Dec 8 - Nas Comes To Jay-Z's Defense Against LL Cool J Remarks

most viewed right now
29 comments @sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

nas is cool as fu*k

12 years ago '06        #51
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,739 | Props total: 416 416
LL COOL J AND METH'S ALBUM BEEN STOPPED GET ALOT OF PROMOtion before jay got There. they need tO STOP HATING. NAS IS RIGHT!!!

12-09-2006, 08:50 PM         #52
Khaliyq1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props

12 years ago '05        #53
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,642 | Props total: 358 358
 twherry19 said
who does everyone think he is going to promote. once Nas's sh*t come out and he don't get their billboard spots, tv commercials and all the other sh*t Jay got, that n*gga gone be upset also. yeah you have your loyal fans who are going to get your sh*t, but you are more importantly trying to convice the people who don't know about you to get your sh*t. so if your out of sight your out of mind. jay has a name, we all know that, but seeing his face during every fu*king commercial break is going to sell more than nas talking on the radio.
Dats Real Talk. No promo No Sales its just dat simple

12 years ago '04        #54
Mega 
space
space
$5,839 | Props total: 1581 1581
 deez_got_it89 said
"The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slavery s***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

The truth

LL needs to blame his wack album and poor choice of singles

12 years ago '04        #55
Mega 
space
space
 80sbabyent said
Fallout boy, Jezzy, Rick Ross, Neyo, and Rhianna......all platinum all new to def jam since Jay took over..enough said

Jay-Z is the only one held to that standard. Like all of your artist are supposed to go platinum. Nobody criticizes Jimmy Iovine for Mobb Deep, YaYo, Lloyd Banks or Obie Trice flopping. They blame 50, but Jimmy is the real person over Aftermath, Shady and G-Unit. Clive Davis was releasing...Jimmy Cozier, Oliva, Product G&B and Alcia Keys at the same time...2 didn't sell, one never came out...and Alicia was the only one who became big. Does Clive Davis get blamed for Product G&B? No, people only talk about his successes. But people bring up Tierra Maria, but not Rhianna. People don't realize Fat Joe had to go to his label, asking them to market Remy Martin.

Method Man wasn't going platinum
The Roots have never gone platinum, only gold once

So why are you going to devote a lot of marketing dollars to someone who isn't going to sell? That's foolish and poor business. You're going to spend as much marketing LL as you do Kanye? LL hasn't gone multi in 10 years. sh*t is dumb, and only said by people who don't know business and just want another excuse to knock Jay-Z.

Bottom line at the end of the day...people want to see Jay-Z fail.

12 years ago '04        #56
Chillmatic 
space
space
$459 | Props total: 21 21
 DJ_Red__Line said
LL, Nas, and Jay-Z are like the senior citizens of hip hop.... they haven't made good music since the 90s. They should make a retirement home for aging rap stars and put them there!

Papoose, Jae Millz, and Serious Jones are the future...

"Nacirema Dream, greatest album ever"

papoose, pap, papoose!!!!!!!! :applause:

12 years ago '05        #57
Rayo 
space
space
$818 | Props total: 0 0
i can understand why LL is upset, but he's been at Def Jam long enough to make his own moves there with his music and he hasn't acted on that so he can't get too mad and i'm sure Jay isn't the only one working at that company.

12-10-2006, 08:21 AM         #58
w33k3ndwarri3r  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good or bad promotion will only effect the sales so much...if you made a wack a.ss album...someone's gonna know not to buy it...

12 years ago '06        #59
RetroKing23 
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
propz

12-10-2006, 08:58 AM         #60
offbeatrls  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props

12-10-2006, 09:18 AM         #61
deez_got_it89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Full_Surface said
props
props

12 years ago '04        #62
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,317 | Props total: 308 308
 DJ_Red__Line said
LL, Nas, and Jay-Z are like the senior citizens of hip hop.... they haven't made good music since the 90s. They should make a retirement home for aging rap stars and put them there!

Nah fam... I'm a fan but them dudes will always be just street n*ggas and locals. Maybe Pap might do sumthin but I doubt it... The future is more like Buddens but he never gonna sell... Matter fact they should just stop rating artists on sales... sh*ts impossible now wit the computer age. One person gets an album and then the next 100 or so people got it. For instance, Boxden... Maybe Boxden k!lled HipHop lol.

12 years ago '04        #63
casper 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,753 | Props total: 2 2
 Nycsom1985 said
Crazy,n*ggaz over at defjam albums wasn't getting proper promotion before jay got over there,LL been in the game too long not to do the shyt himself,I don't know whats up wit cats in hip hop anymore!

i was just gon say that...i aint read past this guys post on the 2nd page but anyway, i dont think LL been promoted really since he was "doin it wild" & method man aint been promoted since that judgement day sh*t,...he stayed afloat due to movies etc.

12 years ago '05        #64
s4s|M 23 heat pts23
space
space
space
$12,057 | Props total: 1 1
 DJ_Red__Line said

i agree that pap is the future but damn u cant even talk shyt bout ll, nas, or jay-z. if u herd hip hop is dead im sure u wuldnt be talkin shyt. actually im sure if u listened to nas, jay-z or ll you wuld be show a lil bit more respect. u were prolly never a fan, ud rather listen to "Chicken Noodle Soup" then any song on Jay/Nas' album u lose.

12 years ago '05        #65
wr8201 
space
space
$5,896 | Props total: 4 4
when jayz was on the radio with funk flex he made a good point. he said artists need 2 do more if they wanna sell records such as tourin more.u cant think jusyt puttin a single out in gonna cut it cuz its not.

12 years ago '04        #66
Mega 
space
space
 Peter Starks™ said
Nah fam... I'm a fan but them dudes will always be just street n*ggas and locals. Maybe Pap might do sumthin but I doubt it... The future is more like Buddens but he never gonna sell... Matter fact they should just stop rating artists on sales... sh*ts impossible now wit the computer age. One person gets an album and then the next 100 or so people got it. For instance, Boxden... Maybe Boxden k!lled HipHop lol.

props for this

12 years ago '05        #67
matthew7 
space
space
$811 | Props total: 1 1
I agree with LL and Meth, look at what they did to DMX's album they gave that sh*t no love. When it was supposed to be released on Def Jam I had to go online and find out about it myself

12-10-2006, 11:09 AM         #68
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL I think dudes thought Jay was going to be some savior of the company. That's when dudes got lazy. Toss their album at Jay and be like, "Yo make it sell!".

When I see marketing for Kingdom Come, all of this sh*t seems to be coming out of Jay's investment, not Def Jam. So really it's like Meth and LL got lazy.

BTW their albums weren't even that hot.

12-10-2006, 05:04 PM         #69
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i done posted this ..this old news u real late on this

12-10-2006, 05:32 PM         #70
Everette3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL is simply jealous of Jay-Z's position. Same with Method Man. Jay is just the scapegoat for those rapper's crappy albums. The president signs new talent. Rhianna. Neyo. Jay should be at credit for them. Although Jay has a way of promoting the artist by inserting himself onto the album (i.e. Rick Ross, Kanye) he isn't the director of marketing/promoting. Those in charge of that need to find the funds to push the artists.

12 years ago '04        #71
Mega 
space
space
 matthew7 said
I agree with LL and Meth, look at what they did to DMX's album they gave that sh*t no love. When it was supposed to be released on Def Jam I had to go online and find out about it myself

DMX was released on Sony nitwit

12 years ago '04        #72
dunnlanguage41 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
ll is def. right. the only reason i knew he had a new album comin out was b/c i heard about him and jz beefin

12 years ago '05        #73
mjkickz15 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 0 0
yo i got one question. ll's been on def jam for about 15 years and has 12 records under them. you would think that he would kno how to promote his own album after that long. i swear these rappers need to sit back and pay attention to the music market. using jay isn't a good excuse for the poor album sales. the album was medicore and didnt really appeal to anyone even with the j.lo collab. sales in records decline about 60% and u wondering why ur album flopped. he should of went on tour and got paid off of that.lol

12 years ago '04        #74
kayne716 
space
space
$510 | Props total: 148 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Red__Line

how u gon say that n quote a new hov song in ur sig?

12-11-2006, 12:37 AM         #75
eazyerev  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats bullsh*t. method man and ll sh*t didnt get no play. but jay got his sh*t everywhere. all over monday night football and sh*t. fu*k him. thats way wayne fu*ked k!ll that "show me what u got"!!!

Home      

most viewed right now
+29online now  49
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
155 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+20online now  36
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
67 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  18
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
163 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  12
Dec 13 - Atlanta goons shoot and kill a Police officer and K-9 off Candler Road
185 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+67online now  10
Image(s) inside May 31, 2019, Legendary Pictures will be DROPPING. BODIES.
49 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+21online now  8
Image(s) inside First Poster for Jordan Peele’s upcoming film “US”; trailer drops on C..
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+194online now  6
Video inside Kanye let's it be known.
347 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-42online now  6
Video inside Is Drake a gangster?