Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (2006)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #101
lzrich 
space
space
$786 | Props total: 1 1
A hella lot better than that kingdom come bullsh*t
 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM         #102
whittle008  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hott song old beat speeded up nice
 12-07-2006, 06:08 PM         #103
yankeex7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
top 5 of 2006 easily...puts 90% of the commercial crap out there to shame..puts that sh*t jeezy album to shame. its nas sounding like nas and keeping it ny. maybe the sales wont show it but this album at least might inspire people to keep listening to rap.
 12-07-2006, 06:16 PM         #104
yankeex7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody can up white mans paper since it was cut and i cant find it anywhere?
 11 years ago '04        #105
Chicago714 
space
space
space
$256 | Props total: 0 0
What Da Phuck What Da Phuck What Da Phuck

Jay-Z album was garbage....and this is definitely garbage. This album is not going to sell crap...mark my words...he is about to do Lloyd Banks numbers.

The Hottest Songs On The Album We Heard Already Except The One By Kanye "Still Dreaming". What A Disappointment. As Talented As He Is Lyrically...Most Of The Prodcution Is b00ty...Makes You Think Who The Hell Approved This Crap? What The Hell Was He Doing In The Studio? No Premier Tracks??? Come On Man...Lets Be Honest...nasty Nas Is Really Esco Trash With This Album.

When I First Listen To This Album All I Could Think About Is Him Ryhming In That Kelis Video "Blindfold Me" Crap.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

Hip Hop Is Really Dead...

Most Of The December Albums Have Been Trash...Lil Scrappy & Young Jeezy Too...Damn Young Jeezy Album Sounds Better Than Nas & Jay-z Album Put Together And That's Not Saying Much. Damn!!!!!

Last edited by Chicago714; 12-07-2006 at 06:45 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #106
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,917 | Props total: 54 54
 d*ckstarbuck said:
I'm a real hip hop fan. fu*k you fan boys that make that excuse for when an album is not up to par. No one is saying that he can't rap. IT'S JUST BORING AS HELL. sh*t we all like nas, but if I wanted a lecture, I would have went to class today. Rap has changed. Now you need beats to get people to pay attention. Otherwise you are just talking. And that AINT rap.
woooooooooooooooo... props.
 12-07-2006, 06:49 PM         #107
ILLMATIC_RIDAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lemme get one thing str8.... did Dre produce "Hustlers" wit The Game or Just Blaze????
 12-07-2006, 06:53 PM         #108
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ dre did
 11 years ago '04        #109
Chicago714 
space
space
space
$256 | Props total: 0 0
Truth be told...we all like tight a.ss lyrics but come on man the production has to be worth something. Someone earlier put it best...for this to be a Def Jam release and Nas's first release on Def Jam after all the hype, this is has to be one of the most disappointing albums in years. That's real talk...he might as well stay underground and independent if he is going to make music like this. Jay-Z or Nas...I don't know which album I dislike the most...sad day for Hip-Hop
 11 years ago '04        #110
infamousres1 
space
space
$1,568 | Props total: 1 1
Album Is Not A Classic.. But It's A Very Good Album... One Of The Best Albums I Heard In Years... Yes.. I Would Of Loved To Have More Dj Premiere Tracks!! And Some Jus Blaze... Beats Were Decent... Best Track In My Opinion Carry On Tradition Song Is Classic To Me. How The Hell The N (dont Hate Me Now ) Wasnt On The Album Is Crazy Song Is Sick.. Basically Lyricism Is The Most Positive Coming From Nas On This Album. Best Album Of The Year By Far// But Damn I Don't Even Know What A Classic Album Is Anymore In Hiphop. Album Is A Must Cop!!!
 11 years ago '04        #111
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
Very, very good album. Can't say much more in depth than that afrter only one listen, but I can only see my opinion going up even more.

The only 'meh' song was Who k!lled It, I don't understand what he was going for.
 12-07-2006, 07:16 PM         #112
ins rebel  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 12-07-2006, 07:41 PM         #113
smacked  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
been listening to it a few times now since it leaked and its a 3.5 or 4 to me. 3-4 pretty boring songs and one garbage (who k!lled it).
 12-07-2006, 07:42 PM         #114
jacquie-o  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
interested to see what this album is bringing, if anything
 11 years ago '06        #115
sunsetnVine 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$8,772 | Props total: 3716 3716
ummmm... wow at this album.... even crazier at that movie sounding story tellin shyt who k!lled it. im deleting cuz ima buy it when it drops. People saying he wont do numbers. He prolly wont. But i guess thats good. Cuz bac in 92-95 niccaz wont selling and the best music came out. Rappers got fed n lazy.... everyone need 2 step ya game up.. cuz u getting bootlegged regardless....

o yeah.... NY hip hop is back..... 70-80's babies stand up!!!!

Last edited by sunsetnVine; 12-07-2006 at 07:48 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #116
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
I'm a Nas fan but I must say Kindgdom Come > Hip Hop Is Dead.

There are five good tracks on the Nas. Numbers 1,2,7,8,9. The one with Snoop is ok. The rest can go in the recycle bin. I love Nas as a lyricist but its not entertaining. Boring a.ss beats. I love illmatic, stillmatic, it was written, even godson better than this sh*t. He needs some more Alchemist and Jay to pick his damn beats. Nas has become a man of bad taste. sh*t is so boring. Listen to the rest of this album when I need help going to sleep.

What the fu*k is number 6 and 14!!!!!!!!

Creativity doesn't equal dopeness. This is what Nas needs to get instilled in his brain.

Last edited by VerballyAbusive; 12-07-2006 at 08:06 PM..
 12-07-2006, 08:18 PM         #117
:FIREWORKS:  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at first listen i was unsure bout some of the tracks and loved some

but now im feeling 95% of the album hard...
 11 years ago '05        #118
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
9/10, I've got a review written.
 11 years ago '05        #119
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 1694 1694
 VerballyAbusive said:
I'm a Nas fan but I must say Kindgdom Come > Hip Hop Is Dead.

There are five good tracks on the Nas. Numbers 1,2,7,8,9. The one with Snoop is ok. The rest can go in the recycle bin. I love Nas as a lyricist but its not entertaining. Boring a.ss beats. I love illmatic, stillmatic, it was written, even godson better than this sh*t. He needs some more Alchemist and Jay to pick his damn beats. Nas has become a man of bad taste. sh*t is so boring. Listen to the rest of this album when I need help going to sleep.

What the fu*k is number 6 and 14!!!!!!!!

Creativity doesn't equal dopeness. This is what Nas needs to get instilled in his brain.
6 = Parody on rapper nowadays, getting good beats but can't rap well.

14 = Nostalgia feeling, the Unforgettable (Nat King Cole) sample is pure dope.
 12-07-2006, 08:38 PM         #120
DJ Fukalya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I took the Hope Acapella and two instrumentals. One from Timbaland, one from 9th Wonder. Then I put snippets of the Jeezy interview where he talking greasy about Nas. I mixed all these together in Microsoft Movie Maker. Microsoft Movie Maker is a movie editing program that comes standard with Windows XP. It's so easy to use, that you could've done this yourself if you played around with it. Took me around an hour and a half. It was fun. I thought I'd experiment and see what I could do with Microsoft Movie Maker instead of opening up my music making program. This ain't no professional mix. It's 90bmp and Nas is off-beat as hell. There's no fixing it. Truss.
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy