Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

most viewed right now
Jeezy – American Dream (ft. Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole)
92 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
25 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 11 years ago '06        #121
NOCCOWT 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,480 | Props total: 257 257
NAs said that?
 11 years ago '05        #122
claydoe803 
space
space
$452 | Props total: 55 55
Hip Hop Is Dead Because Of Groups Like D4l
 11 years ago '04        #123
ike! 4 heat pts
space
space
$822 | Props total: 100 100
 katalist said:
You couldnt contradict any more then what you just posted
You diss the south and then say hiphop needs unity
The south is hustling, get over it
i didn't diss the south. i'm stating facts. the south has garbage artists just like the eat or west does... in every place in the world there are sh*tty fu*king artists who put out absolute sh*t music. it was the sh*t, bottom of the barrel rappers that first caught feelings from nas' album title, and it eventually turned the heads of some of the better ones (a/k/a t.i). that's all i'm saying.
 12-07-2006, 05:00 PM         #124
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 claydoe803 said:
Hip Hop Is Dead Because Of Groups Like D4l
:applause: :applause: :banghead:

But let not forget the new new york artist aint really popping, i.e Mims dude sound like he all the way down south..

P.S: if it wasnt for vets like Jay,Nas,Ghost and even if u hip-hop puritian hate to admit it 50 ny would not be relevant on a national scale... much less wouldnt be too much good music.. and Busta and Lloyd tatoo Ny on themselve and tool a huge "L"

Gimme my dam props

Last edited by DINER0; 12-07-2006 at 05:02 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #125
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 ChokeHold said:
Jay-z put the game on life support for atleast another year with his album. now if we could only get artists like joe budden some shine rap will be on the right track again
For what, so Buddens can go Wood like he did with his first wack album. Here is NY
s problem, i'll use a baseball analogy. They have some high priced talent (Hov, Nas) but they just don't have the farm system to raise up and coming talent. The talent is few and far between. Those mixtape dudes (saigon, pap, buddens, etc.) can't cut it in today's market, they just won't. They also dont have it in them to make a classic album or some groundbreaking sh*t that will garner their city some attention. These old dudes can only hold it down for the city for oh so long. At the end of this decade you will have hella NY rappers pushing 40 or over 40.
 11 years ago '04        #126
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 DINER0 said:
:applause: :applause: :banghead:

But let not forget the new new york artist aint really popping, i.e Mims dude sound like he all the way down south..

P.S: if it wasnt for vets like Jay,Nas,Ghost and even if u hip-hop puritian hate to admit it 50 ny would not be relevant on a national scale... much less wouldnt be too much good music.. and Busta and Lloyd tatoo Ny on themselve and tool a huge "L"

Gimme my dam props
exactly
 12-07-2006, 05:21 PM         #127
deez_got_it89  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
props good read
 11 years ago '04        #128
TwinCaliber2kz 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,482 | Props total: 1885 1885
nas ain't bad,u hatin a.ss hatas,sh*t is pretty fiya... bumpin dat sh*t right now... hold ya tongues fu*kas
 11 years ago '05        #129
tonydeals 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
Walks in thread...reads a few posts from some ignorant nigs...laughs at Jeezy, Wayne, and D4L catchin feelings about Jay & Nas cause they feel threatened....leaves knowing that NY run this sh*t still...
 11 years ago '05        #130
brooklyn2philly 46 heat pts46
space
space
$1,016 | Props total: 1667 1667
As Always Walking Around The Question Nas Is A Liar But Homie Can Spit
 12-07-2006, 09:49 PM         #131
Mushface  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DINER0 said:
Pitchfork: So you think there's a place for groups like Dem Franchize Boyz?

Nas: Definitely. To the South's credit, they kept the lights on in hip-hop for at least two years. And I rock with all their records. Hip-hop ain't died because of the South, that's retarded. When I named the album originally, I thought I bit off more than I could chew but you'd be an idiot to think I'm talking about how the South k!lled hip-hop or how New York isn't where it should be or where it once was. It was like, "Damn, I need to explain this?" But I thought, "Nah, the proof is right there. We should know what it is." I expect the hip-hop audience to be avant garde. I want them to be where I'm at or beyond where I'm at.

Thank you Mr. Jones for calling it like it is....People hate on NAS because he speaks the truth and people don't want to hear the truth so they hate to divert attention from the truth...
 11 years ago '05        #132
CMar22 5 heat pts
space
space
$6,673 | Props total: 715 715
 Jamaro85 said:
Pretty much made a fool of all the guys coming at him who think he's discrediting them with the album title
true.... but if the shoe fits wear it
 11 years ago '04        #133
sleepycara 
space
space
$1,021 | Props total: 0 0
problem is damn soundscan sh*t . there plenty of albums that come out that are hot and just don't get enough spins on the radio . the artist don't get enough promotion from there labels 1 video and thats that "album" sucks . labels just want to work with there high profile artist and fck the rest , instead of showin all the artist the same love as a high profile artist ..another reason why "Nas" said hiphop is dead..fck soundscans !!!! im outs 1...

Nas - Not Going Back.
 12-08-2006, 07:53 AM         #134
dre4dollas  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas must be on his period or something...And he still hasn't cited the reason for his whole "Hip hop is dead" campaign.

1. If anything he is part of this "death" also..He hasn't dropped anything hot since Stillmatic (true). He is part of the reason that the south has "taken over" rap.

2. The south hasn't put out anything that could shut the north down. The north shut it's own self down with all that wack sh*t. Why do you think it was so easy for someone like 50 cent to bully his way to the top of NY(not saying he's the best either)????

3. He is jealous that someone doesn't have to read books or spit all that conscious type sh*t to make a hit record. Look at our president George W. Bush. He is definitely not the smartest but he runs sh*t (not right but he runs sh*t).

Why won't the n*gga just retire if he is so mad at the state of hip hop. Jump off a tall building and k!ll yourself. Take some time to fu*k your new wifey and stop complaining all the time. Might be the reason why Jay-Z and Iverson fu*ked yo baby mama, cuz you always worrying about other n*ggas.

^^^Oh yeah and he signed wit dat n*gga too..What a cornball
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
197 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
84 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
275 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
19 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
56 comments
1 day ago