Dec 4 - Lil Wayne Goes After Onetime Idol Jay-Z: 'I'm Better Than Him'

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
56 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
69 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
52 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #161
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
Here's a screenshot since you can't directly link

[pic - click to view]

12-05-2006, 11:36 AM         #162
Asar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay sold a lot more than lil wayne. but honestly, i'd bump lil wayne's new albums over jay z's new albums anyday. lil wayne got hov now days... also, if we talk about substance, hov doesnt talk about much either. nas talks about more than hov. and honestly, 2pac was still the best to do it. he had all grounds covered.

Last edited by Asar; 12-05-2006 at 11:37 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #163
marpacino 
space
space
$1,048 | Props total: 5 5
I like both but lil wayne can't see hov.
 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM         #164
DINER0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yo any niiga saying they feel wayne over hov doesnt know shyt... ya boy idol is Hova so all praise due it blasphemous.. he got cam and dip shyt all in his ears . men lie women lie numbers don't
 11 years ago '06        #165
elmonto 
space
space
$5,413 | Props total: 2 2
dag, wayne got too many yes-men around him, cuz somebody been telling him a lie
 11 years ago '06        #166
WarrioR6 
space
space
$571 | Props total: 0 0
Wayne has lost all of his credibility in my opinion. How do you go from saying, "Best rapper alive, since the best rapper retired." to "I'm better than him." It doesn't add up people. First off all, Lil Wayne stole Jays entire flow from "show me what you got", then he has the nerve to say something like this. Just peep the verse.

How's n*ggaz dissing me? (I made it possible)
For n*ggaz to make history (How is this possible)
Please explain the sh*t to me (How is it logical)
Have we forgotten our history (Let's open our Bibles)
It's like the disciples dissin Jesus becoming his rivals
Shunning the one thing that they owed their life to
You let that man hype you to go against your idol
Knowing good and goddamn well this what I do
Think I'm in the office I'm off my grind
That's how kids become orphans (you lost your mind?)
I keep my enemies close, I give 'em enough rope
They put themselves in the air I just kick away the chair
 11 years ago '05        #167
caliblacc 1 heat pts
space
space
$942 | Props total: 71 71
lil wayne sucks! him and his fake a.ss daddy are wacc and look like frogs!
 11 years ago '04        #168
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 89 89
Hypothetical question but... what if yall boy Joe Budden said this?... but anyway... the ghost writer thing is gettin' old... the saying Wayne doesn't rap about anything is old... and the Jay-Z is the greatest because he's been in the game longer is old too.... now all of that may be true but damn y'all take it to heart when someone says "I'm better than ____"... it's called confidence... And I don't think Wayne is better than Jay and Wayne is one of my favorite rappers... Wayne has to learn how to stay on subject and make deeper songs 'cause he's got the swagger and all that but if he can just take time out to get on subjects other than rambling (which he does do) then I can say "maybe he's giving Jay a run for his money"... And Jay is not all that great to me either but he is a superb MC...
 11 years ago '04        #169
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 sinistababy said:
Hypothetical question but... what if yall boy Joe Budden said this?... but anyway... the ghost writer thing is gettin' old... the saying Wayne doesn't rap about anything is old... and the Jay-Z is the greatest because he's been in the game longer is old too.... now all of that may be true but damn y'all take it to heart when someone says "I'm better than ____"... it's called confidence... And I don't think Wayne is better than Jay and Wayne is one of my favorite rappers... Wayne has to learn how to stay on subject and make deeper songs 'cause he's got the swagger and all that but if he can just take time out to get on subjects other than rambling (which he does do) then I can say "maybe he's giving Jay a run for his money"... And Jay is not all that great to me either but he is a superb MC...
Point taken, but I'm not mad at Weezy, but the way he said it was greasy. He didn't say it like well I'm just confident in my skills. He said it like I'm mad that Hov is getting all this attention and I'm nicer than him. The same way Fat Joe and Raekwon did.
 11 years ago '04        #170
sinistababy 
space
space
$3,761 | Props total: 89 89
 kuruption81 said:
Point taken, but I'm not mad at Weezy, but the way he said it was greasy. He didn't say it like well I'm just confident in my skills. He said it like I'm mad that Hov is getting all this attention and I'm nicer than him. The same way Fat Joe and Raekwon did.
Yeah it was greasy 'cause there has been a trend of people talkin' sh*t 'cause Jay returned... It's like they wanted him to come back and he did and now they don't like it...
 12-05-2006, 12:55 PM         #171
j_espo1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
at this Wayne clown. he aint nuthin but a clown.
 11 years ago '05        #172
harvey dent 
space
space
space
$870 | Props total: 1 1
The only MC's from the south that could hang with Jay Z are
Ludacris
Outkast
Scarface (mid west)
Eightball
and the Justus League Crew out of N. Carolina

Lil Wayne is just a commercial rapper........he doesn't deserve the title of MC.
 12-05-2006, 01:17 PM         #173
sonson10th 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this dude thinks his better than everybody
 12-05-2006, 01:38 PM         #174
casanova83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr. Beatz said:
Lil Wayne once said he was the "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired."
Well, with Jay-Z — the man Weezy once called his favorite MC — out of retirement (see "Jay-Z's 'Retirement' Is Finally Over: New Album Due In November"), Wayne said his stance has changed a bit. Lil Wayne has declared he's still the best — even if Hov is officially back on the playing field (see "The Making Of The Best: Lil Wayne Plots His Path To The Top").
"I'm better than him," Wayne said in the new issue of Complex magazine, which features the Cash Money Millionaire on the cover with Travis Barker. "I'm 24 years old. ... I'm 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold."
In the article, Wayne also had some disparaging words for the Clipse, Pharrell Williams and and Young Buck, and said he took issue with Jay rapping about being "hip-hop's savior."
"I don't like what he's saying about how he had to come back because hip-hop's dead and we need him," Wayne said. "What the f--- do you mean? If anything it's reborn, so he's probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, 'Yo, this is Jay's house. He's the best.' Now he comes back and still thinks it's his house. ... It's not your house anymore, and I'm better than you."
Jay recently clarified stamping himself "hip-hop's savior" on Kingdom Come as a play on words. "When I say 'saving hip-hop,' I don't mean like I'm standing on a mountain saving hip-hop," he said. "I mean, hip-hop needs events, it needs certain things to happen at certain times, like a spark of energy. Like a [Dr.] Dre album or those moments in time that you look back on when Snoop Dogg first came out, it was like 800,000 [albums sold] in the first week. Those events are needed in hip-hop, and it just felt like it was too far in between.
"My album, I believe, is just going to do its part," he continued. "It's not single-handedly going to save hip-hop. No one can do that. I don't have those delusions of grandeur."
Looking at sales of Hova's latest opus, it looks like he's close to accomplishing his mission. He sold close to 700,000 copies in his first week, easily taking the #1 position (see "Jay-Z Scores Seventh #1 With Kingdom Come").
On Monday (December 4), a video for the album's second single, "Lost Ones," debuted on "TRL." "I feel like a rock star," he said when MTV recently asked him what it feels like to be Jay-Z. "I'm happy to be back. I'm happy to be embraced by the people the way I am already. I'm anxious for people to hear the music I've got. I think you're going to enjoy it, and I'm feeling like a rock star right now. I'm feeling like I'm in the best shape of my life. Muhammad Hovie!"
Jay obviously felt especially great on Monday: He was celebrating his 37th birthday.
source mtv.com
i feel what wayne was sayin cause u can't say u retired and all of a sudden u say u back...........thats like if u sellin drugs on a corner and say i'm done wit tha drug game and sum body take ovea yo corner and u come back and in tha game and be like gimmie my corner back............. u can't do that i don't care who u iz
 12-05-2006, 02:02 PM         #175
KCK 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
YO WAYNE IS A BEAST AS WELL BUT HE HASNT PROVEN HISSELF JUS YET WAIT TILL THE CARTER 3 IT WILL DEFINETLY BE BETTER THAN KINGDOM COME YO THEN HE CAN TALK sh*t BUT THEY NEED TO GET ON A TRACK TOGETHER B4 THEY GO BACK AND FORTH WITH EACH OTHER
 11 years ago '06        #176
NickJ Da Voice 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,435 | Props total: 2 2
i wonder did some1 ghostwrite wayne's comments................LMAO
 11 years ago '06        #177
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
 casanova83 said:
i feel what wayne was sayin cause u can't say u retired and all of a sudden u say u back...........thats like if u sellin drugs on a corner and say i'm done wit tha drug game and sum body take ovea yo corner and u come back and in tha game and be like gimmie my corner back............. u can't do that i don't care who u iz
:applause: props
 12-05-2006, 03:08 PM         #178
ClearSmoke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 reallmusik said:
i'm not so sure about that.. name a rapper who comes even close to wayne down here???

and don't say any one of those wack azz bubble gum rappers from Atlanta...
T.I. can't fu*k wit Wayne even if he tried!!!
ludacris, and chamillionaire.......nuff said
 12-05-2006, 03:28 PM         #179
MOBBOSS504 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hate to say it but wayne is k!llin jay
 11 years ago '06        #180
therulersback 
space
space
space
$1,091 | Props total: 5 5
hes right. carter II is better than kingdom come. hes saying hes better than jay now, not jay from 96-03. and i respect wayne more for saying this, then some oh i love hova, glad hes back bullsh*t.

ANYTIME you admit another (current) rapper is better than you, you need to get the fu*k out of the game. whats the point of trying. you just lost all of your self respect/motivation.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
54 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
89 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
37 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy