most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
66 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

nas is cool as fu*k

Props Slaps
 12-09-2006, 10:18 AM         #41
80sbabyent  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Fallout boy, Jezzy, Rick Ross, Neyo, and Rhianna......all platinum all new to def jam since Jay took over..enough said
 12-09-2006, 10:28 AM         #42
OVAPROOF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont even like LL i never did but hes rite. jay dont promote nobody but hisself..method man album been out for like 2 months n*gga still got no video..where is joe budden?
 11 years ago '04        #43
leon22 
space
space
$1,250 | Props total: 0 0
cats need to stop blaming somebody else for thier misfortunes, ll had the single w/ j.lo & jermaine dupri and then the single w/ lyfe jennings, his album was filled w/ collaborations.....wat more can u ask 4...i could see meth gettin upset @least get a video for his album, but u gotta grind urself
 12-09-2006, 03:44 PM         #44
DaminOG™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL got a PERFECT POINT all Jigga and his fugly gf thinks about is about THEM they think there hot sh*t and above everyone its been outlined byt both many of times
 11 years ago '04        #45
letsbeserious 
space
space
$347 | Props total: 10 10
its funny how they want all this promotion but its also funny they never really sold in the 1st place ...ll in the beginning but not after his 100th album
 12-09-2006, 04:34 PM         #46
PHANTOM TWIN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LL should be the last artist to complain about promotion. His fanbase has kept him doing good numbers for years but I guess they are finally getting tired of his recycled bullshyt album after album. It never fails, whenever a artist makes a garbage-azz album and has poor sales or gets dropped by a label, the first thing they do is holla lack of promotion.
 11 years ago '04        #47
GoldynChyld421 
space
space
space
$7,954 | Props total: 706 706
Albums go platinum when you have a #1 single, or when you're relevant to pop culture...

If you don't qualify for those 2 things, you most likely won't go gold... They coulda put 100 million Method Man posters on Buses and billboards around america, and he still wouldn't have sold records..

his time is past, same with LL...
 11 years ago '04        #48
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,740 | Props total: 2402 2402
n*gga said Run D built Def Jam lmaooooo

Only way i can agree to that is if Russ borrowed money from Joey to fund Def Jam that's about it
the above statement is another fine example of little kids who do not know their history but choose to speak wreckless on things that they really know
nothing about.. May Bambaataa forgive them for they do not know what they do.....
 11 years ago '04        #49
Prjhov03 
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 27 27
Nas is right, buy LL has a point. Jz only knows how to promote his own image. You never heard anything about LL's album or Meth's which was way better than that Kingdom Come's sh*t.
 11 years ago '04        #50
Ganja Man 
space
space
$983 | Props total: 45 45
they can't blame the executives they chasing radio...that is stupid...they not in tha streets thats all..the execs get your sh*t everywhere and u trippin on sales...? that is the artist fault..
 11 years ago '04        #51
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 deez_got_it89 said:
Amidst rapper L.L. Cool J's announcement of leaving his long-time label Def Jam, Queensbridge rapper Nas has made a statement defending his ally and Def Jam President Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter.

In a statement to Complex Magazine, Nas stated:

"The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slavery s***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

Recently L. L. blamed Jay-Z for the mis-promotion of his (L.L.'s) album Todd Smith.

"Jay-Z is good at promoting Jay-Z," said LL. "And that's about it."

However, although Jay-Z's recent album Kingdom Come sold over 600,000 copies in its first week, sales dropped more than 81% in the second week, pushing the long-awaited comeback album out of the top 10.

Other artists such as Method Man have also complained that their albums were receiving little to no promotion from the Def Jam label.

Ok. So why the fu*k is Nas even speaking on this? Wtf?

This n*gga needs to concentrate on his own record and quit speakin on other n*ggaz...for real...
 11 years ago '06        #52
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,479 | Props total: 257 257
LL COOL J AND METH'S ALBUM BEEN STOPPED GET ALOT OF PROMOtion before jay got There. they need tO STOP HATING. NAS IS RIGHT!!!
 12-09-2006, 08:50 PM         #53
Khaliyq1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props
 11 years ago '05        #54
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 twherry19 said:
who does everyone think he is going to promote. once Nas's sh*t come out and he don't get their billboard spots, tv commercials and all the other sh*t Jay got, that n*gga gone be upset also. yeah you have your loyal fans who are going to get your sh*t, but you are more importantly trying to convice the people who don't know about you to get your sh*t. so if your out of sight your out of mind. jay has a name, we all know that, but seeing his face during every fu*king commercial break is going to sell more than nas talking on the radio.
Dats Real Talk. No promo No Sales its just dat simple
 11 years ago '04        #55
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
 deez_got_it89 said:
"The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slavery s***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

The truth

LL needs to blame his wack album and poor choice of singles
 11 years ago '04        #56
Mega 
space
space
$5,594 | Props total: 981 981
 80sbabyent said:
Fallout boy, Jezzy, Rick Ross, Neyo, and Rhianna......all platinum all new to def jam since Jay took over..enough said

Jay-Z is the only one held to that standard. Like all of your artist are supposed to go platinum. Nobody criticizes Jimmy Iovine for Mobb Deep, YaYo, Lloyd Banks or Obie Trice flopping. They blame 50, but Jimmy is the real person over Aftermath, Shady and G-Unit. Clive Davis was releasing...Jimmy Cozier, Oliva, Product G&B and Alcia Keys at the same time...2 didn't sell, one never came out...and Alicia was the only one who became big. Does Clive Davis get blamed for Product G&B? No, people only talk about his successes. But people bring up Tierra Maria, but not Rhianna. People don't realize Fat Joe had to go to his label, asking them to market Remy Martin.

Method Man wasn't going platinum
The Roots have never gone platinum, only gold once

So why are you going to devote a lot of marketing dollars to someone who isn't going to sell? That's foolish and poor business. You're going to spend as much marketing LL as you do Kanye? LL hasn't gone multi in 10 years. sh*t is dumb, and only said by people who don't know business and just want another excuse to knock Jay-Z.

Bottom line at the end of the day...people want to see Jay-Z fail.
 11 years ago '04        #57
Chillmatic 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 14 14
 DJ_Red__Line said:
LL, Nas, and Jay-Z are like the senior citizens of hip hop.... they haven't made good music since the 90s. They should make a retirement home for aging rap stars and put them there!

Papoose, Jae Millz, and Serious Jones are the future...

"Nacirema Dream, greatest album ever"

papoose, pap, papoose!!!!!!!! :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #58
Rayo 
space
space
$818 | Props total: 0 0
i can understand why LL is upset, but he's been at Def Jam long enough to make his own moves there with his music and he hasn't acted on that so he can't get too mad and i'm sure Jay isn't the only one working at that company.
 12-10-2006, 08:21 AM         #59
w33k3ndwarri3r  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good or bad promotion will only effect the sales so much...if you made a wack a.ss album...someone's gonna know not to buy it...
 11 years ago '06        #60
RetroKing23 
space
space
$93 | Props total: 0 0
propz
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
86 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
252 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
304 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
99 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
35 comments
21 hours ago