Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
24 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
90 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-06-2006, 08:59 PM         #61
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 onicap said:
Nas is full of sh*t, he's just trying to save his own a.ss. Hip Hop never died, hip hop is a culture. He says its dying because of music that he doesnt personally like. Nas is a hater, for real. Theres all different types of rap music... it doesnt mean its dead. If its popular and thats what people wanna hear, thats not up to him to decide that hip hop is dead. Since when is he the ambassador for rap? Don't get me wrong, Nas from time to time makes good albums, and he makes sh*t albums too. So if I wanted to, I could say that hip hop is dead because they play Nas' music on the air. Another thing that bothers me about him is, when interviewed about 50 Cent's comments on Oprah, he's sitting there defending Oprah... n*gga please, Nas is one of those pro-black, anti-Uncle Tom cats. If 50 wouldn't have said it first, Nas would have called Oprah a white woman.
2pac and Biggie untimely death right after each other were crushing blows but Hip-Hop died after bobbito and strech went off the air follow by sway and tech.. the underground never really recovered ... :banghead:
 12-06-2006, 09:01 PM         #62
Yella Gurl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank you nas but the title was self explanatory
 12-06-2006, 09:14 PM         #63
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 onicap said:
Nas is full of sh*t, he's just trying to save his own a.ss. Hip Hop never died, hip hop is a culture. He says its dying because of music that he doesnt personally like. Nas is a hater, for real. Theres all different types of rap music... it doesnt mean its dead. If its popular and thats what people wanna hear, thats not up to him to decide that hip hop is dead. Since when is he the ambassador for rap? Don't get me wrong, Nas from time to time makes good albums, and he makes sh*t albums too. So if I wanted to, I could say that hip hop is dead because they play Nas' music on the air. Another thing that bothers me about him is, when interviewed about 50 Cent's comments on Oprah, he's sitting there defending Oprah... n*gga please, Nas is one of those pro-black, anti-Uncle Tom cats. If 50 wouldn't have said it first, Nas would have called Oprah a white woman.
ok again someone who does not read or does not interpret properly he has been saying he feels its the culture and not the music
 12-06-2006, 09:21 PM         #64
hoodytoreal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea, i dont even know, sometimes i read threads like this and cut myself, i bleed on myself, i like it..it feeelzzz good, i'm useing "z" to emphasize how good it feels...if i bleed into the ocean, right at the moment when the blood touched the water, 48+ dolphins swam up to me, and cried for me to stop, i love dolphins, do you?
 11 years ago '06        #65
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2277 2277
Lil John should be credited for most of the Souths success since Get Low brought the south into the limelight and every song since then has tried to emulate it in some way.
 11 years ago '06        #66
ltwjr610 
space
space
$345 | Props total: 0 0
IMO...if nas didnt wanna have anybody feel slighted by the this...he might have not wanted to name the album Hip-Hop is Dead...which will obviously bother people who are involved in Hip-Hop
 12-06-2006, 09:30 PM         #67
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
lol i see what u saying at first i thought u was just ignorant but u making some good points. hip-hop in a whole is dying not the rap scene but all the other elements are. u have to understand the era nas is from. thats the era of breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti, etc. so that part of hip hop is dead and we call all agree on that. now hip-hop is evolving but the passion is not there. n*ggaz don't even cipher anymore its like if i aint in a studio then i aint rapping. its all about the money the passion is done its dead. and rap is a passionate form of music u feel me?
and i can dig that too homie but..... i just find it funny nas comes wit this bullsh*t right NOW. he cant be talkin bout tha b boxin and all that..... cuz lol...... lets be real...... that sh*t was dead when he dropped his last 3 albums!!! aint it sholl wasnt a problem then

but u right that tha passion aint there and everythang is industry right now. and it seems like that wasnt a problem when he was eatin............ but hey, i guess it just is what it is. i know as a ture lyricist what he feels about these franchise acts................. and like ghostface, he prolly thought he could change tha game right back. now that he sees its tha culture now............ he kinda fallin back on that idea and rollin wit another aspect of the name

i guess its a matter of opinion and well never know tha truth..... even if we knew him. but i'm willin to bet everythang i got if tha fans were like "yeah fu*k these simple rappers they k!llin hiphop, go nas" that woulda been what tha meanin of his title was :rolleyes:
 12-06-2006, 09:35 PM         #68
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol and i just want everybody to keep in mind what i been sayin and reread that title

lol what a fucckin joke. can u say backhanded complement
 11 years ago '04        #69
skmagnum 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 4 4
I believe hip hop is an evolution. Did MC Hammer sound like Run DMC? Did Tupac Sound like MC Hammer? Does Jeezy sound like Tupac? The answer is no. Hip Hop is evolving to it's surroundings. When Run DMC was hot, they entertained thier audience and era. As well as Hammer, as well as Tupac, as well as the artist that performs today. Another point to consider is the number of pirated albums. We complain about quality but yet we burn and bootleg. I used DMC, Hammer, Pac, and Jeezy strictly for "era" reps times are changing as well as our music.
 11 years ago '04        #70
Pharmacist 
space
space
space
$218 | Props total: 0 0
nasty NaS is a Genius

Personal Definition of a Genius?

An Mc whose can get the attention of All Three Coasts and the Midwest

2 ALL pay attention 2 just a small statement (simple but complex and promotion that promotes itself without not work at all b'cuz the fans and the dumbasses will help it 2 get communicated 2 the masses)

***whew***

and they say NaS smokes 2 much weed (laughes)
 12-06-2006, 09:52 PM         #71
OVAPROOF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k THIS sh*t! this is wat i didnt want..he need to light a fire under some of them a.sses in the south ..dem franchise boys is trash nas kno that sh*t i hate wen n*ggas b frontin so they dont start static..fu*k that keep it on wack and murder these n*ggas..they are fu*kin hip hop up ...period
 12-06-2006, 09:57 PM         #72
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pharmacist said:
nasty NaS is a Genius

Personal Definition of a Genius?

An Mc whose can get the attention of All Three Coasts and the Midwest

2 ALL pay attention 2 just a small statement (simple but complex and promotion that promotes itself without not work at all b'cuz the fans and the dumbasses will help it 2 get communicated 2 the masses)

***whew***

and they say NaS smokes 2 much weed (laughes)
it would be genius if it actually translated into sales, which honestly i think he'll struggle to be platinum maybe im wrong maybe im right.
 11 years ago '06        #73
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,629 | Props total: 602 602
I can respect Nas' opinion and trying to salvage what he started, but you can tell that this is to get more sales. I'll respect a dude more if he stands by what he says no matter the outcome. But to say that the south kept the lights on for 2 years? We've been doing us since Geto Boys and never folded. Oh well, I might burn a song or two.
 12-06-2006, 10:22 PM         #74
Professa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree totally...thass wut i was saying...he wasnt referring to the south so they needa keep their mouths shut
 12-06-2006, 10:31 PM         #75
scientific_born  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BTiZZLe said:
the south is hip hops savior
rap music and hip hop is different.most stuff from the south is rap music.real talk
 11 years ago '04        #76
TwinCaliber2kz 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,474 | Props total: 1874 1874
i'm tired of all dis south vs east sh*t,we just gon wind up gettin into a bigger problem wit each other and have a war,cuz we obviously not gettin along... i don't know what da fu*k iz wrong wit ma'fu*ka nowadays,n*ggaz be on sum real sucka sh*t,shut da fu*k and make music and if u don't make music,shut da fu*k up and enjoy it and cut da bullsh*t... tru sh*t...everything gotta be problems,nit pickin like lil bi*ches,n*ggaz gettin a lil sensitive and sh*t,let nas name his album what he want,who was talkin sh*t about T.I. Callin his self da king?... pimp c gettin on tracks and dirtin on NY and wanna hold da West Up Like they da Realest n*ggaz alive,Nate Dogg and DJ Quik get on track dissin da souf nobody sayin nuffin,it just seem like da souf feel like they came up far enough to test n*ggaz up north,like we soft or something,lemme ask u why? We ever make ya'll n*ggaz feel outta place,ya'll can't just do ya'll thing??.. datz hard to do,u gotta conjure up hate and sh*t,make a n*gga hate,datz da wrong way to do sh*t,but whateva,DO YOU... whateva happens it'll be ya own fault,we just can't have a hood nba wit out some legends bein made off somebody else huh?get dis sh*t right,dis hip hop sh*t iz almost like all we got...together as a community,we don't go to boat clubs and sh*t,we got Hip Hop,So Let dis sh*t rock and stop actin like it's a coastel thing,i thought we was past that... n*ggaz followin history instead of makin future happen... backwards sh*t goin on here people

Last edited by TwinCaliber2kz; 12-06-2006 at 10:48 PM..
 12-06-2006, 10:52 PM         #77
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that south sh*t is funny to me how they gettin all mad over a album title
 12-06-2006, 10:54 PM         #78
onicap  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
ok again someone who does not read or does not interpret properly he has been saying he feels its the culture and not the music
it doesn't matter what Nas says anymore. By him implying that hip hop is dead or that its dying, that is his opinion. Hip hop will never die, even if they were to ban the entire culture. Nas thinks of himself too highly and guess what? its gonna come back to bite him in the a.ss when his album drops. Nas' last album was trash. What track did he use to sample for his first single, "Hip Hop Is Dead"? He sampled "Thief's Theme" from his previous album. What does that tell you? That his new album will be trash. The first single is supposed to capture what kind of feel the new album will have. And he sampled a track from an album that was garbage. What kind of artist does that? Hip Hop ain't dead, Nas' creative ability is dead. Nas' opinions don't matter anymore. He is not the ambassador for hip hop. I was always a big fan of his and I have bought damn near every album of his. But ever since he signed to Jay-Z, I realized something. Nas is getting to the point where he is becoming desperate to sell records like how he used to. I used to get hyped for his albums. Not anymore. I feel bad for all the fans that will be cheated with this next album. Black Republicans is a hot track, only cause Jay-Z is also on it and you hear a lil bit of the old Nas on there. Overall, I rate the new album a 2.5/5
 12-06-2006, 11:11 PM         #79
BX_LegendKiller  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas is the best rapper of all time... 2 aint even close its prolly jigga
 12-06-2006, 11:12 PM         #80
BX_LegendKiller  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
btw hip hop is dead cuz of puff diddy or watever that n*ggaz name is fu*k da south too
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
24 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
82 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
133 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy