*End All to TV threads, Official ASK KJ about TV's Thread*

most viewed right now
 78
Image(s) inside Arab girls are leveling up too(got a booty and curves)
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 67
NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
71 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 49
Video inside This was by far the best catfish
41 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 43
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
39 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #41
G Clap 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
is it true that the lamp light or w/e dies after a couple of months and is very expensive to replace?
 11-30-2006, 09:49 PM         #42
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 G Clap said:
is it true that the lamp light or w/e dies after a couple of months and is very expensive to replace?

I'm a.ssuming you mean DLP's or LCD projections, the others don't have lamps. Well rear projection does, but those aren't something the average consumer can replace. Yes after a set # of thousands of hours, the bulb dies out. I don't think they're that expensive because you can usually find a good deal online. Depending on tv, prices range between 100-400.
 11 years ago '04        #43
BADBOI 
space
avatar space
space
$6,459 | Props total: 0 0
This is a ver valuable thread dat shoulndt be overlooked...

thread stuck.
 12-01-2006, 06:54 PM         #44
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
O sh*t son, sweet...subscribed...
 11 years ago '06        #45
PremiumBreeze 
space
space
space
$665 | Props total: 631 631
Just copped an Akai 50in. DLP (PT50DL14) from Costco here in Marina Del Rey (LA) for 999.99. Beware every Costco has different products although most locations have some of the same stuff. Playing a 360 on something like that will definatly spoil you rotten. The Akai is really a Samsung stripped down for Costco. They took out the VGA port and some of the PIP combos.
 12-12-2006, 09:31 PM         #46
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^ good to know, propped
 11 years ago '06        #47
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,068 | Props total: 13790 13790
how do i change from 720p to 1080i?I know my tv has it but i've never even messed with this thing dealin with hd....here's my tv....i have a samsung dlp....mosel number HLP5063WX/XAA
 12-20-2006, 03:54 PM         #48
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You're going to have to get a HD cable box, a.ssuming you're using cable tv. They'll get it to you and atleast in my area, you pay about $5 on top of your monthly bill. After connecting these, you will have true HD, which is 1080i. If you have any other questions, please ask.


Last edited by KJ Rulz; 12-20-2006 at 03:57 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #49
philly337 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$30,068 | Props total: 13790 13790
 KJ Rulz said:
You're going to have to get a HD cable box, a.ssuming you're using cable tv. They'll get it to you and atleast in my area, you pay about $5 on top of your monthly bill. After connecting these, you will have true HD, which is 1080i. If you have any other questions, please ask.
ok cool i was just wonderin if i needed to set my tv to anything first because i was playin xbox360 and it didn't look too much different but i found the settings in the dashboard and it was set on 420p...i set it up and wowwww .So i'm guessin this is with everything.....when you play an hd movie you can select in options and with cable you can select through the box...thanks!!

what do you think is better thought...720p or 1080i?I was switchin back and forth...think 1080i looks better one minute then the next i think 720p......in the end i'm think 1080i looks the best thought just wanna make sure it's notin my head


Last edited by philly337; 12-20-2006 at 05:17 PM..
 12-20-2006, 11:27 PM         #50
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Honestly its very similar quality to the majority of people. To understand the difference we can look at it as the basic way and the expanded way.

Basically:
p is for progresiive and it's "ups" over i is that it's going to look smoother and better for high action scenes.

i is for interlaced and it's going to, in this case, have more color and vividness.


Expanded way:

For interlaced, think of it as a grid of lines that make up the picture, a lot of colored lines that go up and down and left and right. These lines come up one by one by each odd number then each even number to formulate the picture you see.

For progressive, instead of moving odd then even, it will go all at once thus giving the picture a more responsive time.


The best way to see this on both extremes is to go to a standard traditional tv and look closely at the lines that make up the picture.
Then go to whichever tv and pop in a DVD and look closely.

This experiment will help you understand what I mean a little better.
 11 years ago '06        #51
RoBCaSh 
space
avatar space
space
$1,526 | Props total: 183 183
props fot this thread... sh*t really helped...
but does anybody have any suggestions on a nice hd ready tv for around $350-400???

props waitin for those who help....
 12-22-2006, 08:02 PM         #52
Arkanjal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
pretty decent thread....some inaccuracies, but nothing major.

only thing i really noticed is that plasma's DO fade out over time, and they can NOT be recharged/replaced whatever. and they have a problem with burn-in any time theres a static image on the screen (which wouldnt be good for video games since they constantly have a mostly non-changing HUD). it's not a huge problem with newer ones, and the life of the TV should last quite a while as long as its not constant use. but it is a notable issue for the people that are used to keeping there TV's for a long time.

and also LCD viewing angle = sh*t, since you said it was among the best.
 12-22-2006, 10:07 PM         #53
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LCD veiwing angle depends on the set. but generally they are bad.

Sony's XBR line have great veiwing angles for a LCD.
 12-23-2006, 08:58 AM         #54
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arkanjal said:
pretty decent thread....some inaccuracies, but nothing major.

only thing i really noticed is that plasma's DO fade out over time, and they can NOT be recharged/replaced whatever. and they have a problem with burn-in any time theres a static image on the screen (which wouldnt be good for video games since they constantly have a mostly non-changing HUD). it's not a huge problem with newer ones, and the life of the TV should last quite a while as long as its not constant use. but it is a notable issue for the people that are used to keeping there TV's for a long time.

and also LCD viewing angle = sh*t, since you said it was among the best.


You're right about the LCD viewing angle, I was thinking of it against all other tv's, but I'll change that.

Also I did say that plasmas can't be recharged/replaced. I did say that burn in is a big issue with plasmas as well. That was my major gripe, which made me want to make this thread.

I know this thread isn't perfect, it's just a quick BASIC writeup BUT thanks for the input and I'll change what I can. I appreciate it.
 01-06-2007, 03:41 PM         #55
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why was this thread unpinned? Just curious.

I have been pm'd every two to three days with HDTV questions since this thread has been unpinned. I might as well delete this thread I guess.
 01-06-2007, 04:29 PM         #56
LYRICALDETOX  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nah dont do that. keep this thread up.
 01-16-2007, 06:46 PM         #57
BaddNewZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good thread....... but you shouldn't throw CRT's under the bus that bad lol..... watching hte same movie on HBO HD.......I saw it on a 42 inch Plasma from Panasonic.... and then on my 30 inch CRT at home....... On the dark scenes a lot of things were missed on the Plasma..... while it was clear and you could see everything within the scene on the CRT...... I always preferred CRT's PQ and black levels to anything that LCD's and Plasma's have had to offer so far......at least before you go into super high prices.....

Mine was like 700..... 550 for me lol......So I'd say if you're in that price range......and 30 inches is enough for you.....and you don't care about the TV weighing 117 lbs.....a Samsung Slimfit 30" Widescreen HDTV.... would be nice..... or if you don't need the TV to have a shorter a.ss on it... (which is theonly slim thing about the Samsung)...... You could go up to 999 for the Premo cream of the crop CRT HDTV the Sony XBR 34 inch...... but be advised it has a "Great a.ss" as Pacino would say...... so you'll need space for it.....


(Note : the Panasonic was in a room with limited light comparable to the light in my room where the Samsung is at my home )


Last edited by BaddNewZ; 01-16-2007 at 06:48 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #58
Jersey826 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,855 | Props total: 1264 1264
Yo wuts the contrast ratio and response times on that Samsung CRT you got?
 01-16-2007, 10:57 PM         #59
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BaddNewZ said:
Good thread....... but you shouldn't throw CRT's under the bus that bad lol..... watching hte same movie on HBO HD.......I saw it on a 42 inch Plasma from Panasonic.... and then on my 30 inch CRT at home....... On the dark scenes a lot of things were missed on the Plasma..... while it was clear and you could see everything within the scene on the CRT...... I always preferred CRT's PQ and black levels to anything that LCD's and Plasma's have had to offer so far......at least before you go into super high prices.....

Mine was like 700..... 550 for me lol......So I'd say if you're in that price range......and 30 inches is enough for you.....and you don't care about the TV weighing 117 lbs.....a Samsung Slimfit 30" Widescreen HDTV.... would be nice..... or if you don't need the TV to have a shorter a.ss on it... (which is theonly slim thing about the Samsung)...... You could go up to 999 for the Premo cream of the crop CRT HDTV the Sony XBR 34 inch...... but be advised it has a "Great a.ss" as Pacino would say...... so you'll need space for it.....


(Note : the Panasonic was in a room with limited light comparable to the light in my room where the Samsung is at my home )

I totally hear you on this. Honestly though, CRT's generally don't compete with the rest of these categories anymore. The reason I didn't put this in is because realistically the future of tv's isn't the 250lb CRT's. I still personally like these alot, but most people want to move onto these new types of tv's.
 01-16-2007, 10:57 PM         #60
KJ Rulz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks to whoever propped me.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 39
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
119 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
65 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 10
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
57 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 10
bad bi-ch she's so thick, I don't even need a pill
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
Video inside amber gets gets answer she aint ready for
154 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 7
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 4
NBA Pippen Compares LeBron and Jordan and now says Wilt is the goat
31 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy