Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
50 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '04        #1
6852 pageviews
121 comments

tjudge 
space
space
space
$22 | Props total: 0 0
Nov 24 - Jay-Z's Comeback CD Flies Off Shelves, Sells 850k

Jay-Z Week: Jay-Z's Comeback CD Flies Off Shelves, Sells 850k
Thursday - November 23, 2006 by Anthony Roberts
After a whirl-wind of promotion for the album, Jay-Z's comeback LP Kingdome Come is set to break first-week sales records for 2006 and will land at #1 on the charts come next week.

Riding the wave of a strong performance at the recent American Music Awards and an unprecedented "Hangar Tour," which included seven shows in less than 24 hours in Atlanta, Philadelphia, DC, New Jersey, Chicago, L.A. and Las Vegas, Jay-Z will finally be seeing the fruits of his labors once next week's charts are released.

Apparently the "Mike Jordan of recording" can still ball, with sales of his latest disc projected to reach 850,000 units by next week, according to HitsDailyDouble.com. Jigga's totals would clearly beat out the old record for the year held by the Rascal Flatts, who debuted with 714,000 records sold in their first week on shelves this past April.

In related news, Jay has also recently become the #1 on-demand artist ever on Clear Channel Radio, with 600,000 plays over the past week on more than 220 station websites. As previously reported by SOHH, the Brooklyn-bred MC partnered with Clear Channel stations Power 105 and Z100 in New York last week to give fans an exclusive opportunity to listen to the album in its entirety before its release date.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

http://sohh.com/articles/ .. icle.php/10313

121 comments for "Nov 24 - Jay-Z's Comeback CD Flies Off Shelves, Sells 850k"

11-24-2006, 09:38 PM         #2
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hovvvvvvvvvvaaaaaaaa best rapper alive
 11 years ago '05        #3
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
yeah right. THat album was garbagio. Worst Jay-Z album ever. His style and flow fell off. That's what happens fu*kin' wit that bi*ch.
 11-24-2006, 09:46 PM         #4
LookAtTheWheelz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree his worst album to date..
 11 years ago '05        #5
IceMaker 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,005 | Props total: 101 101
850,000 people bought it, but sales don't count I forgot
 11-24-2006, 09:49 PM         #6
JCrack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyphy707 said:
yeah right. THat album was garbagio. Worst Jay-Z album ever. His style and flow fell off. That's what happens fu*kin' wit that bi*ch.
sure but he still sold more than your favorite rapper. that album is very solid top to bottom, not a classic but solid.
 11-24-2006, 09:57 PM         #7
Possyy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
850K.......WOW!!!!!, now that is what i call "RESPECT"

everyone knows its NOT his Best work, but its an Average album plus its STILL Hov
 11-24-2006, 10:19 PM         #8
ReppinMyHood4L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yall crazy ...stop hatin...the album was hot...maybe if u guys listen to the lyrics and not all about the beats...he out sold...fat joe...game and banks combined..and jim jones....BROOKLYN!!!
 11 years ago '04        #9
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
i think yall got hova all f'ed up man. ive listen to everything jay-z has every come ot with and man kingdom come is a nice album. no it isnt a 5 mic-er but definately at least 4. I had to go listen to it somemore after the first listen and it grew big time. jay on some grown man sh*t and his flow is still hot. check out i made it and a couple other tracks and see what i mean.
 11-24-2006, 10:45 PM         #10
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hyphy707 said:
Thats your opinion

Personally I love the album
 11 years ago '04        #11
VerballyAbusive 
space
space
space
$4,466 | Props total: 293 293
I can't stop listenin to this album. I love it. A well balanced album.
 11 years ago '04        #12
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,217 | Props total: 2114 2114
album was nice...Blueprint 2 was the worst album he made....but it was still good...
 11-24-2006, 11:08 PM         #13
Naizen King 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people need to respect his matured state of mind..good album...i must admit...but yet not his best work...
 11 years ago '04        #14
A-Team 
space
space
$661 | Props total: 2 2
MEN LIE WOMEN LIE NUMBERS DONT ITS OVA 4 THAT BALLIN sh*t BBRRROOOKKKKLLLYYNN!!!!!!!!
 11-24-2006, 11:41 PM         #15
J0E CRE3P 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like the album alot minus two or three sons....good for hov
 11 years ago '05        #16
thatboydrae 
space
space
$1,323 | Props total: 315 315
 ReppinMyHood4L said:
yall crazy ...stop hatin...the album was hot...maybe if u guys listen to the lyrics and not all about the beats...he out sold...fat joe...game and banks combined..and jim jones....BROOKLYN!!!
Or maybe sometimes ppl just have their own opinion and don't like it.... and how much you sell has sh*t to do with anything...it depends more on promotion and Hova has the best...i mean he's backed by Budweiser, doesn't get much better than that!!
 11 years ago '04        #17
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
STFU most you jay-z "fans" on boxden.... Talkin bout oh Jay-z this, Jay-z that, Jay-Z saved my baby from a burning building threw up the roc and went HOV!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill bet 79% of you downloaded his sh*t....... If your such a big Jay-z fan you wouldnt have to worry bout puttin down 10 buck on your "god", but instead of supporting him you downloaded the album for FREE....... Me i supported my artist this year, and you dont see me swinging on they nuts callin other people who dont like it wack.........

AND IF YOU ACTUALLY BOUGHT JAY-Z ALBUM WE ALREADY RECIEVED YOUR CHECK AND PLEASE ALLOW 5-6 BUSINESS DAYS FOR YOUR CHECK TO BE CLEARED..........

In other words we cool.......
 11 years ago '05        #18
dipsetmob 1 heat pts
space
space
$264 | Props total: 0 0
OMG that sh*t sold....hahahahahahaha
 11 years ago '05        #19
Mrniceguy 
space
space
$3,851 | Props total: 25 25
only Hov could do some sh*t like that.

he had two wack singles "lost ones" and "show me what you got".

people still bought it off the strength of the name "HOV".
 11-25-2006, 12:14 AM         #20
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
got my copy today
gotta support real artists and real music
Home      

most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
119 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy