Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-18-2006, 09:18 PM         #1
7605 pageviews
180 comments

Michael Angelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!

[pic - click to view]

http://www.blacksportsonline.com

[pic - click to view]

5 REASONS TO HATE TIKI BARBER
Written Robert Littal

As I do every week on Thursday, I am reading my Sports Illustrated magazine (the one with Vince Young on the cover) and there is a featured article in the back about Tiki Barber. I used to like Tiki Barber— I told people all the time he was one of the most underrated RBs in the league, but every since his pending (and self-induced) retirement has become public, I have come to dislike him greatly. I am not one of those sportswriters who will tell you it is not a personal, because it is. I have no problem with him the player, but personally I think he is a self-centered arrogant jerk. I never met the man, if I met him maybe I would have a different opinion (probably not), but after reading this SI story (which was obviously slanted to put him in a positive light) it has only confirmed my original thoughts. My friends let me tell you why.

1-He obviously has an issue with being black.

Take this passage from the story where he is talking about his upbringing.

“Tiki Barber: nonthreatening, articulate, funny, intelligent, self aware and hugely confident without seeming like an ego-maniac. And then there is his diction, which is ethnically and geographically neutral, perfect for a news anchor.

“We grew up in a white middle-class community and had a mom who emphasized education and lived that neutrality”, Tiki says. “She didn’t speak that typical African-American diction”.

First off this SI Writer Karl Taro Greenfield should be suspended for writing this piece of garbage. Is he describing Tiki Barber or Jesus? Mr. Greenfield makes sure to go into great length to make sure everyone knows that Tiki doesn’t fit into any typical black stereotypes. While Tiki makes it clear that he grew in his white middle class community they emphasized education and not talking slang. I hate to break this to Tiki, but I grew up in a black low-class community and you know what my mom also emphasized education and being able to relate to all types of people regardless of race. Tiki also makes a huge point to make sure that everyone knows he doesn’t speak“That typical African-American diction”. One problem with our society is that we care too much about how someone speaks or looks as opposed to the person they are. Just because you speak like Dan Rather Tiki, doesn’t make you any better or worse than Chad Johnson. There is nothing worse than a person who is trying to run away from who he is. Tiki is black and no matter his diction, education or neutrality it is never going to make him white no matter how hard he tries.

----------------------------

[pic - click to view]

FOR REASONS 2-5 WHY YOU SHOULD HATE TIKI BARBER..CLICK HERE

180 comments for "Tiki Barber Hates Being Black!!!!! Your Thoughts!!!"

11 years ago '04        #2
R. Joven 17 heat pts17
space
space
$5,126 | Props total: 65 65
I don't think Tiki should've described slang as "African-American diction."

And while speaking in proper English does not make you better than someone else, it is something that more individuals should try to teach their children. It only helps...
 11 years ago '06        #3
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
Wow. Ignorance from the thread starter at its finest.
 12-18-2006, 09:37 PM         #4
Twelveinchez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WAIT??!!

did i miss something? where does it say he hates being black?

jus cuz you dont talk slang doesnt make u less black. i talk to my professors and boss different than i would my friends. does that make me hate being black? fu*k NO
 12-18-2006, 09:37 PM         #5
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You know that he mostly trying to get that all black people dont talk ignorant or come from broke homes right?
 11 years ago '04        #6
iCantLose 
space
space
$405 | Props total: 6 6
So because Tiki was raised differently than you... you hate him? You hate success? Granted, I don't think I'd want to hang out with dude but I don't hate him because he articulate.

Don't be a crab.
 11 years ago '06        #7
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
Threadstarter is a jealous hater.
 11 years ago '04        #8
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
Because Tiki is well spoken, it doesn't mean that he hates being black, that article is plain dumb and so are you. Just because you've never seen life outside of a St. Louis ghetto, it doesn't mean that EVERYONE has to speak like you and the thugs that live in it. I guess it's good for him that he doesn't act like your stereotypical black guy, i mean, he's got no tattoos, is well spoken and he's just a normal dude.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 12-18-2006 at 09:55 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #9
BeeZaK 
space
space
space
$1,524 | Props total: 45 45
not all blacks speak like that.... and if they dont doesnt mean he/she wants to be someone else...
 12-18-2006, 10:09 PM         #10
uchennan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread has been shut down b/c some dumbass decided to post dumb articles written by dummbasses.
 11 years ago '04        #11
Keystone 
space
space
$2,593 | Props total: 84 84
There's alot of black people who don't fit into typical stereotypes....and most are succesful......don't a.ssume aything
 12-18-2006, 10:17 PM         #12
Silver N Black  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Keystone said:
don't a.ssume aything
exactly. Now if we could get everyone to listen to this about every race/ethnic person.
 12-18-2006, 10:22 PM         #13
uchennan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didnt i say thread was done..we all agree it makes no sense...
 12-18-2006, 10:24 PM         #14
Michael Angelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cap Peeler said:
Because Tiki is well spoken, it doesn't mean that he hates being black, that article is plain dumb and so are you. Just because you've never seen life outside of a St. Louis ghetto, it doesn't mean that EVERYONE has to speak like you and the thugs that live in it. I guess it's good for him that he doesn't act like your stereotypical black guy, i mean, he's got no tattoos, is well spoken and he's just a normal dude.
First off..I have a BA in Journalism and a minor in African-American studies..I can speak french as a 2nd language..secondly I have no tattos and would be considered well-spoken, but I don't have to prove my intelligence to anyone...I don't have to go out of my way to state I don't speak "That African-American Diction"...Tiki has an elitist attitude and in is within my right to call him out on it, because I am entitled of my opinion..
 12-18-2006, 10:46 PM         #15
Twelveinchez  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Michael Angelo said:
Tiki has an elitist attitude and in is within my right to call him out on it, because I am entitled of my opinion..
it's entitled "to" your opinion.... and you're a journalism major?

j/k

Last edited by Twelveinchez; 12-18-2006 at 10:47 PM..
 12-18-2006, 10:52 PM         #16
whiteboi92  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hey i heard u can download movies, music, etc. from this site is there n e 1 who can gelp me pit with this that would be great!
 11 years ago '04        #17
DCbullets202 
space
space
$1,361 | Props total: 0 0
hes also GAY GAY GAY...he fu*k Strayham while they listen to BALLINNN
 11 years ago '04        #18
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,465 | Props total: 293 293
I see nothing wrong with this article. I'm going to raise my kids the same way as Tiki was, and do I hate being black? NO!

The article was just trying to inform people about his childhood and you get all insecure and sh*t about how you were raised. Talking about he hates being black.

You say two contradictory statements. You say he hates being black because he speaks proper english and was raised in a middle class neighborhood. Then you say you were taught the same values. So, technically you and Tiki Barber both hate being black. Your just and a**hole.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-19-2006 at 09:44 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #19
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 Michael Angelo said:
First off..I have a BA in Journalism and a minor in African-American studies..I can speak french as a 2nd language..secondly I have no tattos and would be considered well-spoken, but I don't have to prove my intelligence to anyone...I don't have to go out of my way to state I don't speak "That African-American Diction"...Tiki has an elitist attitude and in is within my right to call him out on it, because I am entitled of my opinion..
So cool then, if you're so educated then, what makes you believe that he doesn't like being black besides his elitist attitude? i mean you need more supporting details.
 12-18-2006, 11:17 PM         #20
divine5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hate is too strong a work for this situation. I just dislike the man. I hate Tom Brady though.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
51 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
27 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
112 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
51 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
46 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
78 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy