Dec 12 - Sister Of Bryan "Baby" Williams' Killed In Car Crash

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-12-2006, 09:30 AM         #1
20687 pageviews
61 comments

BlockBurner226 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 12 - Sister Of Bryan "Baby" Williams' k!lled In Car Crash

A Metairie mother of three studying for a nursing degree died in a head-on collision when her vehicle was struck by a motorist driving in the wrong direction down Causeway Boulevard early Monday morning.

Tamara Williams, 26, was pronounced dead at the scene on the Causeway overpass at Interstate 10 in Metairie, said Col. John Fortunato, spokesman for the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office.

The other motorist, Jason Williams, 30, of Memphis, no relation, was taken to the Charity Trauma Center in Elmwood, where he was in grave condition Monday afternoon.

The accident occurred just after midnight as Tamara Williams was driving north on Causeway Boulevard in her 2006 Toyota Camry, Fortunato said. She was in the far left lane on the up-slope of the northbound overpass when Jason Williams rounded the top of the hill in his 2001 Chevrolet Silverado and hit her head-on.

Just how Jason Williams ended up driving south down the wrong side of Causeway Boulevard is still a mystery. Because of his condition, investigators have not been able to question him. Causeway Boulevard's I-10 overpass consists of two separate bridges. And the rest of the street headed toward the lake is divided by either a concrete barrier or a grassy median.

"We have no idea how he could have gotten on that side," Fortunato said.

Relatives and friends rushed to the accident scene after word spread of Williams' death. By Monday afternoon, they packed her mother's Valence Street home in New Orleans, some bringing food and comfort for the family. Gathered around the dining room table were several of Williams' classmates from both Dillard University, where she earned a degree in psychology in 2003, and Our Lady of Holy Cross College, where she was studying to become a nurse. Williams' mother, Patricia, sat there as well, smiling silently as they recounted stories about her daughter, who she said would have finished school in 2009.

"She was so excited," Patricia Williams said. "She was supposed to start clinicals in January."

The youngest of six siblings, Williams was the baby in the family despite the moniker of her famous older brother, Bryan "Baby" Williams, rapper and co-founder of Cash Money Records. However, friends said Williams never boasted about her family ties. She was fiercely independent and worked hard in school to make her way on her own.

"That's why she went to school and was getting her second degree," said Holy Cross classmate Erika Martin. "She wanted her own accomplishments."

Williams, who was married, also wanted to be able to support her three children: Peter McDonald, 9; Damon Landry Jr., 5; and Damonte Landry, 3. When Peter learned of his mother's death, friends said he used a cell phone to send her the text message "I love you."

"She lived for her boys," said Candi Nash, a Dillard classmate.

Friends and family called Williams "the glue." She had an infectious personality that allowed her to claim many friends from all walks of life and bring them together. She was the fashion-conscious life of the party who loved to dance and cook. Relatives said it was Williams who took charge of pie-making during the holidays.

With the other driver in the accident teetering so closely to death Monday afternoon, those grieving for Williams weren't quite sure where to direct the anger and shock over the senselessness of her death. But any tears brought on by memories were inevitably followed by smiles. Williams' friends and family said they can't help but laugh when they think about her. Just to know her was to laugh.

"Her laugh," Holy Cross classmate Erica Oquin said, followed by a chorus of affirming laughter from around the room. "It was so loud. You didn't even have to know what she was laughing about. It was a chain reaction."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.nola.com/news/ .. 470.xml&coll=1

61 comments for "Dec 12 - Sister Of Bryan "Baby" Williams' Killed In Car Crash"

12-12-2006, 09:32 AM         #2
Singh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.I.P. to her, sad for her family and kids.
 11 years ago '04        #3
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4287 4287
R.i.p.
 12-12-2006, 09:43 AM         #4
authentic354  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn Bad News seems to be all we hear these days
 12-12-2006, 09:47 AM         #5
Tha_Watcher_8-|  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, was dis n*gga drunk or something? How do you drive down the wrong way of Causeway? Its not like there's no median or divider or anything.
 11 years ago '04        #6
Bundles 26 heat pts26
space
space
$1,534 | Props total: 222 222
R.i.p.
 12-12-2006, 09:49 AM         #7
spearsto  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sad for the kids...hope you living right cause its not just old people who are dying..ill be praying
 11 years ago '04        #8
GetMoneyNYC 
space
space
space
$322 | Props total: 3 3
Damn that sucks....three kids with no mother...R.I.P
 11 years ago '06        #9
rblivewire327 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,154 | Props total: 214 214
damn .... craz stuff ... RIP
 12-12-2006, 09:59 AM         #10
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats sad. but it is fortunate that she had relatives well off enough to take care of her children financially at least.
 12-12-2006, 10:09 AM         #11
murdamane  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
R.i.p.
 11 years ago '06        #12
killaqnz92 
space
space
$490 | Props total: 19 19
 authentic354 said:
Damn Bad News seems to be all we hear these days
YUP NOT A GOOD WAY TO GO IN TO THE NEW YEAR
 11 years ago '05        #13
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,385 | Props total: 8064 8064
r.i.p
 11 years ago '06        #14
BigRed912 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,216 | Props total: 2611 2611
Rip........
 11 years ago '04        #15
klone03 
space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
r.i.p.

a similar thing just happened out here...guy drove the wrong way on a highway, hit a truck & died. people need to pay attention.
 11 years ago '05        #16
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
R.I.P. thats sad, poor kids, I'm sure their family will step up and help
 11 years ago '06        #17
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
that's too messed up. r.i.p.
 11 years ago '05        #18
dmunson318 
space
space
$8,053 | Props total: 789 789
damn that n*gga baby is stingy his sis was only driving a camry
smoothlikebutta slapped this ish

12-12-2006, 10:56 AM         #19
BlockBurner226  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dmunson318 said:
damn that n*gga baby is stingy his sis was only driving a camry
Tamara never relied on Baby for anything, she was very independent and wouldn't even accept Baby buying her a house, Ms Pat (Baby's stepmom) had to convince her to let Baby buy her family a house
 11 years ago '05        #20
DymeKatcha 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,165 | Props total: 958 958
R.I.P. Sorry to hear about this!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
74 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
183 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
49 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy