Can a cop pull you over in his personal vehicle?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
29 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
108 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-13-2006, 02:03 PM         #1
10868 pageviews
30 comments

tha_ape 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can a cop pull you over in his personal vehicle?

Aight so Friday I had off work and was drivin pretty fast, I took an on ramp at a decent speed and passed a couple of people while doing so (illegal if cop was there). I start drivin down the highway and this a.ss in a jeep grand cherokee pulls up and flashes one of those folded wallet things (no metal badge, just paper sh*t). I give him the single nod and bounce on him.

Now my car has 400hp, 4-piston brembo's and a brand new set of high performance tires. I was gettin ready to hit the track the next day and I know how to handle my car. I take the next exit and so does he, he's way behind me, but I see him exit. Wouldnt you know it, I get caught up in traffic at a light, he drives his car over this small median which separates the turn lane from the lane I was in and pulls up next to me (too many cars behind me). He jumps out and walks up to my car (windows and sunroof all open). He says hes a cop and shows his wallet thing again. I see no badge, hes not in a govt car and hes not in uniform so I tell him he's off duty. He then says "I'm on duty 24-7" and asks if its my car, I tell him "No" (hell if I know who this guy is), then I roll my windows up on him and shut the sunroof. He shouts "You're going to have a warrant out for you!". I just looked straight ahead and waited for the light.

The light turns green and I go, he jumps the median again and follows me. I take the closest exit again and he follows me. Ok, so now I have some open road ahead of me, I floor it through this parking lot, slam on the brakes and turn on to another road, he follows, but by now he his a lot further behind me than before, so I go back in to the parking lot and play that game again. By the time I leave the lot he's WAY back there and I bounce. Ditch the car in a parking garage and caught a movie. After the movie I recovered the car and went home (it was night).

Should I worry? If I saw flashing lights I would have stopped... but not for some jackass in a Jeep

Last edited by tha_ape; 11-13-2006 at 02:04 PM..

30 comments for "Can a cop pull you over in his personal vehicle?"

11 years ago '06        #2
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
$4,833 | Props total: 1175 1175
lmao u were right to do that...no badge no goverment car no warrant no authority...shyt that cud have been anyone tryin 2 hurt u for all anyone knows...jus take it easy...wtf...if this was a cop he was just tryin 2 abuse his authority.
 11 years ago '04        #3
B1aze 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,903 | Props total: 184 184
n*gga was gonna rob you..lmao
 11-13-2006, 02:56 PM         #4
B_W_S  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
chance's are he was gonna rob or r*pe you, so u did the right thing, dont trip
 11 years ago '04        #5
$tr3tch 
space
space
$4,260 | Props total: 0 0
i dont see how u did anything wrong. Its human to only react to a cop, not some random guy in a jeep claiming hes a cop. Plus chances are hes just tryin to flex his authoritative muscles
 11-13-2006, 03:47 PM         #6
Mike06_10pm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i have the same wallet badge thing.. it doesnt mean sh*t, only to get u out of tickets.

dont worry about sh*t ... i dont stop for anybody, including the police

NYPD: 0 Mike: 2
-mike

Last edited by Mike06_10pm; 11-13-2006 at 03:48 PM..
 11-13-2006, 04:11 PM         #7
nirvana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
to answer your question, yes an off-duty police officer can pull you over in his personal vehichle and he doesn't have to have his badge. BUT he has to have cause.

two reasons, not to worry about it... one, if he was for real about getting a warrant and had a chance to get your plate #; you wouldn't be starting this thread, but be in jail. and the other, he was driving erratically just to follow you and you don't know if he's a crazy man, and apparently he was.

Last edited by nirvana; 11-13-2006 at 04:14 PM..
 11-13-2006, 04:50 PM         #8
virtuexru  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You could always f!ght it in court if anything does happen. That sh*t's absurd.
 11 years ago '06        #9
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
 nirvana said:
to answer your question, yes an off-duty police officer can pull you over in his personal vehichle and he doesn't have to have his badge. BUT he has to have cause.

two reasons, not to worry about it... one, if he was for real about getting a warrant and had a chance to get your plate #; you wouldn't be starting this thread, but be in jail. and the other, he was driving erratically just to follow you and you don't know if he's a crazy man, and apparently he was.

How do you justify that. Mike himself said he had the same type of wallet badge. How is an off duty police officer goint to provide incriminating evidence to support his claims unless he had a witness which is very unlikely since he left the scene to chase him.

I gurantee you there would have been no jail time if he comitted to feeling threatened especially if there was no evidence to counter the fact that it could have been any random stranger apporaching the vehicle.

Which is why the "cop" didnt even bother wit that warrant.

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 11-13-2006 at 05:42 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #10
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
You shouldnt be scared. This would not hold up in court what ever you did. Dude was prolly mad that hes a cop and makes sh*t a year while you are driving a bad a.ss caddy. This is like what happened with that San Diego Charger lineman. That off-duty cop followed him home because he though he was drunk and ended up shooting him.
 11-13-2006, 06:16 PM         #11
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I bet he was HEATED when I rolled the windows up on him....
 11-13-2006, 06:29 PM         #12
nirvana  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hit Em' Up said:
How do you justify that. Mike himself said he had the same type of wallet badge. How is an off duty police officer goint to provide incriminating evidence to support his claims unless he had a witness which is very unlikely since he left the scene to chase him.

I gurantee you there would have been no jail time if he comitted to feeling threatened especially if there was no evidence to counter the fact that it could have been any random stranger apporaching the vehicle.

Which is why the "cop" didnt even bother wit that warrant.
re-read what i posted
 11 years ago '06        #13
Hit Em' Up 61 heat pts61
space
space
space
Actually i did clearly read everything you've posted. You said he needed a cause? What you think this officer was chasin him for fun? The poster even a.ssumes responibility for his illegal actions. And about them gettin a warrant and throwin him in jail, i already answered that in my previous post. Your second reason i agreen on however which is why i never questioned it.

Maybe you should re-read wut ive said. I wasnt tryin 2 diss you I was just askin you to justify your statements. If you cant then i guess it doesnt reeli make a difference either way cause ive said wut i had to say.

But whatever its all good i guess were both on the same side on this which is the opposite of that police officer. Thats the only reason i became involved in this thread was to show hate for the police officers that give good, hardworking cops a bad name.
 11-13-2006, 07:08 PM         #14
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
From my friend (VA Beach cop):

Summoning the owner would be dumb. I can't imagine the magistrate issuing a summons for someone the officer obviously doesn't actually know and would have no way of identifying besides running the registration. If it ever went to court, I'd be sure to ask the officer how he identified you. Don't worry about it, though. It'll never happen.
 11-13-2006, 07:43 PM         #15
yungb  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Simply request a marked vehicle if you ever get pulled over by an "undercover" cop again.
 11 years ago '05        #16
circleinsidebox 
space
space
$1,701 | Props total: 0 0
next time
drive to the nearest police station
 11-13-2006, 09:13 PM         #17
tha_ape  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea, I wasnt tryin to do that... the whole idea is that I didnt want a marked unit to come. Thats not going to bring good news.
 11 years ago '04        #18
dcmex81 93 heat pts93
space
space
$1,736 | Props total: 0 0
this was in D.C. ? where at?
 11-13-2006, 09:36 PM         #19
Mike06_10pm  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
in NY there have been a couple cases of people getting "pulled over" by fake cops and getting k!lled/robbed, sh*ts fu*ked up

u good ape ... u tell this sh*t to a lawyer if somethin happens and u could prob win money out of it haha
-mike
 11-13-2006, 10:32 PM         #20
DJLow2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Pack heat like an Old Navy fleece next time. Put some hollow tips in his breezy.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy