Dec 4 - Lil Wayne Goes After Onetime Idol Jay-Z: 'I'm Better Than Him'

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
112 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
160 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #141
4evaYoung 
space
space
$598 | Props total: 0 0
B.G once admitted that he was addicted to herion. A addiction that plagued him for awhile. Now I believe that lil Wayne has began using coke. Not crack but i do believe that he is doing lines. To say something like this the best reason would be that he was doing lines and has been doing lines for quite sometime.
 12-05-2006, 07:11 AM         #142
RIDEorSMURF 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Just one man's opinion;

JAY-Z is Wack. Before yall jump on me for saying that, listen or read first. JAY isn't focused on hiphop, he got his hands in so many other things it's impossible for him to truly focus on hiphop. yeah he can go in the studio and spit off the top of his head but, he has no depth to what he is saying. Is he better than lil Wayne? Of course he is but he ain't the JAY-Z we all love from a few years ago. Even his diss records on Jim Jones and Dame and Dipset is mediocre at best. So all you riders that jump on JAY's coat-tails whenever he does something don't just look at the artist look at the quality of his art. Let's not forget Hip-Hop is an art.

just one man's opinion.
 11 years ago '04        #143
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
 thehogue said:
thats coo i respect wut wayne is sayin... but wayne aint hip-hop tho... and jay would eat him up anyday... no matta how old

how isn't wayne hip hop??

do u even know what hip hop is??

matter of fact...do any of u know what hip hop is??

if so,please tell me,cause 9 outta 10 of u will be WRONG.

wit that said,wayne is wild for the night wit this comment.

Last edited by mt fuji; 12-05-2006 at 07:25 AM..
 11 years ago '05        #144
mattdogg444 
space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
lil wayne is a fruitcake who kisses other men
 11 years ago '06        #145
BlackandGifted 17 heat pts17
space
space
$24,431 | Props total: 788 788
 Mr. Beatz said:
Lil Wayne once said he was the "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired."
Well, with Jay-Z the man Weezy once called his favorite MC out of retirement (see "Jay-Z's 'Retirement' Is Finally Over: New Album Due In November"), Wayne said his stance has changed a bit. Lil Wayne has declared he's still the best even if Hov is officially back on the playing field (see "The Making Of The Best: Lil Wayne Plots His Path To The Top").
"I'm better than him," Wayne said in the new issue of Complex magazine, which features the Cash Money Millionaire on the cover with Travis Barker. "I'm 24 years old. ... I'm 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold."
In the article, Wayne also had some disparaging words for the Clipse, Pharrell Williams and and Young Buck, and said he took issue with Jay rapping about being "hip-hop's savior."
"I don't like what he's saying about how he had to come back because hip-hop's dead and we need him," Wayne said. "What the f--- do you mean? If anything it's reborn, so he's probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, 'Yo, this is Jay's house. He's the best.' Now he comes back and still thinks it's his house. ... It's not your house anymore, and I'm better than you."
Jay recently clarified stamping himself "hip-hop's savior" on Kingdom Come as a play on words. "When I say 'saving hip-hop,' I don't mean like I'm standing on a mountain saving hip-hop," he said. "I mean, hip-hop needs events, it needs certain things to happen at certain times, like a spark of energy. Like a [Dr.] Dre album or those moments in time that you look back on when Snoop Dogg first came out, it was like 800,000 [albums sold] in the first week. Those events are needed in hip-hop, and it just felt like it was too far in between.
"My album, I believe, is just going to do its part," he continued. "It's not single-handedly going to save hip-hop. No one can do that. I don't have those delusions of grandeur."
Looking at sales of Hova's latest opus, it looks like he's close to accomplishing his mission. He sold close to 700,000 copies in his first week, easily taking the #1 position (see "Jay-Z Scores Seventh #1 With Kingdom Come").
On Monday (December 4), a video for the album's second single, "Lost Ones," debuted on "TRL." "I feel like a rock star," he said when MTV recently asked him what it feels like to be Jay-Z. "I'm happy to be back. I'm happy to be embraced by the people the way I am already. I'm anxious for people to hear the music I've got. I think you're going to enjoy it, and I'm feeling like a rock star right now. I'm feeling like I'm in the best shape of my life. Muhammad Hovie!"
Jay obviously felt especially great on Monday: He was celebrating his 37th birthday.
source mtv.com

wayne is an idiot,he should fwd his checks to gillie da kid
 11 years ago '05        #146
jbrant24 
space
space
space
$48 | Props total: 0 0
 RIDEorSMURF said:
Just one man's opinion;

JAY-Z is Wack. Before yall jump on me for saying that, listen or read first. JAY isn't focused on hiphop, he got his hands in so many other things it's impossible for him to truly focus on hiphop. yeah he can go in the studio and spit off the top of his head but, he has no depth to what he is saying. Is he better than lil Wayne? Of course he is but he ain't the JAY-Z we all love from a few years ago. Even his diss records on Jim Jones and Dame and Dipset is mediocre at best. So all you riders that jump on JAY's coat-tails whenever he does something don't just look at the artist look at the quality of his art. Let's not forget Hip-Hop is an art.

just one man's opinion.
True. Very well said
 11 years ago '06        #147
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
Can someone tell me one lil wayne song that I can listen to that will have me like damn this dude is super nice...just one song. I got all his sh*t and not once have i got excited listening to dude flow, not once has he said some sh*t that makes me contemplate whats going on, from my experience he willl have a hot punchline and then fu*k up the rest of the flow, Im an avid hip hop listener i actually hear what n*ggas is saying. I'm a die hard Jay fan and I'll admit Kingdom Come is no classic, but there are songs on the lp with thought provoking lyrics. Maybe wayne has grown but he went from lil wayne to maybe just wayne, not grown man wayne. For the record it takes more than punchlines to be a genius on the mic. Wayne is basic math, Jay is Calculus and dumb n*ggas will never learn how to do the sh*t cause they still learning how to add.

Before I go, Is Lupe Fiasco's Food and Liquor a Masterpiece? I listened to it multiple times and have came to the conclusion that this is one of tthe most intelligent CD's of all time.

Last edited by Fiya Starter; 12-05-2006 at 07:34 AM..
 11 years ago '06        #148
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
To crown wayne king is insane you cant become the king off of mixtapes, you gotta sit down make a albulm (not a couple of verses) that it is hotter than everything else out and he has not done so, Honestly the game belongs to Mr. West, his first two CD's can outshine anybody in the game right now, and for all you hardcore n*ggas that wanna hate, bein the nicest aint aboout how many n*ggas you say you can shoot or how much dope you would have to sell if you wasn't rappin, its about saying sh*t that makes sense in a creative way so n*ggas wanna listen and that is what Kanye does.
Who else right now has 2 cd's that you can listen to from begining to end over and over again.......I'lll wait
 11 years ago '06        #149
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
 blacdood said:
nah forreal why is everybody underestimating weezy for ? just cause he's the best rapper alive now everybody gon hate. i bet all yall muhfu*kaz was sayin the same sh*t about pac when he was alive and then right after he died yall started sayin he's the best rapper ever. man fu*k yall weezy haters...get over it jay aint the same jay no mo, its a weezy take over. dont get mad im only bein real...
Best rapper alive? based on what. When pac was here n*ggas was arguing if he was the best. tto be honest this thread is the only place on earth where someone is even dumb enough to say wayne is the nicest, when that n*gga die he will not be mentioned with other great rappers sorry boys he aint that cold. Pac had All Eyes on Me, Me afainst the world, and makaveli.

Jay has Reasonable Doubt (which most of yall dumb n*ggas never heard), The In my Lifetime series, Blueprint, and the Black Albulm.

Wayne has the carter 1-100 mixtapes and lights out, Please

truth be told his discography is not even in the top 10 of current rappers and until someone can tell me what he has done to even be considered with greatness just stop, continue to be lil wayne fans but stop the maddness
 12-05-2006, 07:57 AM         #150
502forLife 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree wit wayne.
 11 years ago '06        #151
Exxo 
space
space
$583 | Props total: 0 0
I'ma fan of both, but both them n*ggas fell off. Kingdom Come was mediocre and Like Father Like Son was mostly garbage.
 12-05-2006, 08:35 AM         #152
NY ReeMo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would like to see the source of this. If Wayne feels he's better than Jay, its up to the fans to decide.
 11 years ago '04        #153
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,116 | Props total: 1150 1150
wtf..sh*ts fake anyway
 11 years ago '04        #154
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Im sure everyone can agree that lil wayne basically bit his "new" style from the east and at first he was sounding like Hov.....and everyone should be able to agree this Hov joint aint changed hip-hop at all. Hopefully Hov and Nas or other major artists (Snoop and the West major contenders) will be able to put together major tours without BS and bring positive light to hip-hop instead of hating on each other/coast/style
 12-05-2006, 09:03 AM         #155
killuminatinow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
none of them can fu*k with Ghost or Raekwon. so leave that commerical sh*t and get back to your roots.
 11 years ago '06        #156
FeS RoY 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,128 | Props total: 12 12
since them other n*ggas wanna bring up other rappers imma bring out the BEST rapper which is Z-Ro..... the end
 11 years ago '05        #157
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 50 50
wayne is good and everythin, but in no way shape or form is he better than Jay. But i guess that what happens to your brain when you snort crack.
 11 years ago '04        #158
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
yeah SnitchSet def got in his ear.... Juelz make a nice cd w/o Gillie writting ur shyt then talk... HOW CAN U BE THE BEST RAPPER ALIVE WHEN U HAD A GHOST WRITER CMON NOW.... Jay-Z>GILLE>Wayne..... Now that he dont got Gillie no more lets see what he style is NOW...
 11 years ago '04        #159
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 NY ReeMo said:
I would like to see the source of this. If Wayne feels he's better than Jay, its up to the fans to decide.
 slimyellow said:
wtf..sh*ts fake anyway
Um, no it's not. Go to it's on the front page. Based on the way the site is set up now you can't directly link to articles.
 11 years ago '06        #160
ugo6ox 
space
space
$279 | Props total: 0 0
If wayne is better than Jay-Z then Hip Hop really has a problem...what does Wayne rap about???? NOTHING,, he just be flowing about nothing!!!! He need to stop kissing baby and look who all he is dissing...pharrell? Jay-z? G-unit? woooow! he is threading on a very thin line...fu*king around with Dipset got wayne on some other sh*t... like jay said... u hustle with your parents so Wayne is a lil n*gga.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy