Where to sell woofers/amp

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
101 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-07-2006, 11:21 PM         #1
15400 pageviews
53 comments

project ned 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where to sell woofers/amp

Im about to sell those sh*tty subs and amp that yall were talking about (SKINNI and GHOST) where can i get the most money from selling them?...pawn it? sell it to friend? ebay? im pretty sure car audio places wont want it. but the amp has not been opened yet so that is actually still new. any ideas then let me know. thanks

53 comments for "Where to sell woofers/amp"

12-07-2006, 11:30 PM         #2
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sell It On The Street. If U Like The Guy Dont Screw Him Over Or Better Yet, Dont Sell It To Him. I Worked Part Time At A Pawn Shop That Was Huge On Cheap Car Audio. They Dont Give U Anything Cause They Know That Subs Like That Sell For About $130 And They Only Pay About $50 For Them. Ebay Is No Good Cause Everything Is Cheap On There. Good Luck But U Need A Sucker With A Beater
 12-07-2006, 11:42 PM         #3
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yep, you might as well find a person that really gets on your nerves, but they are to oblivious to the world to notice you dont like them, sell that stuff to that f*cker! everybody knows atleast one of these ppl...
 11 years ago '06        #4
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,511 | Props total: 258 258
Try selling it to some friends/friend's friend who are bassless. Make sure they don't know 1 thing about audio so they won't know it's junk. They'll hook it up and think it sounds awesome because they don't know the sound difference between a high end product from a low end product, right?

If you can't sell it to anyone you know, then try Ebay. A lot of people buy setups cheap off ebay not knowing what's good or not. Just don't scam them or make the price too high for what the quality is.

If you still can't sell it, then take it to your local pawn shop and see what you can get out of it. Because if you can't sell it to anyone you know or Ebay then you're not going to be able to sell it all. Whatever you get out of the Pawn Shop is probably the only thing you'll get out of it.

That's what I would do.
 12-08-2006, 12:05 AM         #5
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
iight thanks. i just found an ignorant friend who thinks 4000 watts is amazing. plus hes a deuche so there should be some bread rolling in from this. ill post a thread about my budget and thoughts on what i might want in a week or 2. let me know whats good with it when i do
 11 years ago '06        #6
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
Nice. Hopefully you get back what you paid for, if not more. Gotta love those people who think any sub and amp will sound great.

Couple years ago I found this beat up Jensen LXA300 amp (Or something like that) near the basketball court and I took it, hooked it up to see if it worked and to my surprise it did. I was gonna light it on fire or do something fun to it, but I saw this kid with some "Blue Crunch" or "Blue Shock" (Can't remember, but they had a blue outline on the sub) in a tiny a.ss box with 2 holes cut on the front for "port holes" haha funniest thing I ever saw in my life. I told him I'd sell him an amp that would make those subs pound. Sold it to him for $60.

Those kinda people are easy to deal with.
 12-08-2006, 12:28 AM         #7
SKINNI  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MAN.....THE CLASSIC CAR AUDIO SUCKA. WOE ARE THE FEEBLE MINDED
 12-08-2006, 03:02 AM         #8
GhosT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok what i would do is find some people who are looking, sell them seperatly because that combination wont work, so if you sell them both 2 one person then when it doesn't work you have to hear them complain. find 2 suckers, and sell them that way

now as far as my suggestions go, what are you looking to do with your system? do you want an overall great sound, or do you want loud as fu*k. if you want a great system, i always suggest starting with the front and working your way back. check my thread on basic system building
one
GhosT
 12-09-2006, 01:10 AM         #9
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i got one sucka on the amp and one on the subs... no worries
my budget should be looking like about a G now. all i really do is bumb rap.. so the bass is what im looking for. if u know whats good with a clean sound and a hard hitting base then im down. but i want to be in that quality catagory rather than just the entry level. and im sure a just 1000$ is not enough for a system like that. so judging that i want a nice bass on that quality level what how much more than 1000 would u think i need? i dont know the quality of my speakers but lets a.ssume that if im getting powerful sh*t that im goin to need to replace them as well.... whats the cheepest quality sh*t i can get? i'm not tryyna start pushing that weed again but if i got to i need to know. anyone got an estimate?
 12-09-2006, 01:12 AM         #10
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what vehicle is this going in...?
 12-09-2006, 01:12 AM         #11
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oldsmobile 88
 12-09-2006, 01:18 AM         #12
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well if you look in the right places on the net you could prolly get a decent setup that you would like 100000000000x's better than the xplod stuff you had for around $1500, but thats a rough guess...

Edit: but it all depends on what your wanting to do IE: 1 big sub, 2 subs, a really powerfull amp or a budget amp, the list is endless, explain what your looking for a little more...

Last edited by dcole18; 12-09-2006 at 01:20 AM..
 12-09-2006, 01:20 AM         #13
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo that sounds good to me what brand subs would you recommend? and amp?
 12-09-2006, 01:21 AM         #14
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
check it again since i fixed it...
 12-09-2006, 01:26 AM         #15
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alright man well im bout to sleep on this ill post a repsonce tomorrow... honestly im too drunk to think anymore ill let u know tomorrow
 12-09-2006, 01:28 AM         #16
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lmfao, im gettin there man, peace...
 11 years ago '06        #17
-Phase One- 1 heat pts
space
space
I take it you want a SQL set up. You want it loud but you want it also to sound clean @ the same time.

First, like many people say, work from the front to the back. If you don't have a headunit or a good headunit at that, that's the first thing you should worry about. That'll make or break your setup.

Next I would upgrade your front speakers to a nice set of comps. Personaly I love the sound of Boston Acoustics. They can get damn loud but sound great as well. Check the Pro line or the Z series. Both are nice. Also, MB Quart is what I use to own, they were nice as well, but these Bostons sound better to my ears.

Then find a matching amp to power the front speakers. I wouldn't worry about putting money into your rears because those Bostons or MB Quart, or any nice comp set will sound nice by itself. Or you can just leave the rears stock and power them off the headunit.

Then I would look into the bass. I a.ssume you got a huge trunk, so I'd look into a set of 15's for SQL daily driving. Or maybe a single 15" or a pair of 12's. I can't really pick because I don't know your taste. Best thing is to go to your local audio shops, test what they have, and come back on here and tell us what you liked better and we can work from there. Maybe what sounds good to me might sound like a.ss to you.

Another thing, look into some sound deadener. That's a MUST in my opinion. Second Skin makes great stuff. I've used it for a couple years now and never had a single problem. Great customer service, too.

Last edited by -Phase One-; 12-09-2006 at 01:41 AM..
 12-09-2006, 02:05 AM         #18
hos.tile  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
get a mag witht he group buy...$350 right now

12-09-2006, 12:33 PM         #19
project ned  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a few questions... what makes a good head unit? im gonna be going to an audio shop soon to check it out, but im not sure what the difference between a good head and bad head is... i can ask the dude there but i just dont want to just a.ssume the better sh*t is the more expensive sh*t.

i think i got some decent tweeters for front speakers...but if front speakers are so important then ill definitly upgrade them. is it hard to sell speakers? cuz i might just pawn them if theyre not tight at all..ill find out more about them.

back speakers...no clue what they are all i know is the back left one rattles like crazy..sounds like theres something stuck inside it cuz it buzzes so bad. should i get new ones back there..or just unhook them?

as far as the amp goes...what do u mean a matching amp to power the front speakers.. like same brand? or just one thats compatable with the speakers? i tried to buy and amp on my own knowledge and ended up with some lanzar bullsh*t cuz i dont know enough. if im going for some real high quality bass whats a good brand and wattage? if im putting 300-400 aside for an amp is that not enough?

i was thinking one 15" JL woofer but ill see what they got at the shop

now.... sound deadeners? thats new to me, and if it makes a difference then ill def. invest in that but what exactly does it do? i cant seem to get a straight answer from that website but it seems that foam product stops rattleing...which is a huge problem in my car cuz its pretty old. trunk vibrating makes more noise the the music if your outside the car.. would u recommend the foam?
 12-09-2006, 01:05 PM         #20
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok, here we go... the difference between a good head unit and a bad head unit, the good ones sounds... well, good and the bad one will not. but most of the time with a head unit u need to stick with a well respected brand IE: eclipse(the best i have ever owned...), alpine, the high end pioneer decks (the lower end ones suck, stay away from those), some of the panasonic decks, and some of the high end jvc decks (avx1 and avx2).

for the speakers, you need to invest in a nice component set up front, u will not be disapointed if you do... a few brands to look at would be diamond, focal, polk, mb quart, jl, and boston acoustics... make sure you get a nice little 2 channel amp to power these as well

with the rear fill (rear speakers) you can prolly just buy a nice set coaxial speakers and run them off of you deck, but it deff. sounds like you need to relace these cause it sounds like your sayin one of them is blown

for the sub, you would prolly like the sound of a 15 inch jl but there are other good brands out there, look into elemental designs, diamond, alpine, memphis, eclipse, kicker,stereo intergrety, polk,and TC sounds.

the amps, what we were trying to say about the amps are try to find amps that match the sub or speakers specs, like if your components call for 75 watts rms, dont go and by an amp that does 200 watts rms...

about the sound deadener, the basic functions of sound deadener are to reduce vibrations and increase spl, that foam will work but you could also look into the rolls of sound deadener you can get on ebay, the stuff you need to look at would prolly be Edead, its the best bang for your buck...

oh yeah, im sure i forgot a few brands or missed a few thing so if anyone notices any thing please correct me... thanks...

Last edited by dcole18; 12-09-2006 at 01:07 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
24 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
284 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
78 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
121 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
88 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
63 comments
20 hours ago