Nov 4 - Jay-Z: "It's like going to war with Bush"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
63 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 11-04-2006, 10:42 AM         #1
6184 pageviews
119 comments

luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nov 4 - Jay-Z: "It's like going to war with Bush"

In the November issue of XXL mag..........

I'mma post some random sh*t outta the mag y'all might want to read.

Your harshest critic about the Roc fallout was Cam'ron. I know youve publicly dismissed his diss record toward you, but you must have gotten some satisfaction that the attack didn't take his career to the next level.

I'm happy that the world got to see that. That'll make everybody know that that isn't the way out. Everybody thinks that's the way out. You say something about somebody that's popular - just talk reckless, go kamikaze, whatever. Like, what are you gonna do, k!ll me? k!ll me? [Laughs] Jay's not gonna k!ll me.

I know a side of you wants to laugh it off, but he must have gotten under your skin. Or anytime you hear about someone new goin' at you ...

Sadly, I expect that now. Anything. People are missing the whole sh*t - integrity. There are ways to go about it. Now it's like a whatever-I-gotta-do-to-get-it mentality, with no ethics. Nastiness, bullsh*t, marketing. I expect it. It doesn't even anger me anymore. In the beginning, it did. I used to think about it, like Why would you want war with someone like me? In the real world, it's dangerous.

It's like going to war with Bush. He has too much strength and too much paper. You're not gonna win that war. There's no way around it. You're not gonna win that war in the street. You can't. Honestly. You're talking about from a real guy perspective, this isn't entertainment. You just can't. He's too powerful. The paper is too long. Leave that guy alone. And on the entertainment side, I'm powerful too. I get busy. I can really rap. I got classics. I got fans and an army.

Most times you seem to carry yourself like you're above the fray, but then there've been times, especially on the Angie Martinez Show, where you lost your cool.

I love those moments. You know, everything in life happens for a reason. I'm never afriad to say my true emotions, no matter how unpopular. I know who I am. I don't have to pretend. That, to me is the problem with Hip-Hop - people are pretending. I don't have to put up a front or act a certian way all the time. I can smile, and I can have fun. I'm not gonna wear Nike Airs on a 200- foot yacht and it's 400 degrees outside.

I'm not gonna do it. I don't care. I'm not walking around the city, muthafu*ka. I'm not walking around in the city in jeans and flip-flops. I'm not doing that either. But I;m not gonna be in St.-Tropez ... I had on the fu*kin' white linen with the Purple Label pinstripe pants. I'm gonna dress according to the weather. I'm not gonna wear a long T-shirt down to my knees and walk around the beach. I'm not doing that. And if that means that I'm not Hip-Hop, then I'm not Hip-Hop. fu*k it. I'm secure with who I am. I don't have nothing to prove. I'm a man first.

119 comments for "Nov 4 - Jay-Z: "It's like going to war with Bush""

11 years ago '05        #2
iseepassem718 
space
space
$690 | Props total: 0 0
real talk. he k!llin these dipset n*ggas on the low. Shout out to dipset though. cam, jimmy , and rell still go hard
 11 years ago '05        #3
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
he made a good point about not wearin flip flops in the city

im glad he reponded to the camron diss record
 11-04-2006, 11:33 AM         #4
WOODMO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay speakin on some real sh*t.... im glad he addressed the whole sandle thing cuz that was homo on cams part
 11-04-2006, 11:37 AM         #5
DirtyHarry  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
jay is such a bi*ch. i cant believe this dude has fans
 11 years ago '05        #6
DaveDeeSeaTown 
space
space
$465 | Props total: 33 33
theres more to the article right
 11-04-2006, 12:06 PM         #7
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yeah there's like 5 pages and he talks about some real sh*t.

Def Jam most notably. I think the part of the interview that got me the most is how he saw the breakup with Dame and Biggs.
 11 years ago '05        #8
dipset kid0221 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,190 | Props total: 8 8
 DirtyHarry said:
real talk. his fans are the same ones that was saying jay was too good to respond to cam and now when he do they talking bout they happy. n*ggas dont know what they want.
 11-04-2006, 12:12 PM         #9
mr.hanky318  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^^
 11-04-2006, 12:14 PM         #10
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipset kid0221 said:
real talk. his fans are the same ones that was saying jay was too good to respond to cam and now when he do they talking bout they happy. n*ggas dont know what they want.
Lets think for a little here.

Jay-Z didn't respond to Cam because k!lla Season was releasing and that would have given him more publicity. He said this a few times, but now since Jay is on his own time, WITH his own album releasing, why not?

Cam isn't releasing any album soon. Jay k!lled his hype just by ignoring him. Now Jay is building his hype by talking about it now. In other words, Jay owned the sh*t out of Cam'Ron.
 11 years ago '04        #11
CrAkKedOuT 961 heat pts961
space
space
space
$23,674 | Props total: 15140 15140
 DirtyHarry said:
 11 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 luda06 said:
Lets think for a little here.

Jay-Z didn't respond to Cam because k!lla Season was releasing and that would have given him more publicity. He said this a few times, but now since Jay is on his own time, WITH his own album releasing, why not?

Cam isn't releasing any album soon. Jay k!lled his hype just by ignoring him. Now Jay is building his hype by talking about it now. In other words, Jay owned the sh*t out of Cam'Ron.
if thats the case then why didnt he wait 6 months to respond to jim jones? yall n*ggas on here grown a.ss man taking up for another man like he giving yall money out his pocket for it. if he a bi*ch then he a bi*ch. same for cam and jimmy. if they got jumped at rucker and they some bi*ches for it then thats what they is. i aint about to make up reasons why a man i dont know aint a bi*ch.
 11 years ago '04        #13
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
^^^ JAY DID OWN THE sh*t OUTT CAM... HIS MOVIE AND ALBUM BLEW.... i cant believe i sat through that fukin movie.... at least i booted it haha... F SNITCH SET... oh yeah STYLES P IS THE HARDEST OUT!!! and HOV / NAS is bringing NY BACK WHERE ITS SUPPOSED TO BE... no thanks to Cam
 11 years ago '04        #14
Antman187 
space
space
$881 | Props total: 51 51
Silence is Golden.... you young cats know nothing about that....
 11 years ago '04        #15
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,167 | Props total: 1623 1623
Jay made some good points... but gotdamn this dude is big headed
 11 years ago '04        #16
space
space
space
 Antman187 said:
Silence is Golden.... you young cats know nothing about that....
what da fu*k?
 11-04-2006, 12:40 PM         #17
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dipset kid0221 said:
if thats the case then why didnt he wait 6 months to respond to jim jones? yall n*ggas on here grown a.ss man taking up for another man like he giving yall money out his pocket for it. if he a bi*ch then he a bi*ch. same for cam and jimmy. if they got jumped at rucker and they some bi*ches for it then thats what they is. i aint about to make up reasons why a man i dont know aint a bi*ch.
Lets think again.

Jay hasn't even released a diss track for Dipset. Never will. But then again, Jim Jones already took his shots at him now. Jay is on the comeback, once again with hype for Kingdom Come. On top of that Jay already knows Jimmy isn't as much as a threat of Cam (Which isn't much anyway), so there's nothing to lose for this n*gga now.

No diss song = no publicity for Dipset.

And Jay is still clowning these cats. You can tell it's working because "U Mad".
 11 years ago '04        #18
space
space
space
 luda06 said:
Lets think again.

Jay hasn't even released a diss track for Dipset. Never will. But then again, Jim Jones already took his shots at him now. Jay is on the comeback, once again with hype for Kingdom Come. On top of that Jay already knows Jimmy isn't as much as a threat of Cam (Which isn't much anyway), so there's nothing to lose for this n*gga now.

And Jay is still clowning these cats. You can tell it's working because "U Mad".
yeah fam, Jay is probably gettin that good commercial appeal... but from what I see in my city... n*ggas is saying "baaaaallllliiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn" & are not singin "Show me what you got" sorry but n*ggas in da hood are not bumpin his sh*t right now... ive heard nearly everybody bumpin "we fly high" though... Jay-Z is not really takin anything away from Dipsets huge fanbase

Last edited by polorsport2345; 11-04-2006 at 12:48 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #19
space
space
 luda06 said:
Lets think again.

u funny but i aint got no reason to be mad. i listen to dipset but it aint like i roll with them or nothing. jay aint say nothing about me and im pretty sure he wont so why would i get mad at him. its just that people like u be hating on n*ggas like dipset, game, weezy, etc. and saying they cant rap when them n*ggas out there just trying to make money like everyone else and they gotta be doing something right because they got money.
 11-04-2006, 01:02 PM         #20
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 polorsport2345 said:
yeah fam, Jay is probably gettin that good commercial appeal... but from what I see in my city... n*ggas is saying "baaaaallllliiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn" & are not singin "Show me what you got" sorry but n*ggas in da hood are not bumpin his sh*t right now... ive heard nearly everybody bumpin "we fly high" though... Jay-Z is not really takin anything away from Dipsets huge fanbase
That's the thing with two different singles. Jay's single aint for the street. Whatever Dipset makes is for the street. Two different audiences. Jay's is going to sell more though.

Street sells = won't even go gold.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
85 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago