dexter vs the wire

most viewed right now
 94
Phat ass white girl for real
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 86
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
130 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 76
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 70
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

which is a better show right now?
dexter 25 35.21%
the wire 44 61.97%
neither rather watch porn all day 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
youngvito18 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$13,789 | Props total: 4734 4734
I thought you were talkin bout Dexters Laboratory lol. . . . . but i'm going with The Wire its the best show on tv right now i never watched Dexter because i don't watch Showtime unless Weed is on but even Weed can't touch The Wire
 12-14-2006, 07:34 AM         #22
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
who are u to say my opinions mean nothing i respect yours i just don't agree. my brother fu*ks with dexter hard and he like the wire better. i like the wire because its real. they show the drug dealers as more then thugs they show them as people and they show the police and other officails as being criminals (like real life). and yeah i like flavor of love. but not cause its a good show. because its funny watching how low people will stoop for a little fame and money. its pathetic. but its eye opening seeing how dumb people can be
people who think flavor of love is "good" im sorry but they are fu*king morons and there opinions mean sh*t to me

as for wire, its overrated.. i dont care if i come off racist but it seems the only people hyping it up is black, wonder why? :rolleyes: i bet if all the roles were switched around to WHITE you people wouldnt even give this show a chance
 12-14-2006, 10:13 AM         #23
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
people who think flavor of love is "good" im sorry but they are fu*king morons and there opinions mean sh*t to me

as for wire, its overrated.. i dont care if i come off racist but it seems the only people hyping it up is black, wonder why? :rolleyes: i bet if all the roles were switched around to WHITE you people wouldnt even give this show a chance

How is it overrated? Critics love it more then most shows and most of them are white. I'm going with what the other guy said and that is you don't like it because you don't understand it. Give us a reason why you think Dexter is better since are opinions mean nothing.

Oh and I don't watch Flavor of Love.
 12-14-2006, 11:02 AM         #24
wh0ady 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
for right nowi would have to go with Dexter, it more orignal and the writting is superior to the wire.
 11 years ago '05        #25
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
I like both shows, I just don't know where Styles is coming from saying the Wire has bad writing and implying Dexter is better...I mean they basically stole Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, changed his motive, and made him a cop in Miami. They even reference Bateman in one of the episodes. With the exception of The Corner, The Wire enters new territory with every episode because there hasn't been anything else on TV thats quite like it. Check the threads on here, I called it that Rudy would turn out to be the Ice Truck k!ller way before they revealed it. I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but I think both shows are equally good in terms of quality and writing...the Wire getting even more props for me because I think it has gotten better and better each season, with 4 being one of the best yet. I'm not voting though because I like them both.

And smh @ anyone picking the Wire because they haven't even seen Dexter...in fact, smh @ comparing 2 shows that don't even remotely relate to each other.
 11 years ago '06        #26
d-mac24 
space
space
space
$211 | Props total: 0 0
the wire
 12-14-2006, 12:16 PM         #27
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
I like both shows, I just don't know where Styles is coming from saying the Wire has bad writing and implying Dexter is better...I mean they basically stole Patrick Bateman from American Psycho, changed his motive, and made him a cop in Miami. They even reference Bateman in one of the episodes. With the exception of The Corner, The Wire enters new territory with every episode because there hasn't been anything else on TV thats quite like it. Check the threads on here, I called it that Rudy would turn out to be the Ice Truck k!ller way before they revealed it. I mean you're entitled to your opinion, but I think both shows are equally good in terms of quality and writing...the Wire getting even more props for me because I think it has gotten better and better each season, with 4 being one of the best yet. I'm not voting though because I like them both.

And smh @ anyone picking the Wire because they haven't even seen Dexter...in fact, smh @ comparing 2 shows that don't even remotely relate to each other.
thats like saying every zombie movie is a rip off of george romero

he is nothing like bateman other then the fact that hes a serial k!ller, he actuall FEELS emotions and has motives behind his k!lling, they are nothing alike, and bateman didnt even k!ll those people, he imagined the WHOLE thing
 11 years ago '05        #28
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 Styl3s said:
thats like saying every zombie movie is a rip off of george romero

he is nothing like bateman other then the fact that hes a serial k!ller, he actuall FEELS emotions and has motives behind his k!lling, they are nothing alike, and bateman didnt even k!ll those people, he imagined the WHOLE thing
Well, in the sense that George Romero basically created the zombie sub genre that wouldn't be an incorrect statement. And I said that besides their motives they are basically the same. Dexter orders the drugs he uses to make his victims pass out under the moniker of Patrick Bateman...I don't think it was an accident that they did this. I'm just saying, Dexter is a great show, but its not like its completely groundbreaking.
 12-14-2006, 04:04 PM         #29
Dj J-One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tough but The Wire has been really really really good for a long time...Dexter is so good though too...if Dexter stays good as long as The Wire has this could be a thread we see all the time that is split in half.
 11 years ago '04        #30
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
 Styl3s said:
people who think flavor of love is "good" im sorry but they are fu*king morons and there opinions mean sh*t to me

as for wire, its overrated.. i dont care if i come off racist but it seems the only people hyping it up is black, wonder why? :rolleyes: i bet if all the roles were switched around to WHITE you people wouldnt even give this show a chance

huh??? the show wouldnt work if "the roles were switched around to WHITE" then it would be completely unrealistic and why is race even being brought up all black people dont sell drugs just like all white people arent serial kilers so chill i respect your opinion u dont like tha show u jus dont like it no need for the "i dont care if i come off racist......" comment
 12-14-2006, 04:45 PM         #31
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
Well, in the sense that George Romero basically created the zombie sub genre that wouldn't be an incorrect statement. And I said that besides their motives they are basically the same. Dexter orders the drugs he uses to make his victims pass out under the moniker of Patrick Bateman...I don't think it was an accident that they did this. I'm just saying, Dexter is a great show, but its not like its completely groundbreaking.
and the wire is groundbreaking?
 12-14-2006, 04:52 PM         #32
LookAtTheWheelz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
Writing and Acting wise i gotta go with dexter.

The Wire is pure hype, seasons 1 and 2 had really good writing, 3rd was alright and 4th was just god awful, yeah thats right you wire nutriders i said it, get over it.. the show isnt THAT great
Says the same dude who thinks Alias is brilliant...
 12-14-2006, 05:07 PM         #33
MOSESCANOVA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
people who think flavor of love is "good" im sorry but they are fu*king morons and there opinions mean sh*t to me

as for wire, its overrated.. i dont care if i come off racist but it seems the only people hyping it up is black, wonder why? :rolleyes: i bet if all the roles were switched around to WHITE you people wouldnt even give this show a chance
second season was about white folks genius and tv is entertainment stupid people are entertaining therefore i find flavor of love funny. pathetic but funny
 12-14-2006, 05:19 PM         #34
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LookAtTheWheelz said:
Says the same dude who thinks Alias is brilliant...
You think the "the wire" is?

Alias writing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > the wire
 12-14-2006, 05:53 PM         #35
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
You think the "the wire" is?

Alias writing >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > the wire

LOL You lost all credibility with that response right there.
 12-14-2006, 05:59 PM         #36
Styl3s 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ I only speak the truth, Alias is far more complex then the wire, the writing is 100 levels above the sh*tty overrated wire which will be gone after next season thank god cause its pure trash
 12-14-2006, 06:09 PM         #37
RonMexicoQB 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:
^ I only speak the truth, Alias is far more complex then the wire, the writing is 100 levels above the sh*tty overrated wire which will be gone after next season thank god cause its pure trash

You speak the truth yet your probably the only person that thinks that. Go back to playing your videos and watching attack of the show because you obviously don't get, or don't want to get, the wire.
 12-14-2006, 06:14 PM         #38
MOSESCANOVA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RonMexicoQB said:
You speak the truth yet your probably the only person that thinks that. Go back to playing your videos and watching attack of the show because you obviously don't get, or don't want to get, the wire.
"people don't know, don't show or don't care about what goes on in the ghetto"
-doughboy Boyz in da Hood


Last edited by MOSESCANOVA; 12-14-2006 at 06:15 PM..
 12-14-2006, 06:37 PM         #39
LookAtTheWheelz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Alias could be written by a twelve year old as long as he added in the approriate amount of explosions and gratuitous closeups of Jennifer Garner's a.ss..

If you think that Alias is an example of excellent writing than it makes sense why you dont like the wire.. You have no idea what the hell your talking about.
 12-16-2006, 04:24 PM         #40
Haze'n'Swim 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not exactly an avid fan of The Wire, and American Psycho really got me into film, from a strictly entertainment viewpoint Dexter's obviously my choice.

 WhoSentU said:
HBO series >>>> Showtime series, but I still f*cks with Showtime.
That's ever-changing though. With Weeds, Cell, and Dexter, Showtime has made significant strides on catching up too HBO's line of programming.

 OMEGAMAN said:
And smh @ anyone picking the Wire because they haven't even seen Dexter...in fact, smh @ comparing 2 shows that don't even remotely relate to each other.
Agreed.

Zero correlation.


Last edited by Haze'n'Swim; 12-16-2006 at 04:25 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 48
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
40 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 34
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
98 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 33
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
61 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
68 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
173 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 20
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
29 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 20
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
107 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy