Dec 6 - DAMON WAYANS banned from the Laugh Factory for using the N Word

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
143 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-06-2006, 07:57 AM         #1
6412 pageviews
96 comments

mashout 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dec 6 - DAMON WAYANS banned from the Laugh Factory for using the N Word

[pic - click to view]

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur30152.cfm

LAUGH FACTORY BANS DAMON WAYANS: Comedian used N-word after Kramer incident led to its removal from the premises.

Looks like Damon Wayans has become the first casualty of the Laugh Factory’s newly-instituted N-word free zone.

The comedian used the term 16 times during his 20-minute set Sunday night and was promptly banned from performing at the venue for the next three months, reports the LA Times.

Wayans’ act referred to the racist rant of “Seinfeld” star Michael Richards that caused the N-word ban to be instituted.

"I'll be damned if the white man uses that word last. …This is part of our culture now...don't take that from us," Wayans told the audience.

The actor was also fined $320 for his routine - $20 for each time he used the word.

The syndicated TV show “Inside Edition” sought the opinion of director Spike Lee on the Laugh Factory’s N-word ban. The director told the syndicated television program: "I think as a people we have to try to eradicate that word."

But rapper Jay-Z, who uses the word in his lyrics, disagrees with a formal ban, telling the show last week: "I'm against that, I'm all for freedom of speech." He added, "You have to fix the people that have hatred inside their soul."

96 comments for "Dec 6 - DAMON WAYANS banned from the Laugh Factory for using the N Word"

11 years ago '06        #2
DUNDUN 
space
space
$889 | Props total: 139 139
smh.........
 11 years ago '06        #3
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
what the
 11 years ago '05        #4
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
 DUNDUN said:
smh.........
indeed...
 12-06-2006, 08:16 AM         #5
KINGB4EVER'06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 11 years ago '06        #6
Dj Quest 
space
space
$778 | Props total: 3 3
Jay-Z I agree...
 12-06-2006, 08:21 AM         #7
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Looks like people will now learn not to use the word....white OR black.
 11 years ago '04        #8
FMX 
space
space
space
$1,128 | Props total: 0 0
"shakes head"

Jay-Z Said It Best...

But For Real n*ggas, Oh sh*t I Just said It Hope I Dont Get Banned From

Boxden...

Anyway, n*ggas Need a Hip-Hop Dictionary Wheres E-40 When You Really

Need His a.ss...
 12-06-2006, 08:24 AM         #9
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FMX said:
"shakes head"

Jay-Z Said It Best...

But For Real n*ggas, Oh sh*t I Just said It Hope I Dont Get Banned From

Boxden...

Anyway, n*ggas Need a Hip-Hop Dictionary Wheres E-40 When You Really

Need His a.ss...

E-40 is probably in a landfill somewhere...because he's GARBAGE.
 12-06-2006, 08:25 AM         #10
YOUNG H.A.Z.  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol Wayans Is A Clown.... I Probably Wouldve Did The Same Thing, Cant Have A White Man Retaking The Word Back Now Can We....
 11 years ago '05        #11
ElQueHablaSucio 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 649 649
lmao @ the e40 comment.
 11 years ago '04        #12
orv 
space
space
$4,287 | Props total: 1652 1652
LOL... The "N" word isn't going anywhere. White supremacists will continue to use it nd so will Black people. This ban on word that's been around or yeras, even word period is a stupid idea...
 11 years ago '05        #13
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,671 | Props total: 6418 6418
But rapper Jay-Z, who uses the word in his lyrics, disagrees with a formal ban, telling the show last week: "I'm against that, I'm all for freedom of speech." He added, "You have to fix the people that have hatred inside their soul."
^^^real talk
 12-06-2006, 08:55 AM         #14
KingOfNY369  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People need to stop emphasizing the dumb sh*t that goes on...and realize that no matter what...sh*t ain't gonna change....Is it wrong and disrespectful? fu*k yea...but is that gonna stop people from being racist or from using racist terms? This isn't a big deal when Chris Rock is talkin about Cracker-Ass-Crackers...or when Carlos Mencia or George Lopez are talkin about Beaners...but the zzzzzz word gets dropped and people go back 400 years...it's the 21st century and people need 2 wake the fu*k up...you wanna take offense to it? That's fine cuz thats ur right as an American...but so is the freedom of speech and if you really are that offended then dont attend the comics show's or watch their sitcom's and hit em where it will matter the most to them....in their pockets...Now don't get me wrong...the way Kramer used the racial term as opposed to how many others do is that he directed his comments directly to someone and most comics use the terms as part of their skits and acts....but that makes it ok? It's a sad sad world we live and ain't gonna get any better until people understand that everyone doesn't act and think alike...The people who make sh*t like this an important issue to themselves are the people dyin/starvin for some attention...

As far as myself...I'm far from racist and just wanna state MY opinion on the subject...I got nothin but love for all races and have friends and a girl from all different types of ethnic and financial backgrounds and TO ME...but I don't speak for our crazy-mixed-up world...

12-06-2006, 09:15 AM         #15
RIDEorSMURF  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mashout said:

Looks like Damon Wayans has become the first casualty of the Laugh Factory’s newly-instituted N-word free zone.

The comedian used the term 16 times during his 20-minute set Sunday night and was promptly banned from performing at the venue for the next three months, reports the LA Times.

"I'll be damned if the white man uses that word last. …This is part of our culture now...don't take that from us," Wayans told the audience.

I love the Wayans. Them dudes just don't care. That word isn't going anywhere, it's been around since America was born. However it's meaning can change, just like the meaning of many other words have changed throught the years.

Then
Crack = a structrual defect
Ass = A donkey
bi*ch = A female Dog
Balls = A toy to play with

The use of those words now would probably get me banned in any other context.
 12-06-2006, 09:45 AM         #16
catchaBreath  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 specialk103185 said:
its a sad day when n*ggaz can't even say n*gga if they want to

How does that make it a sad day???? Is it that hard to use a different word as your filler?
 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM         #17
phayze514  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 specialk103185 said:
WORD!
 12-06-2006, 09:58 AM         #18
ghettoprincess  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Originally Posted by specialk103185

i agree
we took the word from back, turned its negative meaning around and made it our own. now we can't say it because some racist folks is living in the past and still tries to use it in a hurtful way?

fu*k that, I would never perform there again if I was Damon Wayans. At the end, they out of money.
 11 years ago '04        #19
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
 mashout said:

^^^That is the Best line i have ever heard Jay-z say
 12-06-2006, 10:07 AM         #20
CrackMp3z  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Goes back to what pac used to say,

differences between n*gga and zzzzzz

n*gga = like your brother, you showin love - "Whats up mah n*gga"
zzzzzz = do i look like a slave, thats slave type sh*t and cant be put up with! - "Yo zzzzzz"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
31 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
284 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
145 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
72 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
53 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
45 comments
24 hours ago