Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Todd Todd Todd Mcshay first mock.
58 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
77 comments
@games

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

0 0%
Voters: 0. This poll is closed

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
12816 pageviews
241 comments

Mr. Beatz 2 heat pts
space
space
$123 | Props total: 2 2
Dec 4 - Lil Wayne Goes After Onetime Idol Jay-Z: 'I'm Better Than Him'

Lil Wayne once said he was the "best rapper alive since the best rapper retired."
Well, with Jay-Z the man Weezy once called his favorite MC out of retirement (see "Jay-Z's 'Retirement' Is Finally Over: New Album Due In November"), Wayne said his stance has changed a bit. Lil Wayne has declared he's still the best even if Hov is officially back on the playing field (see "The Making Of The Best: Lil Wayne Plots His Path To The Top").
"I'm better than him," Wayne said in the new issue of Complex magazine, which features the Cash Money Millionaire on the cover with Travis Barker. "I'm 24 years old. ... I'm 13 years deep with five albums and 10 million records sold."
In the article, Wayne also had some disparaging words for the Clipse, Pharrell Williams and and Young Buck, and said he took issue with Jay rapping about being "hip-hop's savior."
"I don't like what he's saying about how he had to come back because hip-hop's dead and we need him," Wayne said. "What the f--- do you mean? If anything it's reborn, so he's probably having a problem with that. You left on a good note, and all of the artists were saying, 'Yo, this is Jay's house. He's the best.' Now he comes back and still thinks it's his house. ... It's not your house anymore, and I'm better than you."
Jay recently clarified stamping himself "hip-hop's savior" on Kingdom Come as a play on words. "When I say 'saving hip-hop,' I don't mean like I'm standing on a mountain saving hip-hop," he said. "I mean, hip-hop needs events, it needs certain things to happen at certain times, like a spark of energy. Like a [Dr.] Dre album or those moments in time that you look back on when Snoop Dogg first came out, it was like 800,000 [albums sold] in the first week. Those events are needed in hip-hop, and it just felt like it was too far in between.
"My album, I believe, is just going to do its part," he continued. "It's not single-handedly going to save hip-hop. No one can do that. I don't have those delusions of grandeur."
Looking at sales of Hova's latest opus, it looks like he's close to accomplishing his mission. He sold close to 700,000 copies in his first week, easily taking the #1 position (see "Jay-Z Scores Seventh #1 With Kingdom Come").
On Monday (December 4), a video for the album's second single, "Lost Ones," debuted on "TRL." "I feel like a rock star," he said when MTV recently asked him what it feels like to be Jay-Z. "I'm happy to be back. I'm happy to be embraced by the people the way I am already. I'm anxious for people to hear the music I've got. I think you're going to enjoy it, and I'm feeling like a rock star right now. I'm feeling like I'm in the best shape of my life. Muhammad Hovie!"
Jay obviously felt especially great on Monday: He was celebrating his 37th birthday.
source mtv.com

241 comments for "Dec 4 - Lil Wayne Goes After Onetime Idol Jay-Z: 'I'm Better Than Him'"

11 years ago '05        #2
ya boy, chea 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
wheres the source, and if this is true, waynes stupid, hes nowhere near jay, jay is 10 yrs in the game wit 35+ million sold, and wayne ramble and wat not
 11 years ago '06        #3
loudobbs 
space
space
$456 | Props total: 8 8
LMAO is all i can say

oh yeah that and weezys on crack
 12-04-2006, 05:25 PM         #4
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats coo i respect wut wayne is sayin... but wayne aint hip-hop tho... and jay would eat him up anyday... no matta how old
 11 years ago '04        #5
Krairo 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 159 159
OMG Jay-Z's real age somebody tell DIPSET!!!
 12-04-2006, 05:30 PM         #6
wizard420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wayne is a fu*kin idiot cause he ain't even the best in the south
 11 years ago '04        #7
thuggy05 
space
space
space
$838 | Props total: 1 1
wayne done lost it
but jay is 37: thats funny
n*gga old as fu*k
 11 years ago '04        #8
mistatnn 
space
space
$5,466 | Props total: 2953 2953
i hope jay spits back and crushes this young n*gga. WAYNE = OVERRATED
 11 years ago '06        #9
Silent 
space
space
space
$81 | Props total: 0 0
lil wayne is definitely going out of his place to say that he is better than jay. wayne is a monster but jay is a beast. hip hop was not dead but jay has brought it back to par. his album may not be the old jay we all know but he has matured as an artist. everyone is quick to hat his new album because they cant relate to it, but thats the point. jay decided its time to resurrect reality and not stories about his life. we all know what he once was but now we want know what hes become. wayne has to step up his abc rhymes and move up to the next grade. he still sounds like hes twelve so he is not even on jays level.
 11 years ago '05        #10
jdean23 
space
space
$709 | Props total: 0 0
wayne is the best
 11 years ago '05        #11
NNatic 
space
space
space
$746 | Props total: 114 114
WHAAAT?! wayne is honestly PURE garbage. his album was okay and his with his homo boyfriend baby was fu*king trash man. Cash money is gone. retire boys... you dont have the appeal anymore. Sorry
 11 years ago '04        #12
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9508 9508
Personally I like both. I thought the Carter 2 was hard as fu*k. But I wasn't feelin' Jay's new album as much as I did the black album or blueprint. Everyone's gotta talk big. I bet TI says he's the best, Snoop says he's the best, Jay says he's the best. It's all opinion. I just hope this fosters some quality tracks that come out in the near future.
 11 years ago '05        #13
JayLouis 
space
space
space
$419 | Props total: 0 0
wayne is better then jay
 12-04-2006, 05:48 PM         #14
ItsDaCarter20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fake a.ss sh*t, and the boy is better than JayZ right now, Jayz is played the fu*k out but nobody has the balls to admit it
 11 years ago '06        #15
iNSPiRED4fR33 
space
space
$1,567 | Props total: 78 78
Lil Wayne is fu*kin garbage he's always been, he thinks hes the man ever since he left Cash Money and stopped being that little dude in the background of Juve videos. n*ggas is talkin reckless, nobodies better than Hov. Cam, Jim Jones, Weezy, none of these dudes dont even come close to his stature. Nas was and will always be the ONLY emcee right up Hov's alley, thats just the way it is, theres no competition here. fu*kin' n*ggas are retarded HIP HOP IS DEAD, wow!!
 11 years ago '04        #16
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,155 | Props total: 9508 9508
Lyrically...Eminem was the best rapper. Maybe his subject matter and stories weren't up to Jay and Nas. But his linguistics (sp?) haven't been touched by anybody IMO. Even though his last few albums were garbage.
 11 years ago '05        #17
DMT|B 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,113 | Props total: 516 516
who cares
dt
 12-04-2006, 06:00 PM         #18
Fucker 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't understand why he has so many fans. He doesn't appeal to me at all. I don't care how "lyrical" he is, the guys voice sounds like nails on a chalk board. And he really needs to stop taking pictures of himself without a shirt on like he's ripped. He's built like a fu*kin tooth pick.

Last edited by Fucker; 12-04-2006 at 06:05 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #19
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
Damn shame.
 12-04-2006, 06:04 PM         #20
ktbballplaya 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do n*ggaz constantly on here believe everything they hear... yall constantly buying these woof tickets...where the fu*k is the source...n*ggaz believe ne thing these days its a damn shame..specially when it comes to lil wayne yall love to hate that n*gga so wateva negativity comes to him yall jump all over it
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
44 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
20 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
129 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
59 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
103 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
61 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
114 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
52 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy