Anyone ever intergrate an aftermarket radio into a Bose System?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
62 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
102 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
11860 pageviews
17 comments

Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,938 | Props total: 89 89
Anyone ever intergrate an aftermarket radio into a Bose System?

I have a 99' Acura CL 3.0, the radio is sh*t, it constanly acts fuzzy and skips like dirt is on the disc, and the disc be clean.
I recently purchased a
[pic - click to view]

Pioneer Bluetooth unit. I went to my local shop and talked to the head guy there when I was interested in a DVD unit, he told me the Bose woofer will no longer work on it. image

Does anyone know how to connect it, so that the Bose woofer still works?

UPDATE!!

Did not purchse pioneer deck. Looking for a deck now!

Last edited by Hyper_Intel; 01-19-2007 at 06:03 PM..

17 comments for "Anyone ever intergrate an aftermarket radio into a Bose System?"

12-02-2006, 12:27 AM         #2
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Companies Like Perphial Make Adaptors For Bose Equipment. I Would Recomend Pulling All The Bose But If Thats Not In Ur Budget U Can Get The Adaptors And Its Pretty Much A Plug N Play Process
 12-02-2006, 12:57 AM         #3
adrush 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I share your pain, I have a 99 Mazda with the same damn problem. CD just burned, taken carefully to the car and it doesn't read right and cuts back to the first track all the time. Either the units in general are flat out old and are done at this point, or Bose is a piece of sh*t to begin with.

Either way, I can't help, but I can say it's possible. It's just going to cost more regardless of what you have to do, in terms of buying more sh*t. Sucks, but I'd imagine it's worth it.

Last edited by adrush; 12-02-2006 at 01:00 AM..
 12-02-2006, 02:06 PM         #4
GhosT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
just replace all the equipment, it's better and easier, maybe a lil more spendy but worth it
one
GhosT
 11 years ago '04        #5
NyShow 106 heat pts106
space
space
$5,285 | Props total: 543 543
yea like Ghost said, just strip it all out. my boy had an Acura TL and had to do the same thing.
 11 years ago '05        #6
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
damn i thought bose was good. i guess not
 12-09-2006, 04:40 PM         #7
curtis93 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have a 2000 TL, Im running to stock BOSE system, with a Stock Bose sub in the back. It's connected into the amp as a line input. So i got one 10" aftermarket sub, along with my stock sub working with the aftermarket one. Best Buy told me it wasnt possible but it is.
 12-09-2006, 06:53 PM         #8
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 curtis93 said:
I have a 2000 TL, Im running to stock BOSE system, with a Stock Bose sub in the back. It's connected into the amp as a line input. So i got one 10" aftermarket sub, along with my stock sub working with the aftermarket one. Best Buy told me it wasnt possible but it is.
IT ISNT IDEAL BUT YES ITS VERY POSSIBLE
 12-09-2006, 08:50 PM         #9
curtis93 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SKINNI said:
IT ISNT IDEAL BUT YES ITS VERY POSSIBLE
Why isn't it ideal?
 12-09-2006, 09:30 PM         #10
SKINNI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its Not A Good Idea To Mix Subs.
 12-10-2006, 11:32 AM         #11
carden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo you do aftermarket cd player on bose...you prolly gonna have to rewire your speakers to make sh*t work...and the sub. you might have to put a switch on it to flip it on...cus i think when you change the deck the sub wont just turn on anymore for some reason..but i think you can put a switch on it to flip it on..i dont know why...i had to do that before.
 11 years ago '04        #12
Hyper_Intel 28 heat pts28 OP
space
space
 carden said:
yo you do aftermarket cd player on bose...you prolly gonna have to rewire your speakers to make sh*t work...and the sub. you might have to put a switch on it to flip it on...cus i think when you change the deck the sub wont just turn on anymore for some reason..but i think you can put a switch on it to flip it on..i dont know why...i had to do that before.
Yeah, I think that's the case. Will talk to Aztec Audio on 159th by Pizza Hut, hopefully they won't screw me over with more than 65$ to do it.
 11 years ago '04        #13
space
space
Ok, found out that I have to pay about $130 for 2 parts. 1 to keep my steering wheel controls working, another to keep my subwoofer and bose speakers sounding right. If anyone needs advice on Acura's I suggest you hit up acurazine.com, they have some good stuff.
 12-16-2006, 08:37 AM         #14
carden 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyper_Intel said:
Ok, found out that I have to pay about $130 for 2 parts. 1 to keep my steering wheel controls working, another to keep my subwoofer and bose speakers sounding right. If anyone needs advice on Acura's I suggest you hit up acurazine.com, they have some good stuff.
i just got a high low crossover and ran sh*t off my factory sub to my amps channels and now my sh*t bangs nice then i put a switch off the rca's to reset them whenever i want to turn on my subs on it's nice for the coppsters...
 12-17-2006, 01:49 AM         #15
YoungWill 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I deal with car audio sales and install at my other job... This happens all the time and that Bose sh*t that everyone has in their cars isn't anything compared to aftermarket systems, even the average ones. We have a brand new Mazda at our store that we show off with a full system, nothing custom or crazy, just the average stuff we sell. Basically the car came with that Bose system stuff and we had to bypass the stock amp that powers the entire Bose speaker system and amplifier. After just replacing the front and rear speakers with two sets of $139 Polk Audio speakers, it already sounded a lot better just running off the power the new Pioneer aftermarket deck put out. We eventually added an amp to power the interior speakers, an amp to power one 12 inch MTX sub and it sounds dope. Anyways, the point I'm getting at is the Bose systems aren't always what they're cracked up to be, definitely better than the stock, but not better than the average aftermarket stuff.

To get to your problem, like Carden was saying, you could buy a high low crossover or something like that, but I wouldn't bother. Did you get the actual BlueTooth unit for the Pioneer deck too? Or just the Pioneer deck that is Bluetooth capable? Because that should take up one of the AUXs in the back. And you don't want to have too much going on with your entire deck. I would just buy some some $100 Polk or Kicker speakers at your local Circuit City, toss them in the front and back and power them off your deck. Pioneer decks provide pretty good quality. Then later on, if you want some more bass, just buy a decent Kicker amp and toss a 12" of some sort in there. Or if you want to be cheap and simple you can buy one of those little Bazooka bass tubes, they don't sound the greatest, but it should be at least better than your stock Bose sub and the Bazooka tubes come powered these days, so it's simple to hook them up.

Hope everything works out man!
 01-05-2007, 06:17 PM         #16
pistacio 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyper_Intel said:

I had an aftermarket deck in my 02 Acura TL-S with the bose....that sh*t was horrible. I only lasted a week with the bose in the doors before swapping all four. There is a factory EQ that over-compensates the highs for the bose speakers....making them distort with an aftermarket deck. The only thing that won't work is the sub and wheel controls. Don't let the install shops tell you "you have to re-wire the whole car"....its a bunch of sh*t. The door speakers WILL work.

You went to the right place....ACURAZINE.COM !!!!
 11 years ago '04        #17
space
space
The parts I need to make this plan complete and keep my Bose speakers:

PAC SWI-PS Pioneer/ Sony Steering Wheel Audio Interface
$55 off Ebay, just purchased it today.

[pic - click to view]

Soundgate XR4 - Headunit replacement interface & line output converter.
$100, looking to find it cheaper some place. Might just go to and cop it.

[pic - click to view]

01-29-2007, 04:38 PM         #18
IBlazeDaily 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont know why everybody has so much negative comments about Bose w/ an aftermarket...I own a 02 Altima 3.5 SE with a Bose system, when I bought the whip last year I purchased an Pioneer AVIC-D1 (D1 or D2 whichever is the Double-Din) and that sh*t has kept me rocking every since, Bose is the sh*t, Pioneer makes good sh*t, it's all good sh*t ya dig!
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy