Nov 5 - Floyd Mayweather Jr announces he is Retiring

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Will one more fight put him in the Legend Status?

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #121
rgoins002 1 heat pts
space
space
$824 | Props total: 15 15
Regardless of what people say or think about Floyd Jr., he will go down in the history books as one of the greatest Welterweights and/or Lightweights ever. Now, for legend status, I feel that he should f!ght 2 more great f!ghters in a higher weight class. People should definitely not be hating on the dude. He's nice. Super nice.
 11-06-2006, 08:27 AM         #122
darealbigmeat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man even if floyd beats all these people you all say he is duckin then it'll be de la hoya was too old or shane done lost a step or hatton really aint that good i really don't see how he can really cement his legendary status because it will always be something since he destroys everybody in front of him
 11 years ago '05        #123
rgoins002 1 heat pts
space
space
$824 | Props total: 15 15
In addition, Mayweather has proved himself by beating Jose Castillo twice, Diego Corrales, Zab Judah, Hector Arroyo, Jesus Chavez, & Carlos Hernandez. So again, it's no question that he's the best pound-for-pound f!ghter in the Welterweight division. Point blank. Period.
 11 years ago '05        #124
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 164 164
 Chicano_Flow said:
and fu*k mayweather for dissing larry merchant.
n*gga please, he did the right thing by snappin on merchant's racist a.ss. he always talkin sh*t and hopes that a boxer will whoop mayweather's a.ss, but it ain't happenin. then u got emmanual stewart talkin sh*t too so he could talk up a f!ght with his boxer when he already know that floyd will whoop that a.ss.
 11 years ago '05        #125
youngfool 
space
space
space
$319 | Props total: 137 137
who cares
 11 years ago '05        #126
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Scorp said:
dudes a f*g...dipping out of f!ghts giving lame a.ss excuses. Hatton would but his punk a.ss to a pulp
You sir, are officially a d*ckhead.

He would beat Hatton the same way he beat Baldomir...probably worse.
 11-06-2006, 09:02 AM         #127
s00pz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im half and half with floyd's decision....from a fans perspective we feel as if we are being cheated, how can he retire at 27, hopefully he wont turn to rap or any other embarassing acts. It would be like lebron retiring right now. But i do think there is too much money for mayweather to just walk away. for someone who claims they love the sport so much, you can't simply walk away, jus look at the legends who loved their sport (Jordan, mario lemieux) they eventually came back.....but on the other hand floyd is f!ghting in a weightclass where no one can beat him. He is the youngest f!ghter WITH talent in the welterweights...no disrespect to oscar or sugar shane but u guys are gettin on in years and arent as quick or hungry as they were when they were 27. Zabs end was proven when BALDOMIR beat him, when i saw baldomir f!ght floyd it was like someone gave baldomir 3 shots of 151, blind folded him and put weights in his gloves. Floyd is just causing a reason for oscar to f!ght him and building the media up
 11 years ago '05        #128
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
Oh yeah...fu*k LARRY MERCHANT, HE DESERVED THAT sh*t. Everybody gassed Baldomir up like he was going to do something and he COULD'NT DO sh*t. Then they turn around and act as if their dissapointed in Mayweather? He did what he had to do, he's not going to stand there and let a Muthafu*ka beat on him. He frustrated that big dumb slow muthafu*ka, Mayweather hitting him three times for everytime Baldomir throws one punch. Mayweather is a BOXER, not a UFC f!ghter.
 11 years ago '05        #129
ElQueHablaSucio 24 heat pts24
space
space
$2,258 | Props total: 649 649
de la hoya money/fame >>> mayweather.
 11-06-2006, 09:18 AM         #130
s00pz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Please no more hype about ricky hatton either, guy is NOT a boxer jus some guy the put in the ring who rushes you and throws punches (similar to a child) floyd would DESTROY HIM...i repeat DESTROY HIM, the worst thing u can do to a f!ghter like floyd is rush him with ur head down
 11-06-2006, 09:42 AM         #131
plattinum13 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The bottom line of this is that the people claiming that Floyd a f*g and a bum just dont like is ego. In boxing you have to have an ego. You have to think your the best or you will get beaten. Floyd fought the f!ght he had too to win and not only that he didnt lose a round. Normally in boxing you lose rounds when all you do is run and the other person is always coming foward. So in those rounds he had to be doing something other then running. He's dominated the f!ght. I like Winky Wright but what has he really done to be considered in the same class as Floyd. Everyone saying Floyd needs to f!ght a legend to be one, but name a legend still boxing today. Floyd is the closest thing to a legend and in my book is one. If Floyd did f!ght Oscar and dominated him the same people hating on him for duckin f!ghts will just flip the script and say how Floyd bet an Oscar who is at the decline of his career. To me it just sounds like most of you are haters on Floyd and like at who's in boxing now, Floyd is clearly the best. I wish there were legends for him to beat up on but there not. Im suprised most of you haters arent yelling for him to jump up to heavyweight and try and knock people out there just because anyone close to his size is clearly outmatched. You dont need to be classy to be a legend. Take Ali for example. Deffinately a legend and deffinatly arrogant.
 11 years ago '04        #132
come 
space
space
space
$50 | Props total: 1 1
Now, I give Mayweather all the credit in the world. The man has talent. He is definitely a talented f!ghter. My one problem is whether he is a hall of famer. The man has fought no one. The last f!ght that was even close to being anticipated, was the f!ght againt Corrales. The man has fought no names and has beens. Gatti was done way before he fought Floyd. To top it all off, the man has no real power. He has moved up and with that, his power has disappeared. He is a good f!ghter that has come around at a bad time for his weight class. There is no one to f!ght him. It is not about him being to great to be beat, it is just that there is no other great f!ghters for him to f!ght. Does that really make him great? I am talking about Suger, Hearns and Haggler. I am talking about Ali, Liston, Foreman, Frazier. Those f!ghts and f!ghters made every man involved a legend, what f!ght has Floyd had? I would put Marco Antonio Barrea in way before I put Floyd.
 11 years ago '05        #133
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
 plattinum13 said:
The bottom line of this is that the people claiming that Floyd a f*g and a bum just dont like is ego...To me it just sounds like most of you are haters on Floyd and like at who's in boxing now, Floyd is clearly the best. I wish there were legends for him to beat up on but there not. Im suprised most of you haters arent yelling for him to jump up to heavyweight and try and knock people out there just because anyone close to his size is clearly outmatched. You dont need to be classy to be a legend. Take Ali for example. Deffinately a legend and deffinatly arrogant.
:applause:
 11 years ago '05        #134
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
 outkast said:
n*gga please, he did the right thing by snappin on merchant's racist a.ss. he always talkin sh*t and hopes that a boxer will whoop mayweather's a.ss, but it ain't happenin. then u got emmanual stewart talkin sh*t too so he could talk up a f!ght with his boxer when he already know that floyd will whoop that a.ss.
larry had that coming for a long time. i always wanted bernard to snap on him. larry sh*tted on him all of his career pretty much.
 11 years ago '04        #135
$ouljaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,029 | Props total: 230 230
 Chicano_Flow said:
fu*k mayweather for dissing larry merchant.
Its true Larry Merchant dont know sh*t about boxing and this isnt the 1st time a boxer has told him that. All his questions are stupid, and he needs to get a day job, cause he cant do the one with HBO. Merchant doest have an athletic bone in his body, yet he talks as if he is a ring veteran.
 11-06-2006, 11:04 AM         #136
D-Blak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 soolie said:
yo put it like this mayweather is garbage nobody to f!ght in his weight class just like roy jones move up if you think you got skillz but to stay in the same weight class for yearz but never really f!ght nobody thats not skillz at all
good job SOOLIE showin u know absolutely nothin. he's moved up from 130 to 140 to 147. u know nothin son
 11 years ago '06        #137
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,359 | Props total: 553 553
Floyd doesn't have to beat legends, but he does have to beat the best that his generation has to offer. Even if he is far more superior, he still has to show and tell, not just tell. Floyd has talked trash about pretty much every f!ghter out there, and proclaimed himself the greatest f!ghter of all time, but he hasn't fought the guys he is talking trash about. He is a magnificant boxer, but LEGENDS don't just dismiss other f!ghters, they f!ght them. Mayweather needs top tier oppenents on his resume to be considered a true legend. There are too many legitimate f!ghts available for him to just walk away, as if he has proven that he is what he claims to be. For a guy with so much talent and so big an ego, I would think that he would go out and quiet everyone who doubts his place in history, really put his stamp on the sport, and build his legacy. Don't get me wrong, I respect Floyd as a boxer, and I love it when a guy talks trash and backs it up, but it's like the old saying, "to talk the talk, you have the walk the walk". Unfortunatley, as gifted as Floyd Mayweather is, he has done more "talking" than "walking".
 11 years ago '06        #138
frequent23 
space
space
$1,084 | Props total: 82 82
Its funny cuz everyone said the same sh*t about roy jones, then he listened to everyone and went up to heavyweight and light heavy and started gettin knocked out cuz he let people get to him Floyd has nowhere else to go, hes too small to move up, and if he moves back down, he will just smash everyone, he has no where else to go in boxing, he has a mouth just like Ali had a mouth, if someone dont say they the greatest then who will? n*gga has every right to say he the best look at his record and how he f!ghts, hes levels ahead of everyone in skill, but nah yall n*ggas want him to move up out of his weightclass and get spanked and then talk about how sorry he is like yall did roy, i remember the old gatti vs. maywheather thread on here and n*ggas was talkin bout how gatti was gonna punish him, look what he did to that bumb Leave the boy alone and face the fact that hes great, n*gga is c*cky as sh*t and I dont even like him, but I aint gonna hate on the n*gga like yall and not admit that he is a great f!ghter If Ali was in his prime today and was doin what he did back in the day, some n*ggas on here would say he suck, cuz u just wanna hate k!ll yourselves
 11 years ago '06        #139
frequent23 
space
space
This n*gga aint lost a f!ght and u say hes done more talkin then walkin what do u gotta do to get respect these days???
 11 years ago '06        #140
frequent23 
space
space
like roy said, it aint the fact that he aint fought nobody, he just make them look like nobody his weightclasses are weak compared to him hes just too advance man how can yall not see that
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy