Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (2006)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
163 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
31 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
45 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #21
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
As a big Nas fan, and i mean big, I like only parts of the album....

Like all his albums, theres a good message but songs like track 6 make me go huh?

I too think the beat selection is sub par for todays standards even with strong Vocab...

I guess Nas is right, Hip Hop is dead because, if you don't have a dope beat, I can't listen to you babble for 4 minutes... Right now I like Fat Joe's, Games, Jay-Z album better on beats alone...

I had a hard time with Lupe's album too for the same reasons...

The business of hip hop has changed and I think Nas needs to stop f!ghting it and pay the Neptunes and the Timbo's of this world the money to get the hot beats because these message driven album's won't sell IMO, we know you for real Esco, now spitt on some hot sh*t and k!ll these fools out here...

On that note, I can't wait for some D-Block to come out Kiss is that dude!

Last edited by djinferno; 12-07-2006 at 09:43 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #22
rjayasin 
space
space
space
$979 | Props total: 20 20
Nas namedrops almost as much as Game does....

Listening now, really like some of these tracks but some are definitely just egh....
 11 years ago '04        #23
WhoDat 
space
space
space
$167 | Props total: 0 0
 djinferno said:

The business of hip hop has changed and I think Nas needs to stop f!ghting it and pay the Neptunes and the Timbo's of this world the money to get the hot beats because these message driven album's won't sell IMO, we know you for real Esco, now spitt on some hot sh*t and k!ll these fools out here...
You're right about that. The business has changed. But if people today just wanna hear hot beats then they should just cop an instrumental CD. There's more to rap than hot beats. Especially when a lyricist like Nas is concerned. "babbling" ?!?! a fan of someones work wouldnt consider rapping over a wack beat "babbling"...his rhymes are still on point,
 11 years ago '04        #24
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
At least 4.25 I guess. Wasn't expecting a lot honestly, so wasn't disappointed in that sense. It's cool off first listen, nothing spectacular to me, will have to listen a couple more times and in the whip before I get a real good feel I guess

Edit: The last track really closed out the album well, damn. The album goes up to a 4.5 off that sh*t for me (first listen still)

Last edited by Jamaro85; 12-07-2006 at 10:19 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #25
waggdagod 
space
space
space
$278 | Props total: 0 0
what do u guys think about the voice he doing on who k!lled it its different
 12-07-2006, 10:40 AM         #26
Snyder  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't believe ni99as is already dubbing this classic
 11 years ago '04        #27
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 WhoDat said:
You're right about that. The business has changed. But if people today just wanna hear hot beats then they should just cop an instrumental CD. There's more to rap than hot beats. Especially when a lyricist like Nas is concerned. "babbling" ?!?! a fan of someones work wouldnt consider rapping over a wack beat "babbling"...his rhymes are still on point,

Dude, i did not say the album was wack, I said the beats could be better...
to me track 6 sounds like babbling, his voice is different and the beat is just, well the break beat "Eric B type sh*t" is tight but to me it's wasted on some story telling that makes no sense... I guess it's the voice he makes up... Anyway, to me the sh*t is wack...

As a fan, I think that Nas needs to change it up just a little to get sales up, thats all and I only say that because I'm a old dude so I get Esco but them new cats might miss it and since I care about his rap, i'm thhinking he should upgrade certain aspects of his sh*t to get sales... Like Joey Crack did...

Sales is the reason why these new rappers even attempt to attack nasty in the first place...

Read carefully man, todays game is about a tight beat and a hot flow, instumental alone is not going to do it for you...

Exemple, I can spitt a verse but no matter the beat, I can't be hotter then Nas because hes better then me, but if Nas raps on a wack beat, guys that don't know sh*t might think that I'm hotter.... Now i think you are going to agree with me that theres more cats out there that don't know then ones that do...
 11 years ago '04        #28
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 waggdagod said:
what do u guys think about the voice he doing on who k!lled it its different

sh*ts wack and disturbing... with his real voice, thats the best track onj the album, what a shame
 12-07-2006, 10:48 AM         #29
smacked  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
a few bangin songs, a few good, a few average

beats could def been better, i nearly fell asleep a couple of times
 11 years ago '05        #30
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 djinferno said:
As a big Nas fan, and i mean big, I like only parts of the album....

Like all his albums, theres a good message but songs like track 6 make me go huh?

I too think the beat selection is sub par for todays standards even with strong Vocab...

I guess Nas is right, Hip Hop is dead because, if you don't have a dope beat, I can't listen to you babble for 4 minutes... Right now I like Fat Joe's, Games, Jay-Z album better on beats alone...

I had a hard time with Lupe's album too for the same reasons...

On that note, I can't wait for some D-Block to come out Kiss is that dude!

Church my dude!
 11 years ago '04        #31
Kaotic 
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 0 0
hahahhaaa nas on who k!lled it

HAHA thats ether to nas that cna b used by the dipset stans
 11 years ago '06        #32
Rique 58 heat pts58
space
space
$40,438 | Props total: 17839 17839
this aint no classic lol...
this sh*t aint even that hot right now so no way itll be hot in the future.
 12-07-2006, 10:58 AM         #33
jackus9  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow. just...wow. i'm speechless. let there be light - track 12. holy sh*t. i held back on the samplers and sh*t and wow. this is the best album in recent memory to me. better than kingdom come, way better than doctor's advocate.

the man can rap
 11 years ago '04        #34
WhoDat 
space
space
space
$167 | Props total: 0 0
 djinferno said:
Read carefully man, todays game is about a tight beat and a hot flow, instumental alone is not going to do it for you...

Exemple, I can spitt a verse but no matter the beat, I can't be hotter then Nas because hes better then me, but if Nas raps on a wack beat, guys that don't know sh*t might think that I'm hotter.... Now i think you are going to agree with me that theres more cats out there that don't know then ones that do...
No doubt....i agree with you there. Some know and some dont.

You AND this album does make me realize that times have changed for sure. It HAS been like half a decade since stillmatic.
 11 years ago '05        #35
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
to everyone talking about sales...fu*k sales...nas released a banger and people who enjoy real hip hop will appreciate that and cop
 12-07-2006, 11:14 AM         #36
mrw91  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is retail? oficial version?
 11 years ago '04        #37
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 Truth33 said:
to everyone talking about sales...fu*k sales...nas released a banger and people who enjoy real hip hop will appreciate that and cop
Really?

Numbers matter for shure homey, why do you think all these producers are getting more shine then the artists...

Nitty, Jazzy Phe, Dre, Dr, Dre, Timo, Neptunes, 9th wonder, Kanye, Alcemist, Manny Fresh etc...

Listen closely and you will notice that those cats are almost taking over the game, they all are learning to rap....

These artist better be carefull and start learning to make there own hot beats because these beatmakers are going to run em broke and challenge there flow all at the same time...

n*ggaz betta wake the fu*k up to this new day...

Last edited by djinferno; 12-07-2006 at 11:21 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #38
Truth33 19 heat pts19
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 810 810
"I can't sound smart cause yall'll run away
Say Im not hungry no more, and I don't talk about yay
Like theres no other way for an ex-hustler
Cake getter, ex-wig splitter to touch ya - I beg to differ"
 12-07-2006, 11:29 AM         #39
ILLMATIC_RIDAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the fu*ks up wit track 6???
 11 years ago '04        #40
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
 ILLMATIC_RIDAH said:
the fu*ks up wit track 6???
it's a sad situation

someone e-mail nas and tell him to remove that nonsence...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy