Phat ass white girl for real
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
59 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
103 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-26-2006, 08:41 AM         #1
7209 pageviews
11 comments

renagade281 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
question about hooking up in dash dvd player

so i got me a good deal on an in dash dvd player but im not quite sure where to run the emergency brake wire

of course i dont wanna ground it to the e-brake so where do i ground it...?

and theres a white/violet wire that says "reverse lamp"....im not sure about this wire either

someone help please...

EDIT: i was told i HAVE to have a toggle switch for the e-brake wire

is that true?

Last edited by renagade281; 11-26-2006 at 10:42 AM..

11 comments for "question about hooking up in dash dvd player"

11-26-2006, 01:54 PM         #2
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i didnt have to do any kind of toggle switch with mine, just hook the e brake ground to the main ground on the head unit... and im not for sure but i think the other wires have something to do with a backup camera, if you dont have one i dont think you need to worry about them...
 11 years ago '06        #3
pelphrey 
space
space
$196 | Props total: 0 0
whats the model number and brand on it. All brands and well even models are different. I just have to ground my kenwood, but in most cases you can't just ground the alpine units.
 11-26-2006, 02:19 PM         #4
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
its this one

i got it on sale for 300 so i went ahead and picked it up
 11-26-2006, 02:40 PM         #5
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thats not a high end unit, try grounding the wire to the main ground and i would bet you wouldnt have any problems, you prolly dont need to worry about the other wires, just tape them up...
 11-26-2006, 02:43 PM         #6
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
theres this white and purple wire that says something about reverse light or something also
 11-26-2006, 02:53 PM         #7
dcole18  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think that wire has something to do with a reverse camera (the light for that) maybe..., i just wouldnt worry about it, tape it up, install that bi*ch, and then come back and tell me if you like it... :D
 11 years ago '06        #8
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
jensen supplys dual and they have the almost same model as the dual just named jensen....here is a way to bypass it for the jensen touchscreen model...it might be the same for your dual...

ATTN: i am only providing this information, NOT recommending it. I am in no way at fault for your dumb actions while using this code. It is your own actions and your own responsbility to drive wisely. Please do so accordingly and use this information with care:

With that being said, here is the info for bypassing the parking brake sequence in the Jensen 06 model indash dvd players.

Information is taken from a forum known as ecoustics.:

The code is a permanent way of disabling the brake override on the jensen units.

There are two ways of doing this:

Insert the DVD

After the disc loads and plays you will see a blue screen telling you "it is unlawful to drive with a movie blah blah blah"

1)Activate the brake sequence and disable the blue screen using the hand brake, the switch method or anything else to give the unit its three pulses to disable that freakin blue screen.

(What I did was I installed my radio entirely, then took the pink wire and touched for two seconds, removed for two seconds and then touched and held the negative pole of a mower battery laying on my passenger seat until the screen was no longer blue.)

2) Next, on the main remote press stop twice, then 1, 2, 6, 4.

You will now see a hidden menu that says:

Region Code
Brake Override (I know you're drooling by now)
Macrovision (Watch all the burned and pirated movies you want if this option is off)
Loader Version
Model Version

3) Using the right joystick on the unit, navigate to the options of your choice, click on them to toggle on, off or which region code you want.

This is what you want:

Region Code: 1
Brake Override ON
Macrovision: OFF

When your done, click SYS SETUP on the main remote TWICE to save the settings and bingo, your done!!! Hooray!!! You can now k!ll your whole family in the car while watching that adult movie while your driving.....

The other way of doing this is by not engaging the parking brake sequence, thus you're inputting the code blindly.

1) Insert the DVD and you'll get the blue screen.

(If you have more than one tv, the unit itself will have the blue screen but the additional tv's you have plugged in will NOT, they will show the dvd menu. Thus you will be able to see the hidden menu on the additional screens after inputting the code, but not on the main unit because of its blue screen.)

2) On the main remote, push stop twice and then 1, 2, 6, 4

3) Push the joystick on the unit SOUTH twice and then click it once.

4) Press SYS SETUP on the main remote twice to save your settings.

It may take a few tries but you'll get it. This method can be done if you don't want to bother temporarily activating the brake sequence, but if you only have the unit and no additional tv's, its #$%^&* damn hardbecause you can't see the settings your changing.
 11-27-2006, 11:56 AM         #9
renagade281  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all i did was buy a 2 prong toggle switch and ran the parking brake wire to one prong and ran a wire from the other prong to the ground i already had and it works now

im so happy i been downloadin music vids all day
 11 years ago '06        #10
bizflawless 148 heat pts148
space
space
$6,163 | Props total: 92 92
want mroe vids?......hit up tha site in my sig......gotta join to get access tho
 11 years ago '04        #11
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
yeah, i got a switch on my screen to. I could have just grounded it out, but I put it on a switch so I could turn it off if any problems arose.
 11-30-2006, 03:41 PM         #12
imprezateam978  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the XDVD8181 doesnt have a sys setup button on the remote and the toggle switch only spins and presses in not in any direction. so that specific thing wont work for this model. the factory code is also different in the XDVD8181 than in the jensens. so if you can figure anything else for these people please do so. or do wat i did and contact dual directly and get the factory code.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
136 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
141 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
20 comments
2 days ago