Jeezy Says Nas Has No Street Credibility

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #181
Crazy Chi Guy 
space
space
$348 | Props total: 0 0
 fat_boyy21 said:
Ignorance must be bliss huh... I never said I was from NY, I said I was from the east coast so go look on a map and find CT... where I'm from in CT is 20 minutes from New York City anyways

Now to get back to my point about the music, I said:
"I think the quality of rap from other regions isn't as good as NY sh*t is ... it's not being biased saying that, ya'll just vibe to different things than we do over here"

Where in that did I say the music from other places is wack.... but I'll explain further so that you don't jump off a bridge for Twista or Kanye. What I'm trying to say is for example if I was from queens and a n*gga from my hood made it everyone from the block would support him, but someone from across the country is obviously not gonna care as much. Another point is that the rap is done differently in different places, for example you got that whole hyphy movement going on in the west, you got that whole get crunk sh*t in the south. What's good rap to someone in the Bay area isn't AS good to someone in Decatur... what's good rap to someone in Chi-town isn't as good to someone in NY. I'm not saying it's true with everybody, but it is with a lot of people. And I'll say it again I DONT THINK anybody's music is wack except for D4L, Dipset, and that Chicken Noodle Soup sh*t

LOL YOU FUNNY DUDE...WHEN YOU SAY sh*t LIKE " QUALITY of rap from other regions isn't as good as NY " AND U SAY THE WORD QUALLLLITY...THATS SAYING THAT THE MUSIC FROM OTHER REGIONS IS BELOW THE LEVEL OF NEW YORK RAP...IN OTHER WORDS..THAT sh*t IS WACK AND NOT UP TO PAR WITH NEW YORK BULLsh*t.. SO YOU ARE BEING BIASED..AND YOU CANT DENY IT. THERES NO DOUBT THAT A ARTIST LIKE DJU UNK FROM ATL HAS A BIGGER IMPACT IN THAT REGION VS. A ARTIST LIKE JUICE OR COMMON IN CHICAGO. AND I PEEPED HOW U TRYING TO BE FUNNY BY SAYING IMA JUMP OFF A BRIDGE FOR KANYE AND TWISTA..IGNORANCE IS BLISS I GUESS WHEN U MAKE STUPID AZZ COMMENTS LIKE THAT... SO TO END THIS ARGUMENT WITH YOUR (NY d*ck RIDING AZZ FROM CT)...YOUR VERY BIASED FOR SAYING "THE QUALITY OF RAP IN OTHER REGIONS IS NOT AS GOOD AS NEW YORK RAP"..YOUR BASICALLY SAYING THAT IF IT AINT FROM NEW YORK..EVEN IF ITS A CLASSIC ALBUM LIKE AQUIMENI FROM OUTKAST OR A TIMELESS ALBUM FROM COMMON "LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE"...THE QUALITY IS NOT UP TO PAR CAUSE IT NOT FROM NY YORK...

WOW..YOUR SADLY MISTAKEN
 11 years ago '04        #182
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
LMAO.... Jeezy absolutely clowned them stupid hoes and NAS... oh sh*t that sh*t was great

J:Where you from???

M: London

Jeezy: hahahahaha we not gon get into that
+++++++++++++++++++

Jeezy: Nas aint no street n*gga Nas aint in no fu*kin street! ...... Yall got me fuc (stops in mid sentence)
........ Tell him to get at me, tell Nas to holla at me

LMAO

Nas wont say a word... bet

TM102 will sell more than HHID... but Nas>> Jeezy rapping wise
 12-07-2006, 04:51 PM         #183
missioninwar1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is why I dont like the internet. I rarely respect someones opinion on it.

They were not saying Jeezy wasnt ill or good. There saying its not fare to say hiphop is alive when all you do is glorify one part of it. Exp...being hard, selling crack, beefing, talkin bout guns, jewelry

They never said jeezy was wack for how he rapped he did haha

Thats whats mostly getting glorified. She was saying that. The industry made it dead not rappers. Rappers contribute thow.

Jeezy just sounded like a fool talkin bout im not hiphop. He basically took offense.

n*ggas acting like they sh*t dont stink.

Hiphop is dead....if all you care about is how another n*gga A GROWN a.ss MAN FEELS OR THINKS ABOUT YOU.

What are you HOMO.

So all them nigggas claiming they the hardest and n*ggas feeling em thats some homo sh*t . Street credit doesnt matter with music.

i didnt even prove a point its just n*ggas be sounded stupid

Last edited by missioninwar1; 12-07-2006 at 04:57 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #184
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
 flawda_boy06 said:
nas dont have street cred.
true ....

notebook crook looseleaf theif
 11 years ago '04        #185
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
 DaT BoY TheRe said:
Fronting, glorified crime, fake livestyles, disrespect amonst other things
i read u da 1st time but i love my hip hop too much den to turn my back on it, yeah da songs dats bein put out nowadays is about da same sh*t but you guys makin it seem like hip hop only revolves around one region, like it only revolves around jus a couple of artists such as wayne or somebody, as if we don't have common or outkast, so how can y'all say hip hop is dead? jus cuz those n*ggas aren't da n*ggas dats on top rite now doesn't mean there not still here hip hop is a culture, so how can hip hop be dead? it seems dat because hip hop done spreaded thru different regions n da past couple of years some n*ggas is mad! and yeah i'm talkin on behalf of da south cuz i'm from da south... YA DIG![/QUOTE]

Hip Hop is not about about a reagion... TI and LUDA etc are great, Jadakiss and Nas are hot, snoop and Game are k!lling it...

They all share the same thing, relevence and realness....

hip hop is fake today...
 12-07-2006, 04:54 PM         #186
missioninwar1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 missioninwar1 said:
This is why I dont like the internet. I rarely respect someones opinion on it.

They were not saying Jeezy was ill or good. There saying its not fare to say hiphop is alive when all you do is glorify one part of it. Exp...being hard, selling crack, beefing, talkin bout guns, jewelry

They never said jeezy was wack for how he rapped he did haha

Thats whats mostly getting glorified. She was saying that. The industry made it dead not rappers. Rappers contribute thow.

Jeezy just sounded like a fool talkin bout im not hiphop. He basically took offense.

n*ggas acting like they sh*t dont stink.

Hiphop is dead....if all you care about is how another n*gga A GROWN a.ss MAN FEELS OR THINKS ABOUT YOU.

What are you HOMO.

So all them nigggas claiming they the hardest and n*ggas feeling em thats some homo sh*t . Street credit doesnt matter with music.

i didnt even prove a point its just n*ggas be sounded stupid
and im from the west coast

and i listen to jeezy and nas

how ironic?
 11 years ago '05        #187
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
fu*k that street cred sh*t!! Hip Hop is the only arena where n*ggas would even bring up that stupid sh*t. Ice Cube and Ice T are some gangsta a.ss n*ggas that act, but just cause they could whup Jack Nicholson or Denzel Washingtons a.ss doesn't make them better actors than Jack or Denzel. So why does that bullsh*t matter in Hip Hop music?!!!
 11 years ago '04        #188
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
jeezy could NEVER fuk wit nas.... EVER
 11 years ago '04        #189
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,567 | Props total: 2708 2708
 Crazy Chi Guy said:
LOL YOU FUNNY DUDE...WHEN YOU SAY sh*t LIKE " QUALITY of rap from other regions isn't as good as NY " AND U SAY THE WORD QUALLLLITY...THATS SAYING THAT THE MUSIC FROM OTHER REGIONS IS BELOW THE LEVEL OF NEW YORK RAP...IN OTHER WORDS..THAT sh*t IS WACK AND NOT UP TO PAR WITH NEW YORK BULLsh*t.. SO YOU ARE BEING BIASED..AND YOU CANT DENY IT. THERES NO DOUBT THAT A ARTIST LIKE DJU UNK FROM ATL HAS A BIGGER IMPACT IN THAT REGION VS. A ARTIST LIKE JUICE OR COMMON IN CHICAGO. AND I PEEPED HOW U TRYING TO BE FUNNY BY SAYING IMA JUMP OFF A BRIDGE FOR KANYE AND TWISTA..IGNORANCE IS BLISS I GUESS WHEN U MAKE STUPID AZZ COMMENTS LIKE THAT... SO TO END THIS ARGUMENT WITH YOUR (NY d*ck RIDING AZZ FROM CT)...YOUR VERY BIASED FOR SAYING "THE QUALITY OF RAP IN OTHER REGIONS IS NOT AS GOOD AS NEW YORK RAP"..YOUR BASICALLY SAYING THAT IF IT AINT FROM NEW YORK..EVEN IF ITS A CLASSIC ALBUM LIKE AQUIMENI FROM OUTKAST OR A TIMELESS ALBUM FROM COMMON "LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE"...THE QUALITY IS NOT UP TO PAR CAUSE IT NOT FROM NY YORK...

WOW..YOUR SADLY MISTAKEN

Be easy homie, I own all of Outkasts albums, I have Scarface, T.I., Snoop, Mac Dre, E-40, Dr Dre, Twista, Kanye, Bun B, Three Six Mafia, Chamillionaire, Slim Thug, Rick Ross on my computer here... and I guess according to you it's cuz I think they're wack ... If you're not intelligent enough to see that we as people have different views of what "quality" of music is in the different regions of the country, then there's no point in talking to you... So do like that Justin Timberlake and go Cry Me a River
 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM         #190
missioninwar1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone that sticks up for there favorite artist by discrediting someone else is a homo a.ss stan and is another reason why Jeezy said HE DONT GOT STREET CRED. n*ggaz add fuel to you gotta be hard and sh*t to be relivant let n*ggas make music and shut da fu*k up
 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM         #191
TuJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yeah clearly people are too caught up in who has street credibility to worry about who has actual talent... cuz Nas>>>Jeezy lyrically but Nas<<<Jeezy wit street cred (apparently)
 11 years ago '06        #192
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
jeezy says nas has no street cred but jeezy only got 2 albums and got no lyrics

"patty cake patty cake microwave" -jeezy
 11 years ago '05        #193
I_REP_VA 10 heat pts10
space
space
$7,726 | Props total: 1872 1872
JEEZY ISN'T EVEN A RAPPER..

HE'S A REAL n*gga.. MOTIVATIONAL SPEAKER..

JEEZY > NAS

stop comparin wit rap.. lol fu*k rap it's bout real sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #194
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Prettyboyt662 said:
aint no damn way for one second nas is at this time in age better than jeezy.

You on that good stuff homey, almost makes me want to start doing drugs myself. I might start to think I can beat Kobe 1 on 1 or even run for president.
 11 years ago '04        #195
Myworld82 
space
space
$2,584 | Props total: 108 108
 djinferno said:
fu*k Jeezy... Monie k!lled him...

All the south is mad at Nas because they think that Hip Hop is dead is directed at them because there in the lead right now... n*gga is getting really agitaded over this sh*t....

Rap is alive but hip hop is missrepresented and thats what got them south n*ggas pissed...

Since when does selling crack or bussing a gun have anything to do with hip hop? Them n*ggas can't keep theere a.ss out of Jaill and they keep talking sh*t like there something...

I lived a year in ATL and let me tell you, them n*ggaz acting real stuppid....

If I see another Video about throwing fake money on cars and bi*ches, i'm a lose it...:banghead:

at Jezzy, 102 is crap anyway, YHEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Now, first of all, she said it herself, what Jeezy is doing is Hip Hop, Monie said it! Selling dope and busting a gun does have it's place in hip hop, Jeezy was not the first to do it homie, and I'm sure you know that. There are artists from the 80's who were talkin about gettin money on the streets and you know what they were talkin about. Your "favorite rapper's favorive rapper" has talked about his coke slingin days a couple of times, mind you.

Don't get it twisted, Nas has all the right in the world to name his album whatever he wants and to say whatever he wants, his name and opinion hold a lot of weight in the hip hop arena. However, can you all not see why the saying "Hip Hop is dead" would not p!ss some people off?

The reason most south guys are getting mad about him saying that now, is not because they feel guilty about the credibility of what they do being "good' hip hop (which none of us have the right to determine, we all just have opinions), it's because they are the one's mainly eating off this business right now, and like it or not, they are the one's actually keeping it going (which Nas said himself). If you are the main one doing something, and someone else is saying it's dead, under the surface, that can be depicted as the south k!lling it. And in most of the people, not rappers, but fans' opinions(take this board for example) on the situation, they are k!lling it, so wouldn't that offend the hell out of you? This is how you make your living, and you got someone else saying that you are ruining your own way of life? That's just like someone on the block, and someone coming through stopping their business on that corner, trying to take over. You are going to f!ght sooner or later to protect your corner.

I see the same thing happening in hip hop. The south has been playing their position for a long time, we laid in the back, made our money underground, and for the few that got lucky enough to go nationwide, they did, but they just made their money, did you ever see any down south artists trying to beef with anyone? Now, ultimately, the south has a stronghold on the game for the most part, and now, you got someone comin from up north sayin that the game is dead, and trying to "take it back", of course, the south is like "what the fu*k, this is ours" right now, and they are pissed. I have the utmost respect for artists from all areas, but you all have to open your minds up and think about this in a broader light. We are not all bamas and country n*ggas down here. We do have some sense, and I think a lot of the artists down here do too, their just upset that a lot of people are saying their craft is dead when it is very much alive down here.
 11 years ago '04        #196
street_dreamin 
space
space
$795 | Props total: 0 0
 I_REP_VA said:

JEEZY > NAS

u cant be serious... u prob never even did dirt and use the garbage jeezy says to justify your "thug" u fu*king softy....when jeezy comes out with an album as good as one of nas' worst then we can talk...for right now jeezy cant fu*k wit nas.....one word "illmatic"
 11 years ago '04        #197
siemens12 
space
space
space
$185 | Props total: 0 0
these rappers are so immature what the fu*k does your homies being in the feds have to do with hip hop. These super fu*king thugs in hiphop k!ll me. Jeezy is in the fu*king studio like all the other RAPPERS making album not in the fu*king street. Every fu*king rapper use to be a kingpin. That is why hiphop is fu*king stale.
 11 years ago '04        #198
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
 I_REP_VA said:

JEEZY > NAS

like i said earlier..if Jezzy claim he not a rapper than he need to start holding seminars and sh*t at youth centers to deliever his message and pass the mic let some real talent get on instead of bullsh*ttn around
 11 years ago '05        #199
Basicgz 
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 1399 1399
It must be dead cuz people takin offense to it so hard, especially tha south, so what does that say, I just got done listening to Nas new joint and that sh*t is hot fa real, I'm sorry Jeezy album is just a bunch of beats with repetitive subject matter on every track, Monie hit tha nail on tha head when she explained it, and it was the truth, you notice the first thing Jeezy said for an arguement was wait to the first week sales, what does that mean? cuz you appeal to whats in you better than Nasir, and what does street cred have to do with the arguement, so you have to have street cred to have an opinion on the state of hip-hop, I doubt you k!lled anyone lately, and I kno pus*y a.ss n*ggas who sale drugs, so it aint nothin to do that Nas has a right to comment on the state of hip-hop because he's done so much and he was a part of the essence of it, just by hearing this interview just confirmed Nas's statement.
 11 years ago '05        #200
Roemoaphi 
space
space
$588 | Props total: 0 0
 Myworld82 said:
Now, first of all, she said it herself, what Jeezy is doing is Hip Hop, Monie said it! Selling dope and busting a gun does have it's place in hip hop, Jeezy was not the first to do it homie, and I'm sure you know that. There are artists from the 80's who were talkin about gettin money on the streets and you know what they were talkin about. Your "favorite rapper's favorive rapper" has talked about his coke slingin days a couple of times, mind you.

Don't get it twisted, Nas has all the right in the world to name his album whatever he wants and to say whatever he wants, his name and opinion hold a lot of weight in the hip hop arena. However, can you all not see why the saying "Hip Hop is dead" would not p!ss some people off?

The reason most south guys are getting mad about him saying that now, is not because they feel guilty about the credibility of what they do being "good' hip hop (which none of us have the right to determine, we all just have opinions), it's because they are the one's mainly eating off this business right now, and like it or not, they are the one's actually keeping it going (which Nas said himself). If you are the main one doing something, and someone else is saying it's dead, under the surface, that can be depicted as the south k!lling it. And in most of the people, not rappers, but fans' opinions(take this board for example) on the situation, they are k!lling it, so wouldn't that offend the hell out of you? This is how you make your living, and you got someone else saying that you are ruining your own way of life? That's just like someone on the block, and someone coming through stopping their business on that corner, trying to take over. You are going to f!ght sooner or later to protect your corner.

I see the same thing happening in hip hop. The south has been playing their position for a long time, we laid in the back, made our money underground, and for the few that got lucky enough to go nationwide, they did, but they just made their money, did you ever see any down south artists trying to beef with anyone? Now, ultimately, the south has a stronghold on the game for the most part, and now, you got someone comin from up north sayin that the game is dead, and trying to "take it back", of course, the south is like "what the fu*k, this is ours" right now, and they are pissed. I have the utmost respect for artists from all areas, but you all have to open your minds up and think about this in a broader light. We are not all bamas and country n*ggas down here. We do have some sense, and I think a lot of the artists down here do too, their just upset that a lot of people are saying their craft is dead when it is very much alive down here.

Good post. You made some very valid points.

But like others... I think your points solidify Nas' position. First of all... at no point did Nas say that "Hip Hop is dead and the South k!lled it". He simply stated that "Hip Hop is Dead". While I can see where Southern rappers could take offense, I think that ANY rapper that is not bring anything new or fresh to Hip Hop could be offended as well... and that is the point.

Hip Hop is Dead is directed at the fact that the current crop of rappers that 'have a stronghold on the game' whether that be North, South, East, or West are not bringing anything new to the game. They are all talking about the same sh*t that n*ggas were talking about in the 80's and they aren't even doing as well as those n*ggas did. The West Coast comes and goes every 5 years or so for that very same reason and the South is stuck there too.

Hip Hop is stagnant (dead) because there is no arena to express any other point of view, but that of n*ggas slangin and bangin. For every Kanye, Common, or Mos Def you've got a thousand 'Young so and so's' or 'Lil whathisnames' runnin around sayin the same old sh*t. n*ggas faded Jiggas new album and I've already seen n*ggas talkin down about Nas' album because they are talking about topics other than that bullsh*t. But the lyrics and creativity that both those albums possess are ridiculous!

That's what Nas and Monie were trying to get across. Hip Hop won't return to it's former glory until it returns to the diversity of the 'post gangsta, pimp, hustla' era.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
8 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy