Nov 5 - Floyd Mayweather Jr announces he is Retiring

most viewed right now
+31  187
28 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Will one more fight put him in the Legend Status?

12 years ago '05        #51
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
$1,704 | Props total: 42 42
 lilkat0 said
wasn't doin too much runnin if he landed 67% of punches..
I dont know if you were listening to Larry Merchant and Emanuel Stewart saying that Floyd is just showing that he is faster than a slow f!ghter thats all, he wasnt keeping the pressure or trying to go for a KO.

12 years ago '05        #52
KruptedWayz 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$3,838 | Props total: 1558 1558
FLOYD hasent fought any real f!ghters!!!! He aint no legend!

12 years ago '05        #53
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
 mt fuji said
i watched damn near the whole f!ght,up to round 10.....when did he run??

dude str8 outboxed dude point blank,they wanted him to mix it up wit dude the last 2 rounds but floyd is all about the W

and if floyd ain't a legend,then who is??

stop hating
He ran by landing one or two shots and backed off, the only reason he landed that 67% is because he clearly is much faster than baldomir, and LOL i listened to Floyd talk in an interview before the f!ght saying that if Baldomir wanted to go toe to toe that was going to happen but it didnt

12 years ago '05        #54
Chuck Hustle 
space
space
$8,516 | Props total: 2 2
 LakerFan said
2 out of 3 is 66 so that doesn't really mean he wasn't runnin.
In boxing thats a high a.ss percentage...So yeah he wasnt running

12 years ago '05        #55
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
 whoaitsme said
What in the pink fu*k is wrong with you? Roy Jones moved up from middleweight all the way to heavyweight, the first person to do it in like a 100 years. Floyd Mayweather started at 135 I believe and now he is f!ghting at 147, despite being severely undersized in stature.

If anyone stuck at a division for "so long" it was Bernard, but even he moved up 2 weight classes to f!ght Tarver.

And for those of you who think he should f!ght Hatton, maybe Hatton should at least show he is competitive at 147 as he almost lost his only f!ght at 147. You guys still need to learn that speed k!lls...and when you have defense, it's even more deadly
Mayweather lost to Castillo on their first f!ght, so what difference does it make with Hatton almost losing his last f!ght?? They both havent had important f!ghts, but if they both f!ght eachother it will be considered one.

11-05-2006, 01:07 PM         #56
Surfinfool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilkat0 said
wasn't doin too much runnin if he landed 67% of punches..

the man has potential, but why retire now, can't be that boring?

12 years ago '05        #57
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
 ev1lle1 said
Floyd is the best in our era period. Stop all the hate! And why should he f!ght de la hoya? Hes waay overrated! He's lost four fu*king f!ghts! Hes just the big money draw that qoute america wants to win, his washed up, floyd dont need that f!ght to prove he's a legend, he already is!
You cant be overrated when you f!ght a boxer which all the fans want you to f!ght against. DLH fought against boxers which ppl wanted to see him f!ght, when you are in a f!ght where your f!ghting someone like (B Hop, Trinidad, Vargas, Mosley, Ike) and you are in trouble and you overcome it showing heart, THAT is what shows your in legend status.

12 years ago '05        #58
Chicano_Flow  OP
space
space
 AlSween said
cause margarito is a bum. why should mayweather f!ght a bum calling him out.
Man when you let your mouth fly and talk sh*t bout a certain f!ghter, you gotta back your sh*t up and f!ght him because just with him wasting his time talking about margarito that means something doesnt it, regardless of alot ppl not knowing who he is, he shouldnt be dissing ppl and duck em.

11-05-2006, 01:24 PM         #59
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mayweather is turning into the next tyson.. the general public(who know nothing about boxing) are going to label him a legend.

When in reality neither have beat anyone good enough to be labeled a legend

name an amazing boxer mayweather has beat/////////////

12 years ago '06        #60
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,506 | Props total: 1037 1037
Mayweather has a reputation for ducking f!ghters, and is disliked by many for his arrogance, and he hasn't fought enough top tier f!ghters to be considered a legend by most experts. He is one of the most gifted f!ghters in the sport, but that alone doesn't make him a legend. He needs one or two more great f!ghts against great f!ghters. Guys that are cosidered legends are so, because they beat great f!ghters. After beating Gatti, Floyd's stock went up, but since then he hasn't fought anyone of importance. And you can argue that Gatti was declining. Judah and Baldomir are quality f!ghters, but they aren't elite f!ghters. Ray Leonard had Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran. Mayweather doesn't have that type of resume, so I think his position in history is still up in the air. Just retiring undefeated won't cement his play in history, when he didn't f!ght the best f!ghters of his era.

11-05-2006, 01:44 PM         #61
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JOHNSNAKE06 said
Mayweather has a reputation for ducking f!ghters, and is disliked by many for his arrogance, and he hasn't fought enough top tier f!ghters to be considered a legend by most experts. He is one of the most gifted f!ghters in the sport, but that alone doesn't make him a legend. He needs one or two more great f!ghts against great f!ghters. Guys that are cosidered legends are so, because they beat great f!ghters. After beating Gatti, Floyd's stock went up, but since then he hasn't fought anyone of importance. And you can argue that Gatti was declining. Judah and Baldomir are quality f!ghters, but they aren't elite f!ghters. Ray Leonard had Tommy Hearns, Marvin Hagler, Roberto Duran. Mayweather doesn't have that type of resume, so I think his position in history is still up in the air. Just retiring undefeated won't cement his play in history, when he didn't f!ght the best f!ghters of his era.
nice to see someone with an actual brain

but the rest of the people on boxden are too moronic to understand your point, they're just going to call you a "hater"

12 years ago '04        #62
n2deep2 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 0 0
I watched the f!ght... If you wanna call it that.. And Mayweather ran the ring.
It was terrible.

12 years ago '04        #63
n2deep2 
space
space
space
$265 | Props total: 0 0
Mayweather would be beat by Margarito, Cintron, and maybe De La Hoya. Hell.. Mosely has a chance.

12 years ago '04        #64
peto 
space
space
$2,399 | Props total: 57 57
stop hating i seen the f!ght floyd is nice and he boxes smartly.

12 years ago '05        #65
CurlyG 
space
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
i wonder who will be his final boxing match

12 years ago '04        #66
Kaotic 
space
space
$3,327 | Props total: 0 0
hatton would destroy mayweather

im convinced...

hatton hasnt lost a fite...

i dntca re if his last fite was close

11-05-2006, 02:32 PM         #67
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Calzaghe needs to jump up a weight and f!ght Mayweather

that's a f!ght i'd fu*king pay to see

12 years ago '04        #68
jdogg562 10 heat pts10
space
space
$670 | Props total: 589 589
 r a n c i d said
Calzaghe needs to jump up a weight and f!ght Mayweather

that's a f!ght i'd fu*king pay to see
calzaghe needs to jump a weight.......? i thought he f!ghts at like super middle weight.....? also mayweather will never reach legend status cuz he has not fought one f!ghter who will be a legend he's not willing to risk his rep that's why he is retiring.......he does'nt want to end up like roy jones......finally being exposed...........just my take........

11-05-2006, 02:51 PM         #69
tanictotight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope mayweather f!ghts the rest of these undefeated bums and kick their a.ss so yall can give this man the respect that he deserves, bottom line, everybody he fought he beat, so give him some respect

11-05-2006, 02:58 PM         #70
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jdogg562 said
calzaghe needs to jump a weight.......? i thought he f!ghts at like super middle weight.....? also mayweather will never reach legend status cuz he has not fought one f!ghter who will be a legend he's not willing to risk his rep that's why he is retiring.......he does'nt want to end up like roy jones......finally being exposed...........just my take........
Yep, i meant mayweather needs to start putting on the pounds, to f!ght someone worthy

11-05-2006, 02:58 PM         #71
cv837 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You people are unbelievable, what does this man have to do in order for him to get some respect..maybe go ten years without losing? Maybe be the best pound for pound f!ghter in the world..Maybe out juke and punch his opponents? You all are just mad because he didnt f!ght everysingle fu*kin f!ghter...so what?
TEN YEARS UNDEFEATED and by mutha fu*kas with big names. I dont want him to retire but then again he has my respect either way...O yeah remember the Hagler and Robinson f!ght where Robinson get moving and running around the ring for the last rounds....and still no one calls him a coward they just think that he boxed the way he had to....TO WIN...stop hating on MAYWEATHER

12 years ago '04        #72
AlSween 
space
space
$1,388 | Props total: 26 26
ppl only call f!ghters legends when they lose half the rounds instead of dominate.

11-05-2006, 03:22 PM         #73
tanictotight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas need to just start respecting the man, he been kicking a.ss for far too long not get no respect, i guarantee that not one single person writing on this thread will last 30 seconds in the ring with that n*gga, but yet i see people calling him a pus*y like they could beat him or something

12 years ago '05        #74
rahnySigel 
space
space
space
$187 | Props total: 49 49
i agree floyd is classless
and to me legends have class
but he is at the top of his game right now
no one can beat him, and im not even a fan of dudes
but you guys gotta stop bein emotional and call it the way it is
he is a fu*kin great f!ghter, one of the best

and fuk larry merchant, wit his negative a.ss, no matter how much any star boxer whips the other's a.ss laryy always gotta give his lame a.ss 2 cents about what was wrong... fuk him

rahnSig

12 years ago '05        #75
MoneylnThebank 
space
space
$88 | Props total: 0 0
i think dude was just emotional after the f!ght when he realized the sh*t he said. . but when they start flashin him money again for bigger f!ghts u know he's gonna bite. . he's def not retiring. .

Home      

most viewed right now
+174online now  27
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
169 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+53online now  26
Would you let Superhead give you top?
146 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+57online now  25
Image(s) inside My boy got them Concords for the LOW low
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+21online now  14
Image(s) inside Looks Like Nicki Minaj Found Her Kevin Federline
129 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside TEKASHI69 6IX9INE has OFFICIALLY TURNED DOWN his life saving PLEA DEAL ..
130 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+119online now  9
Image(s) inside White Justice: Woman to spend time in jail every June for 10 years
98 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  9
Video inside Here's is a review of the console Soulja Boy rebranded.
42 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
94 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy