Dec 11 - A Homeless Man Blows $100,000 of Free Money As Seen on Oprah

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
162 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
28 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
44 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
92 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

If someone gave you $100k, what would you do?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #1
14694 pageviews
73 comments

cvcxl 
space
space
space
$1,539 | Props total: 1 1
Dec 11 - A Homeless Man Blows $100,000 of Free Money As Seen on Oprah

A Homeless Man is Given $100,000 by a Film Director and Blows it All Foolishly

On a recent Oprah Winfrey show that aired on Friday December 1, 2006, a homeless guest on the Oprah Winfrey show was given $100,000 by a film director. The film director gave him this money as a test to see howhe would spend the money. The homeless man did not know that he was going to receive the money when he first got the $100,000. He was only told that he would be filmed as a documentary as to how a homeless man spends his days. It was about the day and life of a homeless person.

The man first found the briefcase with $100,000 ina garbage bin when he was looking for soda cans. This is how he made his money. The man was clearly broke and when he found the briefcase with the money in it, he could not believe it. He actually cried in shock. I was amazed to find out what the homeless man did with the money next.

The man first got himself an apartment and then he bought himself a $32,000 truck. He then bought his friends cars by taking them to a car dealership and having them purchase the car that they wanted. He kept on buying more more stuff and then he gave the money away. Was this a smart thing to do?

Shockingly the film maker also gave him the opportunity to use a financial advisor and counselor for free. The homeless man did not take him up on his offer. He instead spent all of the money on whatever he felt like spending his money on. Shockingly the homeless man lost everything and he stated that he is back on the streets and homeless again. The sad truth here is that sometimes when you give money to someone, you hope that they would do the best with it. However, we can see clearly here from this example that it is not always true. Have you ever given something to someone and asked yourself if you should have maybe let them work for it instead? When you work for something, you tend to value it more because you knew what it took to make that kind of cash.

The homeless man also stated that when he received the $100,000 he also received a lot of friends. He even got married. Once he lost all of his money, the homeless man claimed that his wife did not want him anymore. Does money bring more friends and influence your power? According to this story, it does. You can make friends easily when you have money to spend on them. Many millionaires will tell you that they can have many friends with their money.

It is safe to say that from this example, money is best when it is earned by yourself and not given to you by another person. Especially not in a lump sum. I encourage you to give this year, but to use wisdom when giving as well. If you are wanting to read about money or power, the best book to get on this topic is, "Is Life Worth It? s3x, Money and Power from a Psychics Point of View by Stephen Piperno.

Source: a.ssociated Content

[pic - click to view]

link

73 comments for "Dec 11 - A Homeless Man Blows $100,000 of Free Money As Seen on Oprah"

12-11-2006, 06:14 PM         #2
allabout$ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well, duh... the dude is homeless. obviously, he became that way from not knowing how to spend his money
 11 years ago '06        #3
daffysm 
space
space
$14,039 | Props total: 2053 2053
wait....how can you get urself an apartment.....and a couple of $30,000 cars with only $100,000????
 12-11-2006, 06:22 PM         #4
Dr. X 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres always bum f!ghts
 12-11-2006, 06:23 PM         #5
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw that documentary on Showtime on Demand back in like August, dude was a fu*kin' retard blowing his money on all kinds of stupid sh*t - bought a bi*ch a car - and spent most of it on buying out the bar for bi*ches.
 12-11-2006, 06:24 PM         #6
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats what happen when u give a man that much money who anit seen cash he must have been one of those crazy out of his mind homless dudes cause he cant have sense in his head and blow all that money
 12-11-2006, 06:28 PM         #7
cortez543211 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that writer is aweful...
but yeah, stupid homeless dude
 11 years ago '04        #8
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
old... this documentary has been on Showtime on demand for ages now... WAY before he came on Oprah...
 12-11-2006, 06:29 PM         #9
ItsYaboyJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do I have to dress homeless to have somebody give me $100,000 to see how I spend it?
 11 years ago '04        #10
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,015 | Props total: 1903 1903
WOW! Thing is, I heard about this awhile ago. Bless his soul. Dude went out of his way to help others (call it the MC Hammer syndrome,)- and got nothing in return. When the money went- so did the friends.

His whole mentality is obviously off though. He was "living for the day"; rather than thinkin' about (the) 'tomorrows'...
 11 years ago '05        #11
klew 227 heat pts227
space
space
$9,280 | Props total: 782 782
WTF this sh*t is mad old. I saw this like 6 months ago on demand
 12-11-2006, 06:41 PM         #12
ADrake22 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daffysm said:
wait....how can you get urself an apartment.....and a couple of $30,000 cars with only $100,000????
*Jeezy's voice* Ha Haaaaa

11 years ago '04        #13
Scream @ Me 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,015 | Props total: 1903 1903
 daffysm said:
1.Reread it. It never said he BOUGHT the apartment, just said he got an apartment (you CAN rent apartments ...).

2.Where'd you get 'a couple of $30,000 cars- from?' It said he bought HIMSELF a $32,000 truck.. then it said he bought cars for his friends- didn't say the value/condition of the cars. So-- he could've bought some cheap/used cars rangin' from $3,000- $5,000 (maybe a little more, maybe a little less- give or take)
 11 years ago '04        #14
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
Now thats what we call a real "Bruster's Millions"
 11 years ago '05        #15
MATIX 
space
space
$7,986 | Props total: 66 66
I dont know how to feel for the guy. I guess its back to digging in the trash again.
 11 years ago '04        #16
~G~ 
space
space
$13,748 | Props total: 2 2
lol that guy must be so haggard
 11 years ago '05        #17
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Thats goes to show you that people dont value money if its isnt earned by their own hard work and sweat...

PS never seen da documentary hope he wasnt blk
 12-11-2006, 07:40 PM         #18
IRemainRaw 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Easy come ,easy go
 11 years ago '04        #19
RAPSOURCE2003 10 heat pts10
space
space
$2,216 | Props total: 17 17
 ItsYaboyJay said:
Do I have to dress homeless to have somebody give me $100,000 to see how I spend it?
NAW JUST WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS........

LOL JUST MESSING WITH YOU..
 11 years ago '05        #20
bayrider 
space
space
$675 | Props total: 0 0
too bad showtime didnt show all the meth he did
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy