Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
34 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
74 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM         #41
JMAINE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas thats that n*gga yo feel me
 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM         #42
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
I SEE WHAT U SAYING BUT WHEN U LOOK AT IT LIKE THAT THEN U GOTTA UNDERSTAND WHAT HE SAYING THESE WAS ALL THINGS THAT WAS ELEMENTS OF HIP HOP AND THEY FADING IF NOT FADED ALREADY U FEEL ME?
tru, i understand what he sayin but breakin was a fad, that pops up evry now and then, breakin isnt permenant, hip hop has hundreds of dances that came after breakin so he has to look at it like that too.
 11 years ago '06        #43
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,983 | Props total: 4011 4011
Man, this sh*t belongs in the MUSIC and RUMOR section. This sh*t aint NEWS.
 11 years ago '05        #44
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
About time someone got it....too many idiots in here!

divine5 said:
Nas said Hip Hop is dead because people are in it for the money now, not the love of music. It doesn't have anthing to do with regions.
 12-06-2006, 05:44 PM         #45
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip-hop Is Dead
 12-06-2006, 05:45 PM         #46
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Man, this sh*t belongs in the MUSIC and RUMOR section. This sh*t aint NEWS.
This aint no rumor this is straight fact: HIP-HOP IS DEAD :applause:
 11 years ago '04        #47
Ljayhova15 
space
space
space
$78 | Props total: 0 0
 divine5 said:
Nas said Hip Hop is dead because people are in it for the money now, not the love of music. It doesn't have anthing to do with regions.
tue statement just wanted to elaborate on it a lil......we are losing the culture...HIP-HOP...RAP- IS THE THE PRIMARY LANGUAGE....RAP AIN'T DEAD BUT HIP HOP IS......EVERYTHING IS SCHEMES AND MARKETING PLANS....WE LISTEN TO JIM JONES DISS JAY-Z KNOWING GOD DAMN WELL THIS IS PROPAGANDA.....YET WE HYPE IT UP LIKE IT WAS THE SECOND COMING OF "ETHER".....IT IS THE STREETS FAULT THERE'S NO GOVERNING WE LOVE A MOTHERfu*kER CAUSE OF STREET CRED AND NO SKILLS INSTEAD OF ONE WITH SKILLS AND NO STREET CRED.....FUNNY THING IS NO ONE KNOWS WHAT NONE OF THESE CATS IS DOIN FOR REAL....C'MON YALL
 12-06-2006, 06:25 PM         #48
Hitemup2k5  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darquecinnamon said:

look...ur a damn idiot for even thinkin snap gruops and chicken noodle soup are real raps...maybe thats why ppl think its dead...its dead in their minds b/c they lost the definition of it

and 4 the n*ggas that responded back to nas...if they knew they was makin good music..they wouldn't have said a damn thing and kept it movin. There is a saying...only the guilty speak...n*ggas incriminated themselves
I'm with you on this one

If someone ask you what your favourite kind of music is and you say rap
and they automatically think of some mainstream sh*t that's their problem
not yours.

And the second part you pretty much summed it up
 12-06-2006, 06:47 PM         #49
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 billieskeet said:
tru, i understand what he sayin but breakin was a fad, that pops up evry now and then, breakin isnt permenant, hip hop has hundreds of dances that came after breakin so he has to look at it like that too.
THATS REAL TALK I NEVER LOOKED AT IT LIKE THAT
 12-06-2006, 07:42 PM         #50
SinCere Da Don!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I expect the hip-hop audience to be avant garde. I want them to be where I'm at or beyond where I'm at.

I expect the hip-hop audience to be avant garde. I want them to be where I'm at or beyond where I'm at.

props
 12-06-2006, 07:59 PM         #51
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said:
all u do is speak ignorance.....how khaled got his mixtape out there? fat joe.
how rick ross and jeezy get on? jay-z. how bndh get on? puffy. shall i keep going? y was maino at chamillionaire album release party? or why was he at ti party where he fought tragedy? buck fu*ks with 50. wayne and juelz is supposed to do an album together. ti respect jay-z. jd and jay-z cool. jon and nas is cool. scrappy fu*king with g-unit. d-block and psc they cool. ti cool with dip set. so what do u mean nobody in the south fu*ks with the east know what u talking about before u speak
EXACTLY!!!

nobody fuccs wit tha east coast..... FOR MUSIC OR FOR HITS!!! is what i'm sayin...... they just let yall washed up artist put they money behind em so we can do tha "hiphop" yall use to be good at.

Jay-z (yalls best rapper alive) aint grab no NY or Brooklynn artist when he hit pres,.... he came straight to GA and got jeezy. same wit 50 wit lil scrappy. WHAT HAPPENED TO TRU LIFE?!?!? HAHAHAhahahaaaaa i'm sayin that it aint west,east vs. south........... cuz we eatin wit tha west right now........................ but musically..

GEORGE BUSH DOESNT CARE ABOUT THA EAST..... and neither does tha music industry

Last edited by $HOWTIME 17; 12-06-2006 at 08:00 PM..
 12-06-2006, 08:04 PM         #52
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to say that because n*ggaz dont break no mo hip hop is dead.... automatically limits hiphop to a few things..... and limits tha amount it can grow

so u sayin rock and roll is dead too cuz people dont do tha skin tight leather wit tha big hair?!? that era is dead, but the culture evolved. breakin never was southern hiphop anyway.... so u right....... YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: WE EATIN

look out for the mixtape :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '06        #53
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 474 474
 billieskeet said:
kept the light on for more than 2 years, its been almost 8 years now.
Only truth in this topic
 12-06-2006, 08:26 PM         #54
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $HOWTIME 17 said:
EXACTLY!!!

nobody fuccs wit tha east coast..... FOR MUSIC OR FOR HITS!!! is what i'm sayin...... they just let yall washed up artist put they money behind em so we can do tha "hiphop" yall use to be good at.

Jay-z (yalls best rapper alive) aint grab no NY or Brooklynn artist when he hit pres,.... he came straight to GA and got jeezy. same wit 50 wit lil scrappy. WHAT HAPPENED TO TRU LIFE?!?!? HAHAHAhahahaaaaa i'm sayin that it aint west,east vs. south........... cuz we eatin wit tha west right now........................ but musically..

GEORGE BUSH DOESNT CARE ABOUT THA EAST..... and neither does tha music industry
ok i see what u saying now the problem is tho. i mean its a lose lose for the east yall say we hating on yall but then everything i posted shows thats not the case so now that thats recognize its the south aint breaking bread with the east and thats bullshyt as well. i mean what about juelz and wayne working on an album? or wayne on fat joes album? talib just did a song with ugk. cham did a song with pap and jae millz. n*ggaz is still fu*king with each other despite what u think.
 12-06-2006, 08:30 PM         #55
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $HOWTIME 17 said:
to say that because n*ggaz dont break no mo hip hop is dead.... automatically limits hiphop to a few things..... and limits tha amount it can grow

so u sayin rock and roll is dead too cuz people dont do tha skin tight leather wit tha big hair?!? that era is dead, but the culture evolved. breakin never was southern hiphop anyway.... so u right....... YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: WE EATIN

look out for the mixtape :rolleyes:
lol i see what u saying at first i thought u was just ignorant but u making some good points. hip-hop in a whole is dying not the rap scene but all the other elements are. u have to understand the era nas is from. thats the era of breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti, etc. so that part of hip hop is dead and we call all agree on that. now hip-hop is evolving but the passion is not there. n*ggaz don't even cipher anymore its like if i aint in a studio then i aint rapping. its all about the money the passion is done its dead. and rap is a passionate form of music u feel me?
 11 years ago '05        #56
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
*leans with it and rocks with it*
 11 years ago '04        #57
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,379 | Props total: 463 463
 $HOWTIME 17 said:
naah he just thought the entire industry and tha lyricsists.... even in tha south........ would diss folks like d4l and take his side. but now he see he aint even got tha whole east on his side wit that title, and NONE of tha south...... so now he reniggin to save his sales

it aint hard to see.... he thought he would have a movement of folks who felt like him lol now they just look OLD runnin round complainin about how thangs use to be............. like hoface k!lla

your fu*kin stupid man

n*ggas like nas and jay are way above all this talk

y'all n*ggas and wiggas are worse then the fu*kin media,the man said what he said respect it and move on.
 12-06-2006, 08:47 PM         #58
HighLightsOnly  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas is weak now
 12-06-2006, 08:53 PM         #59
onicap  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas is full of sh*t, he's just trying to save his own a.ss. Hip Hop never died, hip hop is a culture. He says its dying because of music that he doesnt personally like. Nas is a hater, for real. Theres all different types of rap music... it doesnt mean its dead. If its popular and thats what people wanna hear, thats not up to him to decide that hip hop is dead. Since when is he the ambassador for rap? Don't get me wrong, Nas from time to time makes good albums, and he makes sh*t albums too. So if I wanted to, I could say that hip hop is dead because they play Nas' music on the air. Another thing that bothers me about him is, when interviewed about 50 Cent's comments on Oprah, he's sitting there defending Oprah... n*gga please, Nas is one of those pro-black, anti-Uncle Tom cats. If 50 wouldn't have said it first, Nas would have called Oprah a white woman.
 11 years ago '04        #60
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
Ya'll totally missed what nas is trying to say, which is that everybody in hip hop took offense to the title not just the south, but the east and west as well.... And the title could be explained in so many ways but I think nowadays hip hop isn't what it used to be, it took a hit when big and pac died... it took a hit when jay retired, and now this is what remains of it ... nas and jay reconciled like grown fu*king men doing what big and pac didnt have a chance to do, now you have the two best MC's in the east, and in my opinion the best alive together tearing sh*t up ... yeah I'd say when Nas' album comes out HIP HOP IS DEAD cuz nobody's gonna stand a chance... look at snoop dogg trying to bring the whole west together, look at all the cats in the south gettin scared, and look at all you haters on Bx... why you mad for
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now