Official ALLEN IVERSION trade/rumor thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
232 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Big Baller Brand Shoe Review
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #201
glennrobinson31  OP
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
old news
 11 years ago '05        #202
pnoi89 11 heat pts11
space
space
$11,312 | Props total: 4735 4735
 katalist said:
wow... the 76ers would be stupid to trade AI for Nene and that other scrub.. wow.. thats all i gotta say.
Joe Smith was the #1 draft pick back in 95....
 11 years ago '05        #203
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,583 | Props total: 9 9
 Gramz said:
If that's all I could get for Iverson, he would straight up sit on the bench. I ain't trading unless Andre Miller or Camby was involved. UNfu*kINGBELIEVABLE

*If Philly really does this trade, they deserve to lose every game this season and the next*

Cosign'n your pain. You think the Sixers would have learned from that Barkley catostrophe.....guess not. Miller OR Camby????? MILLER AND CAMBY AND draft picks. Philly stupid
 11 years ago '05        #204
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
Denver already hating on him........

Lincicome: Iverson not answer for Nuggets
Nam Y. Huh © AP

Allen Iverson is known for his all-out hustle, but his me-first approach and a history that shows an inability to deal with coaches and blend in with teammates make him a bad risk for the Nuggets - or any other NBA team.

Bernie Lincicome
email | bioDecember 15, 2006
If Allen Iverson is The Answer, someone is asking the wrong question.
The Nuggets would not win the NBA title with Allen Iverson. No team will win the NBA title with Iverson. The 76ers could not win with Iverson. The U.S. Olympic team could not win with Iverson. Georgetown could not win with Iverson.

Iverson went from co-captain of America's Team to being unwelcomed on his own team, the same team he carried on his slight shoulders to the NBA Finals a few years ago, paid not to play, expunged from Philadelphia and denied international participation even after he had to ask.

Anyone who looks at Iverson and sees a savior ought to turn the binoculars around.

Sooner or later, everyone rejects Iverson, his coaches - five in the past five years - his teammates, his employers, his nation, or at least Team USA mentor Jerry Colangelo.

Iverson will eventually be just too much trouble, and eventually could mean somewhere in the second quarter.

There is no denying he is a nice little player, Iverson. Nice selfish little player. Plays hard. Can score. Causes trouble. Is defensive, not on the court, just in the world. Couldn't cover a sneeze with a tablecloth.

Bad idea Iverson.

An eye magnet, sure, that's Iverson. He is worth watching if you like loose threads on a dinner jacket. He is the olive in the salad - can't miss him, can't digest him.

He would not be a bargain for the Nuggets, except that maybe Iverson and Carmelo Anthony would need only the single hairdresser.

Iverson is almost everything the NBA has denied that it is, that it is not a league of punks and posers, that you love this game and not this guy or that guy and most certainly, please, not that Iverson.

The NBA has passed rules to curb the bling that Iverson not only embodies but spreads, an infection of casual insolence, poor fashion and enough loud jewelry to anchor a cruise ship. And an attitude. Me first, you never.

Iverson is just too seriously peculiar for comfort, like the nutty uncle at the picnic. You try to keep him away from the folks you have to do business with during the week.

Iverson is the most distinctive creature to inhabit the NBA since Dennis Rodman, except with Iverson, tackiness is not an act. He seems, in fact, a rather decent sort, burdened by an obligation to be liked, if always on his terms.

Iverson insists people have not tried to understand him, as if it is their duty to do so.

Certainly basketball at the Pepsi Center would be more interesting and life around the Nuggets would be louder, a clash of posses maybe more a problem than any clash between Anthony and Iverson.

Anthony apparently wants Iverson, this coming from a summer vacation in Athens during the Olympics, when Iverson played harder than anyone on the U.S. team and Anthony played almost not at all.

Maybe there was a bonding of outcasts there, Iverson understanding how a young player could not get along with Larry Brown, since Iverson was one himself.

But Iverson really does not get along with anybody; that is, anybody with whom he must share the basketball. Things are done on his schedule, from his vision, at his speed.

If Iverson had clashes with Brown, his dealing with George Karl will make anything that Kenyon Martin did look like passing out hymnals.

Following the truism that one great player is not enough, other good and some great players were added to Iverson in Philadelphia. He managed not to make anyone of them - the most recent example being Chris Webber - better. In fact, he made them worse.

There is no reason to believe Iverson would not do the same to Anthony. He is not likely to accommodate his instincts in service of Anthony, to shoot only when Anthony has no shot, to dish when Anthony is open, to not dominate the ball but give it up.

As remarkable as Iverson is as an individual attraction, too small to do what he does, too frail to do it as long as he has, all of that, he fits in about as well as a marble in the meat loaf.

How desperate the Nuggets must be to consider taking this distraction into their parlor.

This is not to say that it wouldn't work out. Not every garden slug ruins the tomatoes. Not every odor soils the carpet.

Not every tattooed, head-banded, self-absorbed, me-first brat refuses to work well with others.

Although none comes to mind.
 12-15-2006, 05:26 PM         #205
westcoasta04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
delete this fu*king thread, fu*king kids....making bullsh*t threads that dont have to do with nothing and wasting my fu*kin time me thinking it might be real....smh, smh
 11 years ago '05        #206
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space

they gonna move Carmelo to PF........WTF????????????
 12-15-2006, 05:33 PM         #207
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lakersboy03 said:

they gonna move Carmelo to PF........WTF????????????

melo is the same size as haslem (just to name somebody). plus he can score from anywhere on the court including the post. not a bad move. especially since they run a lot.

denver got away with robbery if they kept camby, miller, melo, boykins AND jr to get AI. nene is nice, but he aint that fu*kin nice
 11 years ago '04        #208
I Need Music. 
space
space
$2,826 | Props total: 0 0
wait? wtf?

the supposed trade is for joe smith
and not jr? lmao @ philly if this turns
out to be true.
 12-15-2006, 05:34 PM         #209
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good luck tryna triple team melo this year in the playoffs
 11 years ago '05        #210
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
 Big Dee said:
good luck tryna triple team melo this year in the playoffs

Real Talk........
 12-15-2006, 05:35 PM         #211
J.Shots503 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if denver is involved they will be sending 2 first round picks in 2007 draft...not j.r. smith or mello
 11 years ago '04        #212
glennrobinson31  OP
space
space
space
$893 | Props total: 2 2
The waiting game...
 11 years ago '04        #213
BayLoc 
space
space
$3,857 | Props total: 3 3
man i hope this is true, i already liked denver and melo only liked sixers cause of AI. if he goes to denver its the best of both worlds
 11 years ago '04        #214
BayLoc 
space
space
$3,857 | Props total: 3 3
shut up it will work, you just mad taht denver gonna own everybody
 12-15-2006, 05:56 PM         #215
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM         #216
AdorableOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Screw Iverson, I'm sick of hearing about him and I'm sick of trade demands in general.

But on another note, go Jazz!
 12-15-2006, 06:02 PM         #217
jlar12 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sixers trying to get Greg Oden if they do that trade.
 12-15-2006, 06:05 PM         #218
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Iverson and Carmelo Anthony would need only the single hairdresser.

Iverson is almost everything the NBA has denied that it is, that it is not a league of punks and posers, that you love this game and not this guy or that guy and most certainly, please, not that Iverson.

The NBA has passed rules to curb the bling that Iverson not only embodies but spreads, an infection of casual insolence, poor fashion and enough loud jewelry to anchor a cruise ship. And an attitude. Me first, you never.

Iverson is just too seriously peculiar for comfort, like the nutty uncle at the picnic. You try to keep him away from the folks you have to do business with during the week.

Certainly basketball at the Pepsi Center would be more interesting and life around the Nuggets would be louder, a clash of posses maybe more a problem than any clash between Anthony and Iverson

SUMMARY - "gee willickers, my nuggets are gonna be TOO friggin black"
 12-15-2006, 06:07 PM         #219
Big Dee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
carmelo wants him on the team
 11 years ago '05        #220
lakersboy03 6 heat pts
space
space
space
Stephen A just said there are many teams still in the mix..........Stephen A or glennrobinson31......no hate and you might be right but I'ma go with Stephen A until the trade goes thru
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
23 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
98 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
45 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
105 comments
24 hours ago