Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (2006)

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
138 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
20 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
125 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
86 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #161
yung dre 
space
space
space
$447 | Props total: 6 6
nice album 4/5
 11 years ago '04        #162
Benny_0505 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$249 | Props total: 0 0
honnestly ppl on the bx make me laugh......any fu*kin album that comes out....right away they re like : OMG its a classic !!! LOLOL
like come on guys...first of all i love nas...i respect his talent....i just dont understand how ppl put this in the classic section.....i dunno but for me i put only a couple of albums on that list : DOGGYSTYLE ENTER 36 CHAMBERS READY TO DIE but not this.....come on ...its a ok album...but ive heard wayyy better nas b4 and honnestly the beats arent really that hot.....the only big big souding beat is the one with jay....plus that crazy number 6 track is really making wanna blow my brains its too much....dont get me wrong i like nas but damn ...i think his marketting on this was like ok ill try and sound old school ....and yes it sounds old school ...but its not a classic
the only track that i truly love EVERYTHING ABOUT is the first one and the one with jay.....i still believe ppl that are like CLASSIC !!!! LOLOLOL how could you say that ....pac must be turning in his grave...its like ppl saying devils advocate is a classic !!! OMGGGG a good rapper yes.....but EVERY track is the same i wanna sound like DRE with fake DRE beats LOLOLOL

i wanna see the classic poll choice removed....too many ppl abuse it
 11 years ago '05        #163
bigpinero 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,539 | Props total: 570 570
classic material
 11 years ago '04        #164
Benny_0505 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 bigpinero said:
classic material

honnestly ppl on the bx make me laugh......any fu*kin album that comes out....right away they re like : OMG its a classic !!! LOLOL
like come on guys...first of all i love nas...i respect his talent....i just dont understand how ppl put this in the classic section.....i dunno but for me i put only a couple of albums on that list : DOGGYSTYLE ENTER 36 CHAMBERS READY TO DIE but not this.....come on ...its a ok album...but ive heard wayyy better nas b4 and honnestly the beats arent really that hot.....the only big big souding beat is the one with jay....plus that crazy number 6 track is really making wanna blow my brains its too much....dont get me wrong i like nas but damn ...i think his marketting on this was like ok ill try and sound old school ....and yes it sounds old school ...but its not a classic
the only track that i truly love EVERYTHING ABOUT is the first one and the one with jay.....i still cant believe ppl are like ITS A CLASSIC !!!! LOLOLOL how could you say that ....pac must be turning in his grave...its like ppl saying devils advocate is a classic !!! OMGGGG a good rapper yes.....but EVERY track is the same i wanna sound like DRE with fake DRE beats LOLOLOL

i wanna see the classic poll choice removed....too many ppl abuse it

Last edited by Benny_0505; 12-08-2006 at 12:30 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #165
bigpinero 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,539 | Props total: 570 570
^ you just said that dumb fu*k...it IS a classic...the best album that came out this year EASY...stop fu*king around
 12-08-2006, 12:37 PM         #166
SpeckB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*ts near classic....4.5 sirr....second half of the album is the illest...thought the production was dope, lyrics on point, and the hooks were tight, which is uncommon for alot of nas sh*t....

will be bumpin this one for years....

this n Lupe album are best of 06
 12-08-2006, 01:08 PM         #167
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5, nothin more nothin less
 11 years ago '04        #168
Burym3ag 3 heat pts
space
space
$792 | Props total: 332 332
even tho the beats aint bangin or nothing, they're fu*king amazing. they match the content that nas spits. thats what makes this cd so well done. its a lyrical bomb!
 12-08-2006, 01:11 PM         #169
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the last choice from now on should be "POTENTIAL CLASSIC"

not "classic" b/c u need to be listening to this a year from now and still love it then call it classic
 11 years ago '04        #170
EmOnEyBaGz175 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,002 | Props total: 0 0
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:
yea in all honesty, you can never give a nas album lower than a 3... his lyrics are always on point... his content is usually on point as well.

people forget that beats are meant to be a backdrop for the words.

most rappers dont use beats for backdrops but for crutches. either way, the beats do get a little too mellow at times, which becomes a problem for the lyrics because you lose interest...
:applause: :applause:
 12-08-2006, 02:01 PM         #171
Sangria1  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Old School said:
How is Nas gonna be on DefJam and have sup par production, the lyrics have always been there for him but this production is not a step up from the last few albums.....Its the whole package thats needed not just lyrics. I was hoping he would have had some better beat selection.
me too
 11 years ago '05        #172
youngface2 
space
space
space
$467 | Props total: 4 4
where the fu*k is The N.......THIS SONG ALONE sh*tS ON NAS' ALBUM......
HOW DO U SPIT SUCH FYRE AND LEAVE IT OFF THE ALBUM......HE COULD HAVE EVEN PUT BLOOD DIAMOND ON THE ALBUM

Last edited by youngface2; 12-08-2006 at 02:08 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #173
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 179 179
damn Nas came thru...i mus say tho and i am a bigger Jay fan than Nas but this album is slightly better that KC.....sorry Jay...Nas got this one
 12-08-2006, 05:28 PM         #174
Just Blaze 23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 1/2 mics maybe 5 on 1st listen this album is nice start to finish NaS is top 3 dead or alive, he has to be. "Still Dreamin" wit Kanye is Crazy, nice beat. "Black Republicans" pure classic Jay & NaS, nuff said. "Blunt Ashes" made me think alot great track, Chris Webber did a surprisingly good job. "Not Going Back" is nice. Just an overall great album. Classic? i dunno definitely no lower than a four.
 12-08-2006, 05:34 PM         #175
kliquey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 he came through
 12-08-2006, 05:41 PM         #176
:FIREWORKS:  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1 "Money Over Bullsh*t" L.E.S. 4/5
2 "You Can't k!ll Me" Salaam Remi 2.5/5
3 "Carry on Tradition" Scott Storch 3/5
4 "Where Are They Now?" Nas & Salaam Remi 3.7/5
5 "Hip Hop Is Dead" will.i.am 4/5
6 "Who k!lled It?" will.i.am 4.7/5
7 "Black Republican" L.E.S. Jay-Z 5/5
8 "Not Going Back" StarGate Kelis 4/5
9 "Still Dreaming" Kanye West Kanye West 5/5
10 "Hold Down the Block" Mark Batson 3.8/5
11 "Blunt Ashes" Chris Webber 5/5
12 "Let There Be Light" Kanye West Tré Williams 5/5
13 "Play on Playa" Scott Storch Snoop Dogg 4.5/5
14 "Can't Forget About You" will.i.am Chrisette Michele 5/5
15 "Hustlers" Dr. Dre The Game, Marsha of Floetry 4/5
16 "Hope" (a cappella) 4.5/5 for outro, great message to end the album

this is my ratings track for track after about 7 listens, its still growing on me..

Last edited by :FIREWORKS:; 12-09-2006 at 10:15 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #177
Benny_0505 1 heat pts
space
space
space
its an ok album but i dont fu*kin understand why ppl are saying its a classic !!!!!!!!!! Chronic 2001 was a classic ....ready to die was a classic come on ppl .......

i guarantee you ppl that in a year this album is gonna be nowhere...
come on....

if this is a classic...wtf is illmatic ??? come on......just shows how you guys are
 12-08-2006, 05:55 PM         #178
:FIREWORKS:  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^its not a classic, but people do that about every album that comes out, they just say instant classic, its been down with every album this year, you shoulda seen how many said POME was a classic, smh that sh*t went double hula hoop.. sh*t was a.ss,

you cant tell if its a classic until a few down the line, it will tell you if its a classic

its just the way it goes on bx, people dont really mean classic they just mean the albums fire...
 12-08-2006, 06:07 PM         #179
Cyber Hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that sh*t is DOPE...

a "classic", only time will tell...

Best of '06, hell yeah!
 12-08-2006, 06:51 PM         #180
MiK  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whoever says this sh*t is wack need to clean they ears out thoroughly.... I think it's a funny concept cause he sayin Hip-Hop is dead and he's still releasing that raw hip-hop we wanna hear

i expected this LP to be good but Nas dropped that knowledge like it was 94 again....
the Production is very melodic and flowful, that and his bars being constructed wisely creates a good combination and a output of hip-hop music....
I think it's intresting how Nas got that basketball player Chris Webber to produce track 12.... Blunt ashes is soundin real nice, I got it on repeat
it is kinda dissapointin there aint a Premier joint on there cause them 2 together are an instant classic
on the other hand, the 2 L.E.S. productions are exceptionally gangsta, he should've used more beats from him....
overall this album is gettin a 4 from me and I know I'll be bumpin it all the time for a long time....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy