Where to sell woofers/amp

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
89 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
87 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTensionCord Got Sent To Prison Cause He Post Court Info On IG & His..
34 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #21
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
dcole pretty much summed it up, but also I like to add Pioneer makes great decks as well. Look into their Premier line. Can't go wrong with them. Also, getting a certain deck is up to you. You find what you think looks the best for your taste, what has the features you want.

I'd just unplug your rear speakers for now, and after you get everything installed (including subs/amps) and you feel like you need some extra sound in the back, then go buy a set of coaxils and power them off your headunit. I would focus more on the fronts and a good amp to power them with the money you have now. Then later if you got any extra, pick up a set of coaxils.
 12-09-2006, 05:02 PM         #22
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn, i knew i forfot something, lol
 11 years ago '04        #23
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
1 more thing you need to remember....if you're gettin this installed at a shop, that'll cost you more.

my system cost me about a G but my cousin installed it for me so i saved some money off of that
 12-09-2006, 08:05 PM         #24
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
GOOD ADVICE COLE. SO WHERE THA HELL IS SHARP WHEN U NEED SOME BAD ADVICE OR A GOOD LAUGH . GOOD STUFF THAT THEY MENTIONED. WITH ALL "RESPECTABLE BRANDS" ITS A TOSS UP. SOME LIKE ALPINE, SOME PIONEER, ECT.

I LOVE PIONEER HEADUNITS BUT THIS YEAR I WENT WITH ALPINE. I WENT FROM THE PIONEER 6600DVD TO THE ALPINE 310. I REALLY MISS THE PIONEER INTERFACE BUT THE ALPINE SOUNDS BETTER. I THINK FOR 07 IM GOIN EITHER CLARION OR ECLIPSE. I KNOW EVERYONE WOULD SAY GO ECLIPSE AND THEY ARE SOME OF THE BEST IVE HEARD BUT I USE TO ROCK THE OLD CLARION AND LOVED IT. PIONEER HAS THE MOST PRICE FRIENDLY THOUGH. U GET A LOT FOR UR MONEY (DECK W/MP3 PLAYBACK, CROSSOVER, EQ, NICE USER INTERFACE, MULTIPLE CONNECTS FOR IPOD, ECT.).

FOR COMPS ITS ALL ON WHAT UR TASTE & BUDGET. EVERY BRAND COLE LISTED IS COOL BUT PRICES VARY GREATLY. IM RUNNING BOSTON S953' S IN THE FRONT & REAR OF MY MAGNUM W/S35' S IN THE DASH (THEY RE THE ENTRY LEVELS BUT THEY SOUND DAM GOOD FOR THE BUDGET LINE).

FOR AMPS I THINK HIFONICS IS ONE OF THE BEST BANG 4 UR BUCK COMPANIES. IM RUNING A BXI1606D. IVE HAD SEVERAL OTHERS. THEY DO THIER RATED POWER. THEY DONT LOOK AS NICE AS THE CLASSIC STYLING OF THE OLDER MODELS BUT THEY DO THE JOB WELL. THEY ALSO MAKE MULTIPLE 4 CHANNEL AMPS THAT RANGE FROM $120-$500 THAT MATCH. IVE YET TO DROP A 4 CHANNEL IN MINE BUT I RAN ONE IN MY AVALANCH AND WAS IMPRESSED.

FOR SUBS THATS A VERY BROAD CATAGORY. DEPENDS WEATHER U LIKE CRAZY STREET BASS, U ONLY WANT TO RUN TEST TONES TO COMPETE, U WANT TRUE AUDIOPHILE SQ, ECT. THERE ARE PLENTY THAT BLEND THOSE LINES ALSO THOUGH. IVE HEARD GREAT THINGS ABOUT ED & RE. I THINK THEY MIGHT BE GOOD INVESTMENTS. JL IS PRICEY BUT WORTH THE CASH. IM A LONGTIME KICKER FAN BUT IM LEANING TOWARDS A NEW BRAND NEXT YEAR. THEY GET REALLY LOUD BUT U HAVE TO HAVE UR ENCLOSURE EXACT FOR THEM TO SOUND GOOD AT HIGH VOLUMES (THATS NOT EASY WITH A L7 IN AN ODD SHAPED ENCLOSURE WITH A PORT). I CHOSE TO GO SEALED IN MY MAGNUM & IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD BUT ITS OBVIOUS I LOST OUTPUT. I CAN STILL BEAT THE BLOCK IF NEED BE THOUGH.

$1000 IS A SMALL BUDGET FOR A FULL SYSTEM IF U ALSO NEED INSTALL DONE. GIVE A LIL MORE INFO ON THE EXACT SOUND U WANT & IF U NEED A SHOP TO DO THE INSTALL. THEN EVERYONE CAN GIVE U SPECIFIC ITEMS THEY WOULD RECCOMEND. I DONT ALWAYS GIVE TOP SHELF STUFF BUT I TRY TO STAY WITHIN THE BUDGET GIVEN. MONEY AINT THE SAME FOR EVERYONE. ID RATHER GO ENTRY LEVEL BOSTON SPEAKERS THAN "TOP OF THE LINE" JENSEN SPEAKERS SO U HAVE TO WATCH THAT. GET BACK AT US.
 12-10-2006, 11:53 AM         #25
turgeont2001  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont know if u got a system yet but if u r located in canada or near (toronto) i have 2 jl 12" w3's in a sealed box with a old school rockford punch 40 amp
 12-10-2006, 11:55 AM         #26
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^you need a bigger amp...
 12-10-2006, 05:26 PM         #27
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MAN I USED TO RUN THE SMALL OLD SCHOOL PUNCH AMPS ON SUBS THAT NEEDED 3X' S THE POWER THE AMP WAS RATED AT. THOUGHT I HAD THE HOTTEST sh*t ON THE BLOCK
 12-10-2006, 09:43 PM         #28
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im sure it was straight, but what you gotta remember is that those old punch amps usually put out almost twice what they were supposed to...
 12-10-2006, 09:50 PM         #29
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Oh Def. I Wouldnt Now. Dam Sure Not With A Punch Amp. Not To Mention My Pockets Are Lil Better
 12-11-2006, 09:41 PM         #30
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
went to a local car audio shop. i've heard they do good things. i tell ask the man to first look at my system and see whats wrong with it.. so i know what to sell and what not to. (something in there is busted) says hes booked so im seein him tomorrow, but i asked him so questions. i told him i wanted some high quality sound mostly being bass. he told me alpine is whats good right now. i asked him about JL and he gave me the thumbs down on them... he said good sound but poor service. he showed me some ranks in a magazine, alpine was 2nd and JL was like 8th. i didnt reconize anything else on there to be honest. so what yall think about going all alpine? does guy know his sh*t?... i know its his job but the last motherfu*kers that i got my first sound system from were full of c*cksh*t. bunch of fu*king cornhole mexicans who overcharged me. anyways, i told/asked him about the whole idea of focusing mostly on the face first, then the front speakers and working back...he didnt know what the fu*k i was talking about which makes me question his expertise cuz everyone says to do it here and i know yall know whats up. anyways main things to get back to me on are is alpine legitament for what i want? and i want to make sure i really should do that front-to-back focus. expected budget as of now is what i hope to be 1500, but im trying to get more. im got about 300 right now. getting $600-700 for my amp and subs(suckers) and another $500 from what im pawning/selling on ebay(anyone looking for a drumset or cymbols i got you). holla back
 12-11-2006, 09:46 PM         #31
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
by the way 1500 is my budget now but im trying to have at least 2000 when i get my system. tell me what u think is the best as if i had 2000 bones
 11 years ago '06        #32
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Working from front to back is always the best choice unless you already have everything up front done. (Headunit, speakers, speaker amp, deaden, etc).

Alpine is a great brand, but I don't agree with the thumbs down on JL. Since he said that, I'm pretty sure he sells Alpine and not JL, right? Therefore making you think Alpine is better, so you'll buy from his shop. That's how business works and I don't "hate" the people that do that, it's their job.

Spend a few hundred on a nice headunit. Look into Eclipse CD4000, Eclipse CD5000 or even the Eclipse CD7000. Any of the high end Pioneer decks, especially their Premier line. I've only owned 1 Alpine deck my whole life, and it was the 9835, one of the best headunits I've used. You'd be lucky to find them now-a-days anyways but I hear a lot of bad things about the newer decks. Poor SQ compared to the older models, features not as great as it use to be. But I'll leave that up to you to decide. I didn't take the risk so I stayed away from Alpine's since last year.

Like mentioned before, make sure you deaden both doors. I'd say 2 layers would be enough. Make sure you try and deaden the place behind where the speaker is mounted. Get some real nice comps for the front. There's A LOT of great speakers to get, but that's up to your taste. After you find the comps you want, look for a quality amp to power them. Make sure you give them good power, too. Once you find a set of comps you're getting, I can help pick out a perfect amp for them.

Some good speakers to look into are: Alpine Type S, Boston Acoustic Pro's, Boston Acoustic Z series, Diamond Auido, MB Quart, Kicker, Rainbow SCL's, Rainbow Germaniums. You have enough money to get anything you want basically. Those are all great brands for speakers. It just depends what you think sounds best for your ears. It also depends on the install, too.
 12-11-2006, 10:51 PM         #33
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i used to have the cd7000... i feel like cuttin my balls off for sellin it, that was and prolly always will be the best head unit ive ever owned, also, only the high end alpine decks are good now... the lower models are on about the same level as pioneer...
 12-11-2006, 11:16 PM         #34
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well i think your right he doesnt sell JL, but i think he said he can get good deals on alpine stuff. that eclpise sounds tempting but if i can get about that same quatily for a better deal with a high end alpine then i'd rather save money for the rest of my system. lemme know of any good alpine heads. im takin your word for it dcole.

the guy at the store recommended the deaden "spray". he was hyping that sh*t up but i dont really know if spray will do that trick.... my trunk buzzes louder than the music plays from oustide the car. its a real problem and i dont think spray can fix that... do i need to get my trunk re-aligned or something or can a good deadener fix that?
by the way i dont want u to think im installing it myself...ur referring to this like im doing it myself. are u a.ssuming im doing it cuz thats the better way to go? or are u saying it as in to have me tell the people at the shop what to do.
im just tryin to get the true facts from yall cuz salesman are obviously gonna be biased towards their own sh*t. u guys are really helping keep up the good work and hit me back when u read this
 12-11-2006, 11:44 PM         #35
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
p.s.- do i need to think about extra car batteries or something? i dont want to k!ll my car if my sh*ts too powerful
 11 years ago '06        #36
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
I'm not familiar with the newer Alpine decks so maybe dcole can help you there. I'd choose the Eclipse or Pioneers over any newer Alpine. The Eclipse CD3000 would even be a good choice. I know Crutchfield sells them for like $250 or so. Crutchfield isn't the best place to get stuff, but I'd buy headunits there if I had to. The Pioneer P880PRS goes for $300 brand new on ebay, that's where I got mine. Really nice deck, too. Awesome SQ and a lot of great features.

Yeah, def. deaden your trunk if it's that bad. It will also sound 10x better inside after it's done. I wouldn't mess with spray unless it was on small areas. Get some deaden mat for the doors & trunk. I would do that first.

I a.ssumed you were going to install everything yourself, it'll save you a few hundred dollars. Plus, it feels rewarding knowing you did everything yourself, and that way you'll know what to do later on. I'm sure we can help you step by step on everything on here so you won't mess anything up. And once you get in the middle of the install you'll realize how easy it is, just time consuming.

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade the battery & alternator.
 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM         #37
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea man that would actually be great. i wasnt planning on doing it myself... cuz i didnt think yall would want to walk me throught that stuff but if thats straight then i would really appriciate it. yall really go above and beyond at this site.. wish do more than just "give you props" or whatever... but yea are u sure yall would know how to take a oldmobile apart and sh*t or can find something that would tell me? i also know a dude personally that works at a gas station... hes into car audio pretty hard core too. is it worth askin him for help too or is it pretty easy to just explain on this. not tryyna have him charge me for anything...
 11 years ago '06        #38
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
You'll need to find a way to take your dash apart where the radio is. I'm not familiar with oldsmobile dashes but look around to see if anything snaps off or any screws that needs to be removed. You'll aslo need to buy a dash kit to hold your aftermarket headunit for your year & make of your vehicle. Wal*Mart sells them for like $20 or so.
 12-12-2006, 12:44 AM         #39
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alright well last question and ima sleep on this one... like ive said many times...above all i want crazy a.ss bass.. i want my neighbors to know when im coming home at night. u know.. strong enough that i could crank the bass up to illigal "disturbing the peace" volumes. not that i want to be c*cky and obnoxious but u know i mean. the question is does that all depend of the amp or the subs...or both? if subs play a big role in that, will i want two 12" or one 15". i think 12s in a box always look tighter but im going for sound of course. 2 12" or 1 15" or does it still depend on alot more stuff that that... its straight if you cant really answer that. thanks
 11 years ago '06        #40
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
It depends on what kind of subs and the enclosure. If you want some crazy bass (but not worried much about sound quality) you'd love some Kicker L7's. They get stupid loud in a ported enclosure. I know Resonant Engineering makes some nice SPL/SQL subs, too. The Fi Audio BTL's seem to be the internet fan favorite. Get 2 15" BTL's in a ported box, power them properly and you'll do some nice flexing. But with that kinda power you're going to need to run an extra battery in the trunk. Along with upgrading the other battery & alternator, but I'd recommend doing that with any set up you get.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 12-12-2006 at 12:57 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
88 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
172 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
51 comments
23 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy