Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
84 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
17 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #101
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$832 | Props total: 0 0
LOL yall nigg@s is emotional...... "HIP HOP IS DEAD" there is not betta album title that and its a classic........cuz he has no promo and everybody speakin his name.......and his album is out less than 2 weeks LOLOLOL ..... fu*k that NaS name the sh*t whatever he wants......he aint tryin to cover nuffin up he could careless do u know his history????? nobody can fu*k wit his music tho and u could bet on that
 12-07-2006, 08:25 AM         #102
Playboysoldier  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
.........they did k!ll hip hop.

nas lying like a muh-fu*ka
 12-07-2006, 09:16 AM         #103
bUsSa BrOwN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Pretty much made a fool of all the guys coming at him who think he's discrediting them with the album title
word... thinkin the same thing
 12-07-2006, 09:30 AM         #104
Twinn  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
Pretty much made a fool of all the guys coming at him who think he's discrediting them with the album title

no. hes pretty much lyin to save record sales :banghead:
 12-07-2006, 09:37 AM         #105
SeaN diggz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $HOWTIME 17 said:
south blows up. takes over hip hop. now all of a sudden he thinks hip hop is dead. its obvious what he meant

i think my new mixtape gone be called "YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: THE REBIRTH"

wow

*writes that down*

;)

who the fu*k is poppin in the south right now??

all over all you hear about is jay-z, the new nas

what is the south doing right now?

who in the south is touring in LONDON IN CHINA WITH GHOST FACE

who in the south is doing numberS over sea's and rsc's.

the south runs nothing they run a segment of the world a fu*king partion caterd to only south people if you didnt know that u dumb a.ss .

that south dosent make it further then the south case close
 11 years ago '05        #106
BIGP02 
space
space
$60 | Props total: 0 0
 BTiZZLe said:
the south is hip hops savior
sure is right on that, with out the south n*ggaz wont be getting crunk or even here about the real stuggle we go through. most southern rappers be on the realist sh*t you ever heard esspecially with there lyrics

Top 5 not in order
Bun B
Mistah()
Killer Mike
Ludacris
Chamillionaire
 12-07-2006, 09:48 AM         #107
PSmitty4956  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darquecinnamon said:

and 4 the n*ggas that responded back to nas...if they knew they was makin good music..they wouldn't have said a damn thing and kept it movin. There is a saying...only the guilty speak...n*ggas incriminated themselves

she smart yo. Tho i think some one said it earlier hip hop was headed in one direction and it got completely thrown in another by the south. I aint sayin the south is terrible, i mean i would never buy a southern rappers cd, but its got its place. Nas is a smart guy he aint 50 tryin to take on a whole industry. He's tryin to bring the heart of hip hop back and keep it growing in the direction it was as well as the new direction. But the nas kind of hip hop stopped growing completely. Thats why we think its dead. And why technically the south is k!llin the hip hop we love.
 12-07-2006, 10:52 AM         #108
jae phill  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am sorry but south music is full of ignorance gives a bad name to REAL HIP HOP.

call me whatever give hate but truth is south rappers are the ones coming out with this ignorant image on our tv sets. The south is too close minded for me to even consider listening to it. They dont expand their minds they stuck on cars money and girls. Now a days all this south rappers music come bundled with stupid a.ss dance moves that have a bunch of idiots replicating this on our streets.

the sh*t that k!lls me the most is that all this rappers specially south acts admire scrface when in reality this motherfu*ker hated black people in the movie HE WAS RACIST. But they still idolize him lol hahaha talk about being a dumbass & ignorant.
 11 years ago '04        #109
Tikyle2 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,775 | Props total: 1103 1103
 tazbk said:
All them dudes were/are nice with the exception of Eightball and MJG but they werent RUNNING hiphop. You completely missed the point. No sh*t those artists were around making banging albums but The focus wasn't on the south in 98 or 99 or 2000. You made the statement that they kept the lights on for 8 years. They were contributing then but it wasn't like it is now. And you talked about fads, the south is one big fad right now. That whole Houston movement and Miami movement so forth and so on is a big fad.

I feel you on that but the "South" isn't snap music and b00ty shake. The club music out now is south dominated. That's what should be said. Back in the 90's Bad Boy and Pac and DMX and Ja were in the club AND on the streets. Now the club music is where the units are and the "South" has that right now. Club music ISN'T hip hop but that's a whole nother thread. The whole point is if you group together a region then you're talking about a fad. If you talk about who's hot then that's different. I mean NY was 1st then LA then back to NY then Midwest now the South. It's all fad but as far as keeping hip hop going it's the real artist putting in work. Outkast sold at least 6 million copies of their last album (before Idlewild) so they WERE and still ARE running it.
 11 years ago '05        #110
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
Hip Hop Is Dead
 11 years ago '04        #111
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Tikyle2 said:
I feel you on that but the "South" isn't snap music and b00ty shake. The club music out now is south dominated. That's what should be said. Back in the 90's Bad Boy and Pac and DMX and Ja were in the club AND on the streets. Now the club music is where the units are and the "South" has that right now. Club music ISN'T hip hop but that's a whole nother thread. The whole point is if you group together a region then you're talking about a fad. If you talk about who's hot then that's different. I mean NY was 1st then LA then back to NY then Midwest now the South. It's all fad but as far as keeping hip hop going it's the real artist putting in work. Outkast sold at least 6 million copies of their last album (before Idlewild) so they WERE and still ARE running it.
One hip-hop group (Outkast) k!lling it with sales doesn't mean that a region was running it. I own every Outkast CD, and the first couple of Goodie Mob joints, but with the exception of T.I., I don't own any other CD from an artist from the South unless you want to count the Clipse. In turns of quote unquote real hip-hop, there isn't really anyone from the south that I check for. Don't get it twisted, I aint mad at the south music, like you said the sh*t is/was going in cycles. I let them do them. They getting they shine now. All I'm saying is that their shine is brighter now in the past 3 or 4 years than it was in 96-2000 while the other regions aint holding it down like they used to (West & East). It's all love.
 11 years ago '05        #112
yunsta 25 heat pts25
space
space
$1,919 | Props total: 626 626
or maybe he pulled a game once the heat was on him. and flip flopped
 12-07-2006, 02:38 PM         #113
CrunkPopeye2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
check my sig again u a**holes
 11 years ago '06        #114
$C-Brisc$ 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,132 | Props total: 444 444
 Jamaro85 said:
exactly tru...
 11 years ago '05        #115
ChokeHold 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,971 | Props total: 23 23
Jay-z put the game on life support for atleast another year with his album. now if we could only get artists like joe budden some shine rap will be on the right track again
 12-07-2006, 03:03 PM         #116
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pharmacist said:
nasty NaS is a Genius

Personal Definition of a Genius?

An Mc whose can get the attention of All Three Coasts and the Midwest

2 ALL pay attention 2 just a small statement (simple but complex and promotion that promotes itself without not work at all b'cuz the fans and the dumbasses will help it 2 get communicated 2 the masses)

***whew***

and they say NaS smokes 2 much weed (laughes)
and when the masses.... such as a WHOLE ENTIRE REGION like da south take offense......... you end up losin a large portion of ur sales. Its not gone make me as a georgia boy go buy his sh*t cuz i think he dissin us. :rolleyes: he lost
 12-07-2006, 03:06 PM         #117
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SeaN diggz said:
who the fu*k is poppin in the south right now??

all over all you hear about is jay-z, the new nas

what is the south doing right now?

who in the south is touring in LONDON IN CHINA WITH GHOST FACE

who in the south is doing numberS over sea's and rsc's.

the south runs nothing they run a segment of the world a fu*king partion caterd to only south people if you didnt know that u dumb a.ss .

that south dosent make it further then the south case close
ok but u turn on the radio and the tv (to ANY music station) and hear south artists

if u cant see that tha south is domintaing right now... WHERE THA FUCC HAVE YOU BEEN?
 12-07-2006, 03:30 PM         #118
kliquey  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
a CD title is always a big thing. its like the theme of an album, something with the title of a book, it tells you what you gonna hear about.
ever heard of, don't judge a book by its cover? anyway, i always thought hip hops been dead for the past 2-3years, just my opinion though.
 11 years ago '04        #119
Menace718 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,612 | Props total: 731 731
what you turn on and see on the tv isnt necessarily what hip hop is intended to be about to the fullest, you do know that right??? No matter what region is on tv, most of the sh*t is wack and repetitive. And i've never understood why so many people listen to radio and watch tv so much, use cds and your ipods dont yous get tired of constantly listening and watching the same sh*t over and over 5 times a day??? Gets old quick....
 12-07-2006, 03:47 PM         #120
PSmitty4956  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The only reason the south is offended is cuz they think its true. They think they are bullsh*t. (they mite be right) but you aint hear sh*t from Kanye and he is the loudest voice in hip hop. Cuz he know he still got that real sh*t.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
73 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
111 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
193 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
68 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy