NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

If someone gave you $100k, what would you do?

Props Slaps
 12-11-2006, 07:48 PM         #21
Mushface 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn shame!!!
 11 years ago '04        #22
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
he's not homeless for no reason...he can't manage his money.
 12-11-2006, 07:51 PM         #23
Murda786 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scream @ Me said:
WOW! Thing is, I heard about this awhile ago. Bless his soul. Dude went out of his way to help others (call it the MC Hammer syndrome,)- and got nothing in return. When the money went- so did the friends.

His whole mentality is obviously off though. He was "living for the day"; rather than thinkin' about (the) 'tomorrows'...

^^ Hahah, I agree with you on that. Giving him 100,000 dollars was like giving a child a gun or a baby candy. Obviously if they dont no what to do with it there gonna play wit it and come up with results of there own..
 12-11-2006, 08:05 PM         #24
DaT BoY TheRe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn dats real, i blew my money before, and den my pockets was hurtin, but ya live and ya learn, well at least for me i dunno bout da homeless guy
 11 years ago '04        #25
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2651 2651
This is why I never give homeless people money
 12-11-2006, 08:32 PM         #26
TheBayBoy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah i seen this on hbo Reverse of Fortune or something like that.

I thought he did good with part of his money, then blew it all with all that other useless sh*t.
 11 years ago '04        #27
cincinnati_kidd 
space
space
$886 | Props total: 21 21
i saw this sh*t ..after he went to see his mom he JACKED OFF MOST OF THE MONEY.. he was trickin buyin fat old dopefiend hoes trucks an sh*t ..hittin da bar ..buyin da bar out for them hill billly's.only real g sh*t he did was buy the mexican an acura
 11 years ago '05        #28
darquecinnamon 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$15,348 | Props total: 152 152
 allabout$ said:
well, duh... the dude is homeless. obviously, he became that way from not knowing how to spend his money

uuuh duh..the guy that gev him money didn't think too hard about this...neve give homeless ppl money...give them food
 12-11-2006, 09:06 PM         #29
WCLegend_125 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude the guy is fu*kin tard he should have bought a car and apartment and got a job and saved the rest
 11 years ago '05        #30
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
just sad!!!
dt
 11 years ago '04        #31
ShadyGirl420 
space
space
$1,565 | Props total: 2 2
Yea i seen this on showtime awhile back
 12-11-2006, 10:16 PM         #32
CatchinZs 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i bet the director encouraged the hobo to spend spend spend to skew the results, don't buy in to this as if this was a universal happening. at the same time i would not advise someone to give a hobo 100k cash.
 11 years ago '04        #33
Krairo 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 159 159
That was stupid most of the money went into the Truck wtf did he buy? He shoulda spent the money on crack or weed, safehouses and armed guards.
 12-11-2006, 10:40 PM         #34
shyneshyne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its a lie he aint homeless still n*gga bought a 32,000 truck he can sell it
 11 years ago '98        #35
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3582 3582
Dude was homeless, which means he doesnt have good money sense to begin with. So who thought he'd put 80 gs in RRSPs?

I wonder whats gonna happen to all those vehicles when they dont have money for gas. Well, guess they arent homeless afterall.
 11 years ago '06        #36
NefariousNate 
space
space
$2,292 | Props total: 20 20
rofl adsadasda
 11 years ago '05        #37
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
this is actually old. i saw this movie a couple months back on showtime i want to say. dude was wildin in it.
 11 years ago '05        #38
claydoe803 
space
space
$452 | Props total: 55 55
Does anybody else think its kind of stupid of the movie director to blow $100,000 just to prove a point
 11 years ago '06        #39
cvcxl  OP
space
space
space
$1,539 | Props total: 1 1
Here is a summary from Oprah.com on the homeless man and how he is doing now. Appearently he owes more money because of this experiment...

Wayne Powers, Ted Rodrigue and Oprah
In a controversial Showtime documentary, Reversal of Fortune by filmmaker Wayne Powers, cameras follow Ted Rodrigue, a 45-year-old who has been periodically homeless for the last 20 years. Wayne tells Ted his film is about what's it's like to be homeless, but there's more planned for Ted's story on film.

One day, Ted headed for the dumpster to search for bottles and cans, which he recycled for money. There he found a briefcase containing $100,000 in cash—placed there by Wayne.

"There [were] a lot of emotions all at once," Ted says about finding the briefcase. "I thought I was going to get shot. I thought it was drug money. Then I thought it was a prop for the movie, and I would have to give it back. It didn't sink in for a good half an hour—then I knew [it was mine to keep]."

Wayne says he was inspired to make Reversal of Fortune because of his daily interactions with homeless people in Los Angeles. "I thought to myself, 'What would happen if I actually was able to give someone $100,000 and the free will to do with it what they wanted to do?'" he says. "Would that turn their life around or would it create more problems?"

He says they searched extensively to find a subject like Ted before filming began. "We picked somebody who was able to pass a medical exam, a psychiatric evaluation, a drug test. When he did receive the money, I actually for the first time felt quite optimistic," Wayne says. "Ted had talked about wanting to get a one-bedroom apartment, a job, he was so happy. And I thought, 'Wow, this is really great. Because of me and someone else's money maybe this will really turn his life around.'"

While Ted received financial counseling to deal with his influx of money, his old habits died hard. Ted got a room but continued to sleep on the floor. He still collected cans and bottles, the primary way he'd survived for years. Ted also spread his wealth around—he says he paid off friends' debt, bought a friend a new car and himself a truck that cost $34,084.89. He also got married.

"You never think…the money's going to run out sooner or later," Ted says. "At the time I was living in L.A., and I thought with having that money, I could go back to Sacramento and reunite with my family, and that it would change everything. It did for a while—I had more friends than I could count."

How is Ted today? »
Ted says he not only spent or gave away all $100,000, he actually owes more money now than he did before. "I thought it would erase all my problems. I thought I would never be homeless again," he says. "But, like I said, I made a couple of bad choices."

Ted says some of those bad choices include his expensive truck, getting his teeth fixed, giving so much money away, turning down various job offers, and his marriage—which ended, he says, when his wife left him as soon as the cash ran out.

"It was a frustrating process, in a way, because I think that there were a lot of opportunities sent Ted's way," Wayne says. "And while you're with someone, and the closer you get to them, and the more that you kind of root for them and understand them, the more frustrating it gets when those opportunities are passed by. I think that it shows that, from a personal story, people that are homeless, there are certain demons inside them. … I think alcoholism plays a part of that. I learned that in providing somebody with the necessities to be able to turn their life around, a car, a telephone, a roof above their head, a driver's license, all the things that we hear is what somebody needs to be able to turn their life around, it still, unfortunately, in this particular case, was not enough."

Back living on the street, Ted says, "I'm not happy, but I'm contented."
 11 years ago '06        #40
Cary 10 heat pts10
space
space
$1,082 | Props total: 145 145
 daffysm said:
wait....how can you get urself an apartment.....and a couple of $30,000 cars with only $100,000????
i know da sh*t dont sound right
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc