Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (2006)

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

How do you rate it?
5 BX - Great - classic! 243 21.89%
4 BX - Good ish 423 38.11%
3 BX - s'ok 274 24.68%
2 BX - Blah... 94 8.47%
1 BX - Frisbee status 76 6.85%
Voters: 1110. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

12 years ago '05        #151
Nickel 118 heat pts118
space
space
$11,231 | Props total: 181 181
i gave it a 4/5

12 years ago '04        #152
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,686 | Props total: 17 17
 knockz said
DRE FALLEN OFF???
Yes, and Game didn't need him on his album. It didn't help Busta, won't help Snoop and even though the beats he gave Hov are quality, it ain't helpin Jay either. Dre beats have been lackluster since the chronic 2001. Call it boredom, laziness or aging or whatever. He needs to listen to Legend of the Fall Offs.

12 years ago '04        #153
kb2602 
space
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 29 29
ive listened to this several times and its still pretty weak!! 4-5 good tracks but overall a subpar album!! all this "grown folk muisc" and "listen to the lyrics" talk is a lame excuse for a weak album!! lyrically its nothing special and the beats are bland as hell!! 2.5 to 3 mics at best

12 years ago '05        #154
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,514 | Props total: 51 51
 tazbk said
Yes, and Game didn't need him on his album. It didn't help Busta, won't help Snoop and even though the beats he gave Hov are quality, it ain't helpin Jay either. Dre beats have been lackluster since the chronic 2001. Call it boredom, laziness or aging or whatever. He needs to listen to Legend of the Fall Offs.

nah. .dre had good a.ss beats on the eminem show/get rich or die tryin/beg for mercy/cheers/documentary

so id say 2005-now theyve been lackluster

he had a lot of good a.ss beats after chronic 2001

Last edited by Str8 outta Cuse; 11-12-2006 at 11:04 AM..

12 years ago '05        #155
tonydeals 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
 iverson2007k said
wanna ride is my sh*t.
^^co-sign^^

11-12-2006, 12:06 PM         #156
catch21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 tazbk said
Dre beats have been lackluster since the chronic 2001.
Exactly.. his last album. Anyone who says Dre's fallen off is crazy. If you came up with a hot a.ss beat (I mean serious fire) would you sell it or hold it back for yourself?! Sometime in the next 5 years we'll either get his finale or he'll sell those beats and everyone will remember you can't fu*k with the Doc (again).

Anyway.. Jay-Z. After listening to it a few times it's def starting to grow on me. The problem is, great CDs don't need to be "worn in". There are one or two standout tracks, Beach Chair getting honourable mention. I just really don't get why he didn't spend a little more time and make the real Blueprint 2. Whatever though... I'm not hatin', some people love the sh*t. Just wish more of that Black Republican sh*t was on the album. 3/5.

11-12-2006, 12:26 PM         #157
MaddenManiac05 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The Prelude is one of the realest tracks to drop this year...4BX's

11-12-2006, 12:34 PM         #158
knockz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mr_e said

you trippin

he just solidified his spot as the best hip hop producer ever.
Could be...havent listen to whole sh*t doing it right now...but DRE knows hes giving beats to the real god mc so I hope this aint the sh*t he was giving rakim..where the huge joint how we do or the fire of 50's first album I mean it's HOV...Just sounds better than his sh*t ....I really wanna do these shis over...but they probly wont put out the acapellas...:banghead:

11-12-2006, 12:50 PM         #159
knockz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 catch21 said
Exactly.. his last album. Anyone who says Dre's fallen off is crazy. If you came up with a hot a.ss beat (I mean serious fire) would you sell it or hold it back for yourself?! Sometime in the next 5 years we'll either get his finale or he'll sell those beats and everyone will remember you can't fu*k with the Doc (again).

Anyway.. Jay-Z. After listening to it a few times it's def starting to grow on me. The problem is, great CDs don't need to be "worn in". There are one or two standout tracks, Beach Chair getting honourable mention. I just really don't get why he didn't spend a little more time and make the real Blueprint 2. Whatever though... I'm not hatin', some people love the sh*t. Just wish more of that Black Republican sh*t was on the album. 3/5.

Fam I make beats Im not a great rapper but I plan on putting out an album one day also. Yes, I hold some sh*t back but at the same time you gotta keep your name up. I would give up one of my hotter joints if need be. Dre dont even make all his sh*t, he buys the best sh*t out has it replayed and mixes the hell out of it...cool keep following that but if I was Jay I'd feel short changed by this sh*t....but he has never k!lled it for an eastcoast artist beside 50, who he makes money with so you do the MATH on it....

11-12-2006, 01:09 PM         #160
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 on first listen
feels like a album that has effect to grow on u
jay did it again

11-12-2006, 03:47 PM         #161
Boxden's Legend 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol at everyone who said 5 or 4 ... groupies i a.ssume.. actually listen to the album..

11-12-2006, 03:50 PM         #162
Bneverson04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i thought the album would have been better

11-12-2006, 03:52 PM         #163
313aggie 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm just hoping anyone who is bad mouthin this album is a youngin in high school who just doesnt know any better, Jay simply just said what needed to be said on this album that hes sh*ttin on all these LIL dudes out here fakin in the booth. He was stating true facts and I think everyone is so used to all these new rappers making horrible music they dunno whats good anymore . . . getcha mind right

11-12-2006, 03:54 PM         #164
DaInfamous 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
album was fire. 30 something is my favorite track

11-12-2006, 03:58 PM         #165
BlackThought 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I love the ALBUM! Fuk the haterz..

12 years ago '06        #166
NeverTrump 102 heat pts102
space
space
$58,479 | Props total: 18077 18077
sh*t was flames. only one track i didnt like ("Anything" w/Usher & Pharrell). imo this is his 2nd best album, behind "Reasonable Doubt". sh*t was sick. real talk.

11-12-2006, 04:52 PM         #167
Jaydog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
still at work so i havent heard it yet but its not giving me high hopes when people r sayin "its good besides 4 or 5 tracks" <<??!

but i'll be listenin to that sh*t soon enough

11-12-2006, 05:33 PM         #168
ExquisiteOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I liked it..."Oh My God" is my personal fav

12 years ago '04        #169
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,924 | Props total: 71 71
jay sounds like he had a stroke... the new flow is weak.

12 years ago '04        #170
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,924 | Props total: 71 71
It's a good album...it's exactly the kind of album an MC should put out after their retirement...this album gives me closure. It's well put together, the flows are nice. But people that's doggin the album gotta understand that he's really not HUNGRY anymore..you won't get another 44 4's outta him. He's just chillin rightnow, like the godfather of rap, waiting for somebody else to step up and do better...This album is the best (old mc) album out there--when you compare it to the likes of LL Cool J, Diddy, DMX and so on and so on...
i dont understand how people can defend the album like this.. "hes jus waiting for somebody to step up and do better"... that just makes no sense.

im tired of people always making excuses for their favorite artists. jay-z is one of my favorite mc's and this album is weak in terms of his rapping ability.

everyones vision is clouded by jay-z's past accomplishments. the album was supposed to bring jay back, not provide "closer". if jay wasnt hungry enuff to make an ill album, he shouldnt have come out wit this at all.

its like when eminem dropped these weak albums and everyone made similiar remarks.

the albums ok i guess... i just dont see how ppl can defend it like this

11-12-2006, 06:03 PM         #171
liquidvexx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jigga11w said
only song i struggled to listen to as track 2.

n*gga are you fu*king serious

11-12-2006, 06:16 PM         #172
silencer6686w 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jay's Album aite. I think people just hyped it up too much

12 years ago '05        #173
MidNiteBlues 33 heat pts33
space
space
$8,700 | Props total: 6326 6326
3.5/5..Its no way sh*tty but all the hype/anticipation k!lled it for me, somewhat dissapointed. With all due respect Nas's album gonna sh*t all over this.

11-12-2006, 07:15 PM         #174
smacked 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
most of the songs are hot, 4/5 imo

11-12-2006, 07:52 PM         #175
InAMajorWay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
beats are insane, but ill give it a 3.5/5 to a 4/5, he could have came way better, he has the potential to put out a album 10x better than this, but he got some radio hits on there

Home      

most viewed right now
-27online now  48
Image(s) inside Brianna Amor IG Thot Getting SUED A Turn Of Events
46 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+20online now  35
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
127 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-18online now  33
MMA Conor McGregor Accused Of Rape?
47 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+146online now  17
Strippers long jump now?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+190online now  13
Video inside Kanye let's it be known.
333 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+46online now  12
Money making Mitch
75 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  12
How Lean Became Rap’s Most Wanted Drug
120 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+53online now  11
Image(s) inside Rich Porter Sister Patricia Blasts Alpo In Latest IG post #StopGlorify..
171 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy