Top 10 Rappas NY VS Top 10 Down South. Forreal fu*k NY Rappas! Who Want it?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
41 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
59 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-19-2006, 01:40 PM         #41
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Down-N-H-Town said:
Talib Kweli??? AZ??? Who is AZ? I mean Kweli goes hard sometimes, but he doesn't get any love down here because we can't relate. If yall want to go with lyricists, we could put down Z-ro, Trae, some of Slim Thugs old freestyles, Lil Keke. I say (in no particular order):

Z-ro
Trae
UGK
Chamillionare
Scarface
Outkast
Lil Keke
T.I.
Ludacris
Lil Wayne
and hell, I'll even go to Dallas and put out Mr. Pookie and Lucci
WEN U SAID WHO IS AZ I HOPE U WERE JOKING

BUT ATLEAST U ASEMBLED A BETTER LIST THEN THAT IGNORANT FOOL THREADSTARTER HAD
 11 years ago '04        #42
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,176 | Props total: 2469 2469
I'm from the South....but I hate ignorant a.ss threads like this......
 11-19-2006, 01:43 PM         #43
Double Deuce  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Music from the south isnt sh*t, Dirty South/Crunk/Bullsh*t is sh*t. Just buncha motherfu*kers jumpin around, it's rap music mixed with dance music. Just not for me. I see rap as something i can relate to. Lyrics mainly. South is bullsh*t just talkin about stompin people out, guns etc. The gangsta bullsh*t that no one plays no more, none of them do that sh*t anyway. Studio Gangstas.

*Bumps People Under The Stairs - Youth Explosion*

PEAC£!
 11 years ago '05        #44
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,412 | Props total: 45 45
 Rashad69 said:
I'm from the South....but I hate ignorant a.ss threads like this......
same here dude.......

it gets rediculous after a while.......
 11-19-2006, 01:44 PM         #45
ZAFT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 screw_head said:
And I like everyone on ya list but...Gza cmon man? he neva was hot...the fact he talks about science must excite you? u fu*kin chemist. Rakim is still rapping..? hes old and so is everyone on ya list...do you see the jist of this. i could name 100 south rappas you neva heard of that neva got the exposure because ur city held us under ground. No one you named is relevant to this day except Nas. Redman sh*t be garbage these days. and Az Format was pretty hot but not fu*king with Aziatic or nothin else in the last 5 years. An Guru? Does he still rap 2? he was the sh*t...but washed up just like the rest of ya list...those people were creative in their prime...now they are just names....you see NY...another man down! come pick this boy up. Im a true fu*king rap fan and I listen to everything but these n*ggas just dont cut it anymore...! Who's next?
^^ lol @ calling GZA trash, don't get it twisted he's top 3 dead or alive.

Rakim old and he should stop rappin'? Name one rapper that can top him even now.
Rakim = GOAT

WOODMO said:
Your South List:
1.SCARFACE
2.BUN B
3.CHAMILLIOANIRE
4.LUDACHRIS
5.KILLER MIKE
6.Young Buck
7.The Clipse (we will treat as 1)
8.T.I
9.Andre 3000

My NY List:
1-Jay-Z
2-Nas
3-Jadakiss
4-Styles P
5-AZ
6-Fabolous
7-Talib Kweli
8-Mos Def
9-Ghostface
10-Papoose

Those are all the actively spitting NY rappers... I couldve included Saigon, Rakim, Kool G Rap and others but didnt.. so yeh sry but NY wins...souths list is trash compared to the NY one..and if there gonna mention southern artists, why not atleast mention the best southern rapper, Phonte.
Jay isn't better than Scarface.
 11-19-2006, 01:44 PM         #46
RonMexicoQB  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I thought the threadstarter made this thread because he said his top 10 could win in a battle against NY guys. If thats the case why say that their not popular because they get no spins around your way. Who cares, those NY cats are still more talented then the South guys you guys named and would whoop their a.ss in a battle.

The threadstarter is a perfect example why people have a stereotype of southern people not being to smart. And hey, some stereotypes may be true.
 11 years ago '05        #47
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
and at the thread starter calling people 'old' when the first rapper on his list, Scarface (GOAT Southern rapper btw), is fu*king retired.....
 11-19-2006, 01:48 PM         #48
Đraconian  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 INJ said:
ur list is 1.SCARFACE
2.BUN B
3.CHAMILLIOANIRE
4.LUDACHRIS
5.KILLER MIKE
6.Young Buck
7.The Clipse (we will treat as 1)
8.T.I
9.Andre 3000

n my list is (ny)

Rakim
Gza
Nas
Guru
Masta Ace
Big L
AZ
Redman
Method Man
Krs One

Rakim >>> Scarface
paid in full >>>> anythin by scarface and geto boys

GZA vs BUN B hahaha

Nas vs CHAMILLIOANIRE ^^

NY >>>>>>>> SOUTH
where's G Rap at??

Kool G Rap >>> the whole southern rap scene
 11 years ago '06        #49
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,008 | Props total: 1470 1470
Clipse From NY or Virginia it don't matter, because both are east coast. Virgina is not a southern state.
 11 years ago '06        #50
goranimalgang 
space
space
$295 | Props total: 0 0
im om my new york sh*t
 11 years ago '04        #51
Cutty Olds 7 heat pts
space
space
$16,488 | Props total: 6657 6657
 daliff89 said:
then u can't say Ludacris is southern because he was born in Chicago........

'it aint where ur from, its where ur at'.......The Clipse dont 'rep' NY......they 'rep' Virginia......which is geographically a southern state......making them southern artists......
Luda wasn't born anywhere near Chicago...he was born in Champaign,Illinois...Home of the f!ghting Illini

and it's over 3 hours away from the Chi...We're closer to St.Louis and Indianappolis than we are to Chicago

Isiah61 said:
Clipse From NY or Virginia it don't matter, because both are east coast. Virgina is not a southern state.

PLEASE PLEASE go back to school?!?!?!
Got damn man..have you ever heard of the terms Jim Crow?...Mason Dixon?....wow...I seriously hope you was just joking top spin people up bruh
And the Clipse are from VA...the 757..they were in NY what? ..like 2 hours after there birth or something?

Last edited by Cutty Olds; 11-19-2006 at 01:59 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #52
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
y do u people keep saying that VA isn't in the south......

yes it is.....pick up a fu*king book......

i know its on the east coast, but so are NC, SC, GA, & FL.....

u see that sh*t there?? the white line that makes up the bottom border to PA and the top borders to WV & MD??? thats called the Mason-Dixon line.....it divides the north and the south.....

^^^ read
 11 years ago '06        #53
I hug the strip 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,099 | Props total: 434 434
 Isiah61 said:
technically it is
but i lived in dc and isnt aynthing close to how the ppl in the south speak,dress, etc
there basically considerd north not south
 11 years ago '05        #54
daliff89 1 heat pts
space
space
 Cutty Olds said:
Luda wasn't born anywhere near Chicago...he was born in Champaign,Illinois...Home of the f!ghting Illini

and it's over 3 hours away from the Chi...We're closer to St.Louis and Indianappolis than we are to Chicago
i apologize for getting his birth place wrong.....i saw on MTV like 4 years ago that he was from Chicago or some sh*t.......so i was wrong.......

but that still doesnt change the fact that he wasnt 'born in the south' so by whoever's logic i was referencing with that statement, he's not a southern artist.......
 11-19-2006, 02:01 PM         #55
!ALLMONEYENT!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody in the south cant fu*k wit the top ny rappers hands down ny rap is too deep lol if u think about it i mean who is the south really gonna put up? some things u just cant be the best at man its ok the south has there moment but the top south rappers only come out to 3 good ones theres not even enough to make 5 that could compete. thats why the south want no problems they only beef wit south n*ggas.
 11-19-2006, 02:03 PM         #56
WOODMO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Down-N-H-Town said:
Talib Kweli??? AZ??? Who is AZ? I mean Kweli goes hard sometimes, but he doesn't get any love down here because we can't relate. If yall want to go with lyricists, we could put down Z-ro, Trae, some of Slim Thugs old freestyles, Lil Keke. I say (in no particular order):

Z-ro
Trae
UGK
Chamillionare
Scarface
Outkast
Lil Keke
T.I.
Ludacris
Lil Wayne
and hell, I'll even go to Dallas and put out Mr. Pookie and Lucci
iight, u dont know who AZ is and u cant relate to Talib..iight i bet u relate to laffy taffy tho right? SMH at they dont get no love DOWN THERE...yall got D4L,Ying Yang, lil jon and a bunch of other WACK a.ssed muthafu*kas gettin spins,sellin records.. and ima judge how good an artist is by yall NON MUCIC TASTE havin muthafu*kas? get the fu*k outta here.. U sayin u cant relate to Talib, one of the realest in the game and not knowin AZ shows how worthless ur opinion is

Last edited by WOODMO; 11-19-2006 at 02:06 PM..
 11 years ago '06        #57
Full Clip 77 heat pts77
space
space
$7,170 | Props total: 4525 4525
i aint gonna lie, i fu*k wit maybe 6 southern rappers, but when it comes down to lyrics, which is 75% of rap should be about...its east all day long wit the talent...south aint got much talent
 11 years ago '04        #58
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,418 | Props total: 3481 3481
 screw_head said:
& The God Himself who no one noteven HOVA Wants to See LIL WEZZY F BABY...WAYNE MUTHA fu*kA!
You lost all credibility there.

Lil wayne aint even top 10 from the south. And then you have the nerve to say some stupid sh*t like "The god himself who no one noteven HOVA wants to see"

get the fu*k outta here

Noone gives a sh*t which artists get love in the south.
fu*k the down south and its ignorant fans.

How can you not relate to what Kweli says? The dude talks about real life sh*t that goes on everyday.
I'm sorry yall only want to listen to b00tyshaking sh*t.

You want to know why older people don't like rap? Look no further than the south.

Yall only got a handful of respectable artists and groups
kast, ugk, abn, Scarface, luda
 11 years ago '06        #59
Down-N-H-Town 6 heat pts
space
space
$3,630 | Props total: 602 602
 WOODMO said:
iight, u dont know who AZ is and u cant relate to Talib..iight i bet u relate to laffy taffy tho right? SMH at they dont get no love DOWN THERE...yall got D4L,Ying Yang, lil jon and a bunch of other WACK a.ssed muthafu*kas gettin spins,sellin records.. and ima judge how good an artist is by yall NON MUCIC TASTE havin muthafu*kas? get the fu*k outta here.. U sayin u cant relate to Talib, one of the realest in the game and not knowin AZ shows how worthless ur opinion is
I'm from Houston. We don't dance or cut for Laffy Taffy. Its cool to do it in the club sometimes, but that's too much movement for us. Anybody that's been to Texas or Houston for that matter can tell you that we don't come out with dance tracks. All of the artists on my list are all about that G ish. We're not saying that yall don't have lyrical artists, as a matter of fact, yall and Chicago are the closest to the way hip hop used to be, but that doesn't mean its better. We don't get krunk about delivery, down south, we care about the beat, f!ght music, and stories.

Basically, this North vs South stuff is not going to get settled because it comes down to preference and how you were brought up. We were brought up on Geto Boys and UGK, while yall were brought up on Biggie, Wu Tang, and Rakim.
 11 years ago '05        #60
megamusik 
space
space
space
$389 | Props total: 0 0
First of all the South is cool but don't ever compare them to NY rappers you can't be serious we birth you n*ggas. It might be in the South right now but how many of the artist on your list can match up to these artist in any order you want. Scarface has'nt done anything in the last two years besides NY bought him back anyways don't get me wrong he is a legend. Bun B is nice but lets be serious anybody in my list will chew him out don't forget Jay-Z bought UGK to the limelight(yeah n*gga keep hatin). CHAMILLIOANIRE is one major album deep he's nice with it but lets see for how long. Ludacris and TI holds it down. Young Buck(who bought him to the limelight he would'nt even exist in Hip Hop if it wasn't for 50 homies go ask him he'll tell you.The Clipse ain't really considered the South so your list is real weak go do your homework. Your comparing one City to a whole region I didn't even go out of New York

Nas
Jay-Z
AZ
Jadakiss
Styles
Sheek
50 Cent
Lloyd Banks
Saigon
Papoose
Fabolous
Fat Joe
Busta
Camron
Juelz
Jim Jones
JR Writer
Mobb Deep
to name a few that are doing there thing right now regardless if they don't get along
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy