Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (2006)

most viewed right now
 144
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
29 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 117
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
153 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 95
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 54
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
182 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

How do you rate it?
5 BX - Great - classic! 243 21.89%
4 BX - Good ish 423 38.11%
3 BX - s'ok 274 24.68%
2 BX - Blah... 94 8.47%
1 BX - Frisbee status 76 6.85%
Voters: 1110. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #21
24 Kalibur 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,916 | Props total: 1201 1201
 Ushouldpayme said:
Keep listening fam, take the commercial ears off. I felt the same way about the Black Album when I first heard it. If not, it's cool we all don't like something.
realest sh*t i heard all day
im feeling this album maybe not a couple of tracks but theyll grow on me as i listen more.
 11-10-2006, 11:37 PM         #22
dipsetrenegade2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all the Dre beats are nice
the Coldplay produced track is better than any of em

I like this album its not sh*tty by any means. Its just different, more chilling.
 11 years ago '05        #23
rippac4 
space
avatar space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
I look at it like this he says this album is gonna bring hip hop back but I have to disagree, it's not garbage but it didn't live up to expectations but I like Snoop's album better but will wait for Nas
 11-10-2006, 11:53 PM         #24
jackus9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how can any of you possibly judge this album already? you've maybe listened to it once, and most of you probably just played 30 seconds of each track...poll should be shut down and re-opened in a few days...
 11 years ago '05        #25
mattdogg444 
space
avatar space
space
$14,497 | Props total: 717 717
2/5 im seriously thinkin about makin a thread asking if this is the real retail cuz what the fu*k?
 11-10-2006, 11:59 PM         #26
Kronikal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
do you listen to music or skim through it?
 11 years ago '04        #27
Jigga11w 
space
avatar space
space
$480 | Props total: 0 0
 dipsetrenegade2 said:
all the Dre beats are nice
the Coldplay produced track is better than any of em

I like this album its not sh*tty by any means. Its just different, more chilling.
Cosigns.. at first listen this albums comes off to me as 4.5/5. and thats just my honest opinion. only song i struggled to listen to as track 2. I feel that if you judge this album as a ALBUM and dont compare it to blueprint/reasonable doubt/ and The Black Album its good. Now i first wanna say aside from a couple songs jay didnt go far as far as subject matter. Flow is still top notch. Beats were VERY GOOD. i think what people are mostly complaining about would be subject matter and some of the crap jays talkin about. which as a jan fan i can agree with.. this is jays most CHILL album since Reasonable doubt. its got a completely different vibe to it than any of his albums. Now remember im not sayin this album is AS GOOD AS reasonable doubt just the same Chill vibe. personally when i rank jays albums it will go like this( take in mind im just makin it now so it aint like i took a lot of time to truely rank em)

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. Black Album
4. KINGDOM COME
5. Vol. 2
6. Dynasty
7. Vol. 3
8. Vol. 1
9. Blueprint 2 (could be higher if it would have just been one disc)

Once again my personal opionion not a fact. But as far as people sayin "how you gonna judge the album off of one listen" well personally I have felt the same about every album from the first listen to my most recent listen.. First heard black album and thought it was 4.75/5 and still feel the same. I'll admit Volume 3 and 1 grew on me with time.

As far as comparison to current albums.. Kingdom Come > Doctors Advocate.
First they are 2 completely different rappers but honestly jay is just better than game and this album proves it cuz even if you think DA is better its his second album jay on his 9th or 10th (sh*t I'm losin count) and in my opinion has jay should be runnin out of sh*t to talk about and game seems like hes already at that point ex. (dre, fu*k gunit, easy e, compton) as far as subject matter.

PEACE !!!!

When i judge an album i do it with my EARS and MIND. so the fact that I am a fan or not didnt go into judging the album..

1. B.I.G
1.b Nas
3. Jay-Z
 11 years ago '04        #28
newfnshow715 
space
avatar space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 CatchinZs said:
kingdom come >>> doctor's advocate

Your a stan, that game sh*t is 4 mics and i hate the n*gga and this jay sh*t is a frisbee and he is one of my favorites, worse jay cd ever.
 11 years ago '04        #29
newfnshow715 
space
avatar space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 Jigga11w said:
Cosigns.. at first listen this albums comes off to me as 4.5/5. and thats just my honest opinion. only song i struggled to listen to as track 2. I feel that if you judge this album as a ALBUM and dont compare it to blueprint/reasonable doubt/ and The Black Album its good. Now i first wanna say aside from a couple songs jay didnt go far as far as subject matter. Flow is still top notch. Beats were VERY GOOD. i think what people are mostly complaining about would be subject matter and some of the crap jays talkin about. which as a jan fan i can agree with.. this is jays most CHILL album since Reasonable doubt. its got a completely different vibe to it than any of his albums. Now remember im not sayin this album is AS GOOD AS reasonable doubt just the same Chill vibe. personally when i rank jays albums it will go like this( take in mind im just makin it now so it aint like i took a lot of time to truely rank em)

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. Black Album
4. KINGDOM COME
5. Vol. 2
6. Dynasty
7. Vol. 3
8. Vol. 1
9. Blueprint 2 (could be higher if it would have just been one disc)

Once again my personal opionion not a fact. But as far as people sayin "how you gonna judge the album off of one listen" well personally I have felt the same about every album from the first listen to my most recent listen.. First heard black album and thought it was 4.75/5 and still feel the same. I'll admit Volume 3 and 1 grew on me with time.

As far as comparison to current albums.. Kingdom Come > Doctors Advocate.
First they are 2 completely different rappers but honestly jay is just better than game and this album proves it cuz even if you think DA is better its his second album jay on his 9th or 10th (sh*t I'm losin count) and in my opinion has jay should be runnin out of sh*t to talk about and game seems like hes already at that point ex. (dre, fu*k gunit, easy e, compton) as far as subject matter.

PEACE !!!!

When i judge an album i do it with my EARS and MIND. so the fact that I am a fan or not didnt go into judging the album..

1. B.I.G
1.b Nas
3. Jay-Z


lol just bc your name is jigga you give it a 4.5 thats a 9/10 thats amazing considering every song is wack. Every one of his other cds are better especially the dynasty your buggin man this sh*t is SOO trash
 11 years ago '04        #30
newfnshow715 
space
avatar space
space
$3,199 | Props total: 0 0
 mattdogg444 said:
2/5 im seriously thinkin about makin a thread asking if this is the real retail cuz what the fu*k?
co-sign
worst jay cd by far
 11-11-2006, 12:05 AM         #31
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5

DIDN'T EXPECT MORE OR LESS....NOT A CLASSIC NOT GARBAGE...I ONLY CANT STNAD ABOUT TWO OR THREE TRAX THAT HOLLYWOOD sh*t AND THA USHER sh*t WAS THA WORST
 11 years ago '06        #32
Jayday00 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,284 | Props total: 4 4
Jayz is the greatest rapper alive, but i'm NOT feelin this album
why go outta ur way to sound o.d. mature "Mr. President" fu*k outta here
 11 years ago '04        #33
Jigga11w 
space
avatar space
space
$480 | Props total: 0 0
Like i said its just my opinion. . and like i said in other post.. none of us have the same mind nor the same ears. AND we dont like the same food.. LOL.. you know why?? cuz we are all different.... my opinion could change.. usually doesnt but it could. . and when i give an album a rating i also use it when comparing CURRENT albums that have came out.. and like we all know every year is a different year... The black Album might not have been considered as good as it was IF it had came out in 1996. TRUE STORY..

peace!
 11 years ago '04        #34
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
i expected more but eh maybe it'll grow on me gotta give it sum more spins
 11 years ago '06        #35
sincere7576 
space
avatar space
space
$310 | Props total: 0 0
album is alright not his best but its one of those cds u gotta listen to a couple of times to enjoy it
 11 years ago '06        #36
D.O.H. 
space
avatar space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
its good, but not a classic.....and not better than Game's
 11-11-2006, 12:30 AM         #37
DERRICK D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i gave it a 2......not good blah really a 1 though.


Last edited by DERRICK D; 11-11-2006 at 12:32 AM..
 11-11-2006, 12:32 AM         #38
rush0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm sorry, my view might be biased cuz im a true fan, but this sh*t is fiyah. He said n*ggaz shootin airballs lol. How could ya not like this...."you know why the call the projects, projects, cuz we're just projects/ objects in their experiment."


Last edited by rush0; 11-11-2006 at 12:43 AM..
 11-11-2006, 01:00 AM         #39
Jeans&Sneakers 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
2.5-3
"hollywood" and "anything"..:hang:
 11 years ago '04        #40
Datni99ajeff 
space
avatar space
space
$1,388 | Props total: 88 88
after listenin all da way through i gave it a 4 because only 2 of dem wasnt dat hot. I wish he couldve had more work with Kanye.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Video inside Who is she!!
25 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 16
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 11
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy