Nov 5 - Floyd Mayweather Jr announces he is Retiring

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
43 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
10 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will one more fight put him in the Legend Status?

Props Slaps
 11-06-2006, 11:29 AM         #141
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 casper said:
aint that the guy that fought a throw-in f!ghter in the ndercard?? he couldnt even knock out that guy, it was terrible f!ght i felt bad for the guy...paul was treating him like a punchin bag & still couldnt put him out...anybody else see that??

yeah man, i saw that sh*t. that little mexican cat probably went to sleep that night and died cause of how many blows he took to the dome. paul the punisher is real though, ive seeen that cat knock cats silly. he'll be a champion in due time, but better than mayweather? obviously, as laughable as it sounds

anyways, fu*k whoever defended merchant, i hate that f*g. mayweather wanted to pop that coksucker and should have

mayweather is undefeated and sucks? that had to be racist white people that say that ignorant sh*t. u can't be a legend till u beat one? this aint rocky fool. he has beat people, hes got like 6 fu*king belts. and he is moving up weight class. yeah he is picking choosing what bigger cats he f!ghts, but who the fu*k wouldnt. this baldomir cat weighed 35lbs more than him before the f!ght. let me u see one of u cats f!ght a dude 40lbs bigger than u with professional hands. not to mention he dominated 2 decent fighers
 11-06-2006, 11:31 AM         #142
lyrical genius 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
6-8 of the posts before mine posted whilst i was posting. they summed up the stupid a.ss sh*t i was seeing lames say about an undefeated 5 time champ
 11 years ago '05        #143
dawizard911 105 heat pts105
space
space
$10,337 | Props total: 103 103
 jdogg562 said:
watch boxing for real..........?man first off corrales has a glass chin secondly arturro gatti is at best an average f!ghter who has above average heart and baldomir is'nt even in the same league until mayweather takes a f!ght with someone relevant in the division he will never get the credit he deserves look at oscar de la hoya he didnt start getting any credit until he started taking f!ghts he could actually lose.....im not taking anything away from mayweather i think he is good but he wont be considered great until he beats someone great......legends f!ght other legends.....check the record books.......

LEGENDS f!ght LEGENDS WHEN THEY ARE BOTH IN THE PRIME OF THERE CAREERS check your stats.

When he fought Corrales no one knew he had a "glass chin" until floyd exposed that. when he fought gatti above average skills or not everyone still never really thought he would domintate the way he did and baldomir was a quality opponent that hadn't lost a f!ght in 7 years. he don't need to f!ght anyone revelent to make people call him a legend and floyd don't need them f!ghts to make a name for himself, they need floyd to make a name for themselves these days there can never be a legend v.s legend match like the days of hagler v.s hearns or ali v.s frazier, because half these guys you think are good and revelant to the division don't have the skills or there skills are deminished to were the f!ght would be irrevelant. and how can you say oscar never got any credit until he started taking f!ghts he could lose??? oscar has been great since day 1 and always had my respect since i saw him beat Jorge Paez. he didn't just start to get mad respect from people when he fought trinidad or ike quartey or mosely f!ghts that "he could lose" and beating a legend don't make you great kid, the late trevor burbick beat muhammad ali and he was never considered a legend after that, Terry Norris beat Sugar Ray Leonard and he was never considered a legend after the so i think YOU should check your record books
 11 years ago '06        #144
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 555 555
 frequent23 said:
like roy said, it aint the fact that he aint fought nobody, he just make them look like nobody his weightclasses are weak compared to him hes just too advance man how can yall not see that
Floyd is a great f!ghter, but I feel as if the title of LEGEND is being thrown around too loosely. He is undefeated, and he has won 5 titles, and that does put him in the the category of GREAT, but I wouldn't call him a LEGEND. I agree that he is far more skilled and talented than all of the f!ghters available to him, but he doesn't have that career defining f!ght under his belt, he doesn't have that f!ght that cements his status of LEGEND. I would put Roy Jones Jr in the LEGEND category, because he does have guys like Hopkins and Toney on his resume, and he moved up and won a heavyweight title. I'm not saying Floyd needs to win the heavyweight title, but I do think he needs a f!ght or two against guys that are considered great f!ghters. Baldomir and Judah were never mistaken for great f!ghters. He neesds a f!ght against someone held in high regard, a f!ght that people will see as a legitamate challenge. Until then, there will always be a question in the minds of many as to just how great he truly is. Like I said, nobody doubts that Muhammad Ali, Ray Robinson or Floyd Patterson are LEGENDS, the fact that there is a debate amongst boxing experts and fans proves that he is not a sure fire LEGEND.
 11 years ago '06        #145
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
He wouldnt have a challenge unless he moves up more, and that isnt good for his body at all when u keep moving up, there is no one skilled enough to f!ght him around his natural weight class man it aint his fault he is too skilled i never knew that was a bad thing
 11-06-2006, 12:23 PM         #146
elli7072 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My wife was at the press conference, and the mufu*ka's cryin like "Oh, I'm so rich, I got 8 figgas, boo hoo" What a douche.
 11 years ago '06        #147
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
I am not discrediting anything that Floyd Mayweather has done in his career, I respect any man that can get in the ring and f!ght. And Floyd is not the average run of the mill f!ghter, he is one of the most skilled guys of this generation. Most f!ghters can only dream about doing some of the things Mayweather is capable of doing, but I feel that he has to step up to the plate and f!ght some of the guys that are considered legitamate threats. If Floyd f!ghts De La Hoya or Margarito and wins, I think it will give him a career defining match, that would change a lot of people's opinion about his place in history. Until then, there will always be a question mark in many people's mind. But if Floyd feels he has done enough and does retire, only time will tell what his legacy will truly be.
 11 years ago '04        #148
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
for anyone that says mayweather runs...your not a real boxing fan...you probably consider those bar room brawl ppv's sports. Keep in mind people this is boxing...you know "BOXING"..hit and not be hit...and as for paul williams beating him....i was suprised to see a lack of punching power f!ghting pakau who has been knocked out in his last two f!ghts
 11 years ago '06        #149
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
It's like this, Peyton Manning wins football games consistently, and puts up huge numbers, wins the MVP goes to the ProBowl, and sets NFL records, yet many people feel that Tom Brady is better. They feel that Brady is better, because he has won on the biggest stage. Until Manning wins a Superbowl, some people will question him. Floyd is in a similar situation, he needs that f!ght that will silence his critics. He needs a great f!ght against a great f!ghter, a f!ght that will remove some of the doubts that people have about him.
 11 years ago '05        #150
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
$1,689 | Props total: 35 35
 jasonrcruz said:
for anyone that says mayweather runs...your not a real boxing fan...you probably consider those bar room brawl ppv's sports. Keep in mind people this is boxing...you know "BOXING"..hit and not be hit...and as for paul williams beating him....i was suprised to see a lack of punching power f!ghting pakau who has been knocked out in his last two f!ghts
Im not gonna lie I was faling asleep during the f!ght, it was the same thing the whole f!ght, hit and run hit and run
 11 years ago '04        #151
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
I feel that he has to step up to the plate and f!ght some of the guys that are considered legitamate threats. If Floyd f!ghts De La Hoya or Margarito and wins, I think it will give him a career defining match, that would change a lot of people's opinion about his place in history. Until then, there will always be a question mark in many people's mind. But if Floyd feels he has done enough and does retire, only time will tell what his legacy will truly be
Margarito???? who's seen margarito f!ght more than once on tv to even say he should be in the ring with Floyd?...

Everyone's puttin Margarito up on this pedestal b/c he's a lil bit bigger than the average welterweight... margarito should f!ght hatton...

ODLH - now that would be a good f!ght.... and it's also a big payday....

Now that I've mentioned hatton... please don't mention him and floyd f!ghting... they tried to get this f!ght and Hatton's peeps said NO!!!! So, how is floyd running?

As for Sat's f!ght.... when did floyd run from Baldomir??? I didn't see it... now zab was runnin'

As for his weight class... is it really his fault that he's better than everyone in his division???? you forget that floyd is really a small cat and has been moving up in weight for a few yrs now! the point is ... He's still winning....

he has serious hand issues... and if he's retiring ... then good! b/c if he was to lose... some of ya'll def wouldn't give him his credit!
 11 years ago '05        #152
allstarzprez 
space
space
space
$153 | Props total: 0 0
Yall Haters have to be lil kids...because honestly, hes been gettin screwed around all his career, neva had the big promoter or nething. Son been shining for yrs. think about it...you go outside and f!ght 38 ppl....i bet u lose 67% of the time....he stepped into the ring w/ proffesionals and been whippin a.ss since he been on the scene....lmaoooooooooooooooo@ 2 out 3 not being good....i swear ppl just type on here just to type....Matter of fact isn't this his first REAL pay day

Last edited by allstarzprez; 11-06-2006 at 01:09 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #153
allstarzprez 
space
space
space
$153 | Props total: 0 0
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
It's like this, Peyton Manning wins football games consistently, and puts up huge numbers, wins the MVP goes to the ProBowl, and sets NFL records, yet many people feel that Tom Brady is better. They feel that Brady is better, because he has won on the biggest stage. Until Manning wins a Superbowl, some people will question him. Floyd is in a similar situation, he needs that f!ght that will silence his critics. He needs a great f!ght against a great f!ghter, a f!ght that will remove some of the doubts that people have about him.
^^ how is he similiar though....u see how many CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS dis dude has...lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
 11 years ago '04        #154
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
I see it like this, hes the man and as the man in america, everyone wants to see you go down...

The guy has no competition, no motivation and his name is constantly dragged into the mud...

His life is all about sacrifice, he can't eat, sleep, drink when he wants to, he can't enjoy himself because his body and health is his life...

The body can go so far, he probaly feels like he can't take the abuse anymore, both mental and physical of trainning...

I aplaud Floyd for bowing out when he feels it's time, look at Oscar, he can't get up for f!ghts anymore because he has no more hunger, he made the money and now he has another avenue...

The hate alone is reason to stop and start enjoying what he built...
 11 years ago '06        #155
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
 allstarzprez said:
^^ how is he similiar though....u see how many CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS dis dude has...lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
You missed the point, it's not about how many titles Floyd has won. Manning has as much skill and knowledge of the game as anyone, and has accomplished so much in his career, but there is questions about just how great he is. The question exists because he hasn't done it on the biggest stage, and until he does people will doubt him. Mayweather may be as skilled as anyone to ever step in the ring, and he has accomplished so much in his career, but he hasn't done it on the biggest stage, against the best f!ghters of his generation. And until he does people will doubt just how great he is. This is in noway a knock on Manning or Mayweather, I have a great deal of respect for both guys. I just feel that he needs that ONE GREAT f!ght to silence his critics, and Manning needs that Superbowl to silence his critics. If Floyd can go out and dominate a f!ghter like De La Hoya, or Margarito, whom, many think he is avoiding, it will change a lot of opinions about him. And it will give him more credibility when people talk about the LEGENDS of boxing. Like I said before, nobody doubts the greatness of Muhammad Ali, Joe Lewis, or Sugar Ray Robinson. When you are a LEGEND, you are a LEGEND, there is no disputing it. Floyd hasn't reached the point where there is no doubt that he is a LEGEND.
 11-06-2006, 02:57 PM         #156
frchi2dal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For all who think PBF is no legend. He would like to thank you for making him a rich MF. You steady hatin, but yet marking your calendars when he f!ghts. Let me guess you paying that $49.99 to see him lose? HAHAHA Keep paying Ho** and don't stop the Hatin'. The Shi** is fuel.
 11 years ago '04        #157
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
You missed the point, it's not about how many titles Floyd has won. Manning has as much skill and knowledge of the game as anyone, and has accomplished so much in his career, but there is questions about just how great he is. The question exists because he hasn't done it on the biggest stage, and until he does people will doubt him. Mayweather may be as skilled as anyone to ever step in the ring, and he has accomplished so much in his career, but he hasn't done it on the biggest stage, against the best f!ghters of his generation. And until he does people will doubt just how great he is. This is in noway a knock on Manning or Mayweather, I have a great deal of respect for both guys. I just feel that he needs that ONE GREAT f!ght to silence his critics, and Manning needs that Superbowl to silence his critics. If Floyd can go out and dominate a f!ghter like De La Hoya, or Margarito, whom, many think he is avoiding, it will change a lot of opinions about him. And it will give him more credibility when people talk about the LEGENDS of boxing. Like I said before, nobody doubts the greatness of Muhammad Ali, Joe Lewis, or Sugar Ray Robinson. When you are a LEGEND, you are a LEGEND, there is no disputing it. Floyd hasn't reached the point where there is no doubt that he is a LEGEND.

You prouve my point, everytime PBF steps in the ring, he goes from facing a Big f!ghter to beating a chump because he walks right thru em...

Like he said to Larry, give him his props! Was he not supppose to lose this f!ght because the other guy was a warrior? Now he beats the guy without breaking a sweat and the guy was a wuss right He beat Zab eazy so hes a wuss too... He k!lled everyone he stepped into the ring with and all of a sudden those guys where nobodies....

Dude, you will never be satified and thats why he wants to quit, not cause hes scared, scared of what? Whoe ever gave him problems? If he would walk right thru Oscar or Shane people would say there past there prime, If he beats Margarito or Hatton etc... People will say that those guys are chumps too...

Now if PBF gets beat, everyone will dismiss him like they did Roy J...

The funny thing is, even if PBF would win against Oscar 3 times in a row for example, Oscar would still get more money in all 3 f!ghts and thats some BS, I think they should make it like Poker, First gets 70%, second gets 30% or else, it's bad business for PBF...

Everybody paising Oscar like hes the man, who did he beat? A bunch of guys on there way out, old vets he used as stepping stones... As soon as he started to face the real guys, he got woopped, Trinidad outboxed him, Shane strait k!lled him, Xecutionner strait (Well I don't know what to say about that one...) for all I know, Pernel beat him too...

You guys are some real haters... Oscar beating Floyd, F*^& outahere

A buch of illigals flud the US buying out paperview and supporting the Golden Boy and us n*ggas bootleg Pretty and whe try to count ratings

Last edited by djinferno; 11-06-2006 at 03:24 PM..
 11-06-2006, 03:20 PM         #158
BlackThought 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LMAO@ the haterz.. GET EM MAYWEATHER!! Fuk the HATERZZ They just mad you on TOP!!
 11 years ago '04        #159
igotgame4ya 
space
space
$1,858 | Props total: 19 19
Rafael's remark: Anyone who doubts that Mayweather is the best f!ghter in the world, pound-for-pound, is either blind or a straight hater.

Dan Rafael - espn.com
 11 years ago '04        #160
filleezcustoms 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,649 | Props total: 299 299
This is his f!ghts, but theres really no big names there,Floyd Mayweather Jr
5'8" Weight: Lightweight&superlightweight&Welterweight(135 lbs-147) everyone knows that someone that size should be f!ghting at the 150 and up floyd just does not feel confident, the fact is that he will get whiped at anyclass higher than 147-160 to f!ght with Bernard the undesputed pound4pound at 160, dont think he could handle Oscar,Margarito or Hatton. if he planns to stay perfect he needs to keep f!ghting at 135-140.

Feb. 17 -- Carlos Rios, Grand Rapids, Michigan, W 12
(Retained WBC super featherweight title)
May 22 -- Justin Juuko, Las Vegas, KO 9
Sept. 11 -- Carlos Gerena, Las Vegas, TKO 7

Mar. 18 -- Goyo Vargas, Las Vegas, W 12
Oct. 21 -- Emanuel Burton, Detroit, Michigan, TKO 9

Jan. 20 -- Diego Corrales, Las Vegas, TKO 10
May 26 -- Carlos Hernandez, Grand Rapids, Michigan, W 12
Nov. 10 -- Jesus Chavez, San Francisco, California, TKO 10

Apr. 20 -- Jose Luis Castillo, Las Vegas, W 12
(Won WBC lightweight title)
Dec. 7 -- Jose Luis Castillo, Las Vegas, W 12
(Retained WBC lightweight title)

Apr. 19 -- Victoriano Sosa, Fresno, CA, W 12
Nov. 1 -- Phillip N'Dou, Grand Rapids, Michigan, TKO 7

May 22 -- DeMarcus Corley, Atlantic City, NJ, W 12

Jan. 22 -- Henry Bruseles, Miami, FL, TKO 8 *RECAP*
June 25 -- Arturo Gatti, Atlantic City, NJ, TKO 6 *RECAP*
(Won WBC Light Welterweight Title)