Nas - Hip Hop is Dead (2006)

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
25 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What You Think????
1-Wack 51 3.91%
2-Mediocre 46 3.52%
3-Good but expected more 155 11.88%
4-Nas Came through 542 41.53%
Classic and nothin less!!!! 511 39.16%
Voters: 1305. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #221
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 2260 2260
the beats arent amazing but htey fit the album perfectly and Nas' lyrics are above all mainstream albums released this year. I give it a 4.5/5 and if he woulda had better beats like with God Son or Stillmatic it would prbably be a classic but beats dont make this a bad album it actually helps it show Nas' lyrical ability and flow.
 12-10-2006, 02:41 AM         #222
ILLMATIC_RIDAH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k this album gets better the more plays...i think this might even be a classic
 12-10-2006, 02:58 AM         #223
ILLmag 7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5

nuttin mo'

nuttin less

12-10-2006, 04:23 AM         #224
graydome  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
listening to it for about the 4th time now... easy a 4/5... maybe even better. Lyrically this album is insane
 11 years ago '06        #225
naptownsfinest2 
space
space
space
$100 | Props total: 0 0
Been bumpin this joint all week and have to say this is one of the best if the not best album of 2006 but i still cant give it a classic rating has to stand the test of time but with all that said.... 4/5
 12-10-2006, 09:17 PM         #226
Dr. X  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 hot some of the beats could of been better
 12-10-2006, 09:37 PM         #227
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
after my first listen its a solid 4.5/5
 11 years ago '06        #228
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
sh*t heard it and its worth my money .....damn ....i dunno what came over me but I was high as hell and i heard that Still Dreaming track..that sh*t had me feelin the vibe mad good...my a.ss wa son the couch rockin and sh*t to the beat smoove..had the lights down...then closed my eyes..woke up and it was mornin and it looped back at the same song lol
 11 years ago '04        #229
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
^^ Try "Money Over Bullsh*t" that way. WOW!!

Best CD of the year once again, bumping it while a lay down for sleep and it's a 5/5 for me.
 12-11-2006, 10:37 AM         #230
Ocho  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hands Down in my top 5 albums This is what hip hop needed to be snatched up a little bit
 11 years ago '06        #231
DrunkenBoxer 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,487 | Props total: 6 6
Im feelin this cd.
You did a great job Nas.

Classic
 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM         #232
lyonsm316  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album is one of the best I have heard in a while, not to put down any of the other albums this year because there have been some great great albums but Nas has always been on another level!
 11 years ago '06        #233
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
he left alotta good songs off it
 11 years ago '04        #234
Zirov 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,457 | Props total: 420 420
Im a Nas fan so I gave this 4

"blunt ashes" is so nice, C.Webber came through, and Nas k!lled that hook...

Though im still getting used to "who k!lled it

its probably hip hop album of the year
 12-12-2006, 07:16 AM         #235
rebelus  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Benny_0505 said:
honnestly ppl on the bx make me laugh......any fu*kin album that comes out....right away they re like : OMG its a classic !!! LOLOL
like come on guys...first of all i love nas...i respect his talent....i just dont understand how ppl put this in the classic section.....i dunno but for me i put only a couple of albums on that list : DOGGYSTYLE ENTER 36 CHAMBERS READY TO DIE but not this.....come on ...its a ok album...but ive heard wayyy better nas b4 and honnestly the beats arent really that hot.....the only big big souding beat is the one with jay....plus that crazy number 6 track is really making wanna blow my brains its too much....dont get me wrong i like nas but damn ...i think his marketting on this was like ok ill try and sound old school ....and yes it sounds old school ...but its not a classic
the only track that i truly love EVERYTHING ABOUT is the first one and the one with jay.....i still believe ppl that are like CLASSIC !!!! LOLOLOL how could you say that ....pac must be turning in his grave...its like ppl saying devils advocate is a classic !!! OMGGGG a good rapper yes.....but EVERY track is the same i wanna sound like DRE with fake DRE beats LOLOLOL

i wanna see the classic poll choice removed....too many ppl abuse it

Ya this album is not classic but at the same time this album is dope. There is a lot of tracks that I do feel and it isn't all about the beats its about the lyrics. But with the production just being ok, that is why this album isn't classic. Nas versatile style never stops. Every album he puts out he is trying something new and that is what makes him a great mc.
 11 years ago '06        #236
B Ray 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,371 | Props total: 4593 4593
this good sh*t from nas. what bad production is these n*ggas listening 2. the only bad production I'm hearing right now is that wack as akon album along with jeezy sophmore sh*t. jeezy had way better production on that first album.
 12-12-2006, 02:44 PM         #237
PTL3rdpersonPGC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3/5 it had it's moments but it didn't do much for me. The production is a.ss. Someone with Nas' prestige should be able to do a little better than this as far as selecting beats for an album. Bold statement to say hip hop is dead then drop a mediocre album.

Edit: And I think because there's so much sh*tty music out there people are starting to lower their standard as to what a classic is

Last edited by PTL3rdpersonPGC; 12-12-2006 at 02:46 PM..
 12-12-2006, 03:04 PM         #238
demonsandskulls  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas Iz Back!!!!
 11 years ago '04        #239
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
I still haven't given it enough listen to rate it. And where the hell is the grouprip at, the real one. This sh*t will hit stores before it gets a proper rip
 12-12-2006, 08:05 PM         #240
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
I still haven't given it enough listen to rate it. And where the hell is the grouprip at, the real one. This sh*t will hit stores before it gets a proper rip

I KNOW RIGHT
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
128 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy