Jay-Z - Kingdom Come (2006)

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
22 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

How do you rate it?
5 BX - Great - classic! 243 21.89%
4 BX - Good ish 423 38.11%
3 BX - s'ok 274 24.68%
2 BX - Blah... 94 8.47%
1 BX - Frisbee status 76 6.85%
Voters: 1110. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '06        #201
ohhenry07 
space
space
space
$34 | Props total: 0 0
its nice to have him out of retirement, but he could have came back stronger
 11 years ago '04        #202
dezdilly 
space
space
space
$107 | Props total: 0 0
Why is nobody talking about "30Something"? Everybody on here too young for that track? i find it interesting that its the most genre changing track on the album, that is beggin for everybody to grown up, and there was not ONE mention of that song.

This album is for those sick of all the bs crack rap/snap rap/ hip pop.
It's grown man music, so i guess i'm not so surprised that some of our younger homies on BX aren't really feeling.

Not like LL, but Jay is showing us what mature rap can/should sound like, and i appreciate that.
 11-14-2006, 04:32 PM         #203
wayneboyar 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kb2602 said:
ive listened to this several times and its still pretty weak!! 4-5 good tracks but overall a subpar album!! all this "grown folk muisc" and "listen to the lyrics" talk is a lame excuse for a weak album!! lyrically its nothing special and the beats are bland as hell!! 2.5 to 3 mics at best

Totally agree. I think ppl have 2 be truthful to themselves and admit Jay didn't deliver on this album. I was expecting the Dre collabs to be mindblowing but instead they were average. The Dre beats sound like some Encore rejects that were never used by Eminem. Seriously Dre has to evolve his style cos his beats haven't really changed for the past 7 years. Plus Scorch has more or less bitten his style. Just by listenin to Lets Ride you can hear why Game doesn't really need Dre. Face it Jay was lazy with this album and Dre's beats are no longer special.
 11 years ago '04        #204
laneal316 
space
space
$875 | Props total: 76 76
THE ALBUM IS GOOD BUT DRE BEATS ARE DA sh*t. JAY SHOULD HAVE COME HARDER.
 11-14-2006, 10:34 PM         #205
GeMiNi 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
it reminds me of the Black Album....at first I didn't like all that much but that sh*t is seeming to grow on me...for right now im going to go with 3.5/5, it might end up like 4/5 soon
 11 years ago '05        #206
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
If we gave all hiphop albums this much of a chance thru 1000 listens to listen to it, how many 'classics' do you think would be realized?
 11 years ago '05        #207
dzuki77 
space
space
$1,442 | Props total: 66 66
This sh*t ain't nothing special.Stop defending this n*gga. he got his hunny buns already, don't be breaking you backs to give him more when it ain't worth it
 11 years ago '04        #208
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,183 | Props total: 3329 3329
Damn I can't believe this ALBUM is getting thrashed this is right now for me Jay-s most complete album.

Listen up kids...

Every song has a concept a different concept, Jay has real talk songs all throughout the album, the beats are banging, you can tell he put his heart into this.

I think people are so caught up with the Lil Wayne sh*t I think everybody expected to hear a bunch of rap songs filled with punchlines instead you got a HIP-HOP album with SONGS.

fu*k whatya heard 5/5 best album of the year so far. Holla
 11 years ago '04        #209
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,113 | Props total: 5400 5400
sh*t is aight...listened to it a few times and always expected to hear one song that i was like damn let me rewind that...didnt really get that. doctor's advocate sounds like game was tryin to spit circa 1996 even though old e is the sh*t. i gotta give it more listens but Doctor's advocate>>>>>>>>>>>Kingdom Come. And im a Weezy fan and though the punchline style is different I hear Weezy in pretty much every Jay song and still dont really get into it. 30 somethin hurt a few dudes feelings though.
 11 years ago '06        #210
STep*Ur*GaMe*uP 
space
space
$342 | Props total: 0 0
4..... great album, jay has done better... but its better than most artist could do
 11-15-2006, 04:29 AM         #211
Jay-Unit_(FRA) 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
great album
I love the beats
 11-15-2006, 08:01 AM         #212
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This might be Jay-z's worst cd to date. He just sounds lazy and bored on most of the tracks. No energy. Lame song concepts. Weak beat selection. Definatly not what I was expecting fron the Jigga Man.
 11-15-2006, 08:02 AM         #213
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
30 something is the worst song in the history of music.
 11-15-2006, 10:21 AM         #214
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 :applause: :applause: :applause:
 11-15-2006, 10:34 AM         #215
Marseille 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I have heard a a table,a painting made inspirations at him for doing the track Beach Chair.
Do you know the name of it or do you have a link when he said that was a inspiration from him for doing this track.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 11 years ago '05        #216
JDschoolboi06 
space
space
$672 | Props total: 1 1
Classic
 11 years ago '05        #217
TattooedMPsz 50 heat pts50
space
space
$25,376 | Props total: 8057 8057
kingdom come is garbage wit jay-z's elementary lyrics trash a.ss beats
 11-15-2006, 12:12 PM         #218
ILLmag 7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4/5 - great ish
 11 years ago '04        #219
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 dzuki77 said:
If we gave all hiphop albums this much of a chance thru 1000 listens to listen to it, how many 'classics' do you think would be realized?
You dont need a 1000 listens but judging something by one or two listens is a little irrational. But you are right, it works both ways. Albums can grow on after thinking it was wack but you can also lose interest in them as well. Something you thought was great in the beginning might not be so great one month down the line. Case in point Vol. 1 grew on me over time while dynasty ended up being average to me after I thought it was hot the first time around. I'm pretty sure this has happened to you with music.
 11-15-2006, 04:25 PM         #220
EMS the God 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dope album. great followup to black album. this is how jayz should rap.n*ggas shouldnt expect him to talk about the club & extra hood sh*t no more cuz he got a woman and he's paid and has an important job. he's a walking success story and if you dont hear how monumental each album he drops(especially since blueprint but not including bpII) you're bugging...n*ggas hated on black album til about a year later and now people realize how dope that one was, and i think it'll happen with this too..or maybe it will when everyone else is settled down and 30 something..im 20 btw
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now