Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
68 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
28 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
236 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-06-2006, 02:02 PM         #1
7494 pageviews
134 comments

DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year"

Pitchfork: So you think there's a place for groups like Dem Franchize Boyz?

Nas: Definitely. To the South's credit, they kept the lights on in hip-hop for at least two years. And I rock with all their records. Hip-hop ain't died because of the South, that's retarded. When I named the album originally, I thought I bit off more than I could chew but you'd be an idiot to think I'm talking about how the South k!lled hip-hop or how New York isn't where it should be or where it once was. It was like, "Damn, I need to explain this?" But I thought, "Nah, the proof is right there. We should know what it is." I expect the hip-hop audience to be avant garde. I want them to be where I'm at or beyond where I'm at.

[pic - click to view]

http://pitchforkmedia.com .. _Interview_Nas

134 comments for "Dec 6 - Nas: .. "To the South's credit, they kept the lights on...for at least 2 year""

11 years ago '04        #2
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Pretty much made a fool of all the guys coming at him who think he's discrediting them with the album title
 11 years ago '06        #3
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,572 | Props total: 81 81
 Jamaro85 said:
Pretty much made a fool of all the guys coming at him who think he's discrediting them with the album title
^ My thoughst exactly.
 12-06-2006, 02:13 PM         #4
Ghostly00  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
word, read the same stuff too.
 11 years ago '04        #5
Bigra 
space
space
$250 | Props total: 0 0
 iNSPiRED4fR33 said:
^ My thoughst exactly.

Agreed...WHY MOFOS HATE ON NAS SO MUCH..>WHY?????
 11 years ago '06        #6
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
hip hop aint dead. correct word would be in a recession.. but i see where nas comin' from.. people are so dumb these days...........................
 11 years ago '04        #7
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,024 | Props total: 2972 2972
truth hurts sometimes, catz were quick to get their panties in a bunch, nas doesnt owe anyone an explanation
 12-06-2006, 02:22 PM         #8
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
kept the light on for more than 2 years, its been almost 8 years now.
 12-06-2006, 02:23 PM         #9
<BAM>  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bigra said:
Agreed...WHY MOFOS HATE ON NAS SO MUCH..>WHY?????
i ask myself the same sh*t homie
 11 years ago '06        #10
BTiZZLe 
space
space
the south is hip hops savior
 11 years ago '06        #11
BTiZZLe 
space
space
west and east vs south?? get outta her mannn.. do they gotta beef just to compete??? they need to put out good music quit talkin boutt his coast sh*t.... i know no one in the south care.... we just bumpin out music
 12-06-2006, 02:35 PM         #12
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
naah he just thought the entire industry and tha lyricsists.... even in tha south........ would diss folks like d4l and take his side. but now he see he aint even got tha whole east on his side wit that title, and NONE of tha south...... so now he reniggin to save his sales

it aint hard to see.... he thought he would have a movement of folks who felt like him lol now they just look OLD runnin round complainin about how thangs use to be............. like hoface k!lla
 11 years ago '04        #13
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 billieskeet said:
kept the light on for more than 2 years, its been almost 8 years now.
8 years. They weren't running sh*t 8 years ago, they were making noise but not running ish. Heads like Dre, Em, 50, Jay, Nas, Ja Rule and DMX were running sh*t. The south didn't really GRAB it till like 2004. But like I said, they've been a presence since 96 w/ no limit and cash money for real.
 12-06-2006, 02:37 PM         #14
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ~_26_~ said:
this is proper scriptures written for the set up of 2007.

thank you nas and jay-z.

2007 = west + east vs. south
are u stupid? tha west eatin like tha south eatin..... so if anythang tha east by theyselves. look at tha whole hyphy movement..... them n*gga WISH they WAS THA SOUF....... they aint goin against us.

tooo short fucc wit jon..... e-40 fucc wit jon....... daz on so so def..... kurrupt back cool wit daz..... etc. aint NOBODY fuccin wit tha east tho lol ever since dipset ran down here
 11 years ago '06        #15
cleavon15 
space
space
$987 | Props total: 88 88
 Jamaro85 said:

cant really blame them n*ggas for jumping on Nas. He might not have meant it in that way, but his followers took it to discrediting members of the south. I for one get pissed when i read a thread that says the south aint sh*t, or the south k!lled hip-hop. However, big ups to n*gga Nas.
 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM         #16
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
south blows up. takes over hip hop. now all of a sudden he thinks hip hop is dead. its obvious what he meant

i think my new mixtape gone be called "YALL HIPHOP IS DEAD: THE REBIRTH"

wow

*writes that down*

;)
 12-06-2006, 02:41 PM         #17
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said:
8 years. They weren't running sh*t 8 years ago, they were making noise but not running ish. Heads like Dre, Em, 50, Jay, Nas, Ja Rule and DMX were running sh*t. The south didn't really GRAB it till like 2004. But like I said, they've been a presence since 96 w/ no limit and cash money for real.
i aint said they was runnin sh*t, i meant they were keepin the lights on, 8 years ago.
 12-06-2006, 02:44 PM         #18
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RugerRell2369 said:
when did cd title become a big thing? get on nas for havin hip hop is dead but sh*t wat bout dj unk bumpin on yo block? get on his corny a.ss bout that.
a CD title is always a big thing. its like the theme of an album, something with the title of a book, it tells you what you gonna hear about.
 12-06-2006, 02:45 PM         #19
$HOWTIME 17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
especially when u dissin an entire region. i dont think unk did that :rolleyes:
 11 years ago '06        #20
jshinn05 
space
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
 Jamaro85 said:
Yep he definitely did if anybody listened to the man he said this already that Hip Hop was dead and WE ALL k!llED IT not that one coast fu*ked it up

cleavon15 said:
cant really blame them n*ggas for jumping on Nas. He might not have meant it in that way, but his followers took it to discrediting members of the south. I for one get pissed when i read a thread that says the south aint sh*t, or the south k!lled hip-hop. However, big ups to n*gga Nas.
I see what you sayin but at the same time them n*ggas should have just waited to see what he said not respondin b4 he explained the title thats jus a sign of ignorance for those who did respond as soon as they heard the title

$HOWTIME 17 said:
especially when u dissin an entire region. i dont think unk did that :rolleyes:

obviously you did not read the article and decided to respond b4 you had a chance to read the post or u could be illiterate I dont know

Last edited by jshinn05; 12-06-2006 at 02:57 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
194 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy