Steph Kegels
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
211 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
91 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
80 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #141
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
I like it a lot, best album since Stillmatic. I don't want to rate until I've gone through it 3 or 4 times though, at first listen it's sounding pretty fourish. I might be feeling it more than that Hov.
 11 years ago '05        #142
mjkickz15 
space
space
$123 | Props total: 0 0
 d*ckstarbuck said:
I'm a real hip hop fan. fu*k you fan boys that make that excuse for when an album is not up to par. No one is saying that he can't rap. IT'S JUST BORING AS HELL. sh*t we all like nas, but if I wanted a lecture, I would have went to class today. Rap has changed. Now you need beats to get people to pay attention. Otherwise you are just talking. And that AINT rap.

i feel u on that but, beats aint everything. beats used to be simple back in the day and people wouldn't care jus cause of the rhymes. hes tryin to take it old school and simple. the younger generation isnt ready for it but an real hip hop fan can respect it. some tracks where suspect, but still a good album
 11 years ago '05        #143
VillainsDream 
space
space
$309 | Props total: 31 31
dope album
 12-08-2006, 01:27 AM         #144
shootza  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I give it a 4.5 outa 5!!!

For some reason though... I'm still feelin' Kingdom Come more then this one.... it's more enterntaining!!!
 11 years ago '04        #145
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,190 | Props total: 3339 3339
Album of the year.
 12-08-2006, 06:59 AM         #146
bronbron23  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How could anybody say this album is wack and give it a 1, True Nas haters put your hands up! This album deserves at the very least a 3!!!
 11 years ago '04        #147
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
 mjkickz15 said:
i feel u on that but, beats aint everything. beats used to be simple back in the day and people wouldn't care jus cause of the rhymes. hes tryin to take it old school and simple. the younger generation isnt ready for it but an real hip hop fan can respect it. some tracks where suspect, but still a good album
It's not that simple beats are garbage. It's that not every simple beat is good. Now A tribe called quest's fist album uses some of the most simple beats made and I love it. It's mad dope. Nas needs to understand and yall need to understand too, just because its creative and as old school flavor doesnt meant its dope.

If Nas dropped these same old school songs on this album back in the 80's or 90's, It would be sh*t compared to what was out then.

Edit: I must admit that this album is growing on me somewhat.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-08-2006 at 11:12 PM..
 12-08-2006, 07:45 AM         #148
DLaxman31  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he comes out hard and brings back some stuff he left. Glad he doesn't get into the "beef" with anyone though like... gg ggg ggg -unit
 11 years ago '05        #149
dope-boy 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,011 | Props total: 44 44
Who k!lled it? - Had my head spinning like wtf! Def sumthing different
 11 years ago '04        #150
greenshadi 
space
space
$846 | Props total: 0 0
It's crazy how ppl say this garbage. This is hip hop folks. For real. I'm really feeling this.
 11 years ago '04        #151
Cjjr72984 1 heat pts
space
space
$218 | Props total: 71 71
Hot album.....production is nice, lyrics are second to none, and the guest appearances are A+
 11 years ago '04        #152
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
OK after about 25 listens, I can honestly say that overall, it's Nas so it's a good album but being such a big fan, i'm deaply disapointed about track 6 and 16... and that where yall at is not on the album, this being said, from what I understand, the Retail version does not include these two tracks and where y'all at is on there (Amazon.com) so to me it's a great album, he k!lled it and stayed tru to himself...

From what I was told, the version we are listening to is the version he sampleled for the media conference listening....

Heres what is supose to be

Track Listings
1. Don't Hate Me Now
2. QB Tru G'S
3. Black Republican
4. Where Y'all at
5. Play on Playa
6. Still Dreaming
7. White Man's Paper
8. Blunt Ashes
9. Hip Hop Is Dead
10. Where Are They Now
11. Let There Be Light
12. Not Going Back
13. An't Forget About You
14. Hold Down the Block

Last edited by djinferno; 12-08-2006 at 09:43 AM..
 12-08-2006, 09:45 AM         #153
Rosadocc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its good but I was expecting alot more. If you gonna be on Def Jam you gotta get some better production then that. The problem with Nas is that he never picks the right beats. I see he tryin to go with a more mello sound with this one, which is cool but its gotta be better than that. Even Kanye's and Dre's beats were just mediocore. Nas always comes through lyrically but he need to just stick with Premo and Large Professor. C-Webbs track was surprisingly decent though
 12-08-2006, 10:12 AM         #154
ZAFT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4.8! Nas is straight on point, some songs are unhuman
production is medicore
 12-08-2006, 11:12 AM         #155
:FIREWORKS:  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tracks 2 and 3 are the only ones im unsure about, maybe 4 too the rest is crack, he took me back on this album, this reminds me of old school nyc sh*t, that track with tre reminds me of a pac song for some reason...

lyrcis are on point again... doubt it will be a classic but if anyone says less than 3.5/4 out 5 than you buggin..
 12-08-2006, 11:19 AM         #156
Mcmasterlock  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I give it a 4.5 out of 5
 11 years ago '04        #157
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
who k!lled it is fu*kin bananas

real creative sh*t thru me waaay the fu*k off,but damn themore i listen the more ilike it.

it makes me vision a old black and white movie wit some old detective wit a cigar in his mouth going around ny lookin for asnwers.

fu*k painting pictures wit words,nas is making movies outta words.
 11 years ago '04        #158
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,917 | Props total: 54 54
yo, am i the only one really feeling this scott storch production? this song is fire and has late 90's feel to it... BANGER.
 12-08-2006, 11:39 AM         #159
lyonsm316  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man fu*k the pointless hate Nas kept it real on this album and made a very very good album, give it a couple months before you judge it against his other albums though.
 11 years ago '04        #160
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,917 | Props total: 54 54
yea in all honesty, you can never give a nas album lower than a 3... his lyrics are always on point... his content is usually on point as well.

people forget that beats are meant to be a backdrop for the words.

most rappers dont use beats for backdrops but for crutches. either way, the beats do get a little too mellow at times, which becomes a problem for the lyrics because you lose interest...
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
34 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
88 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
4 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC Watch Season 10 Teaser
57 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
66 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
189 comments
1 day ago