Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (2006)

most viewed right now
 175
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 126
Phat ass white girl for real
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 102
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 76
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
116 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

How do you rate it?
5 BX - Great - classic! 243 21.89%
4 BX - Good ish 423 38.11%
3 BX - s'ok 274 24.68%
2 BX - Blah... 94 8.47%
1 BX - Frisbee status 76 6.85%
Voters: 1110. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
maluku 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$173 | Props total: 2 2
 Kronikal said:
do you listen to music or skim through it?
 Part2 said:
That is EXACTLY what I was gonna say fam hahaha.
How many times are you stans gonna repeat that corny a.ss line...?

Most people don't have to listen to the album 100 times before they understand it's far from what they expected...

When sh*t is a classic it's a classic... album or track ...classic material
hits instantly....

This album is far from it....
 11-11-2006, 06:57 PM         #122
ikelovejones 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im new to ya site, how i go about coppin this album asap
 11-11-2006, 07:15 PM         #123
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is AVERAGE. even games album is harder than this.


Last edited by ill800; 11-11-2006 at 07:25 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #124
TrackMagic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
this sh*t is good, i expected an album like this, it started high, it fell a lil bit with anything and hollywood, then stood back up, i give this sh*t an 8.5 out of 10, alot of you n*ggas are so used to listening to garbage your ears done rot. i dont think everybody is going to appreciate this album, beacuse sh*t isnt simplistic. Go to school listen to real hip hop and then get back to me. sh*t is not for the intellectually challeged, its not his best effort, but im far from disapointed. im content. The Production is there, the lyrics are there. really whats not to like, and like some sh*t really grew on me like even show me what you got and kingdom come, and lost ones. sh*t is rediculous. so much so, imma actually buy this album and i havent bought an album since Vol 3.
 11 years ago '04        #125
EOAE 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$6,927 | Props total: 283 283
'do you listen to music or do u just skim through it'

word up, at first glance i wasnt feelin it, after listening n not hearing it youll change youre opinion
 11 years ago '06        #126
Virlynmatrix 
space
avatar space
space
$109 | Props total: 0 0
This album kind of sucks
 11-11-2006, 07:24 PM         #127
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i done listened to the sh*t twice and nothing really jumped out at me, id much rather rock black moons album. them tracks are straight up average and anybody who thinks this sh*t is classic is playin themselves.
 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM         #128
thehogue 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i think its funny when nigg*z is like i expected more lol... i mean i gave it a 3 if not a 3.5 its not bad ... i bet if jesus made an album ppl be like i exspected more lol imma cop the devil album... LIGHTEN UP D*MN i mean next time go in wit jay and put ur touches on it lol
 11 years ago '05        #129
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
My question is...why does he so many Dre beats? I mean i like Dre and he's a legend but dukes beats aren't all that. He should of did what he did on the Black Album and have a different a producer on each track. I mean the only tracks that are hot are Kingdom Come, Do U Wanna Ride, And Beach Chair a distant 3rd.

Been listening to Jay since 96 and i know when duke can make a hot album. This album is ranked with Vol 3 as one of homies weakest albums. Hopefully Nas can bring the heat with his new joint.


Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 11-11-2006 at 07:31 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #130
TrackMagic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
 Killamike79 said:
My question is...why does he so many Dre beats? I mean i like Dre and he's a legend but dukes beats aren't all that. He should of did what he did on the Black Album and have a different a producer on each track.

its been done, to me wanted to make a real kinda introspective album, a look back, where hes at now, and wheres he going, and the only way to do that is alot more drums, a simulated band type beats, which dre is one of the best at. and dres sh*t is not sub par at all. its up there.

People really dont know what hip hop is no more,
listen to some common, some mos , some talib, that music for life track on HI tek album, sh*ts real.

even that new John legend is crazy, real like retro soul type sh*t, real diffrent. listen a bit see what hov is saying, and really look into the lyrics.

cuz like at this point now, simple hooks can sell any song now, BALLLIN, Its Goin Down, simple sh*t.

stop being so damn simple minded. damn. if hip hop should die before i wake, wtf would i do....
 11 years ago '05        #131
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$28,218 | Props total: 15783 15783
 TrackMagic said:
its been done, to me wanted to make a real kinda introspective album, a look back, where hes at now, and wheres he going, and the only way to do that is alot more drums, a simulated band type beats, which dre is one of the best at. and dres sh*t is not sub par at all. its up there.

People really dont know what hip hop is no more,
listen to some common, some mos , some talib, that music for life track on HI tek album, sh*ts real.

even that new John legend is crazy, real like retro soul type sh*t, real diffrent. listen a bit see what hov is saying, and really look into the lyrics.

cuz like at this point now, simple hooks can sell any song now, BALLLIN, Its Goin Down, simple sh*t.

stop being so damn simple minded. damn. if hip hop should die before i wake, wtf would i do....
I feel the lyrics dude are tryin to convey...but i still need hot beat to keep my interest, u need both in the end. I'm not sayin Dre beats don't knock...but the ones he gave to Jay this time don't. With producers like Premo, Heatmakers, Timberland, Cool And Dre, 9th Wonder, etc...u don't need 4 or so beats from one dude.


Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 11-11-2006 at 07:45 PM..
 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM         #132
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TrackMagic said:
its been done, to me wanted to make a real kinda introspective album, a look back, where hes at now, and wheres he going, and the only way to do that is alot more drums, a simulated band type beats, which dre is one of the best at. and dres sh*t is not sub par at all. its up there.

People really dont know what hip hop is no more,
listen to some common, some mos , some talib, that music for life track on HI tek album, sh*ts real.

even that new John legend is crazy, real like retro soul type sh*t, real diffrent. listen a bit see what hov is saying, and really look into the lyrics.

cuz like at this point now, simple hooks can sell any song now, BALLLIN, Its Goin Down, simple sh*t.

stop being so damn simple minded. damn. if hip hop should die before i wake, wtf would i do....

how do you compare kweli and jay z? gimmie a fu*king break. they rap about totally different things

and who the fu*k cares about jay z past present and fututre? the dude is way too into himself. im not worried about jay z future or his career. he can rap to beyonce about that. why cant he address social issues and try to change the bullsh*t that goes on in the hood everyday? hip hop is bigger than jay z and what the fu*k he gonna do in his 'beach chair'.
 11 years ago '04        #133
TrackMagic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
 ill800 said:
how do you compare kweli and jay z? gimmie a fu*king break. they rap about totally different things

and who the fu*k cares about jay z past present and fututre? the dude is way too into himself. im not worried about jay z future or his career. he can rap to beyonce about that. why cant he address social issues and try to change the bullsh*t that goes on in the hood everyday? hip hop is bigger than jay z and what the fu*k he gonna do in his 'beach chair'.

hmmm did you listen to minority report....damn n*ggas really got garbage in their ears... Social issue.... Social issues, Dead Beat Fathers, People At War, some jay songs . Meet the Parents, ballad for a fallen soldier. come on man.. u really dont listen to music dog i can argue for days on jay's subject matter.

and n*ggas in the hood only have hoop dreams, aspire to be something more than a rap star. he trying to show that sh*t, business is the way to go. blacks in business= blacks in power. its that simple. most musicans still are puppets, cant knock the n*gga making more than just music. please.


Last edited by TrackMagic; 11-11-2006 at 07:48 PM..
 11-11-2006, 08:54 PM         #134
ill800 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TrackMagic said:
hmmm did you listen to minority report....damn n*ggas really got garbage in their ears... Social issue.... Social issues, Dead Beat Fathers, People At War, some jay songs . Meet the Parents, ballad for a fallen soldier. come on man.. u really dont listen to music dog i can argue for days on jay's subject matter.

and n*ggas in the hood only have hoop dreams, aspire to be something more than a rap star. he trying to show that sh*t, business is the way to go. blacks in business= blacks in power. its that simple. most musicans still are puppets, cant knock the n*gga making more than just music. please.
dont mind me for coming off like an a**hole, ive had a sh*tty day. i think this album was a better look than the black album quite honestly. i really still need to sit down with a blunt and give the album a good listen. but when i listened in the car nothing really jumped out at me. he coulda put some more time into this one and maybe made it more of a hip hop album rather than a R&B hybrid. ill try and give it a better review when i can sit down and REALLY listen to it but as it stands right now i can only give it a 3. 3.5 tops.

everyone expects more from the man... coming outta 'retirement' as the pres of def jam, you think he could pull some better strings than he did.


Last edited by ill800; 11-11-2006 at 08:55 PM..
 11 years ago '04        #135
TrackMagic 
space
avatar space
space
$3,928 | Props total: 0 0
 ill800 said:
dont mind me for coming off like an a**hole, ive had a sh*tty day. i think this album was a better look than the black album quite honestly. i really still need to sit down with a blunt and give the album a good listen. but when i listened in the car nothing really jumped out at me. he coulda put some more time into this one and maybe made it more of a hip hop album rather than a R&B hybrid. ill try and give it a better review when i can sit down and REALLY listen to it but as it stands right now i can only give it a 3. 3.5 tops.

everyone expects more from the man... coming outta 'retirement' as the pres of def jam, you think he could pull some better strings than he did.

yea, but how focused are you on music when your in the car, i know music is just backgroun noise, i cant focus on the words then try and drive 80 on the highway. so a sit down listen , clear your mind and really see where it stands.
 11-11-2006, 09:08 PM         #136
smacked 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beach Chair >>>> Doctor's Advocate
 11-11-2006, 10:01 PM         #137
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The verses are growing on me but the beat selection is questionable. I hope Jay leaks the Timbo songs he aint use.
 11 years ago '05        #138
Black Moses 
space
avatar space
space
$1,541 | Props total: 408 408
 Killamike79 said:
I feel the lyrics dude are tryin to convey...but i still need hot beat to keep my interest, u need both in the end. I'm not sayin Dre beats don't knock...but the ones he gave to Jay this time don't. With producers like Premo, Heatmakers, Timberland, Cool And Dre, 9th Wonder, etc...u don't need 4 or so beats from one dude.
My thoughts exactly...and Dre's beats sound like the n*gga sent him a beat cd and Jay just picked a few out and rhymed over them...them joints dont sound in studio at all...still the album aint bad I gave it a 4 but after listening again 3.5/5
 11 years ago '04        #139
lostOnez 
space
space
space
$125 | Props total: 0 0
3 mics :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow
 11-11-2006, 10:32 PM         #140
Tyson 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I will have to spin it some more times to see if it grows on me

So far I'm little dissapointed...I was expecting some blow your mind sh*t at first spin

The production its kinda avarage with producers like Dre and swizz you will expect great beats straight

Comparing DA with KC is just stupid. They are 2 complete different rappers


Last edited by Tyson; 11-11-2006 at 10:34 PM..
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
146 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 32
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 13
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
143 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
206 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 7
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy