To All My Fellow New Yorkers, Let's Keep It Real For A 2nd, 2pac Had Our City Shook!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #101
HotboylilT 
space
space
$367 | Props total: 0 0
Maaan n*ggas in this thread actin like they knew pac and big and sh*t...Maaan none of yall n*ggas really knew what went down...yall just read sh*t...The facts is this though...No NY rapper really dissed pac...maybe on some subliminal sh*t...but n*ggas wasnt saying no names...Pac called all them n*ggas out...The west had the east coast shook fa real though...Imagine if the source awards was opposite....If that sh*t was in LA and Puff and BIG got on stage and said "fu*k the west"...maaan them n*ggas wouldnt have made it out of cali...
 12-16-2006, 03:56 PM         #102
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
threadstarter is an angry dude

givin out hate and sh*t

hey dude ill post whatever i want in any thread i feel like

catchin feelings writing paragraphs in the hate box like a little girl
 11 years ago '05        #103
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
$12,434 | Props total: 1372 1372
 FriscoBoss said:
a lot of the time the people at the forefront of movements have the biggest ego and you could tell his ego was huge pac had a big a.ss head
WTF??

FriscoBoss said:
and hearsay is information received from another person that one can't say if it's true or not hence the quote i gave you
Okay the same thing can be said for anybody. Where are you going with this.
It seems to me like you're just trying to take away from the man imo. No offense though.
 11 years ago '05        #104
FriscoBoss 
space
space
$2,926 | Props total: 20 20
there is huge difference between ether and hitemup
and if you can't see that your and need to stop right now
quit trying win this arguement you lost and are coming from a viewpoint of ignorance
and quite calling me back pack i like everything i'm just not so stupid i can't realize who is more talented or what's really going
when you can come at me with a good arguement respond to this
until then shut the fu*k up and hit those books and get yourself and education
 12-16-2006, 04:04 PM         #105
RicFlair  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Lemmeknow said:
Lol at this halfed a.ss idiot who doesn't know sh*t and only talks from half of his a.ss. Everything you say from your last stupid argument with me from now on is irrelevant. If you knew anything 2pac ever said, you'd know that he said badboy knew about his setup and didn't warn him. He never said badboy plotted it, but knew about the plot to have him robbed you fu*kin idiot. The reason he was mad is because Biggie was supposed to be his friend and he helped mentor him, but dude couldn't even warn him when something like that was going down.

Get your facts straight, you idiot.

you already said what i am saying is irrelevant yet you respond every fu*kin time and then give hate and try to tell someoen not to post in your thread like an emotional girl

now lets say all you are saying above is true, then pac shoulda handled it in the streets.
 11 years ago '06        #106
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
dont want to read through the entire thread.
but nas had a line on a song called welcome to the firm on a dj clue mixtape.

it went "Black Pirelli's rolling over this Makaveli."

but it was still weak.

nas is my favorite rapper, but out of all the rappers in ny he and big got it the worst.
 11 years ago '05        #107
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 4REAL said:
WTF??

Okay the same thing can be said for anybody. Where are you going with this.
It seems to me like you're just trying to take away from the man imo. No offense though.
none taken
i don't want to take away from pac i just think the way he gets his d*ck ridden is ridiculous
me against the world is classic album
but pac was more of a larger than life personality than a hip hop artist towards the end of his life
and that's why he appealed to so many people within an uneducated urban enviroment
hip hop is really an art form of rythym and lyrical ability and in that sense pac was in the upper echalons of average at best
 12-16-2006, 04:21 PM         #108
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RicFlair said:
threadstarter is an angry dude

givin out hate and sh*t

hey dude ill post whatever i want in any thread i feel like

catchin feelings writing paragraphs in the hate box like a little girl
LOL!!!
Hate box. Real talk right here.
 11 years ago '05        #109
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 FriscoBoss said:
none taken
i don't want to take away from pac i just think the way he gets his d*ck ridden is ridiculous
but pac was more of a larger than life personality than a hip hop artist towards the end of his life
and that's why he appealed to so many people within an uneducated urban enviroment
hip hop is really an art form of rythym and lyrical ability and in that sense pac was in the upper echalons of average at best
Yeah, but hip hop is also based on relating to the people, having messages in your music, being a voice for the down, and putting out quality music, all of which 2Pac achieved as an MC. The man put out 4 classic albums while alive and had plenty of classic unofficial leaked music hit the streets. He's put in his work.

If hip hop was based on lyrics, than people would bump acapellas all day. I mean Jadakiss has lyrics. Cassidy has lyrics. Lloyd Banks has lyrics, Jae Hood has lyrics. But because they don't put out music that reaches the people and is felt by people, no matter how lyrical these guys are they won't have impact and won't be felt. It's all about who your audience is. And I think 2pac knew who his audience was and was able to target and relate to them plus the whole planet. To me that is more than any lyrical song could do.

The point is that at the end of the day the music counts and on the music tip 2Pac delivered.
 12-16-2006, 04:29 PM         #110
OVAPROOF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
somebody in this thread said big went hard at pac on lad..i dont kno how to do that quote sh*t but it was said..and n*gga..fu*k outta here .that n*gga big aint come at that n*gga like he shouldve..i give him credit for not wantin to take it there..but mobb deep came at that n*gga hard as fu*k...and they the ONLY n*ggas who really came at pac..sh*t them n*ggas had me thinkin they was involved wit gettin him popped the 1st time wen i heard drop a gem on em
 12-16-2006, 04:35 PM         #111
Lemmeknow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FriscoBoss said:
none taken
he didn't rhyme just to have rhymes to brag about being the best. he had rhymes that came from the heart and didn't sugarcoat his rhymes to be known as a lyrical a.ssasin. this man's lyrics are studied by linguists, college professors, and poets all because he rhymed from the heart. Something all these so called great lyricists in hip hop have not yet achieved. the man cared less about lyrical acclaim because he had bigger things on his plate that he knew he could fulfill with his writing.

2pac said it himself, that he doesn't like to use metaphors, similes, and all that other stuff because he likes to put it out there raw and straightforward. that right there is a true mc and a true artists.

if you can't respect that, then I expect you to go back to bumping your 16 bar freestyles filled with lyrical nothings.
 11 years ago '05        #112
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 4REAL said:
Yeah, but hip hop is also based on relating to the people, having messages in your music, being a voice for the down, and putting out quality music, all of which 2Pac achieved as an MC. The man put out 4 classic albums while alive and had plenty of classic unofficial leaked music hit the streets. He's put in his work.

If hip hop was based on lyrics, than people would bump acapellas all day. I mean Jadakiss has lyrics. Cassidy has lyrics. Lloyd Banks has lyrics, Jae Hood has lyrics. But because they don't put out music that reaches the people and is felt by people, no matter how lyrical these guys are they won't have impact and won't be felt. It's all about who your audience is. And I think 2pac knew who his audience was and was able to target and relate to them plus the whole planet. To me that is more than any lyrical song could do.

The point is that at the end of the day the music counts and on the music tip 2Pac delivered.
see I don't think the people you mentioned are lyrical
punch lines do not equal lyrical even lil wayne has punchlines
lyrical means being able to masterfully put together words with complex topics
I think pac was popular in the back lash of the crack epidemic when the urban communities were suffering from lack of leadership and figures to show them how to reach for there highest ideals
he was conscious enough to get people to listen and he was "thug" enough to attract the ignorance that followed him throughout his life
I like glorified ignorance too (trick daddy, yukmouth, cam'ron) but I'd never call them G.O.A.T.s and I am well aware that for the most part it's garbage

you gave me hate

Last edited by FriscoBoss; 12-16-2006 at 04:46 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #113
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 Lemmeknow said:
he didn't rhyme just to have rhymes to brag about being the best. he had rhymes that came from the heart and didn't sugarcoat his rhymes to be known as a lyrical a.ssasin. this man's lyrics are studied by linguists, college professors, and poets all because he rhymed from the heart. Something all these so called great lyricists in hip hop have not yet achieved. the man cared less about lyrical acclaim because he had bigger things on his plate that he knew he could fulfill with his writing.

2pac said it himself, that he doesn't like to use metaphors, similes, and all that other stuff because he likes to put it out there raw and straightforward. that right there is a true mc and a true artists.

if you can't respect that, then I expect you to go back to bumping your 16 bar freestyles filled with lyrical nothings.
I'm not aking that away from him but there are artist who are a lot better than him at it GZA, AZ, Nas (back in the day), Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Cormega(one of the best to do it) Ras Kass(back in the day), Common
and they very rarely get mentioned
those emcees are all better or were better than pac
 11 years ago '05        #114
4REAL 3 heat pts
space
space
 FriscoBoss said:
see I don't think the people you mentioned are lyrical
punch lines do not equal lyrical even lil wayne has punchlines
lyrical means being able to masterfully put together words with complex topics
I think pac was popular in the back lash of the crack epidemic when the urban communities were suffering from lack of leadership and figures to show them how to reach for there highest ideals
he was conscious enough to get people to listen and he was "thug" enough to attract the ignorance that followed him throughout his life
I like glorified ignorance too (trick daddy, yukmouth, cam'ron) but I'd never call them G.O.A.T.s and I am well aware that for the most part it's garbage
Ignorance like what? You want to build on that?
 12-16-2006, 04:58 PM         #115
Lemmeknow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FriscoBoss said:
I'm not aking that away from him but there are artist who are a lot better than him at it GZA, AZ, Nas (back in the day), Immortal Technique, Mos Def, Cormega(one of the best to do it) Ras Kass(back in the day), Common
and they very rarely get mentioned
those emcees are all better or were better than pac
Lol at Rass Kass, Mos Def, and Immortal technique being better than pac. You're a funny dude. Keep convincing yourself that anything underground or not known is better than mainstream Mr.Hip Hop. What's next, Big L is your goat right? Let me see, he's the only dead MC that's an underdog right.

Lyrical roulette isn't the man's style. He doesn't play that lyrical game. You make it seem as if everyone who touches the mic needs to use some lyrical technique in their writing. It's not a requirement for being an MC. It's a nice addition for bragging rights tho, but it's not a requirement.

And one thing you're forgetting is that none of the people you mention have the impact or legendary status because it goes back to connection. those artists maybe except for Nas rarely makes a connection with audiences. So don't sit there and wonder why these dudes don't get there praise. Not everyone can be legends and ultimately the people decide who gets praised. And when it comes to pac, the people have spoken.
 11 years ago '05        #116
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 4REAL said:
Ignorance like what? You want to build on that?
ignorant in the way he composed himself
spitting at cameras
hitemup
that sh*t was pretty ignorant
especially for some one who wanted to be a revolutionary
look at malcolm, the panthers, the bla, che
those were rowdy a.ss cats but they were always composed and in control
they spoke with actions and eloquence
 11 years ago '05        #117
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 Lemmeknow said:
Lol at Rass Kass, Mos Def, and Immortal technique being better than pac. You're a funny dude. Keep convincing yourself that anything underground or not known is better than mainstream Mr.Hip Hop. What's next, Big L is your goat right? Let me see, he's the only dead MC that's an underdog right.

Lyrical roulette isn't the man's style. He doesn't play that lyrical game. You make it seem as if everyone who touches the mic needs to use some lyrical technique in their writing. It's not a requirement for being an MC. It's a nice addition for bragging rights tho, but it's not a requirement.

And one thing you're forgetting is that none of the people you mention have the impact or legendary status because it goes back to connection. those artists maybe except for Nas rarely makes a connection with audiences. So don't sit there and wonder why these dudes don't get there praise. Not everyone can be legends and ultimately the people decide who gets praised. And when it comes to pac, the people have spoken.
they don't get praise because 85% of the earths population are the humble masses, mentally deaf, dumb, and blind to the truth about themselves and the world in which they live
I'm not a 5% but I find this statement to be very true
 12-16-2006, 05:25 PM         #118
Lemmeknow  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FriscoBoss said:
ignorant in the way he composed himself
spitting at cameras
hitemup
that sh*t was pretty ignorant
especially for some one who wanted to be a revolutionary
look at malcolm, the panthers, the bla, che
those were rowdy a.ss cats but they were always composed and in control
they spoke with actions and eloquence
spitting on the camera was symbolic and was him firing back at the very same media who crucified him and misconstrued his character. hitemup was basically therapy for him. Sure it wasn't right to you but to him, it was hip hop, but in a more extreme form. Who said revolutionaries were positive. he was the first to admit that he wasn't a role model and never wanted to be one because he was real. that was his whole style. He was real. That's why he kept hitemup as he recorded it because he was real raw emotion.
 11 years ago '05        #119
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 Lemmeknow said:
spitting on the camera was symbolic and was him firing back at the very same media who crucified him and misconstrued his character. hitemup was basically therapy for him. Sure it wasn't right to you but to him, it was hip hop, but in a more extreme form. Who said revolutionaries were positive. he was the first to admit that he wasn't a role model and never wanted to be one because he was real. that was his whole style. He was real. That's why he kept hitemup as he recorded it because he was real raw emotion.
and that's exactly why i think he shouldn't be glorified
"he was the first to admit that he wasn't a role model and never wanted to be one"
prime example of ignorance
it doesn't matter if you don't want to be a role model or not when you are in that position you are going to be regardless
 11 years ago '05        #120
FriscoBoss 
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
Yo letmeknow fu*k all the bull sh*t

just give me a valid reason why you think Tupac had out city shook even fi i dont agree wtih you if you can back up ya claim i will then stop posting in this thread and give you props

cuz th eonly way yall can think that if you think diss records cna have a city shook

Now if this thread was abotu Snoop and The Dog Pound crushing the buildigns then i will agree with you cuz "New York's been soft ever since Snoops crushed the building"

But how did Pac have us shook
did that video really have that much of an impact?
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy