Dec 8 - Nas Comes To Jay-Z's Defense Against LL Cool J Remarks

most viewed right now
29 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

nas is cool as fu*k

New replies show every 10 seconds
 12 years ago '04        #101
HUMAN_CRACK 4 heat pts
space
space
$6,364 | Props total: 121 121
 Curtisimo said
because economicly it would not make sense????

you tell me you would spend your own money promoting your album if your only gonna make 25 cents a album?????

a low budjet video is 40,000

so say you put in your own money to pay for your video(which labels should do)
now you go gold sell 500,000 records

so then you earn 125,000 and thats before taxes take your share you gettign crumbs while you spent your own money to promote your album while your record label (executives, A&R's, production, etc) is getting just as much money as you and they basicly did nothing

you see how that makes no sense fo rthe rapper

and i just used a video example
you also got o pay for hotel and touring fees when you go on a promo tour and sh*t
you got to pay funk master flex to say "you cop your album righ tnow"
you got to take out raio station execs out to dinner and sh*t (you have to pay for everything) to have them play your record on thier readio station

its not so simple to be liek well why dotn these artist pay to market themselves cuz it wouldnt make sence to do so if your on a major label
like I said if an artist have to market themselves then that is a bad record company
why should the artist have to do all the work while the label just sit with thier thumbs up thier a.ss and get money off the artist hard labor and creativity without doing the jobs they was hired to do
nothing in today's world makes sense economically, so if other artists are promoting themselves why ll, they are spending their money that they made to promote their albums, for example, last year i went to indianapolis, for the black expo, and saw young jeezy posters everywhere, do you think jay-z was rolling was around in a van with jeezy posters and putting them on street lights and buildings, no jeezy has his street team, matter of fact i was trying to be down with his street team but you have to live in atlanta. so to further go against your argument, just by the sounds of it ll has no street team.

btw you are making it sound like LL is an up and coming artist. this n*gga is a legend and he has money off of records sales and movies so your argument is slowly losing weight like a obese bulimic.

12 years ago '05        #102
Micheal C. Will 24 heat pts24
space
space
$30,254 | Props total: 24020 24020
n*ggas always complaining....make good music and good marketing will make itself.

12 years ago '04        #103
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$3,044 | Props total: 472 472
 magniff said
ll cool j got a point though

Nas has a better point....i dont think LL could have sold big number wit that albumif he ha 5 artists promotion budget

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  49
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  36
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  18
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  12
Dec 13 - Atlanta goons shoot and kill a Police officer and K-9 off Candler Road
185 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+67online now  10
Image(s) inside May 31, 2019, Legendary Pictures will be DROPPING. BODIES.
49 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+21online now  8
Image(s) inside First Poster for Jordan Peele’s upcoming film “US”; trailer drops on C..
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+194online now  6
Video inside Kanye let's it be known.
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-42online now  6
Video inside Is Drake a gangster?