Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (2006)

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
104 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Offset got a new $70k Ric Flair chain
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Snoop Dogg Issues Warning To George Zimmerman: I Have Jay-Z’s Back
89 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM         #41
ILLMATIC_RIDAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ haha... u dun put that sh*t on a classic lp..fu*ks the whole thing up
 12-07-2006, 11:38 AM         #42
Andre3000  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll l Track 6 Got Me Dying
 12-07-2006, 11:51 AM         #43
SHiest_buBB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who the hell is this guy nas?
 12-07-2006, 11:51 AM         #44
thehogue  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
eveybodies a rapper but few flow fatal, its f*cked it started from 2 turntables....

nas is the man ... whoeva said production aint good enough are idiots... maybe yall should jus link up w/ nas on his next album then
 11 years ago '05        #45
cw10304 
space
space
$927 | Props total: 0 0
This Is A Classic If Your Meaning Of Classic Is A Very Good Album I Just Think n*ggas Need To Remove The Classic From The 5 Star Rating Because A Classic Album Is A Album That Was Of The Highest Quality Or Standard Of Albums Of That Time. So When We Look Back At This Era 5,10,15 Years From Now And See How It Holds Up With Other Albums Of This Era Then We Can Call It A Classic, But For Now Its A Very Good Album
 11 years ago '06        #46
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
album of the year... 4/5
 11 years ago '04        #47
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
no The N? wtf?
 12-07-2006, 12:26 PM         #48
BigH1987  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm not sure if it's the true album, as a lot of the tracks are different than the previous tracklists. The first song is supposed to be Don't Hate Me Now, for example.
 11 years ago '04        #49
mace999 
space
space
$958 | Props total: 0 0
I could eat my words here as I'm still dl ..... but why the fu*k everyone want a Will.I.Am beat .... I have never heard a good beat from him and Nas has got 3 !?!? Why not do a Christina Aguilera and get Dj Premier to do the whole cd
 11 years ago '04        #50
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 BigH1987 said:
I'm not sure if it's the true album, as a lot of the tracks are different than the previous tracklists. The first song is supposed to be Don't Hate Me Now, for example.
I aggre with you, allot of tracks are clean, theres missing good track...

The real song hope has a tight beat, this accapela sh*t is weak...

1. Don't Hate Me Now
2. QB Tru G'S
3. Black Republican
4. Where Y'all at
5. Play on Playa
6. Still Dreaming
7. White Man's Paper
8. Blunt Ashes
9. Hip Hop Is Dead
10. Where Are They Now
11. Let There Be Light
12. Not Going Back
13. An't Forget About You
14. Hold Down the Block

Last edited by djinferno; 12-07-2006 at 12:46 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #51
authenic 6 heat pts
space
space
$5,229 | Props total: 1821 1821
This album is what streets disicple should've been... This is prolly his 4th best album

order
It was Written
Illmatic
stillmatic
hiphop is dead/Streets disciple
 11 years ago '04        #52
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 WhoDat said:
I got my $15 for the day it drops. I hope he moves units. If this dont sell, then hip hop aint dead, but it's dying because people will buy enough records for "Snap Music" to go platinum, but Nas is Hip Hop.

Nas is the god mc. This is a classic album
15 bucks? Where you copping from? Mom and Pop shop?

Best buy/Circuit city 9.99 sale special homie.
 12-07-2006, 12:46 PM         #53
smoketrees  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3rd listen...starting to grow on me
 11 years ago '04        #54
marshall law 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,421 | Props total: 71 71
I think track 6 (Who k!lled It) is a take on that old detective show Columbo, where dude is trying to track down who k!lled hip-hop (get it?). That strange voice is how Columbo (actor Peter Falk) used to sound.

I'm feelin the album on a first listen (won't rate it until at least 3 or 4 listens), but I'm VERY pissed that Don't Hate Me Now (The N) was taken off the album--that was a perfect opening track IMO.

And what's up with the HHID track being the clean version? I hope it's only like that on these leaks of the album--I'm not trying to hear that when I buy it. Also, can't wait until someone ups that I-Tunes only track Shine On.

Last edited by marshall law; 12-07-2006 at 12:59 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #55
Jigga11w 
space
space
$480 | Props total: 0 0
HIP HOP IS DEAD - my honest Review( VS. kingdom Come)

First of all some of yall had me expecting some trash as far as the beats.. No its not Just Blaze, Kanye West and Dr Dre on everybeat but its tight. Nas doesnt need beats in the same way Jay does cuz Nas' flow isnt what makes him great. This album is also the reason i said in my Kingdom Come review that YOU HAVE TO RATE ALBUMS BASED ON THE CURRENT STATE OF HIPHOP. not against illmatic, stillmatic, life after death, all eyez on me, blueprint etc. First off I'm gonna say I'm a Jay fan, but once again Nas reminded me of why my list goes 1. Biggie 2. Nas 3. Jay. I thought kingdom come was the album of the year SO FAR. i also thought Kingdom Come was a 4.25-4.5. BUT the thing is that Hip Hop is Dead is not a classic, or maybe it is after one full listen it is probably the album of the year. This album makes me think of 01' when Blueprint dropped, cuz right when i thought jay came the best that year nas dropped stillmatic. Unlike Jigga, nas has came back and showed off his ability, the lyrics, the rhyme scheme. everything. While i think Jay was trying to prove he could do anythin (Beach Chair, Lost Ones, Show me what you got). I think Nas was more hungry than any rapper this year. cuz ONCE AGAIN. people on this board and in hiphop forgot this was the same man that created Illmatic, It Was Written, Stillmatic, The Lost Tapes. they foregot because of Streets Disciple. Money Over Bullsh*t, You Cant k!ll me, Black Republican, Still Dreaming, Hold Down the Block, Let There Be light, Hustlers. All tight tracks. and the other ones are also good. just didnt catch my ear at first listen like the other ones did.. Based on the current year of hiphop THIS IS as close to a classic as your going to get. The album is a 4.5-4.75. Nas proved he aint dead.(but hip hop is)lol

This albums just shows you how a rappers mind set truely affects his material. Nas was hungry Jay wasnt. and thats the biggest difference im getting from these albums. and i still think Jay Came through on Kingdom Come but Nas just makes me realize who is truely better at the end of the day.

PEACE !!
 11 years ago '04        #56
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Andre3000 said:
15 "Hustlers" Dr. Dre The Game, Marsha of Floetry

I guess this is the only way Game will be rocking over a Dr. Dre beat huh.
 11 years ago '04        #57
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
I hope it's not official because the track selection of what made it and what got left off is sad...

"Where yall at" is vintage Nas and would not be left out IMO, "Hip Hop is dead" is Edited on this rip, That week accapela replaces a really dope beat from that song and track 6 has no business there...
 12-07-2006, 01:18 PM         #58
yankeex7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well slippin from dmxs album was edited.. maybe that murder the dj line got too many complants and they took it off the final version.. in fact, id be willing to bet on that theory
 11 years ago '06        #59
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
i've only gotten thru the first 3 songs so far.....i hope all these 'trash' songs start hittin me soon cuz so far song 1 and 3 are straight nas fire....song 2 is nice too, not feelin it as much as 1,3, but dayum...i'm excited. these beats are nas so far....what the fu*k ppl complainin about

lol i guess i gotta listen to the rest now...hope album doesn't completely turn on me.
 12-07-2006, 01:22 PM         #60
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ 50% saying CLASSIC when it JUST leaked
Home      

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
83 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
124 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
90 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
53 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
69 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
173 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
80 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
36 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy