Top 10 Rappas NY VS Top 10 Down South. Forreal fu*k NY Rappas! Who Want it?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-19-2006, 05:29 PM         #81
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hydro187 said:
first of all rap fu*kin started in the bronx NEW YORK so if u think it lives in the south YOUR FEELIN YASELF TOO MUCH.......there are few rappers from the south that could ever spit sh*t like big pun.......and there never will be man yall southern people are slow in the head

Southern people are slow in the head? Umm....the damn invention of the street light, and the cotton gin came from the south, which revolutionalized the world. Not to even mention George Washington Carver and scholars like Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King and Frederick Douglas. I aint even from the South homie, but don't try and down talk people by using ignorance because you are upset. I f*cks with the South because they treat a n*gga like family everytime I visit the South except for the prejudice caucasian folks, but it's all good.

Last edited by ItsYaboyJay; 11-19-2006 at 05:34 PM..
 11-19-2006, 05:33 PM         #82
CHRONICLE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItsYaboyJay said:
Southern people are slow in the head? Umm....the damn invention of the street light, and the cotton gin came from the south, which revolutionalized the world. Not to even mention George Washington Carver and scholars like Booker T. Washington, Martin Luther King and Frederick Douglas. I aint even from the South homie, but down try and down talk people by using ignorance because you are upset. I f*cks with the South because they treat a n*gga like family everytime I visit the South except for the prejudice caucasian folks, but it's all good.
LOL I'm glad I wasn't the only person who saw how bad of a representation this guy is to wherever he reps.
 11 years ago '05        #83
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 CHRONICLE said:
Lyricist - a person who writes the lyrics for songs.
Come on man, if you're going to sound like a know it all, try to atleast, know it all.

no thats a songwriter u a.ss.....if ur gonna try to make somebody look stupid, try to atleast, not make a stupid statement urself......

like dude said, a lyricist is somebody who is creative with they're lyrics.....

while i like The Clipse, i dont find talking about cocaine in every single song is the most creative thing in the world..........i dont consider Luda, Wayne, or Cham lyricists either because they dont meet the standards i have set for 'lyricism'.......

if u disagree then thats all well and good, but my opinion doesnt hold any less weight than anybody else's.......
 11 years ago '04        #84
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Dumbest sh*t I've ever skimmed over
 11 years ago '06        #85
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 eljesserocks said:
Luda-cool
Ti-cool
Wayne-cool
Some lame said some stupid sh*t like"we dont relate to them." the rest of the world dont relate to the south so whats your point?The south gots shine right now but i think its because of the club sound. i think the rest of the wourld finds them entertaining but noone really cares. it will die out soon. theyre like theyre own jungle. you see the way they move? its funny. i think they a joke. KInda like the HYphy movement. that was fu*kin comedy. ANd im reppin the west.
Hip Hop must pay your bills b/c you reppin that sh!t kinda hard and you from the west coast? Yall making it seem like we destroyed Hip Hop forever. Yall said it yall selves that the "trend" is going to shift. So why are yall complaining. Did we complain when all you saw on T.V. New York and West Coast rappers? Some of yall need to do some verbs and get off the internet.
 11 years ago '05        #86
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
 Down-N-H-Town said:
Talib Kweli??? AZ??? Who is AZ? I mean Kweli goes hard sometimes, but he doesn't get any love down here because we can't relate. If yall want to go with lyricists, we could put down Z-ro, Trae, some of Slim Thugs old freestyles, Lil Keke. I say (in no particular order):

Z-ro
Trae
UGK
Chamillionare
Scarface
Outkast
Lil Keke
T.I.
Ludacris
Lil Wayne
and hell, I'll even go to Dallas and put out Mr. Pookie and Lucci
LOG OFF... Please... for the LOVE OF GOD log off!
 11-19-2006, 05:37 PM         #87
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

no thats a songwriter u a.ss.....if ur gonna try to make somebody look stupid, try to atleast, not make a stupid statement urself......

like dude said, a lyricist is somebody who is creative with they're lyrics.....

while i like The Clipse, i dont find talking about cocaine in every single song is the most creative thing in the world..........i dont consider Luda, Wayne, or Cham lyricists either because they dont meet the standards i have set for 'lyricism'.......

if u disagree then thats all well and good, but my opinion doesnt hold any less weight than anybody else's.......

No actually you are both right.

[CODE]American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source lyr·i·cist (lr-sst) Pronunciation Key
n.
A writer of song lyrics. Also called lyrist.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
song‧writ‧er  /ˈsɔŋˌraɪtər, ˈsɒŋ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sawng-rahy-ter, song-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun a person who writes the words or music, or both, for popular songs.

[Origin: 1815–25; song + writer]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source song·writ·er (sôngrtr, sng-) Pronunciation Key
n.
One who writes lyrics or tunes, or both, for songs. Also called songsmith, songster. [/CODE]
 11 years ago '05        #88
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Down-N-H-Town said:
Real talk... but like I said earlier, its about preference. The only thing I can say is that we do us. We're not trying to be those lyrical rappers on the east coast. The artists down here make the music for the south and if they like it in other places, that's cool. Our biggest complaint is that yall believe that NO ONE from the south can mess with the east coast's best 10.
and, lyrically, no one from down here can mess with the east coast's best 10......

u said it urself, the people down here, for the most part, aren't trying to be those lyrical east coast rappers.........

and personally i dont see how u can say 'were not trying to be lyrical' then say 'we have people lyrically better than some of the east's best'......
 11 years ago '05        #89
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 ItsYaboyJay said:
No actually you are both right.

[CODE]American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source lyr·i·cist (lr-sst) Pronunciation Key
n.
A writer of song lyrics. Also called lyrist.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1) - Cite This Source
song‧writ‧er  /ˈsɔŋˌraɪtər, ˈsɒŋ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sawng-rahy-ter, song-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun a person who writes the words or music, or both, for popular songs.

[Origin: 1815–25; song + writer]
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source song·writ·er (sôngrtr, sng-) Pronunciation Key
n.
One who writes lyrics or tunes, or both, for songs. Also called songsmith, songster. [/CODE]
but u know as well as i do that the hip-hop culture is full of words that dont mean what the rest of the world might take them to mean........

if u ask me, a songwriter is different than a lyricist.......like i said a lyricist is someone who is creative with their words.....someone with an extensive vocabulary that can get their point across in a song and effect somebody with it........a songwriter just puts lyrics to a beat........
 11-19-2006, 06:03 PM         #90
Flozz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im from the south and i say...fu*k LIL WAYNE

fu*kin chipmunk wit a mop for hair fu*kin sucks..if u like his sh*t thats u..but real talk..that n*gga trash!
 11 years ago '06        #91
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 daliff89 said:

and, lyrically, no one from down here can mess with the east coast's best 10......

u said it urself, the people down here, for the most part, aren't trying to be those lyrical east coast rappers.........

and personally i dont see how u can say 'were not trying to be lyrical' then say 'we have people lyrically better than some of the east's best'......
You got me on that one... :sh*thappe

Last edited by Down-N-H-Town; 11-19-2006 at 06:13 PM..
 11-19-2006, 06:17 PM         #92
Sheem228  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I like a lot of southern rappers but you asked for it

screw_head said:
[SIZE="5"]

1.SCARFACE
2.BUN B
3.CHAMILLIOANIRE
4.LUDACHRIS
5.KILLER MIKE
6.Young Buck
7.The Clipse (we will treat as 1)
8.T.I
9.Andre 3000

1. Jay-Z
2. Nas
3. AZ
4. Style P
5. Jadakiss
6. Jae Millz
7. Busta Rhymes
8. Talib Kweli
9. Wu Tang (RZA, Ghostface, MethodMan, RAEKWON)
10. Mos Def
*5O Cent (just for kicks)

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Last edited by Sheem228; 11-19-2006 at 06:19 PM..
 11-19-2006, 06:42 PM         #93
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 daliff89 said:

but u know as well as i do that the hip-hop culture is full of words that dont mean what the rest of the world might take them to mean........

if u ask me, a songwriter is different than a lyricist.......like i said a lyricist is someone who is creative with their words.....someone with an extensive vocabulary that can get their point across in a song and effect somebody with it........a songwriter just puts lyrics to a beat........

Well to me, Clipse and Ludacris are perfect examples of that. The way Ludacris using multi-syllables, his emphasizing of certain words, and his concepts. Just like on the "Made You Look Remix" that was pure lyricism or on "Move bi*ch" (that's an effective song), or on "Down South" (Big Tymers feat. Lil Wayne & Jazze Pha), I don't even f*cks with Wayne no more like that, but he even came supremely lyrical on that track, (back to Ludacris) or "Get The Hell On With That" (Fat Joe - J.O.S.E. Album) or Big Boi's "Tomb Of The Boom", Luda k!lled it! His energy and charisma is unmatched!

Clipse have an extensively large vocabulary and you can tell that they are very well educated by the things they reference to create their punchlines and metaphorical relations to their cocaine , even tho they coke rappers, their wordplay, delivery, lyrical content, pronunciation, and energy they put in their flows is crazy! Their big mistake is just Pharrell on ALL the tracks!
 11-19-2006, 06:45 PM         #94
bigteezy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If hiphop is dead New York k!lled it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 11-19-2006, 06:58 PM         #95
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigteezy said:
If hiphop is dead New York k!lled it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'D REALLY LIKE TO HERE YOUR REASON BEHIND THIS STATEMENT...
 11 years ago '05        #96
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 `·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ said:
I'D REALLY LIKE TO HERE YOUR REASON BEHIND THIS STATEMENT...
he's trying to impress his fat e-girlfriend by making a witty statement on boxden.com so maybe she'll switch on her webcam for 45 seconds so he can masterbate to her showing her seatbelt sized bra straps........
 11 years ago '05        #97
Hyphy707 
space
space
$1,622 | Props total: 1 1
 daliff89 said:
then u can't say Ludacris is southern because he was born in Chicago........

'it aint where ur from, its where ur at'.......The Clipse dont 'rep' NY......they 'rep' Virginia......which is geographically a southern state......making them southern artists......

For the Record, Chino XL considers himself a "west coast artist" he don't rep the east, so you can scratch him out that list.

I think the west coast is way better than both combined.

Snoop Dogg
Game
E-40
Yukmouth
San Quinn
Jayo Felony (who sh*t on jay-z, and n*gga was scared to reply)
Mitchy Slick
Clyde Carson
Dr. Dre
Crooked I

what now bi*ches?
 11-19-2006, 07:04 PM         #98
ItsYaboyJay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[Ludacris]

See I'm a Southern a.ss n*gga with some Southern a.ss hos
A hundred thou cash gets the Southern a.ss flow
I'm rich bi*ch no more runnin round cold
Or shootin up windows and gunnin down does (doors)
Oh, yea I think the suckas now know
That the hummer got dropped keep it on the down low
I'm cruisin up highways, stunnin down roads
I'll open up shop then I'm shuttin down shows
Luda cash checks that'll break the bank
Then I'm in the Old School like Frank the Tank
You can't beat me join me, petes they bore me
But all the Southern a.sses they keep me horny
Oooh, Big Tymers in a private jet
Got the head of Universal to sign the check
Meanwhile Ludacris is out arrangin rovers
Every coast watch out cuz the south's takin over
Uhh

^^^If That Aint Lyricism I Don't Know What Is!

(Even tho I don't like Wayne because he does a lot of fake a.ss questionable sh*t and I think he's overrated, it's no doubt that dude can spit tho', he's been droppin a lot of sub-par ABC bullsh*t recently, but he came hard quite a few times on tracks in the past, maybe it was Gillie , Gillie was part of Cash Money when this track was made and he is on this album also )

[Lil Wayne]

Ay ay
Weezy the god bow down give praises
I'm easy involved with the drugs in my matrix
Just keepin it calm kickin dust from my laces
I'm puckin a dre in the escalade basic
Don't you fu*kin play cuz I escapade faces
Buck fifty a grill quickly I'm real shifty
Come get me I'll be waitin the steel with me
Show appreciation for those who still with me
Throw a heap of gravy at those who still envy
Cuz Weezy f baby all gravy gotta feel me
Heh heh, feel me Lil' Weezy gat go blakah
Feel heat feel sleepy, here's your mattress
Chill, I'm still street deep, I got access
Young and play hard with no practice
Feelin me is like huggin a cactus
But if you know pain you take it love it and patch itSouth side

Made You Look Remix

[Verse Two: Ludacris]
Yuh, woo! It's time to go, Luda let's go!

I'm from the school of hard knocks, sneak peeks and low blows
Where X's mark spots and kitchens mark O's
Where love is gon' getcha and hate is gon' snitch ya
And fingers squeeze triggers like boa constrictors
It's the, Mr. Luda, Jada and Nas
And our bullets give you a deep tissue massage
So hear a song and dance while I make these ends
You never stood half a chance like Siamese Twins
AHHH - THEY SHOOTIN, look in the barrel
Then he made the front page of the Miami Herald
or Chi. Tribune, nozzles with silent doom
We in that A-Town Journal-list, filed with goons
You should print my information, quote my rhyme
And keep me in between these New York and L.A. Times
I was the victim of society, it's 'Cris the menace
With mo' sh*t out on the streets than evicted tenants
WOOOOOOOO!

^^^Look At The punchlines and multi's in that, and he came harder than Jada & Nas both on that and I was super shocked!
 11 years ago '06        #99
Full Clip 77 heat pts77
space
space
$7,170 | Props total: 4524 4524
 ItsYaboyJay said:

^^^If That Aint Lyricism I Don't Know What Is!

you dont know what is...
 11 years ago '05        #100
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Hyphy707 said:
For the Record, Chino XL considers himself a "west coast artist" he don't rep the east, so you can scratch him out that list.

I think the west coast is way better than both combined.

Snoop Dogg
Game
E-40
Yukmouth
San Quinn
Jayo Felony (who sh*t on jay-z, and n*gga was scared to reply)
Mitchy Slick
Clyde Carson
Dr. Dre
Crooked I

what now bi*ches?
i didnt mention Chino.......there was no need to quote my post really.....

and how are you gonna put somebody on your 'best rappers' list that has fu*king ghostwriters???
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy