The Game - Doctor's Advocate (2006)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
10 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
63 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

RATE
5 BX - Classic 471 34.71%
4 BX - Very Good... Highly recommended 548 40.38%
3 BX - It's Alright. Not great, but not crap as well 249 18.35%
2 BX - I suggest you stay away from this one 39 2.87%
1 BX - Trash! Don't waste your time on this! 50 3.68%
Voters: 1357. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10-31-2006, 01:52 PM         #141
Liquid Oxygen 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think the majority of people that are dissapointed with this release had too much hype surrounding it for the most part. When you listen to the hype from the artists, the producers and the media, a person will make up their mind on expectations for an upcoming release. Yes, every person has an expectation when listening to music, but setting standards too high will ultimitly bring dissapointment in the majority of cases. Knowing that Dr. Dre would not be participating on this CD dropped it down a notch write off the bat, because you know when Dre mixes an entire disc it will have that high quality feel to it. So one can ask the question of how can a person really compare The Documentary and Doctors Advocate? One was mixed and heavily produced by a legend in the game for the past 15 years, while this sophmore release was put together mainly by the Game. The Game doesn't have the skill like a Dr. Dre in putting classic cd's together, and he was mainly on his own this time around.

Producing wise it is excellent and has a very west coast feel to it, something that was lacking on The Documentary. Yes write off the bat The Game namedrops and he doest his fairly occassionally until the end of his cd but that is his style. Eminem loves talking about his daughter, Jeezy and a large portion of the south favor lyrics about hustlin, drugs and women. That is their style, and Game has his own.

I can go track by track and explain the elements that make each track special on its own regard but that will take far too long. How people can hate on an entire CD that keeps your head nodding with exceptional beats and the Game's grimey hard delivery (albiet simple lyrics) confuses me.

I think this forum has their minds made up for the most part before a CD even drops, and people should open their minds up a bit to art*tsts that are not in their OWN backyard or they possibly did not enjoy listening to previously.
 11 years ago '04        #142
lynxx 
space
space
$289 | Props total: 1 1
this album..will go down as a classic....n will probably make the documentary a certified classic....y cause his second album hold its own...n show he is really a force to be wreckin wit....
 11 years ago '06        #143
vic20dipset 
space
space
$764 | Props total: 0 0
sh*ts crack... for it not to have any dre on it...
 11 years ago '04        #144
lynxx 
space
space
$289 | Props total: 1 1
 vic20dipset said:
sh*ts crack... for it not to have any dre on it...

exactly.......how can u still try hate...when all of us though it wud of suck without dre..but dis sh*t is hottt...n tha only album that i will actually play all tha time for the year...
 11 years ago '06        #145
dandman 
space
space
$611 | Props total: 0 0
i give this 4 it probably would have been a 5 if he had that mary j blige song produced by cool and dre.
Just Blaze always suprises me, i never thought that he could make a beat like remedy, crazy track.
imo Just blaze tracks on DA >> Just Blaze tracks on TD
 11 years ago '06        #146
acAWN 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,644 | Props total: 179 179
its great cd but i got bored some of the tracks quickly for some reason
 11 years ago '05        #147
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
as of right now my favorite songs are

1. One night
2. Doctors Advocate
3. Cali Vacation
4. Lookin at you
5. Ole English
6. One Blood
7. Lets ride
8. Too much
9. why you hate the game
10. Around the world
 11 years ago '04        #148
kingjames944 
space
space
space
$384 | Props total: 0 0
After the first listening i did not love it, but the LP is really growing on me.

i gave it 5/5 but that is after second listen

Favorite track
Too much
 10-31-2006, 03:22 PM         #149
BOX•CHEV 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Liquid Oxygen said:
I think the majority of people that are dissapointed with this release had too much hype surrounding it for the most part. When you listen to the hype from the artists, the producers and the media, a person will make up their mind on expectations for an upcoming release. Yes, every person has an expectation when listening to music, but setting standards too high will ultimitly bring dissapointment in the majority of cases. Knowing that Dr. Dre would not be participating on this CD dropped it down a notch write off the bat, because you know when Dre mixes an entire disc it will have that high quality feel to it. So one can ask the question of how can a person really compare The Documentary and Doctors Advocate? One was mixed and heavily produced by a legend in the game for the past 15 years, while this sophmore release was put together mainly by the Game. The Game doesn't have the skill like a Dr. Dre in putting classic cd's together, and he was mainly on his own this time around.

Producing wise it is excellent and has a very west coast feel to it, something that was lacking on The Documentary. Yes write off the bat The Game namedrops and he doest his fairly occassionally until the end of his cd but that is his style. Eminem loves talking about his daughter, Jeezy and a large portion of the south favor lyrics about hustlin, drugs and women. That is their style, and Game has his own.

I can go track by track and explain the elements that make each track special on its own regard but that will take far too long. How people can hate on an entire CD that keeps your head nodding with exceptional beats and the Game's grimey hard delivery (albiet simple lyrics) confuses me.

I think this forum has their minds made up for the most part before a CD even drops, and people should open their minds up a bit to art*tsts that are not in their OWN backyard or they possibly did not enjoy listening to previously.
fu*k THIS GUY..HE FROM CANADA
HEY GAME/G-UNIT GROUPIE......
STOP LISTING TO RAP
 10-31-2006, 03:25 PM         #150
rebelus 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I am not feeling this album at all. I am going to take another listen on my way home from work tonight but after listening to it the first time it is a 3.5 possible 4 mic lp. But I wouldn't call this classic and diffenitly not crack!! LOL got to be kidding me on that one.
 10-31-2006, 04:18 PM         #151
prnybk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
3 nothing more maybe less

3 maybe 4 good tracks I'd excepted ALOT better
 11 years ago '06        #152
AdN 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 0 0
as i'm listenin to the album... im gettin someway that mid-90's feel game came hard on this one, beatwise i'm feelin it and homey did his thing, ill give my full opinion when i finish listenin to it but i'm likin wat im hearin so far
 11 years ago '05        #153
dblockallday 
space
space
$8,811 | Props total: 1520 1520
anyone hatin on this album is just dissappointed becuz this album was hyped up to be the best album in the world, so when it dropped and it was great, but not amazing, people hate on it rather than give it the props it deserves

solid 4/5 album, the fact he put the whole album together himself without the help of eminem, dre, 50, g-unit etc etc proves game gon be here for years
 10-31-2006, 04:45 PM         #154
jackus9 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BOX•CHEV said:
fu*k THIS GUY..HE FROM CANADA
HEY GAME/G-UNIT GROUPIE......
STOP LISTING TO RAP
wow...i think you just proved his point...he was making a totally partisan point, saying that he thinks everyone comes in with their own expectations and/or affiliation with certain rap groups/styles, and that the expectations on the bx are always too high, and rarely have anything to do with this album

real talk: you can't tell an album's true rating after one listen, it takes at least 3 or 4. if it's still hot then, it's truly a hot album. if you're already sick of it, it's not. simple as that. these ratings get skewed by people coming in saying 'fu*k g-unit they suck balls i'ma give 'em a one just cause they some fake n*ggas.' or 'the game is hard as fu*k i love his sh*t. i'ma give him a 5 this is classic sh*t!'

your boy was just trying to say people have prejudices about these albums already, and you come in here and say something like 'STOP LISTENING TO RAP' and "GET OFF GUNITS NUTS'

just clownin on your own rep son.

p.s. this album is ok, very west coast feel, which is nice, hot production, not sure about the lyrics yet, not alot of strong hooks on his album, but there's nothing wrong with that...i rated a 3 but it might go up to a 4 tomorrow
 11 years ago '04        #155
Buck244 
space
space
$329 | Props total: 0 0
The Album is fire and one of the best of 06
 11 years ago '05        #156
justinG 
space
space
$1,311 | Props total: 0 0
this is the only cd this year iam going to buy
 10-31-2006, 05:13 PM         #157
Truth34 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
very good album. only 2 bad songs
 10-31-2006, 06:08 PM         #158
islord 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of the best albums this year!
 11 years ago '04        #159
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
 Birdman's Back said:
that MAY be true but Kanye samples in every fu*kin song.

So does DJ Premier. I guess he's wack. So does 9th Wonder, I guess it's annoying. So did Erick Sermon and RZA but I guess they were lame. Marley Marl sampled heavy too but obviously you missed the point. Producers not relying on sampling are VERY rare. It's only starting to become more common because people got hip to royalties and etc. even though that's not stopping people from doing it. If you want to say you hate Kanye then fine but don't discredit the artform.
 11 years ago '04        #160
tazbk 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,685 | Props total: 17 17
Eh, unless he's doing a whole album, I could really care less about a Dre beat. I mean, his beats really didn't do much to boost Busta's album. I know he doesn't have the time to dedicate to each specific artist but we all know Dre craft's albums way better than just having a beat here and a beat there. Hell, Game shoulda did more tracks with Will.I.Am cause the Compton track was fire. He shoulda got some more from Nottz too. Come to think of it, what beats did Dre do on the Documentary cause I can't remember off the top.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Lil Peep Official Toxicology report says he had nearly 10 Different Dru..
151 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy