Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

12-06-2006, 07:59 PM         #51
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said
all u do is speak ignorance.....how khaled got his mixtape out there? fat joe.
how rick ross and jeezy get on? jay-z. how bndh get on? puffy. shall i keep going? y was maino at chamillionaire album release party? or why was he at ti party where he fought tragedy? buck fu*ks with 50. wayne and juelz is supposed to do an album together. ti respect jay-z. jd and jay-z cool. jon and nas is cool. scrappy fu*king with g-unit. d-block and psc they cool. ti cool with dip set. so what do u mean nobody in the south fu*ks with the east know what u talking about before u speak
EXACTLY!!!

nobody fuccs wit tha east coast..... FOR MUSIC OR FOR HITS!!! is what i'm sayin...... they just let yall washed up artist put they money behind em so we can do tha "hiphop" yall use to be good at.

Jay-z (yalls best rapper alive) aint grab no NY or Brooklynn artist when he hit pres,.... he came straight to GA and got jeezy. same wit 50 wit lil scrappy. WHAT HAPPENED TO TRU LIFE?!?!? HAHAHAhahahaaaaa i'm sayin that it aint west,east vs. south........... cuz we eatin wit tha west right now........................ but musically..

GEORGE BUSH DOESNT CARE ABOUT THA EAST..... and neither does tha music industry

Last edited by $HOWTIME 17; 12-06-2006 at 08:00 PM..

12-06-2006, 08:04 PM         #52
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to say that because n*ggaz dont break no mo hip hop is dead.... automatically limits hiphop to a few things..... and limits tha amount it can grow

so u sayin rock and roll is dead too cuz people dont do tha skin tight leather wit tha big hair?!? that era is dead, but the culture evolved. breakin never was southern hiphop anyway.... so u right....... YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: WE EATIN

look out for the mixtape :rolleyes:

12 years ago '06        #53
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,849 | Props total: 676 676
 billieskeet said
kept the light on for more than 2 years, its been almost 8 years now.
Only truth in this topic

12-06-2006, 08:26 PM         #54
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $HOWTIME 17 said
EXACTLY!!!

nobody fuccs wit tha east coast..... FOR MUSIC OR FOR HITS!!! is what i'm sayin...... they just let yall washed up artist put they money behind em so we can do tha "hiphop" yall use to be good at.

Jay-z (yalls best rapper alive) aint grab no NY or Brooklynn artist when he hit pres,.... he came straight to GA and got jeezy. same wit 50 wit lil scrappy. WHAT HAPPENED TO TRU LIFE?!?!? HAHAHAhahahaaaaa i'm sayin that it aint west,east vs. south........... cuz we eatin wit tha west right now........................ but musically..

GEORGE BUSH DOESNT CARE ABOUT THA EAST..... and neither does tha music industry
ok i see what u saying now the problem is tho. i mean its a lose lose for the east yall say we hating on yall but then everything i posted shows thats not the case so now that thats recognize its the south aint breaking bread with the east and thats bullshyt as well. i mean what about juelz and wayne working on an album? or wayne on fat joes album? talib just did a song with ugk. cham did a song with pap and jae millz. n*ggaz is still fu*king with each other despite what u think.

12-06-2006, 08:30 PM         #55
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 $HOWTIME 17 said
to say that because n*ggaz dont break no mo hip hop is dead.... automatically limits hiphop to a few things..... and limits tha amount it can grow

so u sayin rock and roll is dead too cuz people dont do tha skin tight leather wit tha big hair?!? that era is dead, but the culture evolved. breakin never was southern hiphop anyway.... so u right....... YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: WE EATIN

look out for the mixtape :rolleyes:
lol i see what u saying at first i thought u was just ignorant but u making some good points. hip-hop in a whole is dying not the rap scene but all the other elements are. u have to understand the era nas is from. thats the era of breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti, etc. so that part of hip hop is dead and we call all agree on that. now hip-hop is evolving but the passion is not there. n*ggaz don't even cipher anymore its like if i aint in a studio then i aint rapping. its all about the money the passion is done its dead. and rap is a passionate form of music u feel me?

12 years ago '05        #56
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 13 13
*leans with it and rocks with it*

12 years ago '04        #57
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,529 | Props total: 740 740
 $HOWTIME 17 said
naah he just thought the entire industry and tha lyricsists.... even in tha south........ would diss folks like d4l and take his side. but now he see he aint even got tha whole east on his side wit that title, and NONE of tha south...... so now he reniggin to save his sales

it aint hard to see.... he thought he would have a movement of folks who felt like him lol now they just look OLD runnin round complainin about how thangs use to be............. like hoface k!lla

your fu*kin stupid man

n*ggas like nas and jay are way above all this talk

y'all n*ggas and wiggas are worse then the fu*kin media,the man said what he said respect it and move on.

12-06-2006, 08:47 PM         #58
HighLightsOnly  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas is weak now

12-06-2006, 08:53 PM         #59
onicap  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nas is full of sh*t, he's just trying to save his own a.ss. Hip Hop never died, hip hop is a culture. He says its dying because of music that he doesnt personally like. Nas is a hater, for real. Theres all different types of rap music... it doesnt mean its dead. If its popular and thats what people wanna hear, thats not up to him to decide that hip hop is dead. Since when is he the ambassador for rap? Don't get me wrong, Nas from time to time makes good albums, and he makes sh*t albums too. So if I wanted to, I could say that hip hop is dead because they play Nas' music on the air. Another thing that bothers me about him is, when interviewed about 50 Cent's comments on Oprah, he's sitting there defending Oprah... n*gga please, Nas is one of those pro-black, anti-Uncle Tom cats. If 50 wouldn't have said it first, Nas would have called Oprah a white woman.

12 years ago '04        #60
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
space
$9,992 | Props total: 4015 4015
Ya'll totally missed what nas is trying to say, which is that everybody in hip hop took offense to the title not just the south, but the east and west as well.... And the title could be explained in so many ways but I think nowadays hip hop isn't what it used to be, it took a hit when big and pac died... it took a hit when jay retired, and now this is what remains of it ... nas and jay reconciled like grown fu*king men doing what big and pac didnt have a chance to do, now you have the two best MC's in the east, and in my opinion the best alive together tearing sh*t up ... yeah I'd say when Nas' album comes out HIP HOP IS DEAD cuz nobody's gonna stand a chance... look at snoop dogg trying to bring the whole west together, look at all the cats in the south gettin scared, and look at all you haters on Bx... why you mad for

12-06-2006, 08:59 PM         #61
DINER0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 onicap said
Nas is full of sh*t, he's just trying to save his own a.ss. Hip Hop never died, hip hop is a culture. He says its dying because of music that he doesnt personally like. Nas is a hater, for real. Theres all different types of rap music... it doesnt mean its dead. If its popular and thats what people wanna hear, thats not up to him to decide that hip hop is dead. Since when is he the ambassador for rap? Don't get me wrong, Nas from time to time makes good albums, and he makes sh*t albums too. So if I wanted to, I could say that hip hop is dead because they play Nas' music on the air. Another thing that bothers me about him is, when interviewed about 50 Cent's comments on Oprah, he's sitting there defending Oprah... n*gga please, Nas is one of those pro-black, anti-Uncle Tom cats. If 50 wouldn't have said it first, Nas would have called Oprah a white woman.
2pac and Biggie untimely death right after each other were crushing blows but Hip-Hop died after bobbito and strech went off the air follow by sway and tech.. the underground never really recovered ... :banghead:

12-06-2006, 09:01 PM         #62
Yella Gurl  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thank you nas but the title was self explanatory

12-06-2006, 09:14 PM         #63
MOSESCANOVA  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 onicap said
ok again someone who does not read or does not interpret properly he has been saying he feels its the culture and not the music

12-06-2006, 09:21 PM         #64
hoodytoreal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea, i dont even know, sometimes i read threads like this and cut myself, i bleed on myself, i like it..it feeelzzz good, i'm useing "z" to emphasize how good it feels...if i bleed into the ocean, right at the moment when the blood touched the water, 48+ dolphins swam up to me, and cried for me to stop, i love dolphins, do you?

12 years ago '06        #65
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$16,941 | Props total: 4787 4787
Lil John should be credited for most of the Souths success since Get Low brought the south into the limelight and every song since then has tried to emulate it in some way.

12 years ago '06        #66
ltwjr610 
space
space
$345 | Props total: 0 0
IMO...if nas didnt wanna have anybody feel slighted by the this...he might have not wanted to name the album Hip-Hop is Dead...which will obviously bother people who are involved in Hip-Hop

12-06-2006, 09:30 PM         #67
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MOSESCANOVA said
lol i see what u saying at first i thought u was just ignorant but u making some good points. hip-hop in a whole is dying not the rap scene but all the other elements are. u have to understand the era nas is from. thats the era of breakdancing, beatboxing, graffiti, etc. so that part of hip hop is dead and we call all agree on that. now hip-hop is evolving but the passion is not there. n*ggaz don't even cipher anymore its like if i aint in a studio then i aint rapping. its all about the money the passion is done its dead. and rap is a passionate form of music u feel me?
and i can dig that too homie but..... i just find it funny nas comes wit this bullsh*t right NOW. he cant be talkin bout tha b boxin and all that..... cuz lol...... lets be real...... that sh*t was dead when he dropped his last 3 albums!!! aint it sholl wasnt a problem then

but u right that tha passion aint there and everythang is industry right now. and it seems like that wasnt a problem when he was eatin............ but hey, i guess it just is what it is. i know as a ture lyricist what he feels about these franchise acts................. and like ghostface, he prolly thought he could change tha game right back. now that he sees its tha culture now............ he kinda fallin back on that idea and rollin wit another aspect of the name

i guess its a matter of opinion and well never know tha truth..... even if we knew him. but i'm willin to bet everythang i got if tha fans were like "yeah fu*k these simple rappers they k!llin hiphop, go nas" that woulda been what tha meanin of his title was :rolleyes:

12-06-2006, 09:35 PM         #68
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol and i just want everybody to keep in mind what i been sayin and reread that title

lol what a fucckin joke. can u say backhanded complement

12 years ago '04        #69
Pharmacist 
space
space
space
$218 | Props total: 0 0
nasty NaS is a Genius

Personal Definition of a Genius?

An Mc whose can get the attention of All Three Coasts and the Midwest

2 ALL pay attention 2 just a small statement (simple but complex and promotion that promotes itself without not work at all b'cuz the fans and the dumbasses will help it 2 get communicated 2 the masses)

***whew***

and they say NaS smokes 2 much weed (laughes)

12-06-2006, 09:52 PM         #70
OVAPROOF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k THIS sh*t! this is wat i didnt want..he need to light a fire under some of them a.sses in the south ..dem franchise boys is trash nas kno that sh*t i hate wen n*ggas b frontin so they dont start static..fu*k that keep it on wack and murder these n*ggas..they are fu*kin hip hop up ...period

12-06-2006, 09:57 PM         #71
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Pharmacist said
nasty NaS is a Genius

Personal Definition of a Genius?

An Mc whose can get the attention of All Three Coasts and the Midwest

2 ALL pay attention 2 just a small statement (simple but complex and promotion that promotes itself without not work at all b'cuz the fans and the dumbasses will help it 2 get communicated 2 the masses)

***whew***

and they say NaS smokes 2 much weed (laughes)
it would be genius if it actually translated into sales, which honestly i think he'll struggle to be platinum maybe im wrong maybe im right.

12 years ago '06        #72
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,771 | Props total: 866 866
I can respect Nas' opinion and trying to salvage what he started, but you can tell that this is to get more sales. I'll respect a dude more if he stands by what he says no matter the outcome. But to say that the south kept the lights on for 2 years? We've been doing us since Geto Boys and never folded. Oh well, I might burn a song or two.

12-06-2006, 10:22 PM         #73
Professa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i agree totally...thass wut i was saying...he wasnt referring to the south so they needa keep their mouths shut

12-06-2006, 10:31 PM         #74
scientific_born  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BTiZZLe said
the south is hip hops savior
rap music and hip hop is different.most stuff from the south is rap music.real talk

12 years ago '04        #75
TwinCaliber2kz 9 heat pts
space
space
$5,034 | Props total: 3015 3015
i'm tired of all dis south vs east sh*t,we just gon wind up gettin into a bigger problem wit each other and have a war,cuz we obviously not gettin along... i don't know what da fu*k iz wrong wit ma'fu*ka nowadays,n*ggaz be on sum real sucka sh*t,shut da fu*k and make music and if u don't make music,shut da fu*k up and enjoy it and cut da bullsh*t... tru sh*t...everything gotta be problems,nit pickin like lil bi*ches,n*ggaz gettin a lil sensitive and sh*t,let nas name his album what he want,who was talkin sh*t about T.I. Callin his self da king?... pimp c gettin on tracks and dirtin on NY and wanna hold da West Up Like they da Realest n*ggaz alive,Nate Dogg and DJ Quik get on track dissin da souf nobody sayin nuffin,it just seem like da souf feel like they came up far enough to test n*ggaz up north,like we soft or something,lemme ask u why? We ever make ya'll n*ggaz feel outta place,ya'll can't just do ya'll thing??.. datz hard to do,u gotta conjure up hate and sh*t,make a n*gga hate,datz da wrong way to do sh*t,but whateva,DO YOU... whateva happens it'll be ya own fault,we just can't have a hood nba wit out some legends bein made off somebody else huh?get dis sh*t right,dis hip hop sh*t iz almost like all we got...together as a community,we don't go to boat clubs and sh*t,we got Hip Hop,So Let dis sh*t rock and stop actin like it's a coastel thing,i thought we was past that... n*ggaz followin history instead of makin future happen... backwards sh*t goin on here people

Last edited by TwinCaliber2kz; 12-06-2006 at 10:48 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
-17online now  41
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
45 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-70online now  33
Mom of 4 looking for a guy to hang out with
267 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+49online now  31
Dec 12 - College teacher fired for having too much booty
107 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+36online now  21
Video inside Metal Heads React To "I Gave You Power" By Nas
56 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+122online now  19
"But but but Tupac tried to be gangsta"
81 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  16
Jordan 11 Concords Yellowing In 2 Weeks
111 comments
22 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  12
How Lean Became Rapís Most Wanted Drug
100 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+85online now  10
Kodak Black walks out of Hot97 interview after Ebro mentions sexual assault al..
368 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy