Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL RIGGED & SCRIPTED SPORTS | Ryan Shazier injury, Pittsburgh Steelers & Supe..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
80 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-10-2006, 10:42 AM         #1
43946 pageviews
14 comments

cableguy0469 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Subwoofers doing a heartbeat sound?

somethings wrong my babies, they did this awhile ago too, When my cd player is on the subs do a constant thump like a heartbeat. Even on pause or mute. What could this be do you think? my wiring set up, Headunit, amp or what?

14 comments for "Subwoofers doing a heartbeat sound?"

12-10-2006, 12:04 PM         #2
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
head unit or possibly a grounding issue, if your amp has a low pass filter try plugging a portable CD player or an ipod to the rca's, turn it up, and see if you still hear the heartbeat... also check all your grounds, if you still hear it then you prolly got an amp problem, if you don't hear it when the other input is plugged up to the rca's then you prolly got a fu*ked up head unit...

Edit: it could also be some kind of weird alternator interference... but i doubt it cause the way you are describing it, but if everything leads back to the head unit, before you go throw a few bills on a new head unit, try hooking a ground loop isolator to your rca's...
 12-11-2006, 11:23 AM         #3
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
more than likely its either sh*tty quality rca cables or a messed up ground sumwhere

i had some rca jacks layin around the house that were made for video only and i put em in my car for the amp and it did the same thing so i went and got some real ones and problem solved
 12-11-2006, 01:12 PM         #4
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah, like others have already said, check your grounds and replace your rca's. i had the same problem with my rcas, the rca's were actually grounding out, there was a cut in the outside coating
one
GhosT
 12-12-2006, 10:09 AM         #5
druthafoo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
unwire everything and rewire everything more securely like your life depended on it
 12-13-2006, 08:44 AM         #6
cableguy0469  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i had some walmart brand RCAs in my car and there wasnt the hearbeat sound, i replaced them with rockford RCAs and thats when they starte the heartbeat sound.
how would i hook it up to an ipod?
 12-13-2006, 08:48 AM         #7
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get one of the cables that goes from a headphone jack to rca plugs, then plug that up to your amp.......
 11 years ago '06        #8
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 1170 1170
^^ what if he only has an amp to his subs...theres this cable u can get if ure deck supports cd changers, n most do im guessing, then u can run that cable from behind the deck. One end of the cable is a 3.5mm headphone that goes rite into ure ipod...illc if i can find the link.
 12-13-2006, 10:39 AM         #9
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
as long as his amp has the low pass filter set correctly the amp will only pick up the lows... since he will be hooking the ipod straight into the rca inputs of the amp, he will be bypassing the rca's from the head unit, if his subs work fine with the ipod, then he either has problems with his rca cables from the head unit (most likely) or his head unit is messed up...

Edit: remember when u hook the ipod up to the amp your head unit will need to be on as well so your amp will turn on...
 11 years ago '05        #10
younghova032003 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,610 | Props total: 36 36
I bet your amp just up too high. Try turnin it down.
 12-13-2006, 12:33 PM         #11
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ nah... if its a constant noise then hes got problems, some kind of interference...
 11 years ago '06        #12
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,832 | Props total: 1170 1170
o dam i thought u were jus tellin him how 2 hook up an ipod lol i shud have read before my bad...
 12-13-2006, 01:06 PM         #13
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its straight man dont worry about it...
 11 years ago '04        #14
yo0123yo 148 heat pts148
space
space
space
$3,681 | Props total: 251 251
that happened to me before, my amps output channel was blown (i shorted it out) so all my subs would do it make a constant thumping noise, i had to send it to get repaired to amprepaircenter.com
 11 years ago '04        #15
Sty13S 
space
space
space
$914 | Props total: 0 0
this happened to me not long ago at all. it was my fuse. this dude sold me some bullsh*t a.ss fuse and it wasnt givin me full power. im not sayin that is ur problem but once i got a new fuse, it fixed my sh*t?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
151 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now