Dec 8 - Nas Comes To Jay-Z's Defense Against LL Cool J Remarks

most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA After losing seven straight, Stan Van Gundy calls out Andre Drummond, Pist..
55 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

nas is cool as fu*k

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #21
Nycsom1985 
space
space
$1,715 | Props total: 10 10
Crazy,n*ggaz over at defjam albums wasn't getting proper promotion before jay got over there,LL been in the game too long not to do the shyt himself,I don't know whats up wit cats in hip hop anymore!
 11 years ago '05        #22
t-redrum 
space
space
$1,963 | Props total: 7 7
kanye west didnt get promoted by jay he did all that hisself so f u haters
 11 years ago '06        #23
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 DJ_Red__Line said:
LL, Nas, and Jay-Z are like the senior citizens of hip hop.... they haven't made good music since the 90s. They should make a retirement home for aging rap stars and put them there!

Papoose, Jae Millz, and Serious Jones are the future...
senior citizens so you're sayin that Stillmatic and Godson neither the Black Album were good get the fu*k outta here you must be like 15 years old if u thinkin they aint had good music since the 90's at dumbass little kids
 11 years ago '05        #24
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
if ll didnt put out that bullsh*t single he woulda did good.....how horrible was that sh*t.....he had way betta songs on the album .... i wouldnt promote that sh*t either
 11 years ago '04        #25
TrackMagic 
space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
n*ggas just aint hungry anymore. thats all really. ll been out since the 80's stop crying and go retire. n*gga should have enough money.
 11 years ago '05        #26
A-Dot 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,840 | Props total: 792 792
 deez_got_it89 said:

"If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

Famous last wordz.........Watch Nas' sh1t flop, and then blame Jay-Z and Def Jam
 11 years ago '05        #27
beaint2000 
space
space
space
$87 | Props total: 0 0
Nobody has the fu*kin right to tell LL Cool J how to handle his contract or his business, especially NAS's a.ss LL has more money than NAS could dream about, in the first place LL and Run DMC built Def Jam. NAS is totally out of line. Mind his fu*king business, LL didn't tell NAS that it was a bad idea for a Boss to sign to another Boss like NAS did with JAY-Z. So why in the fu*k did that mutha fu*ker open his chipped tooth mouth. LL knows whats best for him he been doing this sh*t for fu*kin 20 years. and all you f*g mutha fu*kas hatin on LL, ya'll n*ggas know that know body in the game got a better track record career wise than LL. I think some of ya n*ggas probably mad that ya girlfriends want to fu*k that n*gga. You d*ck headed young minded mother fu*kers let LL make his money and stop riding nas d*ck he hasn't had a monster album since IT WAS WRITTEN. :finger:
P.S. somebody need to tell NAS drop a record on "DEF JAM" first and get your foot in the door first before concerning himself about LL 20 year career on that Label. :finger:
Signed: EX NAS Fan
 11 years ago '05        #28
bootsy 
space
space
space
$1,838 | Props total: 591 591
 beaint2000 said:
Nobody has the fu*kin right to tell LL Cool J how to handle his contract or his business, especially NAS's a.ss LL has more money than NAS could dream about, in the first place LL and Run DMC built Def Jam. NAS is totally out of line. Mind his fu*king business, LL didn't tell NAS that it was a bad idea for a Boss to sign to another Boss like NAS did with JAY-Z. So why in the fu*k did that mutha fu*ker open his chipped tooth mouth. LL knows whats best for him he been doing this sh*t for fu*kin 20 years. and all you f*g mutha fu*kas hatin on LL, ya'll n*ggas know that know body in the game got a better track record career wise than LL. I think some of ya n*ggas probably mad that ya girlfriends want to fu*k that n*gga. You d*ck headed young minded mother fu*kers let LL make his money and stop riding nas d*ck he hasn't had a monster album since IT WAS WRITTEN. :finger:
P.S. somebody need to tell NAS drop a record on "DEF JAM" first and get your foot in the door first before concerning himself about LL 20 year career on that Label. :finger:
Signed: EX NAS Fan
Shutup drama queen.
 11 years ago '06        #29
Badnewz100 
space
space
$4,596 | Props total: 3677 3677
Nas is smart by kissing Jay's Butt he is going to get that good promotion for his album.
 11 years ago '05        #30
gemberland2004 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,182 | Props total: 508 508
n*gga said Run D built Def Jam lmaooooo

Only way i can agree to that is if Russ borrowed money from Joey to fund Def Jam that's about it
 11 years ago '04        #31
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Complex magazine getting all the exclusives.
 12-08-2006, 06:33 PM         #32
Lyric God  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deez_got_it89 said:
Amidst rapper L.L. Cool J's announcement of leaving his long-time label Def Jam, Queensbridge rapper Nas has made a statement defending his ally and Def Jam President Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter.

In a statement to Complex Magazine, Nas stated:

"The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slavery s***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

Recently L. L. blamed Jay-Z for the mis-promotion of his (L.L.'s) album Todd Smith.

"Jay-Z is good at promoting Jay-Z," said LL. "And that's about it."

However, although Jay-Z's recent album Kingdom Come sold over 600,000 copies in its first week, sales dropped more than 81% in the second week, pushing the long-awaited comeback album out of the top 10.

Other artists such as Method Man have also complained that their albums were receiving little to no promotion from the Def Jam label.
fu*k jay z and fu*k nas who gives a dam nobody knew about their lame beef anyway
 11 years ago '04        #33
King Afrika 
space
space
$564 | Props total: 168 168
 DJ_Red__Line said:

I respected and took your opinion seriously (no pun intended) until you put that in there.
 11 years ago '04        #34
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
See , its funny when black people say that whites are always in power and treat them wrong .... and then they get someone of their own to finally make it big (jay-z) and they still angry ... insted of defending the man and being proud of his accomplishments for blacks in general they trash him ...

makes me wonder about the whole racism issues we constantly talk about ...

to me looks like the race trigger is pulled everytime something isnt going your way ... but its YOUR WAY ( its you being a selfish basterd in life ) ...

everyone wants a piece of the pie ... and they yell "n*gga" all over their music , but do they really stand for anything to their people ?

Last edited by mszomola; 12-08-2006 at 07:43 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #35
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
Serius Jones is garbage
 11 years ago '04        #36
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,374 | Props total: 11590 11590
 tazbk said:
Noone getting mad at L.A. Reid over there. When an album goes plat everyone is like "what a good move by L.A.". Wood albums get charged to Jay. As a matter of fact I bet they somehow give L.A. Reid the credit for Kingdom Come when in goes plat.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
 11 years ago '04        #37
Bigra 
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
 DJ_Red__Line said:
LL, Nas, and Jay-Z are like the senior citizens of hip hop.... they haven't made good music since the 90s. They should make a retirement home for aging rap stars and put them there!

Question: Why can't we respect our legends like other genre why cant our music grow instead of restarting everytime a rapper reaches a certain age?

I swear arent the Rolling Stones still touring?

COME ON GROW THE :finger: UP!! Or our music will cease to exist. THATS WHY HIP HOP IS DEAD!! Do yall even remember the HISTORY of it? The legends of the game? Please wake up Please.

Let the hate flow......................
 12-08-2006, 07:53 PM         #38
Fucker  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know what to think of Nas. I'm leaning towards "not cool as fu*k"
 11 years ago '06        #39
Silent 
space
space
space
$81 | Props total: 0 0
its true. why is that almost every rapper on def jam has complained about not being promoted properly? meth shouldnt talk because he did not want to promote his album because he wanted the numbers to speak for themselves. ll cool j on the other hand has no reason to be mad at jay because the only songs that are worth listening to on any of his albums are always his singles and in case he forgot they can all be easily downloaded. if he put out better music and stopped taking his shirt off then maybe he'll put up the numbers he thinks he deserves. props to nas for taking jays side.
 12-09-2006, 09:39 AM         #40
DJ_Red__Line  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All I'm saying is that record companies make way for future cats to shine... legends like Jay-Z, Nas, and LL in their last attempts at albums have greatly disappointed. Compare Reasonable Doubt to any other album Jay made and you will see where I'm coming from. These albums are fillers! I'm very discouraged at their latest recording efforts... next generation is now! I'll still respect HOV, Nas, and LL for their past but not their new projects (overhyped bullsh*t that sells only because its a.ssociated with a name of a legend) fu*k THAT!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
68 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
191 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
78 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kris Dunn Step Back Dagger
29 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
49 comments
22 hours ago