Jeezy Says Nas Has No Street Credibility

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
47 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
8 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #121
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,926 | Props total: 4286 4286
i see it like this...

Jeezy says he aint no rapper he is a trapper...well then he need to take his a.ss on somewhere and step back from the mic and let n*ggas who actually Love Hip-hop Get they Shine on.

Who Sold the Most Drugs, or Who done bodied more people dont mean sh*t man, or who fu*king the baddest bi*ches, or who got the flyest whip or the biggest rims...

done none of that sh*t matter n*ggas come out the gates frontin when they career is being started.

Remember when Hip-Hop was actually a Art-Form and n*ggas cared to give it they all in the name of Hip-Hop,

instead of Raping the Game for its benefits and financial implications..
 11 years ago '04        #122
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
 AlSween said:
smh @ ppl holding NY projects on a pedastal. Projects SUCK EVERYWHERE. it's nothing to brag about. ppl should wanna do better and in actuality a lot of critics dissed Jay's album b/c he rapped about stuff he's living now. WOW.
thank you...this is the point in the conversation where mothafu*kas just start talking stupid
 11 years ago '06        #123
louielou 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 478 478
it's starting to get funky.........can't wait for the response
 11 years ago '06        #124
Dj Quest 
space
space
$778 | Props total: 3 3
Nas is a more advance part of Hip Hop. Jeezy is where Hip Hop stands Today. Hip Hop went backwards, we were moving foward in the 90's but other perspectives started coming in. I understand Both perspectives. Good Interview though...
 11 years ago '04        #125
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
 Roemoaphi said:
Why are people like Jeezy, Wayne, etc getting so offended by the statement "Hip Hop is Dead"? Is it because they realize that no matter how much money they make or how many albums they sell they will NEVER be respected as 'true' Hip Hop Artist.

They will forever be viewed as second tier rappers or as a fad, while true artist like Nas, JayZ, Ice Cube and other artist that came before this current South movement will go down in history as legends and pioneers.

That's why you don't hear southern artist like Scarface, Ludacris, or Outkast trippin' about this. They KNOW that they belong amongst the elite in Hip Hop history, based not on their 'street cred', but on their lyrical skills, versatility, and creativity. True Hip Hop Artists bring something new to the genre, they do something that was different or sometimes better than what came before them. The cats that are whinin' right now are cats that KNOW they aren't doing that.

Real talk, South, East, West even France with that French movement know, If you for real, you for real, the Hip hop is dead hat is fitting on some n*ggaz and they be taking offence to this sh*t...
 11 years ago '04        #126
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
 Crazy Chi Guy said:
What I cant understand is that, when the east coast was on top nooobody gave respect to the South, Midwest, let alone the West coast. Just like the worlds governments, overtime the power shifts...The West coast had their time(deathRow)..And we all know the East coast started hiphop(If thats what u think)..AND NOW THE SOUTH HAS THEIR TURN. Its funny to me (being I'm from Chicago..a city that is ALWAYS OVERLOOKED ON THE HIPHOP MAP)..that when the Eastcoast is not on top they have a problem with the quality of hiphop from other regions. No that NAS (And I love nas..one of my top 5 MCs), has came with this HIPHOP is DEAD slogan...THE WHOLE FUKING EAST COAST IS RIDING THIS sh*t TO THE death...LOL..sh*t is funny..I can agree that there isnt a balance in hiphop right now..but look at your history..(In the mid 80s Early 90s there was only EAST COAST HIP HOP..(NO BALANCE)..BACK THEN ..THE SOUTH HAD NO SAY SO..YOU HAD GROUPS LIKE THE GHETO BOYS..ETC COMING OUT, BUT THEY HAD NOOOOO CREDIABILITY ON THE EAST COAST.. So I'm end this by saying this....HIPHOP IS NOT DEAD...ITS NOT BALANCED..BLAM THAT ON THE RECORDING INDUSTRY..NOT THE SOUTH..IF ANYTHING THE SOUTH IS SOME OF THE MOST INOVATIVE AND CREATIVE n*ggaZ IN HIPHOP..SAME WITH CHICAGO....SO TO ALL MY EASTCOAST n*ggaZ...STEP YOUR GAME UP..AND DONT GET SALTY BECAUSE THE CLIMATE OF HIPHOP HAS CHANGED FROM EAST COAST DOMINENCE...ENJOY THE MUSIC FOR WHAT IT IS ....AND DIRECT YOUR NEGATIVITY AT THE RECORDING INDUSTRY....

CHICAGO IS COMING ...WE ARE A CITY WITH ALOT OF TALENT..AND WE ARE HERE TO STAY..WILD100S TIL THE DIRT..
real talk. it's that NY state of mind. ppl from everywhere loves what comes out of NY but we get tired of the arrogance from NY.
 11 years ago '04        #127
dunnlanguage41 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
[email changed - confirm acct by email]
YOUNG JEEZY fu*kING SUCKS i have and never will download any of the bullsh*t that he puts out. talkin bout fryn in hell and lovin it is about as gangsta as my grandma. i mean retarded people say sh*t like that. plus what he jockin prodigy's wack as rhymes for anyway.
 11 years ago '04        #128
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Crazy Chi Guy said:
BACK THEN ..THE SOUTH HAD NO SAY SO..YOU HAD GROUPS LIKE THE GHETO BOYS..ETC COMING OUT, BUT THEY HAD NOOOOO CREDIABILITY ON THE EAST COAST.. ..
That's a little off. Mad n*ggas in the east was rocking to Geto Boys and Scarface when they came out. What you talking about?
 11 years ago '04        #129
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
i do remember when Outkast won at the Source Awards in NY and everybody was booin the sh*t out of em..but they stood tall and went on to become not just Hip-Hop but music legends
 11 years ago '04        #130
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
AND TO BE HONEST..MUSIC FROM THE SOUTH IS VERY DIVERS ...ITS JUST THAT n*ggaZ DONT WANNA LISTEN TO GROUPS LIKE (THE WHOLE fu*kING HOJ..LITTLE BROTHER.ETC...)..SO FOR A n*gga TO SAY THE SOUTH IS NOT CREDIABLE..THEY MUST ONLY WATCH 106&PARK..LOL....AND U KNOW WHAT ELSE IS FUKED UP...THE MEDIA EMPIRE IS CENTRALIZED IN NEW YORK..(BET, XXL MAGAZINE, THE SOURCE, ETC..) IF YOU WANNA SAY HIPHOP IS DEAD..BLAIM THE EASTCOAST..YALLL OVER HYPE BULLsh*t ALL DAY LONG...JUST TURN ON BET ,..
 11 years ago '04        #131
bruisedknux 
space
space
$157 | Props total: 0 0
Jeezy is a hook rapper, Nas is a lyricist. Two different styles, two different levels. No disrespect to Jeezy, but he definitely isnt a lyricist!!!
 11 years ago '05        #132
Trizz187 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,304 | Props total: 105 105
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
At the end of the day wat does Stree Cred and the streets and all that have to do with da good music. I mean if u make good music then thats great. why are we so worried bout if they was really thugging it or not. when 90 percent of the ppl who buy the cd arent living like that so who Cares... I think ppl will just say anyone name at anytime right now and thats not good. the respect of the game is gone

exactly fu*k that street credability sh*t. if you holdin it down on the block its all good good for you. the amount of weight you push and how tuff you are doesnt mean you make better music. Music is universal some of the greatest people in music period have been people who soft so it dont really matter.

And real talk the realest of the real that ive noticed? they dont listen to young jeezy or all this trap muzik sh*t. some n*ggas dont wanna be reminded of there struggle all the fu*kin time why glorify somthing you want out of?
only fake n*ggas wanna remain hustlin or gang bangin. a real n*gga a real gangsta is one who takes a bad situation and does all he can to get out of it and make it on top without bowin down to no one.

Remember folks theres a difference between a gangsta and a criminal

a n*gga who just do crime all his life and never want better ? he a criminal

a n*gga who do crime or ANYTHING he has to to survive and better himself?
thas a gangsta

Criminals snitch and stay on the block

Gangstas get rich and start buying stock

Holla at cha boy
 11 years ago '04        #133
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,570 | Props total: 2715 2715
I'm from the east coast and I think the quality of rap from other regions isn't as good as NY sh*t is ... it's not being biased saying that, ya'll just vibe to different things than we do over here ... as far as these kids running there mouths off to legends, that's just gonna give em free promotion, Nas was smart as hell for saying hip hop is dead
 11 years ago '04        #134
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
 tazbk said:
That's a little off. Mad n*ggas in the east was rocking to Geto Boys and Scarface when they came out. What you talking about?
YOU PROBABLY RIGHT..BUT U KNOW JUST AS EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS....IN NEW YORK (ESPECIALLY BACK IN THE LATE 80'S 90'S).. THE GETO BOYS WAS NOT GETTING NO AIRPLAY ON YALL RADIO STATIONS...BE REAL HOMIE...TRUE NUFF..IT PROBABLY WAS n*ggaZ IN NEW YORK ROCKING TO GETO BOYS..AND UNDAGROUND KINGS...JUST LIKE IM A CHICAGO n*gga AND I WAS ROCKING TO BLACKMOON, DIGABLE PLANET, ETC....BUT WHEN IT COMES DOWN TO IT...WHICH ALBUM WOULD U BUY BACK THEN...(TRIBE OR GETO BOYS) ..BE REAL..
 12-07-2006, 03:56 PM         #135
DaT BoY TheRe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bustin gunz n all dat doesn't have sh*t to do wit hip hop but i feel where jeezy is comin 4rm his hip hop is 4rm a street perspective but hey hip hop got issues rite about now... wayne goin at jay-z clipse n others, jeezy goin at nas... whose gonna open up next, but monie love did put jeez unda presure, he tried bein cool n calm but she was roastin his a.ss LoL

Last edited by DaT BoY TheRe; 12-07-2006 at 04:01 PM..
 12-07-2006, 03:57 PM         #136
$HOWTIME 17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tha EAST vs. SOUTH beef is officially started......

east: ghostface, saigon, nas, + a few others

south: TI, Jeezy, Wayne, field mob + a few others

its only gettin worse as tha weeks go by :applause:
 11 years ago '05        #137
K.B. 
space
space
$3,942 | Props total: 260 260
 AlSween said:
smh @ ppl holding NY projects on a pedastal. Projects SUCK EVERYWHERE. it's nothing to brag about. ppl should wanna do better and in actuality a lot of critics dissed Jay's album b/c he rapped about stuff he's living now. WOW.
best comment in tha whole thread.......
 12-07-2006, 03:58 PM         #138
Tavito 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW! Aww man, Jeezy is a f*ckin idiot...as a matter a fact, he's just ignorant..plain & simple. Since when is hip hop all about street cred & bustin your gun? It's about music! THE MUSIC PEOPLE!!! Jeezy just showed a perfect example of how hip hop is dead (in that point of view), thats why he couldnt even say anything that even made sense. Now I can see why Nas is saying hip hop is dead, he probably thinks hip hop is dead cuz in New York the vibe aint wat it used to be. Now I aint from NY but I could mos def say that it probably aint what it's been used to (getting all the attention). Now if you ask me, I think it just has to do with that all the real lyricist..all the real MC's just aint being recognized anymore. The industry/business end of things is f*ckin it all up. I say that in the next 10 years, rap will self destruct. CAN Y'ALL HONESTLY SAY THAT YOU'll BE LISTENING TO RAP IN THE NEXT 10? PROBABLY NOT CUZ OF ALL OF THE BULL THEY'LL BE BUMPING THEN. LOOK AT THE WAY R&B HAS EVOLVED. IT HAS GONE A LONG WAY FROM BABY MAKIN MUSIC, NOW ITS JUST ALL BUMP & GRIND. AINT NOBODY LIKE THE ISLEYS OR THE SMOKEY ROBINSONS, THE LUTHERS. ITS DONE!! FINISHED!!
 12-07-2006, 03:58 PM         #139
zion 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jeezy sounded like an idiot... how u gona disrespect monie love n basically tellin her she dont know hip hop? his whole arguement was based on record sales and "street credability" exactly whats wrong with hip hop...its dead yall
 11 years ago '05        #140
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
[QUOTE=Crazy Chi Guy] ...ITS JUST THAT n*ggaZ DONT WANNA LISTEN TO GROUPS LIKE (THE WHOLE fu*kING HOJ..LITTLE BROTHER.ETC...)..QUOTE]

That just validates that the "Hip Hop Is Dead" statement is not about the South, it's about the level of skills and ingenuity that is missing in Hip Hop right now. Little Brother's last album was off the chain, but n*ggas in the South didn't buy it and that's they people... n*ggas on the West Coast and East Coast bought because it represented real Hip Hop no matter where it originated.
Home      

most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
166 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
165 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago