Where to sell woofers/amp

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
234 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
248 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 12-12-2006, 04:14 AM         #41
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dcole18 said:
i used to have the cd7000... i feel like cuttin my balls off for sellin it, that was and prolly always will be the best head unit ive ever owned, also, only the high end alpine decks are good now... the lower models are on about the same level as pioneer...
YEA I REMEMBER WHEN ALPINE' S ENTRY LEVEL DECKS WERE UPPER $200-$300. NOW THEY START OUT AT ABOUT $120 INSTALLED AT PLACES LIKE BEST BUY. I THINK THEY DROPED THIER QUALITY TO MAKE A CHEAPER PRODUCT FOR THE MASSES. IM RUNNIN ALPINE RIGHT NOW (310) & ITS PRETTY NICE BUT MOST OF THE LOWER END & MID LEVEL UNITS DONT SOUND AS GOOD. BETWEEN A LOW LEVEL ALPINE & PIONEER ID TAKE THE PIONEER BECAUSE AT LEAST U GET A LOT MORE FOR UR MONEY. LOW LEVEL ECLIPSE UNITS ARE BETTER THAN MID LEVEL ALPINES IN MY OPINION ALSO.

JUST 3 CENTS FOR THE TOPIC
 12-12-2006, 09:55 AM         #42
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^im pretty sure everything from the 9856 and up in alpines lineup should sound pretty good, basically everything with more than one pair of pre outs should be ok...the high end pioneer should sound really good too, they are just fairly expensive... the only reason i like eclipse so much though is because i think you get more for your money...

Edit: im pretty sure those eclipse units have 8 or 6 volt pre outs... (super fu*kin loud...)

also, for the subs i have recently fallen in love with FI audio
but depending on your budget you dont neccisarily need a BTL, if you get one you deff wouldnt need to get it fully loaded, i was thinking more like a fully loaded ssd 18 (around $260 new from FI with free shiping).The reason i like fi so much is because they have incredible customer service and great prices... check out ficaraudio.com and look for your self....
 12-12-2006, 12:05 PM         #43
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ill Have To Check Fi Out. Right Now Im Leaning Towards Cvx's But Id Like To Go With A Non Commercial Brand When I Redo My Setup. Right Re Is Tops On My List
 12-12-2006, 09:12 PM         #44
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
Ill Have To Check Fi Out. Right Now Im Leaning Towards Cvx's But Id Like To Go With A Non Commercial Brand When I Redo My Setup. Right Re Is Tops On My List
FI>RE>KICKER, the re's and the fi's have similar performance (both are much better than the kicker though) FI just has some of the most helpfull customer service ever... hands down...
 11 years ago '06        #45
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
I agree with dcole.

I'm thinking about going with 1 12" Fi Q and power it off my JBL amp, give it 1114wrms @ 2ohms.
 11 years ago '04        #46
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
Fi are better than RE? this is the 1st time i heard of the subs. anyone got any links where i could check them out?
 12-12-2006, 10:46 PM         #47
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
I agree with dcole.

I'm thinking about going with 1 12" Fi Q and power it off my JBL amp, give it 1114wrms @ 2ohms.
that FI will take that wattage as long as you set the gains correctly with a dmm and its in a proper enclosure... also do you use remote bass boost? If so then set the gains with the boost turned all the way up... that way you can crank up the boost without any worry about distortion... thats how remote bass controls are supposed to be used...
 12-12-2006, 10:50 PM         #48
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 123456 said:
Fi are better than RE? this is the 1st time i heard of the subs. anyone got any links where i could check them out?
FI and Re have very similar performance, the FI's tend to be a hair louder plus you can customize it when you buy it (voice coils, motors, magnets, etc...) I already said the name of their website but i didnt post it as a link, its . to my knowledge, you can only buy them direct from FI...

Edit: God im so fu*ked up on perks right now!:sick:

Last edited by dcole18; 12-12-2006 at 10:52 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #49
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
I'm pretty sure they can take 1114wrms daily. Aren't the specs 1000wrms?

I know how to set the gains and I've never used bass boost in my life.
 12-13-2006, 12:03 AM         #50
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 -Phase One- said:
I'm pretty sure they can take 1114wrms daily. Aren't the specs 1000wrms?

I know how to set the gains and I've never used bass boost in my life.

yeah, buat they dont like distortion... it wouldnt blow but it would smell like a.ss, i dont know why they do that, they just do, ive seen it happen to 3 different subs... it dosent affect performance or any thing, they just smell really bad...
 12-13-2006, 12:11 AM         #51
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dcole18 said:
that FI will take that wattage as long as you set the gains correctly with a dmm and its in a proper enclosure... also do you use remote bass boost? If so then set the gains with the boost turned all the way up... that way you can crank up the boost without any worry about distortion... thats how remote bass controls are supposed to be used...
I HATE TO SEE GUYS USE THE GAIN AS A VOLUME KNOB. SUCH A WASTE. UR EXACTLY RIGHT ABOUT SETTIN THE GAINS WITH THE BASS BOOST MAX. THIS ENSURES THAT WHEN U CRANK THE BOOST (IF U USE IT) U NEVER OVER DO IT. SOME GUYS DONT UNDERSTAND THAT EVEN THOUGH THE SUB ISNT ON FIRE, UR STILL k!llIN IT WITH DISTORTION

ILL DO SOME RESEARCH INTO FI. IM A LONGTIME KICKER FAN (AFFORDABLE & GREAT OUTPUT FOR THE DOLLAR) BUT IVE BEEN THINKIN BOUT GOIN WITH SOMETHIN THAT SETS MY SYSTEM APART. NOT THE EVERYDAY CHAINSTORE BRANDS. THATS ONE REASON I WENT WITH HIFONICS AMPS. CRAZY CHEAP & NO SHOPS OUT HERE SELL THEM SO WHEN PEOPLE SEE THEM THEY RE LIKE "I DIDNT KNOW THEY WERE STILL AROUND". EVERYONE REMEMBERS THEM BUT DONT KNOW THEYRE STILL DOIN GOOD THINGS
 12-13-2006, 12:24 AM         #52
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
which hifonics amps you buyin? the bxi line puts out clean, affordable power but they are just a little bit overrated, the XX line on the other hand is not the cheapest thing you can buy but the xxhercules can run at around .25 ohms daily... and its underratted as well...
 12-14-2006, 12:04 AM         #53
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ive Run The Bx Series For About 2 Years (3 Different Models). I Was Impressed By All. Burned Up 2 L7 15' S With One (not At The Same Time). 1500 Watt Model Fryed One At A Car Show & The Second One About 2 Months Later. Got The New 1600 Watt Model In My New Ride And Havent Did In The Newest L7 But Could Smell It About A Week After I Put It In. Kinda Overdid It For Break In But Its Running Strong. Ill Probally Do The Same With It When I Get Ready To Rebuild. Its A Waste But Dam Fun
 11 years ago '04        #54
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
i like to use the bass boost....but not to make it louder.

what i did to set my gains was use a dmm meter with the bass boost at 50% so that if i want just a LITTLE bass sometimes, i just put the bass boost down. and i did it at 50% cause some songs have alot less bass than others (the way they were mixed) so i could raise it a lil bit depending on the song.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy