Nov 14 - MJ'S THRILLER SALES ARE RE-NEWED. YOU'LL NEVER BELIVE WHERE IT'S AT NOW!!!!

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-14-2006, 09:41 PM         #1
6529 pageviews
88 comments

STARPT 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nov 14 - MJ'S THRILLER SALES ARE RE-NEWED. YOU'LL NEVER BELIVE WHERE IT'S AT NOW!!!!

Forget About Saying 50 or 60 Million Copies Sold
Try 104 Million Copies Sold To Date
--------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL JACKSON DROPS BY GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS TO COLLECT HIS OFFICIAL RECORD CERTIFICATES

Guinness World Records London Head Quarters today welcomed the world’s biggest superstar through its doors for an honorary record presentation. Michael Jackson, a self confessed Guinness World Records fan since childhood, contacted Guinness World Records ahead of his visit to request that he could collect his multiple Guinness World Record certificates during his trip to London this week.

With a staggering eight records mapping career highlights over the last quarter of a century, Michael Jackson is one of Guinness World Records longest standing record holders. The records span from Youngest vocalist to top the US singles chart, (aged 11, fronting The Jackson Five) and First vocalist to enter the US single chart at No.1 ("You Are Not Alone") to Most weeks at the top of the US album charts (non-soundtrack) (37 weeks for Thriller); Most successful music video (Thriller sold over 1 million units); First entertainer to earn more than $100 million in a year to Highest paid entertainer of all time ($125 million in 1989 Forbes list). His ultimate and latest accolade was also presented to him: Most successful entertainer of all time.

Michael arrived at Guinness World Records offices in North West London at 4pm this afternoon with his entourage - a fleet of black and silver people carriers. Wearing his signature black three quarter length dinner jacket and trousers with yellow piping, he arrived amidst an army of fans who had followed him from the hotel.

He was greeted by Guinness World Records Editor, Craig Glenday, and given a whirlwind tour of the offices and shown weird and wonderful exhibits from the ‘Guinness World Records Cabinet of Curioddities’, including the world’s oldest vomit and tallest man ever’s shoes. Michael was then presented with his record certificates, a copy of the latest edition of the book and a special edition from the year he was born (1958). Evidently delighted with the accolades he holds in high esteem, Michael said: “I’ve always been a big fan of the book. Thank you so much – it’s a great honour to visit the Guinness World Records offices.”

Michael Jackson is in London for his first UK performance in nine years. He is due to be presented with a Diamond Award at the World Music Awards in Earls Court on Wednesday evening. He will also sing tracks from his Thriller album, bringing it back to life after 25 years. Guinness World Records Editor, Craig Glenday, will also be reuniting with the star on Wednesday evening to present him with his eighth Guinness World Record.

Guinness World Records Editor Craig Glenday said: “We always expect the unexpected here at Guinness World Records. From the world’s tallest man, woman with the longest fingernails and most pierced woman, we’re used to all walks of life stopping by the office, but we haven’t been this excited since we met the Queen last year. Michael is one of the greatest superstars of all time and his unwavering success has kept him at the very top of the record breaking charts throughout his career. We’re absolutely delighted that Michael holds Guinness World Records in such high regard and honoured that he’s taken time out of his busy schedule to stop by and collect them in person.”

Records Held By Michael Jackson:

Biggest-selling Album Ever
The best-selling album of all time is Thriller by Michael Jackson (USA), with global sales of 104 million copies to date since 1982. The success of the album also helped Jackson win a record eight Grammy Awards in 1984.

Most Grammy Awards Won In A Year By A Person
At the 26th Annual Grammy Awards in 1984 Michael Jackson won eight Grammy awards, which included Best Male Rock Vocal Performance for "Beat It," Record Of The Year with "Beat It," and Album of The Year with Thriller.

Most Charities Supported By a Pop Star
Michael Jackson has supported 39 charitable organizations either with monetary donations through sponsorships of their projects or the participation in their activities. The charities involved include AIDS Project L.A., American Cancer Society, BMI Foundation, Inc., Childhelp USA, United Negro College Fund, YMCA - 28th Street/Crenshaw, The Sickle Cell Research Fund and Volunteers of America.

Longest Music Video
Michael Jackson's part feature film, part music video, Ghosts (USA, 1996), is 35 min long and was based on an original concept by horror writer Stephen King. Jackson plays five different roles in the video, directed by Stan Winston.

Most Expensive Music Video
Directed by USA's Mark Romanek, the video for Michael and Janet Jackson's hit single "Scream" (1995) cost $7 million to make.

Most Valuable Oscar
David O Selznick's 1940 Best Film Oscar for Gone With The Wind (USA, 1939) was bought by the singer, Michael Jackson, for $1,542,000 on June 12, 1999, at Sotheby's, New York. The pop star made his bid by phone.

Most Valuable Sculpture By A Living Artist
Michael Jackson and Bubbles, a porcelain sculpture created by the artist Jeff Koons in 1988 sold for $5,616,750 at Sotheby's in New York on May 15, 2001. The piece measures 106.7 x 179.1 x 82.6 cm (42 x 70.5 x 32.5 in) and is described as a mix of pop culture and high art. The sculpture shows Michael Jackson reclining with his arm around his pet monkey.

Largest Ever Endorsement For Product Promotion
In 1986 Michael Jackson signed a $15 million deal with Pepsi - it was the largest ever endorsement for product promotion.

With Every Album He's Ever Released As A Solo Artist Debuting At #1
With Four Albums In The Top Selling Albums Of All Time List
And With Over 41 #1 Singles
There's No Question Why He's Known As "The King Of Pop"

Source:

[pic - click to view]

http://www.guinnessworldr .. ter/login.aspx

Last edited by STARPT; 11-15-2006 at 01:11 AM..

88 comments for "Nov 14 - MJ'S THRILLER SALES ARE RE-NEWED. YOU'LL NEVER BELIVE WHERE IT'S AT NOW!!!!"

11 years ago '04        #2
IceMan 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,407 | Props total: 1 1
dddddddddddddddddddddddddddamn
 11-14-2006, 09:45 PM         #3
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
HE MADE THRILLER, when he fu*k up thats all I say, HE MADE THRILLER. that n*gga could a.ssisinate the president right now and I'd say: HE MADE THRILLER.
 11 years ago '06        #4
tone_gully 
space
space
$636 | Props total: 17 17
that boy can sell records man
 11 years ago '06        #5
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4831 4831
 billieskeet said:
HE MADE THRILLER, when he fu*k up thats all I say, HE MADE THRILLER. that n*gga could a.ssisinate the president right now and I'd say: HE MADE THRILLER.

that n*gga could a.ssasinate the president right now and i would forget all about the fact he made thriller
 11-14-2006, 10:04 PM         #6
Boxden's Legend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thriller >>>>>>>>> your favorite album
 11-14-2006, 10:08 PM         #7
Boxden's Legend  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most albums sold by an artist goes like this

Beatles, Mike Jack, Elvis... pretty good top 3 .. also consider mike owns the cataloge of the Beatles music

11 years ago '04        #8
young 
space
space
space
$1,841 | Props total: 1 1
 billieskeet said:

im with you on that one.:applause:
 11-14-2006, 10:15 PM         #9
bdboy04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dude royalty checks triple what your favorite rapper make in 3 years lol
 11 years ago '04        #10
ppl4life 
space
space
$557 | Props total: 0 0
10 times Diamond!
 11 years ago '06        #11
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
damn much respect to MJ for doin his thing
 11-14-2006, 10:35 PM         #12
PTL3rdpersonPGC  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I still dont see where the $7 million went in the scream video..I mean yeah it was dope..but not $7 million worth
 11 years ago '04        #13
YingYangTwinS 
space
space
$1,523 | Props total: 3 3
hahhaha
 11-14-2006, 10:52 PM         #14
bigbabyaggie99  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I believe it. Afterall, it is THRILLER!!
 11-14-2006, 11:01 PM         #15
tonygee  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what the fu*k "is mike jackson sold $104 million"? dollars? gon change that patnah. but lookin on the info lmaooooooooooooooo
 11 years ago '04        #16
Shizz|M 
space
space
$7,363 | Props total: 225 225
 billieskeet said:

^^^ REAL TALK.....
 11-14-2006, 11:17 PM         #17
Young Eazy E  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Reminds me of Chappelle skit,

Lady:So you think he's innocent?
Chappelle: He made thriller....thriller
 11 years ago '06        #18
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
is it just me or does $104 million copies make no sense. are you saying he made $104 million or he sold 104 million copies?
 11 years ago '05        #19
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
 PTL3rdpersonPGC said:
I still dont see where the $7 million went in the scream video..I mean yeah it was dope..but not $7 million worth
true, it look like one of Missy's videos should've been $7 mil
 11-14-2006, 11:27 PM         #20
tanictotight  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he sold that many copies, and if he wont a fu*k up these last 7 or 8 years he would be super loaded, didnt he sell the rights to elvis or beatle music for a sh*tload of money. He really remind me of mike tyson, Tyson made like 200 million f!ghting and blew it all on court fees and lions in his back yard. if MJ dont get it together he gonna be just like tyson
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
129 comments
2 days ago