In this week's Pulse Report, the streets are buzzing about Nas finally releasing new music, Jay-Z choking on Hot 97, Chingy bagging Tyra Banks and DJ Kay Slay obsessing over MySpace.
1. Nas finally drops his single. It was worth the wait. God's Son dropped the title track from his long anticipated Hip-Hop Is Dead...The N, earlier this week. "The N," which appears to be the B side to the single, also leaked. Let's start with the B side, on which the Queens lyricist subliminally responds to Dipset and then keeps it moving. "Streetsweepers in that coup all black/bi*ches want my chipped tooth back/Stillmac/so my kufi never get smacked," he offers in the first verse. He later warns, "I k!ll ya'll for spitting songs that involve me, n*gga/original verbal a.ssassin, had to carve me a n*gga." Meanwhile, Nas breaks down the science behind the name of his album on the title track. On the hook, N-A-S shares that if Hip-Hop is dead he'll "put an extended clip inside of my AK/Go to every station, murder the DJ." Well, there's a few talent-less, fat payola-ass DJs that deserve a clip or two. Word to Elliot Spitzer!
2. Jay chokes on Hot 97. Jay Hova Witness was up at Hot 97 chatting with Angie Martinez earlier this week. At one point, Angie mentioned Jay's guest verse on Beyonce's "Upgrade U," which Jay took as a cue to start feeling himself. His c*cky a.ss said, "I'm feeling my flow on this one. Let's talk about my flow for ten minutes." Word, Hov? How about 20 minutes? It sucks. Freestyling over the instrumental to Kanye West's "Grammy Family" during Funk Master Flex's show, Jiggaman begins with corny lines like, "I'm so independent I might buy Koch." Jay then hops on a myriad of retarded Alzheimer flows - way behind the beat. Plus Hovie kept forgetting his rhymes, trying to mask the mistakes as adlibs. To keep it funky, Jay's flow becomes steady further into the verse at which point he becomes dropping a couple of jewels about fame among other topics. But since Hov helped establish the "it's not what you say, but how you say it" standard, why not judge him by those criteria.
During the Angie interview, Hov also briefly referenced Jim Jones. Funny that Hov barely acknowledged Cam'Ron's disses, but seemed quite bothered with Jones' darts. Not that he's feeling the pressure, but Hov just doesn't see how Jones got the nerve to even step. "Like who is Jim Jones to be saying something about me? He doesn't have a... if we lookin' at it as far as career accomplishments. Or we looking at is as far as a lyrical skill," Jay vented. "Like who is... that's like the 9th guy off the bench just shouting "You a bum" to the superstar on court putting up 50 every night. This is the ninth guy like "You a bum. You suck!" We need a board to approve some of these moves 'cause these guys is just doing anything."
3. Ching-a-ling scoops Tyra Banks. Damn! From Chris Webber to Tyler Perry to Chingy? "America's Next Top Model" must be going down in ratings tremendously. On the flipside, Banks revealed her true self by appearing on several episodes of "The Tyra Banks Show" sans make-up. Eeeeeewww! Chingy is better off dating Keyshia Knight Pullam or that cute, phat a.ss chick from his last video. Whatever the title is. You know, the same one that was in the Rhymefest "Brand New" video. Anyway, word is Tyra and Chingy may be Hollywood's new "miss" couple. Word is sparks first flew when the St. Louis native appeared on the former super model's daytime talk show, recently. Chi-Ching reportedly made two appearances on the show for its November sweeps episodes. The lyrically-challenged rapper also appeared on an episode last year and was apparently stunned to witness Banks' corny toes after revealing that he had a fetish for nice feet. "On the first episode, Tyra tried to kiss Chingy, and he seemed to be taken aback by her forwardness," an audience member told Star Magazine. "But the next day, Tyra teased Chingy, saying, 'I have a fresh pedi!," the audience member continued. "Chingy immediately rubbed and kissed Tyra's bare feet and then said, 'I know I was a little taken back the other day, but now I'm ready for a real kiss!' and the two locked lips! You could see the sparks fly!" Wamp Wamp!
Banks also went undercover as a male member of Chingy's entourage. Not much details have been revealed on the show. But the man version of Tyra looked like Apl Da Ap from the Black Eyed Peas.
4. DJ Kay Slay is a Myspace Maniac!!! Myspace maniac? Really? Kay Slay knows how to use a computer? What a difference seven months make. Back in March, Slay and Papoose made it clear they had problems with Myspace imposters. Apparently, several fraudulent Pap pages had been created and the Streetsweepers blamed Tom. Now, after bringing drama the royal way and slapping your favorite DJ, Kay Slay is wrecking havoc as the Myspace Maniac. The Uptown, NY DJ also recently released a mixtape of the same name.
5. New York and Pumkin literally kiss and make up. This should read kiss in make-up, with New York's powdered face. Anyways, New York, who's been calling everybody a punk and swearing she's intimidated "Flavor Of Love" contestants for two seasons, apparently doesn't have balls. No pun intended (She probably does). In any event, New York was recently caught kissing Pumkin, literally. She planted one right on her lips. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! How you gon' kiss some chick that spat on you a year before, or at any point for that matter? So when given the opportunity to "lay the smack down" on Pumkin, NY chose to peck her instead. Interesting!
i' m so independent, i might buy koch is a thoro line.