Nov 29 - Despite Early Reports Jay-Z Sells 680K, "It Didn't Live Up To People's Expectations"

most viewed right now
 75
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
204 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 74
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
253 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 66
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
91 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
176 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12-01-2006, 03:33 AM         #61
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BearWalken79 said:
These kids today don't care about lyrics anymore,you put a rapper in there who can't rap worth a sh*t with off the hook beats and they will give it 5 stars.
its funny but true... so wut u gotta make hits the end of the day... the album still sold more than its worth lol... although i do like the album...
 12-01-2006, 03:35 AM         #62
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 davon4204 said:
Thats because they were making real hip-hop music then. These rappers these days don't have it. I mean i heard a few that could make classic albums but all they are doing now is trying to make that one hit to get rich fast thats all they don't want to make good albums and good music they want that money. Shyt the industry is watered down thats why they say hip-hop is dead. n*ggaz tranna make a hot a.ss club joint so that they can maybe get paid because thats what you mostly hear nowadays and on the radio is club joints. Seems like all people wanna do is dance and rock wit it huh?
we cant blame artist for tryna make hits cuz if most of em dont they will get dropped easily... lol... i mean i dont really like commercial rap but aye u gotta do wut u gotta do... i mean u wanna please fans but in the same sense u gotta live and take care of urself and/or family right?!
 12-01-2006, 04:08 AM         #63
ElMarroAfamado 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my mistake i actually bought that cd too, that one that has a white cover n sh*t the cd with hard knock life...sorry for not knowing haha never after that never been a fan ..
 11 years ago '05        #64
Knockout Kingz 
space
avatar space
space
$2,043 | Props total: 81 81
 jiggamanll said:
Numbers dont lie. I think the album caters to a different crowd. Still hip hop but it has a more grown sense to it.
===========================================
Sumed it up it ONE WHOLE SENTENCE!!!!
This is the truth right here!!
 12-01-2006, 06:37 AM         #65
wheezymcnasty 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like the album! I aint sayin its a classic but damn its the new state of hip hop! U ant get that old school hip hop that used to be back in the 90's. Just like u couldnt get that old 80's sound in the 90's! Hip Hop has changed! Well not really i just think of it like this Hip Hop ain't dead that sh*ts just "lost in translation" cause u got n*gga's like D4L and Dem Franchise Boys claiming that they're Hip Hop when really they are just RAPPERS!!!!!!!!!!! Now I know it's gonna be hard to understand but there's a big difference between rap and hip hop music! I'm only 21 and i study hip hop because i love the feel of real hip hop! U know the feeling that u get when u hear a track and it makes u stop and picture wat the n*gga is actually sayin! Now thats hip hop! Not this bullsh*t about ridin rims! And snappin ur fingers! There has been a few albums this year that have had some hip hop goin and one of them is the game! I hate the game wit a passion but when i heard his new sh*t and know the sh*t he been through u can only recognize that man been through hell! And to come out at number 1!!! That's Hip Hop! Not comin in at number 10 but havin the hottest ringtone!!! i.e Chamillionaire, Yung Joc! So instead of people claiming hip hop is dead how be we just categorize the sh*t differently! So we can say it like this Jim Jones - Rap, Saigon - Hip Hop!!!! It's as simple as that!!!!
 11 years ago '06        #66
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 thehogue said:
its funny but true... so wut u gotta make hits the end of the day... the album still sold more than its worth lol... although i do like the album...
I wasn't knocking Jay-Z in that statement,actually I was giving him props for not pleasing the beat wh0ores....lyrically this is arguably his best album IMO and if people listen to what he's rhymin about people will understand why he used the beats he used.
 11 years ago '04        #67
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 BearWalken79 said:
I wasn't knocking Jay-Z in that statement,actually I was giving him props for not pleasing the beat wh0ores....lyrically this is arguably his best album IMO and if people listen to what he's rhymin about people will understand why he used the beats he used.

Jay is saying alot of nothing....I listen to his lyric


1st Verse:
Give the drummer some
sh*t, I already gave the summer some
Itís the winterís turn
Hovie Hov is the coldest
Iím just getting better with time
Iím like Opus
One Young, no two alike like a snowflake
Ok, Show me what you got babe
Words is slurring engine purring
Mami frontin but Iím so determined
Shots of patron now sheís in a zone
I ainít talking about the 2-3
Mami in the zone like the homie 2-3
Jordan or James
Makes no difference boo Iím ballin the same
n*gga I am the Mike Jordan of recording
n*gga You might want to fall back from recording
sh*t that you right itís not important
So it forced him to go for the hype
For being brave and they may applaud him
Well misery I will a.ssure them
Aww baby just ignore them
Truth or dare mami listen and learn
I got a drop I just took off the top
Itís your turn



okay what did he say in this bars....nothing! Lil wayne style a bunch of words about how he's the best..Okay! if that's Grown man music I want to stay young because the sh*t he was spitting in Reasonable Doubt is more complex then this What the fu*k is he rhyming about? Please tell me..


Last edited by Mysonne; 12-01-2006 at 09:05 AM..
 12-01-2006, 09:20 AM         #68
xthaxfranchise3 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
def not his best album
 11 years ago '04        #69
DonofDons21 
space
avatar space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
props to yall n*ggaz for keepin it real...KC is an aight album...Black album had a few skippers on it but kc i can only bump 4 songs

Killarmy's first lp >>>KC
 11 years ago '05        #70
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 Mysonne said:
And eveybody else knows it but they don't want to admit it. I'm a real fan of music and real fans are going to tell it how it is; not what people want to hear. That is the true reason hip hop is dying. We the fans are acccepting average music and lowering our standards, just for the sake of wanting to hear your favorite emcee who hasn't drop in a few years. Bring 92-99 back!

And the dude that called me a 16 yr old don't know sh*t about music. I was 15 when reasonable doubt dropped. I remember the date 6/25/96 and copped Heltah Skeltah's Nocturnal the tuesday before that. That's when music was on it's A game. Trust i know what i'm talking about. I'm a true fan.
Oh man you're a true fan because you were 15 when reasonable doubt dropped, that is so special. I was one month away from 15. Who gives a fu*k. Do you want a cookie for listening to good music? How was the black album average? It had maybe one or 2 throw away tracks and the rest were strong beat and lyrically wise. Almost the same as reasonable doubt. Just because it didn't drop in the 90's doesn't make it good music. Hip hop is not dead because of the fans. Hip Hop is dead because Corporate America took it over and Hip Hop artists stopped trying to make good music and instead just put out crap that appealed to the masses so that they could make that dollar. There still are good artists out there putting out good music.


Last edited by Santoro; 12-01-2006 at 09:43 AM..
 11 years ago '04        #71
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 Santoro said:
Oh man you're a true fan because you were 15 when reasonable doubt dropped, that is so special. I was one month away from 15. Who gives a fu*k. Do you want a cookie for listening to good music? How was the black album average? It had maybe one or 2 throw away tracks and the rest were strong beat and lyrically wise. Almost the same as reasonable doubt. Just because it didn't drop in the 90's doesn't make it good music. Hip hop is not dead because of the fans. Hip Hop is dead because Corporate America took it over and Hip Hop artists stopped trying to make good music and instead just put out crap that appealed to the masses so that they could make that dollar. There still are good artists out there putting out good music.
Nobody said I was a true fan cause I was 15 when the album dropped hooked on phonics. Read a book or something. As far as Iím concerned you can suck my d*ck, Tampa's most wanted. Youíre the only loser that feels that way and everybody else is giving me props and cosigning. We can't all be wrong. Also if you think the black album is the same as Reasonable Doubt, we are done talking anyways because you just showed you don't know sh*t about music. Just stick to your slim shady album, or rock music or whatever you was listening to before you decided to listen to black music.
 12-01-2006, 10:05 AM         #72
Katmassive 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
"It ain't for everybody" its for tru hip hop fans.. not n*ggas that just skim for the bounce club sh*t..
 11 years ago '06        #73
JCSIII 72 heat pts72
space
avatar space
space
$6,990 | Props total: 144 144
 Mysonne said:
Jay is saying alot of nothing....I listen to his lyric


1st Verse:
Give the drummer some
sh*t, I already gave the summer some
Itís the winterís turn
Hovie Hov is the coldest
Iím just getting better with time
Iím like Opus
One Young, no two alike like a snowflake
Ok, Show me what you got babe
Words is slurring engine purring
Mami frontin but Iím so determined
Shots of patron now sheís in a zone
I ainít talking about the 2-3
Mami in the zone like the homie 2-3
Jordan or James
Makes no difference boo Iím ballin the same
n*gga I am the Mike Jordan of recording
n*gga You might want to fall back from recording
sh*t that you right itís not important
So it forced him to go for the hype
For being brave and they may applaud him
Well misery I will a.ssure them
Aww baby just ignore them
Truth or dare mami listen and learn
I got a drop I just took off the top
Itís your turn



okay what did he say in this bars....nothing! Lil wayne style a bunch of words about how he's the best..Okay! if that's Grown man music I want to stay young because the sh*t he was spitting in Reasonable Doubt is more complex then this What the fu*k is he rhyming about? Please tell me..

LMAO,out of all the songs on the album you had to pick the most watered down of them all....pathetic This song is just a song for main stream attention and it worked because I hear it on tv regularly and is a major reason why the album has sold well so far.
 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM         #74
$HOWTIME 17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
like jay says "they try to take what the single is and single that out to be tha meanin of what he's about....... but no dummy thats tha sh*t i'm sprinklin tha album wit to keep tha registers ringin'....... in real life i'm much more distinguished"


listen to a jeezy single..... and listen to jays single. hell listen to any single..... n*ggaz aint tryna save the children and just overwhelm u wit knowledge..... they make sh*t u can bump or move to......


stop accin like cuz this man is tha BEST RAPPER he gotta be jumpin hurdles and workin miracles on music ment for radio........ if he did that y'all n*ggaz went request it noway
 12-01-2006, 10:57 AM         #75
$HOWTIME 17 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and that was to the fool quotin that show me verse
 11 years ago '04        #76
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 BearWalken79 said:
LMAO,out of all the songs on the album you had to pick the most watered down of them all....pathetic This song is just a song for main stream attention and it worked because I hear it on tv regularly and is a major reason why the album has sold well so far.

How is that Pathetic...I didn't write the song..It's not on my album. Are we talking about sales or quality of the music? Which one now, because you said listen to the lyrics... now youíre talking about it selling.
 11 years ago '05        #77
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
 Mysonne said:
The black album = Recycling bin

LOL at them saying it was a great album the Last great Jay album is the Blueprint
i heard that,besides anyway i listen to the grey album like that is what was commercially released hahah,i cant recall almost any of the beats from the regular black album aside from dirt off ya shoulders and lucifer


@jay's weak comeback album
 11 years ago '05        #78
Santoro 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$7,949 | Props total: 6 6
 Mysonne said:
Nobody said I was a true fan cause I was 15 when the album dropped hooked on phonics. Read a book or something. As far as Iím concerned you can suck my d*ck, Tampa's most wanted. Youíre the only loser that feels that way and everybody else is giving me props and cosigning. We can't all be wrong. Also if you think the black album is the same as Reasonable Doubt, we are done talking anyways because you just showed you don't know sh*t about music. Just stick to your slim shady album, or rock music or whatever you was listening to before you decided to listen to black music.
I said the structure was almost the same as reasonable doubt and it was. You're getting propped by some f*g**ts on the web so that of course speaks for everyone you fu*king tool. I'd say the 4 million plus that bought the black album would disagree with you. The best diss you have is Tampa's Most Wanted. I'd rather live my whole in Tampa, which I didn't, then live anywhere near sh*tty Newark. Didn't know Hip Hop was black music. Thought it was supposed to be for everyone you narrow minded fu*k.
 11 years ago '05        #79
Rapjunkie 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$3,778 | Props total: 16 16
^^the guy above me is real hostile
 11 years ago '04        #80
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
 Santoro said:

[spoiler - click to view]




If you didn't know the history then you really shouldn't be talking to me...


Last edited by Mysonne; 12-01-2006 at 11:09 AM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 57
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
62 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 57
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
72 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 40
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
45 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 26
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
80 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 18
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
145 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy