Nov 13 - CHI TOWN'S FOOTWORKING AINT sh*t BUT A CHEAP KNOCK OFF OF DETROIT'S JITTING, RECONIZE

most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
154 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

WHAT DO U THINK???

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #61
cicero_x 
space
space
$510 | Props total: 0 0
...and the West Coast smiles & Crip Walks during the whole conversation.

WESSYYYDE FOOOZ!
 11 years ago '04        #62
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
if did Detroit did start it, ya'll n*ggaz wasn't reppin it right....footworkin is as much apart of the Chi as the wind. Cats from the D can't take that from us, next they'll be hating on some Detroit got colder pimps type sh*t. When I see a video wit some Detroit n*ggaz reppin doin the "Jit" or whatever ya'll call it then I'll think about it, but until then, the Chi put that "footwork" or that "jittin" on the map so keep hatin and come with proof, not hearsay
 11 years ago '04        #63
Music04 
space
space
$332 | Props total: 0 0
Go to any hood in chicago and say fu*ck chicago

We give yall props on Motown been to detroit a few times even stopped at hitsville usa but other than that idk
 11 years ago '04        #64
LovaOfDaLadies 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,385 | Props total: 419 419
 knowughetto said:
if did Detroit did start it, ya'll n*ggaz wasn't reppin it right....footworkin is as much apart of the Chi as the wind. Cats from the D can't take that from us, next they'll be hating on some Detroit got colder pimps type sh*t. When I see a video wit some Detroit n*ggaz reppin doin the "Jit" or whatever ya'll call it then I'll think about it, but until then, the Chi put that "footwork" or that "jittin" on the map so keep hatin and come with proof, not hearsay
youtube.com.... Jit... you will see detroiters jitting.. and no the D would never say we have colder pimps cuz we arent on that type of sh*t..footworking has become a part of chi's culture but it is a branch off from jitting which started in the D is all im saying.. the CHI took our stuff and made it into sumthin different that fit them..agreed?
 11 years ago '04        #65
kingcrump 1 heat pts
space
space
$940 | Props total: 0 0
I hope yall know this thread is ridiculous. Regardless of what city "started" Jukin/Jittin/Footwork or whatever else name you wanna call it, its all part of OUR (our being black/African American etc) culture. In all honesty Detroit and Chicago are not that far apart, like somebody else stated earlier its a regional thing, I got fam from GI/CHI/MILL and they all juke, granted its all a lil different but its all similar. Its like n*ggas in Atl arguin about which zone started that snap sh*t (and no, I dont fux wit that sh*t).

Instead of arguing about the lil dumb sh*t, we should all be happy that we gettin some shine, and while were gettin our shine we need to put our brothers and sisters on in the other cities.
 11 years ago '04        #66
Merzennary 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,452 | Props total: 0 0
 beatboyheatboy said:
....the sh*t is hilarious when i think of one of these super tough boxden n*ggas actually trying to cop a 40oz form a corner store on 7mile and conant and sh*t......n*ggas would probabaly get robbed trying to take bottles back to the corner store....
 11 years ago '04        #67
memyselfni 9 heat pts
space
space
$2,555 | Props total: 1 1
nobody cares about whats going on Detroit.
 11 years ago '04        #68
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
n*gga fu*k DETROIT!!!! Jitting aint sh*t!! CHI TOWN FOR EVER@!! FOOTWORK!! bi*chES...but wait Footworking and Jitting are both old dances anyway....

Ilive in daygo but Im FROM JOLIET!!!! bi*chES...This actualy pissed me off....
 11-13-2006, 08:01 PM         #69
ShyLadii08 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO. FUNNY ARTICLE, FOOTWORKING BEEN OUT SINCE THE 40s-60s.. a way to get minorities off the streets and to focus on something positive, im glad footwork/juking in chicago is still underground. what a biased article though ''chicago's footworking aint sh*t but a cheap knock off of jitting'' .. im just stating my opinion.

Last edited by ShyLadii08; 11-13-2006 at 08:03 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #70
knowughetto 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,430 | Props total: 11 11
Whoever started this page thanks, I guess I learned the history of the Footwork or Jittin, it originated at the Savoy Ballroom in Harlem in 1926 and it was called the Lindy Hop and back then they used to call it swingin. When a dude by the name of Benny Goodman (Chicago native) became the "King of Swing" he changed the name Lindy Hop (named after Charles Lindburgh, the famous aviator)to the Jitterbug in the late 1930's. Cab Calloway (born in NY, but resided in Chicago) also made a song called the "Jitterbug" back then for the dance. D-town do ya history!!!

Chi-town stand up!!!!!
 11-13-2006, 08:24 PM         #71
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 allabout$ said:

[pic - click to view]

i ain't read one sentence...

at the dramatic tone in ur post as if this sh*t really matters
 11 years ago '05        #72
Rayo 
space
space
$818 | Props total: 0 0
hmmm; shyt's serious out there in The D and Chi-City. Around here in VA; we're just trying to hustle man, we don't even have dances to claim as our own. Most people around here just business minded. It's either "get money or live with your momma forever" kinda mentality. Much respect to both cities.
 11-14-2006, 12:13 AM         #73
GrownMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 beatboyheatboy said:
and as far as the bi*ch a.ss comments about detroit about the cars and factories and sh*t...my real n*ggas know where that bread at....ask big meech who was clockin a mil$$ a week....

chicago is a nice city but yall n*ggas be actin kind of gay for real
WTF DOES BIG MEECH HAVE TO DO WITH A CHICAGO/DETROIT DANCING THREAD???
 11 years ago '04        #74
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,126 | Props total: 1001 1001
ayo , Its the same thing but That sh*ts been in the D for a long a.ss time , Polo boys and sh*t . They had crews and sh*t .
 11-14-2006, 12:39 AM         #75
macboi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
TRU... And the chicken noodle soup is the "down away" (which been out since '02-'03 in CinCinNasti, OhiO) mixed with there lastest dance called the "Sail Sail" pronounced Sal Sal...Altho gr8 minds think alike some mafu*kas just bite... Ya dig That!
 11 years ago '04        #76
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
i poseted this article a long time ago

and folks from the chi are so mad about it

jittin been done ibn detroit since 1900

footwork at it earliesr mid 90's....

detroit is an older city than chicago

so ... why ya'll folks can't give us our credit for something

i see ppl around the us hated michigan and detroit cause we started alot of trencd here...

first gators and minks

then cartier frames and heavy jewerly

then 20's on up on our cars

then candy paint and old schools

then the lingo

bossing up......boss status.. oh boy etc etc etc

the lists goes on

can we get our shine back all u swagger jackin cities and quit hating on the D?????
 11-14-2006, 01:14 AM         #77
minimafia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 William said:
fu*k CHICAGO!

"if you'nt like it do somethin n*gga... where im from.. if we'ont like it... we do somethin n*gga" _Jeezy
dude ur a fu*king clown

wut r u honestly going to do?

ITS A fu*kING DANCE!!!! :banghead:

r u really gonna do something...really?...really?

i dont belive you @ the King of E-Beefing.
 11 years ago '05        #78
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
 LovaOfDaLadies said:
As a result of jazz music making its profound declaration in clubs throughout the 1920s’, a dance called the ‘Jitterbug’ penetrated black communities nationwide. The ‘Jitterbug’ dance, with its basic form, had many distinct styles and names, depending on it's place of origin-- the ‘Charleston,’ of South Carolina, ‘The Lindy Hop,’ of New York, ‘The Shag,’ of New Orleans, and 'Black Bottom,’ of Detroit. ..
^^ It begins...
This era of ‘jitting’ was the direct result of the 1967 riots and the widespread dumping of heroin into the black community,young children whose parents were on drugs had to fend for themselves began to cultivate their own pseudo-families-- gangs....Gangs sending out their declarations of territory and decrees of murder via ‘jitting’ at house parties, clubs or on the streets, where even innocent people were sometimes injured or in some cases murdered.

Started in the 20's.. cought on as a movement in the 60's.. Chi town silence.:thumbsdow... but i still got luv for my chi n*ggas..
thank you
@ chi-town n*ggas wit eyebrow piercings and sh*t
 11 years ago '05        #79
beatboyheatboy 
space
space
$2,823 | Props total: 56 56
 GrownMan said:
WTF DOES BIG MEECH HAVE TO DO WITH A CHICAGO/DETROIT DANCING THREAD???
eat a d*ck u iliterate n*gga
 11 years ago '05        #80
Wally Vegas 20 heat pts20
space
space
$1,505 | Props total: 96 96
ya'll need to chill we all are brothers and sisters in the same struggle......

but come tha fu*k on.....who really cares about this sh*t unless you are like 15 or 16 years old?

Last edited by Wally Vegas; 11-14-2006 at 02:29 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy